Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,719 members, 7,865,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

How To Understand Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Understand Men (867 Views)

South African Woman Wants To Understand Nigerian Men / How To Understand Men Better / Girls, We Need To Understand Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Understand Men by kateangel(f): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
After completing these 5 questions, you'll be emailed a free personalized analysis from professional dating coach, Paige Parker.

Don’t over-think this… just go with your gut and choose the closest option to
how you’d answer. And be honest!

1)  You’re catching up with your best friend over a glass of wine when she notices her (tall, dark and handsome!) coworker across the bar. She introduces you and you engage in a brief but flirtatious conversation. You’re sure he’s going to ask for your number, but then he tells you to “take it easy” and starts to head back to his group of friends. YOU:
  Stop him before he gets away and ask if he wants to grab dinner sometime.
  Drop by his group of friends on the way out to say “goodbye” and slip him your number.
  Jump back into conversation with your girlfriend. Hey, if he wants your number, he knows how to get it.
2)  You’ve just had a great first date. At the end of the night, you thank your guy for an amazing time and he says, “I’ll call you.” You reply:
  “Perfect! I’m free all week.”
  “Ok, goodnight!”
  “I’ll wait for your call.”  
3)  You’ve been on a few dates with a great guy and things are going really well. It’s starting to feel more serious; you don’t even have an interest in seeing other people anymore. You wonder if he feels the same. You:  
  Keep your feelings to yourself until he tells you he wants to be exclusive.  
  Tell him that you’ve decided to stop dating around and ask him how he feels about it.  
  Pour him a glass of wine and, in the most non-threatening voice possible, tell him you’d like to have a conversation about where the relationship is going.  
4)  You've been dating a guy for a few weeks and things seem to be going along swimmingly. Just when you think that this budding relationship is darn near perfect, your man starts acting out. He "forgets" to call when he says he will. He shows up to your birthday party 45 minutes late. He cancels a date at the last minute or stands you up altogether. YOU:
  Leave a furious message on his voicemail letting him know what a jerk he is and threatening to break up with him if he doesn’t make it up to you, pronto.
  Ignore his calls for a while and stand him up on your next date. He’s not going to get away with hurting you, and he needs to know how it feels.
  Calmly let him know that you expect to be treated with respect and give him the opportunity to prove whether he’s capable of following through.
5)  We all know that nobody’s perfect, but which of these behaviors can’t you change in your man and should be considered “deal breakers?”
  He’s emotionally unavailable (e.g. “I care about you but… I don’t love you / could never marry you / I don’t know what love is / I never want to get serious / (fill in his ‘I need to keep my emotional distance’ phrase here).  
  He’s got major anger issues (with or without the tendency toward verbal or physical abuse).
  You're hopelessly incompatible with one another (you want kids someday, he never does; you want to marry a Jew, he's Catholic, etc, ).
Re: How To Understand Men by bacterium(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2008
Another BULLSHIT!!! Are you craving for man? If you are lonesome black lady I am here for you my sweetie. Love, Faisal

(1) (Reply)

Confusion / Did I Do Wrong? / What Does Dis Saying From A Guy Implies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.