Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,908 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

1stflight's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1stflight's Profile / 1stflight's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Religion / Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by 1stflight: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

Thank you

Men of God don't collect offerings nor tithes. Ushers do.
I dont understand again ooo....
Ushers??....on there own volition

2 Likes 1 Share

Religion / Re: Does Our Worship Benefit God? by 1stflight: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2017
Give!
Give what?
Give to who??

A voluntary contribution that comes from my mind, a donation i personaly decide to set aside for furtherance of the "ministry" or a mandatory ten percent of my earning

1 Like

Religion / Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by 1stflight: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2017
petra1:

The kingdom of God runs on principles . These principles cut across dispensations. Principles such and giving of tithes and offerings are unending . The structures may differ but the principles are constant . Just like other principles such as alms for the poor or Honoring your father and mother ,praying to God , fasting etc. It is wrong to say such are done away with the law.

It was not the origin. We are children of Abraham our father of faith who's faith we follow . The law only reminded people of God of existing kingdom principles.

Tithe and offerings are given to God and it is used for work of service in Gods house also welfare and support of the full time workers in Gods house. Some claim that the church is absolved from such . That's not true.

1Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.?

Some may argue that Paul did live on the church income . Well it's only in Corinth he did that . He had to work to earn a living not because he was not entitled to welfare or support but because of their carnality just like some nairaladers. It's his choice but it's not a bad idea . Besides it's not a big deal . 90% of pastors today work as bankers , oil workers ,busunesmen , lecturers etc and they don't collect a dime for support .you can find out from winners ,redeem,Christ embassy etc . The pastors are volunteers Only few pastors are into full time ministry because of their responsibilities . Some have to resign from lucrative jobs . Like a pastor in CEC . Lanre Alabi who was the highest paid black man in chevron . He let the job go because of ministerial responsibilities . Likewise pastors in other denominations. All these propaganda are sponsored by the enemy of the church ,

I like your post.
Let me tell you this is what happens when all Dick, Tom And Harry claim to be man of God and what to open a church at the slightest opportunity, collect tithe and offering.

Everyday you here news of scams, fight, immorality about this so called men of God yet you want people to keep quiet that whatever they like they can do with the money......

There is really urgent need for a re-awakening, we need to break free from the culturescape which includes religion. Better be spiritual. As a fact religion has done more harm than good. If you ask me other names for religion are hypocrisy, confusion etc.

"I like your christ but i dont like your christians" -Ghandi.

1 Like

Religion / Re: What the "Sheeples" need to know about Tithing And Giving To Pastors by 1stflight: 6:36am On Nov 12, 2017
The best balanced view or explanation on the tithe issue you just gave there.

The rather unfortunate thing about the issue is the pastors who responded did not give an informed or balanced response instead they were just "one way" and emotional in their arguments which give room to questioning their motive.

Woe betides anyone who tells me i get saved or receive prosperity only when i give to "God" or the church a tenth of my earning even when i dont earn enough to feed me.

That said there is nothing stopping me from giving a voluntary donation for the continuity of the ministry or gospel as the need arises since we all know and agree that money makes all things happen.
Health / Re: Omoyele Sowore by 1stflight: 6:05am On Nov 06, 2017
Opinionated:

If you ask me, na who I go ask?

Nairalanders wee not kill me with laughter.
#JustPassing
Religion / Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by 1stflight: 5:47am On Nov 06, 2017
I don't understand!!!

"6 reasons why a pastor needs you in his/her life".

Consideration of that will give a balanced view of the topic under consideration.

@OP:Can you take up the challenge.

#JustThinking
#ConfusionEverywhere
Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 5:37am On Nov 06, 2017
1stflight:

I cant relate your illustration about water to the topic of discourse.

It is important to know the reason the law was given as i showed in an earlier post. Due to the sanctity of the blood, God gave a law that human can eat all animals (flesh) and not with the blood, this must be poured on the ground.....Gen9v4, Deut12v23-25.

Fast forward to Acts15, due to paganism some people started eating or consuming blood hence the need for the law in verses 28-29 "about abstaining from blood........". No reference was made about transfusing blood here.......transfusion of blood is nlt same as eating of blood.

About the use of blood fractions, is that not double standard If going by your belief, God frown at transfusing of blood, but fractions of the same blood can be given. I dont get except you can educate me on the source of the blold fraction......

Peace!!!

Guys, JWs in the house, please I need comments on this post and the one I made before this. This should be my 5th posts on this topic but I have not gotten a reply.

Kindly note that I am not here for unnecessary arguments......

Peace!!!
Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2017
1stflight:
@All: on the issue of blood, I have 2 points to make.

1. To understand Acts 15: 20,28&29 we need to ask some questions. Let me quote verse 29: "that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality........ ".(NKJV). The first question is why was this instruction given?
Genesis 9:3,4sheds some light. Verse 4:"but you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, it's blood "(NKJV). This was after God said every animals should be food for Adam.
It was clearly stated, don't eat the animals(flesh) with their blood(original instruction).

Now fast forward to Acts 15, reading the whole chapter it was written about circumcision. Lots of pagan practices have crept into the congregation which includes eating or direct consumption of blood hence the need for that instructions.

My second question: "Can the start of medical transfusion be dated as early as that time?"
If not, if not I don't under the interpretation of JW that "abstain" involves blood transfusion.

2. You won't accept blood transfusion but you can accept blood fractions. Is that not double standard??

Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
Olifiz:

I guess u know God knows things before hand and he’s the wisest. If u can come to terms with that u will believe he would have surely known that in the future there will be blood transfusion. If there’s was a law that says abstain from water....so becos the law earlier says do not drink water so u now think the other law that says abstain from water will allow u to inject that same water into ur body.

So as the bible said abstain from fornication do u think it’s only restricted to having sex only? Don’t u think all other forms are included.

I cant relate your illustration about water to the topic of discourse.

It is important to know the reason the law was given as i showed in an earlier post. Due to the sanctity of the blood, God gave a law that human can eat all animals (flesh) and not with the blood, this must be poured on the ground.....Gen9v4, Deut12v23-25.

Fast forward to Acts15, due to paganism some people started eating or consuming blood hence the need for the law in verses 28-29 "about abstaining from blood........". No reference was made about transfusing blood here.......transfusion of blood is nlt same as eating of blood.

About the use of blood fractions, is that not double standard If going by your belief, God frown at transfusing of blood, but fractions of the same blood can be given. I dont get except you can educate me on the source of the blold fraction......

Peace!!!
Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2017
1stflight:

1. To understand Acts 15: 20,28&29 we need to ask some questions. Let me quote verse 29: "that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality........ ".(NKJV). The first question is why was this instruction given?
Genesis 9:3,4sheds some light. Verse 4:"but you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, it's blood "(NKJV). This was after God said every animals should be food for Adam.
It was clearly stated, don't eat the animals(flesh) with their blood(original instruction).

Now fast forward to Acts 15, reading the whole chapter it was written about circumcision. Lots of pagan practices have crept into the congregation which includes eating or direct consumption of blood hence the need for that instructions.

My second question: "Can the start of medical transfusion be dated as early as that time?"
If not, if not I don't under the interpretation of JW that "abstain" involves blood transfusion.

2. You won't accept blood transfusion but you can accept blood fractions. Is that not double standard??

My points here.
CC. DavidEsq
Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
DavidEsq:
So dats ur point?
No sir, I made my points in my first post above.
Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 7:09am On Oct 30, 2017
DavidEsq:

So wats ur point as relates to the order to abstain from blood, which u tactfully avoided?

both nkembaby and malolu that you quoted above have made valid points in earlier posts.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1stflight: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2017

1 Like

Religion / Re: 1914 Of The JW Has It Any Authenticity In History? by 1stflight: 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
Confusion everywhere, religion with confusion with no exception.
Politics / Re: Tell Magu To Leave Me, Trump Didn’t Go After Obama’s Wife - Patience Jonathan by 1stflight: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
For real??

How did we get to this point??

Where and when did we loose it......?

1 Like 1 Share

Religion / Re: As A Chosen, GOD Saved Me In An Accident That Got 4 Passengers Burnt {my Pix by 1stflight: 7:29am On Sep 27, 2017
uboma:
Your miraculous survival has nothing to do with your Church.

Just thank the Almighty God for sparing your life and stop giving credit to your Church, the Chosen.

Spot on bro! Spot on....

This kinda "testimonies" from christians get me worried.

@OP, how are you sure none of the people that died are not members of chosen church, or does it mean member of the church do not or cannot die? People die everyday.

Anyway, i wish those they leave behind power and strength to cope with the loss.
Religion / Re: Should A Christian Keep A Gun To Protect Himself From Other Humans? by 1stflight: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dnockeror333:

Are you a saint? A worldless believer in the Holy One?

Why call "199! 199!! 199!!!" for resque?

If you have the worlds goods then, brother, fear and call flesh men to keep your fleshy wealth save!
Mscheeew...!

Call on the name of the Holy One, He will protect you, He is your protector. He is your preserver. Be faithful and true, keep calm.

For if you keep His commands, then why fear?

The Lord watches over those who hope in His Mercy (to even if its time) save their souls from death...

I see......

Will you hire a security man in your house or pay for vigilante or night guard in your area?
Religion / Re: If You Have Any Question Concerning Christian Faith, Ask by 1stflight: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2017
ysyowel:
I am a trained Minister of God, a Discipler and a Teacher, i am trusting God will help me answer all your questions, though not only me but Nairalanders will answer you as well

You can ask your questions now i am waiting.

Why are we here?
What happens to us when we die??

Give answer to these first....
Religion / Re: Should A Christian Keep A Gun To Protect Himself From Other Humans? by 1stflight: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2017
luap1990:
Should a Christian keep a gun to protect himself from other humans?

Ask the question below and you find answer
to your question:
"Should a christian rely on others carrying a gun to protect him?"

How do i mean: in case you sense armed robbers raiding in your area at night and you know they might get to your appartment, should you alert any gun carrying men to the rescue(if possible)? If YES, for what reason??

To me HYPOCRISY is another name for religion, christianity especially.
Religion / Re: Where Do We Go When We Die by 1stflight: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Where do we go when we die is a question many religious often asked expecially Jehova's witness.
Yesterday being saturday i was opportuned to discuss with one of their members, then i saw on the little book for teaching which subheaded WHERE DO WE GO WHEN WE DIE
some will say,
they have gone to rest
they have gove to face their own judgement
they have gone and nothing is there again
But i answered based on my own knowlegde, naturally or mere looking at this when someone dies he knows nothing at all everything stop to exist exceptional of the brain that live for for some days because the brain is the last thing that dies when a man is dead, but the spirit head to somewhere which no one seems to comprehend. OVER TO YOU, PLEASE WHERE DO WE GO WHEN WE DIE?(base on your religion)

Based on your answer that a dead person knows nothing, is that the reason we are here??

Why are we here?
What happens to us when we die??
What is the truth

Find answer to these questions and your life wil not remain the same.

Personally, i am on this quest....

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.