Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105988 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 5thNOTE: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
There are so many pyhsco nowadays claiming to be intellectual, and roaming social medias spreading rubbish. Niger republic, that is just like Nigeria in terms of two major religion, Islam and Christianity, dont they use french as offical language. Their moslems are more than christians or equal, will they be claiming they are speaking christian Language? Hong kong was colonized by British, but they still have their religion. But arabic is only use as religion language and whereas English is nt. Nymmar was colonized by Britian, but their major religion is Buddahism. So English is never a religious language. Christian religion came frm Isreal to romans to western world. So wether dutch, britian, france, portugese, they are official language in some countries in Africa but with their religion. Algeria speaks french, and france is christian country, will they say they are speaking christian langauge? France has moslems, so wht division are we doing here?

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Larow:
at least I have a waec qualification! What can a nomadic aboki farmer like u present? Work experience!!!!
Yes Im a farmer.

I will eat my farm produce

You should eat ur yeye qualification.

Fool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by davies123: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

Butting into a conversation to establish your utter lack of comprehension?

Is the test in Hausa? Then yes, it would be written in Ajami. Fool.

I feel sorry for u cos I its your brainwashed type that's is tieing bomb on their waist and blowing themselves....

When it's your turn don't forget to collect your 72 virgins o ...or is it 72 men ? Which one is it? pls clearify cos some of us r really confused about this issue
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BetaThings: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
UrbanMystique:
you probably went to christian school..

I did attend a PUBLIC school. I am not mistaken
I bought Songs of Praise severally
It was my sister that went to a Catholic school,a though my dad did not like it
My sister would even sing "Ave Maria O, beautiful mother....."
So I know the difference

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by UrbanMystique: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
BetaThings:

I did attend a PUBLIC school. I am not mistaken
I bought Songs of Praise severally
It was my sister that went to a Catholic school,a though my dad did not like it
My sister would even sing "Ave Maria O, beautiful mother....."
So I know the difference
so what is the name of the school so we can verify
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
MissMeiya:

There is a small movement online to develop the Nsbidi script. As you can imagine, it has very little support, Nigeria-centric as it is...

If you're truly interested, you can visit http://nsibiri..com

I used to manage http://nsibidi.wikia.com before they upgraded and lost most of my files, then I gave up, seeing no interest. *shrug*

@theSpark
I made a thread about it here: https://www.nairaland.com/2002137/nsibidi-original-nigerian-writing-script
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by 5thNOTE: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
There are so many pyhsco nowadays claiming to be intellectual, and roaming social medias spreading rubbish. Niger republic, that is just like Nigeria in terms of two major religion, Islam and Christianity, dont they use french as offical language. Their moslems are more than christians or equal, will they be claiming they are speaking christian Language? Hong kong was colonized by British, but they still have their religion. But arabic is only use as religion language and whereas English is nt. Nymmar was colonized by Britian, but their major religion is Buddahism. So English is never a religious language. Christian religion came frm Isreal to romans to western world. So wether dutch, britian, france, portugese, they are official language in some countries in Africa but with their religion. Algeria speaks french, and france is christian country, will they say they are speaking christian langauge? France has moslems, so wht division are we doing here? The christian Hausa dose the Arabic in d notes pls him? No! Do we forget that there are moslems in the south?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Frankestein08(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
holatin:

ode what wrong with been adopted, tinubu was adopted and today he is s national leader of APC, a feat non of ur generation has ever attained
since u re so foolish to categorise adopted child as a stigma, we can't rap together cus I only interact with knowledgeable people.
Last missile
GET A LIFE DUDE

lol, it does feels good to really tease some people, unah go just dey press p anyhow and still talk bout peace. errm...point of correction tinubu is looser and nigga ain't even comparable to the family I come from. No hard feelings bruh...smh
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BetaThings: 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Frankestein08:

If preservation is what you're complaining about, I think that's what the museum is for.
So you preserve culture by using the museum?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Larow(m): 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
MuhdG:

Yes Im a farmer.

I will eat my farm produce

You should eat ur yeye qualification.

Fool!
eat am full head! Wooo! U go waka 4 sun taya! Allah boys of borno! Aka Boko haram!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by yolobabe(f): 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by limamintruth: 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
jomoh:

In which part of my statement did you read or had the impression that I claim Hausas of today can't read in english. A lot of people lack comprehension and logic skills.

The man was talking about why the arabic inscription was there in the first place. This means he was talking about some 45 to 50 years ago not hausas of today.

Were you thought tenses in primary school? Can't you differentiate between present and past tense? Obviously the man talked in past tense to give reason why the inscription was there in the first place which was clearly not for religious reason.

So I ask again. Why bring religion into this? Even the @OP is ignorant and does not know the difference between arabic and islamic. If you see a bible written in Arabic, would you say its islamic bible?

Everything written in arabic doesn't necessarily become islamic. This are the things the Mods are supposed to have known and corrected before putting the topic on the front page thereby causing religious confusion and e-conflict. Seun I believe your mods should know this.

Nonetheless, the arabic inscriptions on the naira notes are irrelevant now. We are no longer living in the olden days and northerners of today are more enlightened and knowlegeable in both hausa & english than they were 50yrs ago; thus, i still reiterate that your initial argument is very wrong.
And mind you it is the likes of vedaxcool & co. that provided religious colouration to the intent of the arabic inscriptions being written on the naira notes, not me. Comprend'e

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BetaThings: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
bleufaucon:
Well the numerical figure of 100 is still arabic,so the federal government is very much in order!
So an Arab writes 100?
Have you ever seen an Arabic book before?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
BetaThings:

The burning of churches is for show. Boko Haram is not representing me
It is deeply painful that some mad fanatics are killing innocent people
but you will notice that they killed the imams in Mubi that had been speaking against them

I am surprised that with about 13 years of Christian rule in this country, you are suddenly suspcious of Islam
How do you islamise a country with most of the armed forces headed by christians, the president a christian, the leadership of the legislature dominated by christians
Why do you think that Muslims would not assume that Christians are out to erase Islam
Read this article and tell me whether Christians really act as if they truly believe in secularity
http://www.punchng.com/politics/crossfire/aregbesola-wants-to-islamise-osun-can/

Tell me the religions that peacefully co-exist with Christianity

So what are Christians tolerating?

BTW - the actions we criticise are the actions of the MAINSTREAM in Christianity
It is really unfair to imply that every Muslim supports Boko Haram. How can that be?
Sometimes we don't even all start fasting on the same day

Islamization of Nigeria was the agenda of OIC in Abuja declaration of 1989. I don't have the details as to how they plan to do it, but they have the blue print. But, has it not occurred to you that majority of towns captured in the north east have Christian majority (Gwoza, Chibok, Mubi etc). Among the first things boko haram does after capturing a community is to burn the churches and start forcing people to convert to Islam or be killed. Even in the middle belt and Kaduna south, fulani herdsmen only attack Christian tribes and communities. Is that not a forceful way of islamizing the entire north. With the way BH and fulani herdsmen are going, will there still be Christian communities in the north in 50years time, if nothing drastic happens.

You do not support boko haram, and likewise many average muslims, but believe me, you will still be happy if ultimately the whole north is taken over by Islam (albeit by the sword of terrorists). Is that not how the arabs wiped out the Christian minorities and took over north Africa? Is that also not how Islam took over Turkey? Yet you people celebrate these regions despite that it was through jihad that Islam took over.

Frankly, that is part of the agenda for Nigeria. You may not want it, but many of your leaders do. If they succeed with the north east and middle belt, they will advance to the south. SW will be an easy take over as half of them are already Muslims.

Again, the suspicion is not sudden, as the killing of Christians in the north has been for decades. We only voice out the suspicions when situations arise.

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
then why the Illuminati logo
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BetaThings: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
UrbanMystique:
so what is the name of the school so we can verify
Comprehensive High School
You really think I am lying about this?
You can do better and fact check my posting history!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
Frankestein08:

lol, it does feels good to really tease some people, unah go just dey press p anyhow and still talk bout peace. errm...point of correction tinubu is looser and nigga ain't even comparable to the family I come from. No hard feelings bruh...smh
chei! so your pops is richer than jagaban!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Frankestein08(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
BetaThings:

So you preserve culture by using the museum?

oh so it's now a culture, more reason why you've to use the museum not our currency bruh.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by viktuur(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
vedaxcool:

Myopic people indeed, well stated, what is wrong accommodating other people? How has removing this change your life? Jonathan is playing politics with myopic Christians who would feel they have won some sort of victory, while him and his cronies continue ruing the economy implicitly or explicitly. When people think illiterates are the only one manipulable by religion we fail to the see the fact that myopic literates fare no better!

Bros it is not Jonathan o, Its a CBN policy, even the OP mentioned that it was remove from the N1000, N500, & polymers.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by MNDY(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
BetaThings:

I went to a public school
I did CRS, I bought a Bible, bought Songs of Praise
Not for 1 second was i taught IRK and have a been a Muslim all my life
I can still recite
"Fight the good fight....."
"Rock of Ages cleft for me...."
"Thine for Ever .........."

Please your people are MUCH MORE intolerant!

INTOLERANT? Are you serious? Those who you are truly or falsely claiming to be distorting your Islam's principles to carry out heinous crimes against humanity are the intolerant ones!
------------------
What you call intolerance of Christians is called the "fed up" feeling resulting from the above! Christians are fed up with the persecutions but there is nothing we can do about it than to just complain!
------------------
The fellow Muslims you will claim that they are attacking too are not the main targets, just a number of fellow Muslims who oppose their ideology! On the whole, an average Muslim is inclined to exterminate practicers of other religions as he/she believes that Islam is the only way . . . now, that is INTOLERANCE!
------------------
You have no point! The bible is easy to read as it is in English language! Same for the songs of praise you mentioned!
------------------
My coursemates who are devout Muslims don't even know Arabic, wetin me I wan talk! Only a few of them know it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: title change. Eh. A little better.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Islamization of Nigeria was the agenda of OIC in Abuja declaration of 1989. I don't have the details as to how they plan to do it, but they have the blue print. But, has it not occurred to you that majority of towns captured in the north east have Christian majority (Gwoza, Chibok, Mubi etc). Among the first things boko haram does after capturing a community is to burn the churches and start forcing people to convert to Islam or be killed. Even in the middle belt and Kaduna south, fulani herdsmen only attack Christian tribes and communities. Is that not a forceful way of islamizing the entire north. With the way BH and fulani herdsmen are going, will there still be Christian communities in the north in 50years time, if nothing drastic happens.

You do not support boko haram, and likewise many average muslims, but believe me, you will still be happy if ultimately the whole north is taken over by Islam (albeit by the sword of terrorists). Is that not how the arabs wiped out the Christian minorities and took over north Africa? Is that also not how Islam took over Turkey? Yet you people celebrate these regions despite that it was through jihad that Islam took over.

Frankly, that is part of the agenda for Nigeria. You may not want it, but many of your leaders do. If they succeed with the north east and middle belt, they will advance to the south. SW will be an easy take over as half of them are already Muslims.

Again, the suspicion is not sudden, as the killing of Christians in the north has been for decades. We only voice out the suspicions when situations arise.
and the weapons u guys de keep for church wat re de for

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by muraj1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2014
ndcide:
GOOD!
we can't have strange languages on our currency

VERY GOOD

Is English not a strange language?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by shomutuski(m): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Why are some people deluded like this.... Some of us here are the reason why most caucasian feel we still live in medieval time. The guy explained why hausa word for naira is on the note is solely for hausa people that don't understand english. And some people who their DNA has metamorphed with bigotry and relegious fanaticism can't even reason. CHAI!!! Nigeria is finished. This is the work of C.A.N. Most of us claim to be educated yet we can't even use our brain to reason something as simple as ABC. What of the yoruba and igbo word for money on the note. Why can't u people complain about that. Am a yoruba guy and I understand what that guy is trying to pass through.CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
MNDY:

INTOLERANT? Are you serious? Those who you are truly or falsely claiming to be distorting your Islam's principles to carry out heinous crimes against humanity are the intolerant ones!
------------------
What you call intolerance of Christians is called the "fed up" feeling resulting from the above! Christians are fed up with the persecutions but there is nothing we can do about it than to just complain!
------------------
The fellow Muslims you will claim that they are attacking too are not the main targets, just a number of fellow Muslims who oppose their ideology! On the whole, an average Muslim is inclined to exterminate practicers of other religions as he/she believes that Islam is the only way . . . now, that is INTOLERANCE!
------------------
You have no point! The bible is easy to read as it is in English language! Same for the songs of praise you mentioned!
------------------
My coursemates who are devout Muslims don't even know Arabic, wetin me I wan talk! Only a few of them know it!
guy The Glorious Quran pass infidel knowledge o......even if you spend your whole life trying to know it as long as u re an infidel....!! Arnan banxa zamuci uwarku walahi!!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by aumeehn: 9:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
shomutuski:
Why are some people deluded like this.... Some of us here are the reason why most caucasian feel we still live in medieval time. The guy explained why hausa word for naira is on the note is solely for hausa people that don't understand english. And some people who their DNA has metamorphed with bigotry and relegious fanaticism can't even reason. CHAI!!! Nigeria is finished. This is the work of C.A.N. Most of us claim to be educated yet we can't even use our brain to reason something as simple as ABC. What of the yoruba and igbo word for money on the note. Why can't u people complain about that. Am a yoruba guy and I understand what that guy is trying to pass through.CAN is really working though, through ignorance,it is raising the next generation of lord resistance army fighters, who rather than demand good governance would prefer finding new fronts to fight Muslims. Any nation where people put bigotry and fanaticism before tolerance is doomed to be stagnated.
a million likes for u
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Timijo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
The arabic inscription is of no use again jawe. How many mallams are reading it before they can recognise the currency? Besides, the amount has been translated into hausa language for them to recognise it. The reasons given by Mr. Jari were immaterials. English language is not the christian language, but a national language and that makes it official and acceptable.
Mr. Jari has allowed sentiment to be cloud his sense of judgement. The guy fall my hand.

Muslims imposing their will on Nigerians since 1960.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
OTOGE!
YA ISHE MU!
OZUGO!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by eddy4naija: 9:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
I dont know why an islamic / arabic inscribtion should be in our currencies. why are there no christian / hebrew inscriptions on our notes, as english is not d original christian language but hebrew. I think removing d inscription is d best becos nigeria is not an islamic but a circular state.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Afroconnect: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
We re Africans not Arabs-these Arab traditions and hadiths is what boko haram are championing.

I get sick to the stomach when an African man will abandon his cultures and embrace Arabic culture-appalling.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by RealAlfranco: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.

This madness has to stop, National assembly is built like a mosque, the presidential villa is built like a mosque....This country belongs to us all and is never a religious state. visit any ministry, parastatal or agency of the government in Abuja. the master plan of those buildings have mosques...They couldn't have the freedom to do that in Lagos, and came up with the script that the capital of Nigeria has to be at the center of Nigeria.

We just need to be security conscious cos in matter of days the news that Hausa/Islamic Inscriptions has been removed will go viral, they will tag all of us HARNI (meaning Unbeliever) and may go on rampage killing themselves not me.

I remember my uncle who was a member of MPR telling me that Soludo had good plans for the Naira but the northern hegemony wont allow him. That his problem with Yaradua began the day he raised it in their meeting that Nigeria is a secular state and so should not have any religious inscription in our currency. He said YARADUA heard of it before that meeting ended. Of course his brothers informed him. Yaradua called Soludo as the meeting was ending to ask how true.

Most people think Soludos tenure was not renewed because of the planned devaluation of the naira which presidency claims they were not carried along. but the inscription on the naira was the genesis of Soludos crisis with Yaradua. OBJs grand plan was that Soludo should remain and complete the devaluatuion plan.

In days to come expect the northern elites reaction to this removal.and may be Bokoharam taking more innocent lives in protest...Nigeria belongs to them and we are their slaves...so an average northerner thinks.

Except for those suffering from historical Amnesia, the 2015 struggle to take power by the north is never born out of the love for Nigeria. The North has not forgiven Southern Nigeria for the death of Yaradua. In their heart, in their mosques, its a subject of discuss that Jonathan is seating on their chance and must be unseated no matter what. Ineeded, Jonathan has disappointed all of us greatly but the North seeking power on the premise that it belongs to them or based on vendetta is a NO NO for me and all intellectual minds.

I dont know how we came up with Quota system, but that stuff has only served in the interest of the north. I dont know any southerner who has benefited from Quota system. We sacrificed merit at the altar of that Northern grand plan. If not tell me why Fashola should not be given APC presidential ticket to have a good election. But try that and see the viper react...It must be them or nothing.They annuled June 12, gave it to Weak Shonekan for few months and chased him out again, killed Abiola in the prison so that , his case will remain in the ash bin of history. Today, my people cry for remeberance of June 12 and they laugh from Minna and Kano.they knew what they were doing... If you are up north during the election, and Jonathan is declared winner, better run for your life. They will unleash the evil dragon, what Bokoharam is doing now is childs play compared to the plan.

bookmark this and quote me on Feb 14th.
eh Bro! I've packed myself and my belongings and moving out of Africa... I keep saying it to whoever cares to listen,Naija will erupt in 2015 no matter who wins da election! If u are staying in Kano,Sokoto...inshort all 'core' muslim states,and u r a Christian,run to ur village and resume work after the elections...erm, I mean war. Thank me later!

I heard Ghanaian gals wear bids around der waist...lemme just confam 4 myself... So Ghana I Must Go and To Ghana, It Is!!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by NobleG1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
English is the country's official language. If you're muslim and can't read English or Numerical system (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) which is actually Arabic numerals (a system traditionally adopted by the Muslim Persian and Arab mathematicians, and passed on to the Arabs further west.), then you don't deserve to use money. Trade by barter may be your only option

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by limamintruth: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
This is what i call misplaced priority cos while the north is gradually being consumed by terrorism(e.g bh) & violence(e.g inter-tribal & religious crises), i'm really surprise that we still have elites who would rather criticise the govt. about frivolous issues as this, rather than compel the govt. to restore stability in the northern region & ensure the protection of the lives n properties of all persons living there; as well as improve the living conditions of its people.
Gaskiya its really a pity. Imagine 11pages of debating on triviality & still counting, smh.
Peace outta this disgusting thread!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding / Football Betting: Season 2 / Start Your Own Boxers Business With N5, 000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.