Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions (28100 Views)

El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions / FG To Sell Four State-owned Refineries Next Year / Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Emblj: 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
am not an indigene of Edo state but these pics give one every reason to ask qtns. Why would a sch estd in 2002 has such buildings in thw first place. Why was d sch estd when there were no funds to develop it or were the funds embezzled ? Oshiomole might not av bn d originator of these ugly sights , what has he done to salvage d situatn. why did d indigenes allow PDP to rule them for 10 yrs when things were dat bad under their reign . Do PDP members av d moral justification to point accusing fingers @ APC when there were d genesis of d decay in infrastructure in d state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by yampoo(m): 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
Saw dis on my cousins dp from edo state

2 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by emerich(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
MadCow1:

Sooo He is your best Governor for building those half-decent primary schools in almost 8-years in office? grin

He made those breathtaking transformation barely 2 years in office mind you and they are not half-decent my bro, you could visit those remote villages for confirmation If you are resident in Edo state.

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Ohibenemma(m): 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
He started so well that everyone couldn't help but commend him. We stopped thinking partywise and focused on the man that appeared so passionate about developing the state. On this account, every section of the state awarded him a second term...It was unprecedented, one man clearing all eighteen local government areas.
It didn't matter that the pace of work had lulled a bit; everyone believed this was due to some shortfalls in the allocation from the Federal Government. It didn't matter that his tax regime was biting, most persons believed it was because of a sincere desire to generate funds for the ongoing contracts...We believed, really believed.
But his second term showed the kind of person he was; we were soon to discover that we had been seriously shortchanged (at least, up till this moment). The many electoral promises were soon forgotten, he wouldn't have needed the many lies to win in the first place. The same bikemen, who had received free helmets from him in the buildup to the election were soon ejected from Benin-City, they were suddenly found unworthy of striving for their daily bread in the city centre. But he promised a better option for these persons thrown out of their source of livelihood - the government would provide subsidized taxis for them to purchase. Later, when many would have been thrown into despondency, the taxis arrived - lightweight cabs that could conveniently carry no more than five passengers. For this, former bikemen riding bikes worth no more than #120000 were suddenly required to cough out 1.8 million (over a period of time, of course). At least, this was the public announcement on TV and Radio. The new owners of the few available cabs soon discovered that the leasing company would be suck out of them no less than 3 million. They cried, but to what avail?
The people waited for the fulfillment of other promises and are still waiting. Hospital projects were abandoned at no less than 70% completion stages, and most are yet to be touched today, years after. Paintings have peeled off, ceiling boards have fallen off, bore-holes have gone decrepit, yet nobody is talking. Renovated schools, which have seemed to be the ONLY talking point of his administration are already getting into sorry states, as the contracts for their REPAINTING and REROOFING were awarded to party faithfuls who were more concerned with the immediate aesthetic appeal than anything else. Many of these are still unfurnished today.
What's worse, the only real recruitment exercise undertaken by his government in its six years in power was the blue collar, peanut paying O'Police who have made life worse in many ways for the masses. When such a government criticizes the Federal Government on account of employment opportunities, I remember the word, 'HYPOCRITES'. What happened to the Civil Service? The workers must have been getting younger all these years. What happened to the Teaching Service? The teachers must have tasted the longevity elixir. Heard some weeks ago that the secondary school I finished from, which had since been divided into Junior and Senior Secondary sections, had only 3 and 1 teachers respectively. Imagine the Principal being the only Government employed teacher in a Senior Secondary School! And this is in a state where the Governor has a knack for dismissing teachers...
Yet, we still believed, hoping the roads will be constructed, hoping the industries will be brought back to life, hoping our schools will have chairs and desks, hoping our hospitals will be repositioned for efficiency, hoping to have markets like we see in neighbouring states, hoping our schools will have teachers, hoping the Civil Service will recruit fresh hands, hoping the despotic taxations will be put into fresh projects we all can see, hoping the old ones will, at least, be maintained, hoping... We are still hoping.
Only one thing has been evidently on the rise - Government rhetorics. We hear lashing outs, criticisms and strong words, but rarely have we seen commensurate action. I shake my head when the media portrays him like a long sought for messiah. Maybe his first term was messianic, but at the rate he's going...I seal my lips...

4 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Jeolight: 12:42am On Nov 18, 2014
I am studying at d university of Benin. the only good road is d federal road. all d streets roads are bad with potholes like swimming pools. people put their shoes in their bags, trek out to d main road and put it on. this is d worst state Eva. no proper waste disposal system with dirts littered everywhere. and d govt doesn't seem to care. pathetic!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by MadCow1: 6:46am On Nov 18, 2014
emerich:

I have seen his schools..

Problem is na only schools ehn build in 6 yrs?

Plus I called them half decent because na only building I see.. The compounds no change like Amaechi own wey include everything..

Bros.. Benin City looked like they needed FG intervention when last I visited there.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by MadCow1: 6:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Bullshiit

That state was fucccked under PDP's rule. Oshimhole is starting afresh and everyone knows that except buttwipes like you.

Congratulations...

You just used PDP to make up excuses for Oshiomoles under performance..

Na PDP fault say in 6 yrs, he has not worked on a single inner city road in Benin.

Coming from you, I am quite surprised. You seemed to be more objective than this.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Arysexy:

Fool.

Where do u stay in Benin?

apart from akpakpava, sapele road,mission rd and uselu ugbowo rd, tell me any other motorable rd in Benin, let not go to irrua, ekpoma.

U guys need to go out and see things for urself.

Back of Oba market is shyt, upper mission rd swallow vehicles, lucky way is no go area, The whole GRA is messed up with red mud as thick as pap, u dare not go out when it rain.

Ozuoooo!

Your generation before and after you are all fools and you are the evidence of ur family pathetic 'ozuoish' lifestyle.....

I don't intend contributing to this sponsored topic before but your response was just too derogatory, biased and false altogether... yet you sound so convincing

i repeat, I live at GRA, Benin-City
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by MadCow1: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2014
Pprovost:

Your generation before and after you are all fools and you are the evidence of ur family pathetic 'ozuoish' lifestyle.....

I don't intend contributing to this sponsored topic before but your response was just too derogatory, biased and false altogether... yet you sound so convincing

i repeat, I live at GRA, Benin-City

But Bros o!!

Na GRA Benin na ehn me sef dey base anytime wey I enter Benin.. The whole GRA roads no good.. Pothole everywhere.. Some boys sef don used the pothole open office to dey collect money from cars.. When it rains, blood of God!! Some areas for there na forget about it..

The second area wey I enter on this my last trip last month was Obazee.. Omo, that area pothole fit swallow big jeep.. grin

If u say Benin City pure as e dey so, then I no get wetin to tell you again.. This is not about partisan politics but accountability.. I couldn't get what the Oshiomole hype was about..

Abi na Airport road and Apkapava be the only road wey ehn build? If u know others, tell us make we sef confirm am..

1 Like

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Anglovel: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Mologi:
na him go pay....abi he be oshiomole...
guys..make una protest well....
abi una go pay me dat 150k...mak we protest..

All student shuold go n sleep infront of oshiomole's gate make he see say water don pass AKAMU
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by md4u2: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
it is a shame to our state govt,the only polytechnic in the state is dirty as a poultry farm becos there is nothing to write home about the infastructure,the only building u can talk of in that skul is the admin block and hostel which was constructed during pdp
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Arysexy(m): 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
MadCow1:

But Bros o!!

Na GRA Benin na ehn me sef dey base anytime wey I enter Benin.. The whole GRA roads no good.. Pothole everywhere.. Some boys sef don used the pothole open office to dey collect money from cars.. When it rains, blood of God!! Some areas for there na forget about it..

The second area wey I enter on this my last trip last month was Obazee.. Omo, that area pothole fit swallow big jeep.. grin

If u say Benin City pure as e dey so, then I no get wetin to tell you again.. This is not about partisan politics but accountability.. I couldn't get what the Oshiomole hype was about..

Abi na Airport road and Apkapava be the only road wey ehn build? If u know others, tell us make we sef confirm am..

U dey mind that mumu?

same GRA I pass daily.

One thing with apc supporters is their cult - like blind allegiance to their governors and media propaganda they apply to save face.
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by nigerianvenom(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Arysexy:
Oshiomohle has been infected with d virus ravaging most apc states. They spend money on rally insulting pdp and federal govt. While the state suffers.

U need to come to Benin to see things for urself

The governor only did a couple of roads in his first tenure, his second tenure is for amassing wealth.

Benin GRA has d worst road in Nigeria. The few good roads in this State are federal roads[/b]viz uselu ugbowo road tru new benin, auchi road via aduwawa.

Pray it doesn't rain while u are in Benin, u will hate urself. I wonder why they call it [b]Benin city. It should be Benin village

To worsen matter, edo is a one city state, yet development is lacking in Benin.

Oshiomhole is sleeping

Words on the marble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by nigerianvenom(m): 12:02am On Nov 19, 2014
msmon:
From my findings, Seun monopolised that sections to muslim alone because of growing abuse and attacks on muslims on that section. It's really unfortunate that the state of insecurity in this country caused us to get suspicious of ourselves even our brothers instead of being our brothers keeper.
The last time I checked the bible, didn't Jesus said we should love our enemies, pray for those who cursed us?

I want to humbly request Oga Seun to have a rethink on that section once aagin.

FYI, I'm a muslim, I'm proud and I'm not a terrorist!.
I'm not one,but i think u are nice compare to some others here on nl,eg,maclatunji
Re: The Pathetic State Of Edo State Owned Tertiary Institutions by greggng: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
How did pdp paid u to post this rubish here. No one can deceive us oshobaba has done well unlike what previous pdp govt did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angry Governor Okorocha Speaks, Heads To Imo Police Command For A Rescue Mission / ‘atiku, Agbaje May Lose In Lagos If…’ / Picture Of Atiku Abubakar At AriseTV Presidential Townhall Series 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.