Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions (28098 Views)

El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year / Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by naijaspeak(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
The Delta state governor Dr Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan did nothing in Delta state for the close to 8 years Pdp lead rulership. There is nothing to show for the oil and gas money accrual to the state. Edo state is not receiving much money from the federal government.

3 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
DONYUK:
hmmm.....this should be called a govt model secondary school( not the type in rivers state o cos dem no be mate)
lol..ko da
bayii o
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
JayEye:
Last to comment.

Do you think they care about you...
those sick selfish ppl cry
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
ionsman:
What is pathetic about these pictures? The buildings or the fact there are some water gatherings. Lemme know op

Honestly I was going to say the same. @op should bring more pictures especially the conditions of the classrooms, libraries, toilets, foodsheds and hostels if there are any. You care more about grown grasses and untarred road while we know little about your place of study.

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by ionsman: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Honestly I was going to say the same. @op should bring more pictures especially the conditions of the classrooms, libraries, toilets, foodsheds and hostels if there are any. You care more about grown grasses and untarred road while we know little about your place of study.
Am telling you.Its so laughable
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by ogundelemaryjane: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
MORIAH PARK & GARDEN ESTATE This estate of the future is conceived to be a model for a serene gated and serviced residential community. The estate provides the appropriate blending for all aspects of interactive human activities which includes residential, commercial, educational, institutional, and recreational, inclusive of service.

It is about 15 acres estate, located at Agbowa Ikorodu, a unique location.

The estate is a product good thinking meeting opportunity. It is designed to satisfy the desire of the middle-class who loves aesthetics and splendor.

Neighbourhood:

Lagos State Govt. Housing Estate Agbowa, Lagos State Resettlement Center Agbowa, Industries, Institutions, Numerous Estate.

Title on the land: Land purchase agreement / irrevocable power of attorney donated by the customary owners.

Infrastructure: - Perimeter Fencing – Sewage disposal system - Electricity - Ultra modern borehole - Recreational facilities - Environmental security - Good Road Network, etc

The Benefits of the Scheme. • Liberation from the canker worm of the ‘Omo oniles’ • No issue of fictitious Vendors • Flexible Payment Plan • Fast land appreciation for speculators • No agency fees required. • Burden of procuring C of O is completely removed.

PAYMENT PLAN FOR A PLOT: EASY PLAN:@50,000 spread over 17th months Smart plan: Outright payment 700,000 attracts 10percent discount i.e. #630,000.00 per plot .

For prices of all our products and sales presentation, please you can contact our Staff NIKE on 08028223804.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Hemanwel(m): 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
Evicsholar:
I used to judge Oshiomole using BRF and Amosun's achievement as APC governors. Alas, i was wrong. We mostly digest any debris the media gives us without proper investigations. The roads in Ekpoma, Irua etc are nothing to write about. In schools, the teachers are mostly corp members with few staffs and yet, the governor comes out to say he sacked teachers for one reason or the other without proper replacement. What baffles me is that he gets cheers from large crowd making viewers from other state think he is indeed the man of the ppl
Edo people are still part of the reasons Oshiomhole has left them in the dark.
They celebrate mediocrity alot...
Funny thing is: everyone in Edo state -young and old - acts like s/he knows and can solve the problems that befall the state...
The very day I saw the "Go And Die" video,I knew Edo people were up for a shocker from this man.Had the video not gone viral,this man wouldn't have acted the way he later did to the widow...
Benin city will remain an ancient city till time immemorial..Nor be curse oh!

5 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hemanwel:
Edo people are still part of the reasons Oshiomhole has left them in the dark.
They celebrate mediocrity alot...
Funny thing is: everyone in Edo state -young and old - acts like s/he knows and can solve the problems that befall the state...
The very day I saw the "Go And Die" video,I knew Edo people were up for a shocker from this man.Had the video not gone viral,this man wouldn't have acted the way he later did to the widow...
Benin city will remain an ancient city till time immemorial..Nor be curse oh!

Bullshiit

That state was fucccked under PDP's rule. Oshimhole is starting afresh and everyone knows that except buttwipes like you.

3 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Ektinno: 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Sorry, did u say dat is a school?
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by anonimi: 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

China also has a GDP we can only dream of right now.

Education is expensive. I expect the govt of Edo State to deal with its corrupt educaiton officials. I also expect Nigerians to be realistic. You can't get good education on N32000 a year.

Note that I don't like the idea of increasing fees. Infact I hate the idea whole heeartedly. But sadly, if we want the poor kids to get a good education.....we may have to increase fees at state and LGA level.

(And, on a side note...it may become a reality soon....what with the fall in oil prices. Austerity will soon come into play....and what I have just said will soon happen).

It is so painful....but fees have to go up. And if APC or PDP are not ready to make that hard choice....as well as to end corruption....then either party isn't serious. The era of awoof money is over. We don't have enough money anyways...corruption and oil price aside.

P.S---If Abuja removes fuel subsidy and spends much of the money on education, fees may stay low.

P.S 2...Oil is a curse. Rely on oil money alone....and this is what you get. China is not a resource dependent country. Best we follow their example.

You are really MISSING the point although I perceive that you have very good intentions hence I am engaging with you.

Have you asked yourself how did China as a country/society become a NON resource dependent country?
How did they move from an agrarian society to an industrial entity?
They invested in their PEOPLE i.e. MASSIVE education of everyone at a time when their economy aka GDP was nothing to write home about, the society made the huge SACRIFICE necessary back then to have a better TODAY and even brighter tomorrow. Not so

Awolowo and the five UPN governors of the LOBOO states made similar sacrifice to educate our people six decades ago and three decades ago respectively.

Part of your concern about families with many kids is also a lack of education and subsequent work opportunities. Most middle class and rich people are too busy making money and enjoying it in other ways than simply fvcking their lives away and making babies angry

So how do we get out of the VICIOUS CYCLE of collective poverty if we do not make collective sacrifice to educate our people while copying, adopting and continuously improving TECHNOLOGY, procedures, processes, rules, laws and systems

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by endy231: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Those pictures are bad. but what does the school authority do with its internally generated revenue. Students should wake up and ask questions.......

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Larow(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
The school fine naa!
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Clinton207: 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Arysexy:
Oshiomohle has been infected with d virus ravaging most apc states. They spend money on rally insulting pdp and federal govt. While the state suffers.

U need to come to Benin to see things for urself

The governor only did a couple of roads in his first tenure, his second tenure is for amassing wealth.

Benin GRA has d worst road in Nigeria. The few good roads in this State are federal roads viz uselu ugbowo road tru new benin, auchi road via aduwawa.

Pray it doesn't rain while u are in Benin, u will hate urself. I wonder why they call it Benin city. It should be Benin village.

To worsen matter, edo is a one city state, yet development is lacking in Benin.

Oshiomhole is sleeping
very true!!

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by linnyx: 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
tempex88:
Ds one has nothing to do with Party oo. OShi is just insensitive to education

Chief, it rower stop at education ooo. The guy has done nothing for the state. Was there over d weekend and my car sunk twice. The roads - non-existent, thugs-having a field day.
In a nutshell, there's no governor in that state just a bunch of thugs ruling.
Igbenedion the former governor scored a minus five (-5). Oshi so far has scored a zero (0).

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by brightonline: 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
True talk!
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by brightonline: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
Adyrin:
I guess your father is a member of the All Polluted Con-men! APC

I'm a living testimony! All what has be said here is correctly truth and there is no lie in it.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by brightonline: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
adadadon:
This is a sponsored publication
The fact that lie has stay long in office doesn't make it truth
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by tempex88(m): 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
linnyx:

Chief, it rower stop at education ooo. The guy has done nothing for the state. Was there over d weekend and my car sunk twice. The roads - non-existent, thugs-having a field day.
In a nutshell, there's no governor in that state just a bunch of thugs ruling.
Igbenedion the former governor scored a minus five (-5). Oshi so far has scored a zero (0).

Wow really!!! D story we hear in lagos is different.

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by jude33084(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
Pinkytracy:
The only Edo state owned polytechnic founded since 2002

The environment is like a poultry and we pay true our mouth we 32k as school fees, but the money you will be made to pay after gaining admission is more than 150k

More pix

If you are a student from that "shiit hole" I will advise you go back to the secondary school because the environment has affected some part of your learning,....maybe the cognitive aspect undecided
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by donodion(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
Pinkytracy:
Edo State institute of technology and management smh
pathetic!!! and this is tuition paying school? Thunder fire Adams Oshiomole.

When he was yet to be elected he promised heaven and earth to Edo state.Vote out d baga with stones and roubles...Oshi...rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Arysexy:
Oshiomohle has been infected with d virus ravaging most apc states. They spend money on rally insulting pdp and federal govt. While the state suffers.

U need to come to Benin to see things for urself

The governor only did a couple of roads in his first tenure, his second tenure is for amassing wealth.

Benin GRA has d worst road in Nigeria. The few good roads in this State are federal roads viz uselu ugbowo road tru new benin, auchi road via aduwawa.

Pray it doesn't rain while u are in Benin, u will hate urself. I wonder why they call it Benin city. It should be Benin village.

To worsen matter, edo is a one city state, yet development is lacking in Benin.

Oshiomhole is sleeping

you are a bloody liar. I stay in Benin
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by oseiwe(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
Pinkytracy:
The only Edo state owned polytechnic founded since 2002

The environment is like a poultry and we pay true our mouth we 32k as school fees, but the money you will be made to pay after gaining admission is more than 150k

More pix
those schools still dey exist? make una go find admission for delta state.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Arysexy(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
Pprovost:

you are a bloody liar. I stay in Benin

Fool.

Where do u stay in Benin?

apart from akpakpava, sapele road,mission rd and uselu ugbowo rd, tell me any other motorable rd in Benin, let not go to irrua, ekpoma.

U guys need to go out and see things for urself.

Back of Oba market is shyt, upper mission rd swallow vehicles, lucky way is no go area, The whole GRA is messed up with red mud as thick as pap, u dare not go out when it rain.

Ozuoooo!
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by mediachirps(m): 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
JayEye:

Like you too. grin
lol
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by zexzy(f): 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Bullshiit

That state was fucccked under PDP's rule. Oshimhole is starting afresh and everyone knows that except buttwipes like you.
Starting afresh u say, its been six years since he started ruling. maybe he needs his life time to make a reasonable impact in the state.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
Oh,shits! Oh,shits! Nigeria is a very backward country after seeing those images of schools. How in the whole wide world would human beings study in those environments and still being humans? Jeez! angry angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry

The youths need to fight for their future because the primitive leaders are destroying it beyond imagination.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by holatin(m): 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
hmmmmm Nigeria where Government cater for themselves at d expense of their citizen.
vote for change
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ymodulus:
Source of the news Needs to be verified. APC have done much
Guy go to ekiadolor and see 4 ur self
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Joythah(m): 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
MadCow1:

Erm.... NO!

The problem with Nigeria is that we tend to think we must behave like Animals to pass our point across..

Thats how at the German Embassy, the Nigerian head of Security there is the rudest bastard on the surfcae of the earth. Yet when the White Security guy comes out, you see a difference in his approach.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE was it okay for Oshiomole to tell that woman to; Go & Die.. The problem with what he did was not the removal of the woman, but his attitude and comments. All he had to do was be firm and walk away, not act in such a crude and animalistic manner.
Have you watched American Television shows like; 'Cops' and 'Worlds Willdest Police videos'? Even when the Police are dealing with a criminal, they remain professional without being rude or disrespectful.

That my friend is the problem..

i am not condoning the action of the governor . I am only telling you what works in Benin city not what works in any other part of the world. I challenge you to tell me one govt action that has worked in Benin without Brute force.
Other govts in Edo state just turn a blind eye so that they can finish their tenure in peace.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Joythah(m): 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
MadCow1:

Erm.... NO!

The problem with Nigeria is that we tend to think we must behave like Animals to pass our point across..

Thats how at the German Embassy, the Nigerian head of Security there is the rudest bastard on the surfcae of the earth. Yet when the White Security guy comes out, you see a difference in his approach.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE was it okay for Oshiomole to tell that woman to; Go & Die.. The problem with what he did was not the removal of the woman, but his attitude and comments. All he had to do was be firm and walk away, not act in such a crude and animalistic manner.
Have you watched American Television shows like; 'Cops' and 'Worlds Willdest Police videos'? Even when the Police are dealing with a criminal, they remain professional without being rude or disrespectful.

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Joythah(m): 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
MadCow1:

Erm.... NO!

i am not condoning the action of the governor . I am only telling you what works in Benin city not what works in any other part of the world. I challenge you to tell me one govt action that has worked in Benin without Brute force.
Other govts in Edo state just turn a blind eye so that they can finish their tenure in peace.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Emblj: 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
am not an indigene of Edo state but these pics give one every reason to ask qtns. Why would a sch estd in 2002 has such buildings in thw first place. Why was d sch estd when there were no funds to develop it or were the funds embezzled ? Oshiomole might not av bn d originator of these ugly sights , what has he done to salvage d situatn. why did d indigenes allow PDP to rule them for 10 yrs when things were dat bad under their reign . Do PDP members av d moral justification to point accusing fingers @ APC when there were d genesis of d decay in infrastructure in d state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Move Some Federal Ministries, Agencies Out Of Abuja City / Nigerians Fuss As Arab Guy Whose Account Many Mistake For NASS Tweets In Pidgin / Court Refuses To Grant Forfeiture Of Saraki’s Ikoyi Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.