Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe (39213 Views)

''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Omooba77: 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
Presidency Thursday declared the utterances of the Rivers state governor, Chibuike Amaechi, that should the All Progressive Congress (APC) lose the 2015 general election, the party would resort to civil disobedience as incitement, treason and gross rascality.Addressing news men on the outcome on the APC Salvation Rally, the Senior Special Assistant to President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said, "Mr. Amaechi who became Governor of Rivers State in 2007 consequent upon a court judgment, said at a street rally organized by the All Progressive Congress that if the 2015 elections are ‘rigged’, his party will not seek redress in court but would rather carry out what he called ‘civil disobedience’ as well as form a parallel government”.

According to the President's aide, "This statement is clearly a further evidence of Governor Amaechi’s penchant for lawlessness and anarchy in his unbridled pursuit for power. It is curious and unthinkable that a man who was himself a beneficiary of the court process would disdain the very platform through which he acquired the opportunity to make his reckless and provocative statement.

"It is even more worrisome when one considers the fact that Governor Amaechi’s party, which is relatively new, came on board promising hope to Nigerians. With statements like this it is clear that Amaechi is more of a liability to his party than an asset and has the potential to bring his party to further opprobrium and disrepute. For someone who aspires to become the Vice President of this country, his disdain for law and order is not only unfortunate but also patently dangerous and sends dark signals about the survival of our democracy.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechis-utterances-treasonable-says-presidency/194616/

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Omooba77: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Why will they destroy a house because they cant live in it.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by lilprinze: 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
I don't just know what is the problem of this man called Amaechi.
Must he talk he is just a useless noise maker, who doesn't know how to control his big mouth.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by micolaj: 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Agbo Ejo Enikan Da, AGBA OSIKA NI. WHAT ABOUT ASARI DOKUBO'S WORDS? AMAECHI and THE PRESIDENCY (PART 2). Watching in 419D

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by joe17: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Amaechi can Rap!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
Inasmuch as I don't subscribe to election rigging, civil disobedience is never a decent way to reclaim mandate. The government, inec and police must do all they can to ensure a free, fair and credible election so as to avoid breakdown of law and order.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by chronique(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Spot on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Omooba77: 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
barcanista:
Inasmuch as I don't subscribe to election rigging, civil disobedience is never a decent way to reclaim mandate. The government, inec and police must do all they can to ensure a free, fair and credible election so as to avoid breakdown of law and order.

For the very first time I want to commend you for an honest comment cheesy cheesy cheesy

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by stopdat: 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
He said if the elections are rigged. Why is Okupe afraid? Is the PDP planning to rig d elections?

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Firefire(m): 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Omooba77:
Presidency Thursday declared the utterances of the Rivers state governor, Chibuike Amaechi, that should the All Progressive Congress (APC) lose the 2015 general election, the party would resort to civil disobedience as incitement, treason and gross rascality.Addressing news men on the outcome on the APC Salvation Rally, the Senior Special Assistant to President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said, "Mr. Amaechi who became Governor of Rivers State in 2007 consequent upon a court judgment, said at a street rally organized by the All Progressive Congress that if the 2015 elections are ‘rigged’, his party will not seek redress in court but would rather carry out what he called ‘civil disobedience’ as well as form a parallel government”.According to the President's aide, "This statement is clearly a further evidence of Governor Amaechi’s penchant for lawlessness and anarchy in his unbridled pursuit for power. It is curious and unthinkable that a man who was himself a beneficiary of the court process would disdain the very platform through which he acquired the opportunity to make his reckless and provocative statement."It is even more worrisome when one considers the fact that Governor Amaechi’s party, which is relatively new, came on board promising hope to Nigerians. With statements like this it is clear that Amaechi is more of a liability to his party than an asset and has the potential to bring his party to further opprobrium and disrepute. For someone who aspires to become the Vice President of this country, his disdain for law and order is not only unfortunate but also patently dangerous and sends dark signals about the survival of our democracy.”MORE TO FOLLOW

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechis-utterances-treasonable-says-presidency/194616/

May the soul of the departed ones killed after the outcome of 2011 Presidential election result REST IN PEACE cry cry cry

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Leboska(m): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
What do expect from apc?

15 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Built2last: 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
A true leader speaks less....Amaechi is a disappointment from all angles....May civil disobedience swallow him and his family only....what pains me is that many gullible fellows think that what politicians are doing is for their collective good. APC wants power at all cost, PDP Wants to retain power at all cost. It is the height of personal deception to think that the masses are anywhere in their plan. Must we loose lives anytime we have elections?

What pained me about his interview is not even parallel government cos its not possible.

It is that he said ''we will cause CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE and we will not go to COURT'' meaning that the only result acceptable to AMAECHI is that they are declared winners...Demon cracy indeed.
We have Executhieves and Legislooters...one and the same

People Decieveing people (PDP) Since 1999

Another Problem Coming (APC) Since 2011

Which way Naija

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by iluvnaija: 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
So presidency is planing to rig 2015 elections. Ehen! I see!

Amechi, nothing do you! Make dem rig the election, we will sweep them out!

40 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Omooba77: 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
They should remember libya and Egypt

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Omooba77: 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Built2last:
A true leader speaks less....Amaechi is a disappointment from all angles....May civil disobedience swallow him and his family only....what pains me is that many gullible fellows think that what politicians are doing is for their collective good. APC wants power at all cost, PDP Wants to retain power at all cost. It is the height of personal deception to think that the masses are anywhere in there plan. Must we loose lives anytime we have elections?
God bless you for this sincere comment,most of their children are not in Nigeria..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by nwafuluozoh: 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
High time the FG dealt with Amaechi ruthlessly. All APC members are barbarians.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by nwafuluozoh: 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Highly treasonable and shouldn't be taken lightly like the last time Buhari said something like this and the Boko boys were unleashed on us. In fact Amaechi should be arrested for such irresponsible statements.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by denedene(m): 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
n he recently sent his family abroad... imagine! looking for gullible nigerians to fight deir fight, like they would kal me wen they r sharing the billions... anyways! lemme observe if his son would join in d civil unrest

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by asodeboyede(m): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
May God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Omooba77: 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
asodeboyede:
May God help us!
A big amen

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Equado(m): 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
stopdat:
He said if the elections are rigged. Why is Okupe afraid? Is the PDP planning to rig d elections?
r yhu a literate or an illiterate...d man called ameachi jst threatened nigeria's sovereignty and you're talking thrash...no matter his premise...he shoudnt threaten the sovereignty of this nation...Jonathan jst 2 gentle...I know many presidents that lock dis fool{amaechi} 4 a long long tym#treason

22 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by levelszik(m): 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
stopdat:
seriously is that the hardest you can think? Am beginning to suspect you belong to the specie that has to stand astride to urinate.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by darqly(m): 12:07am On Nov 21, 2014
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by fr3do(m): 12:10am On Nov 21, 2014
Jonathan is very mature, his calmness to rubbish from the opposition is like if he came from the 22nd century.

25 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by princewilll1: 12:31am On Nov 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Amaechi is on point!

I am Strongly For Rig and Roast!

Jonathan and shepopo must be swept away next year! Nigeria must rise again.
Riff-raff so u told them to ban me,u never see anything.I have gotten like 6 monikers for u,U have just declared war on ur self trust me

24 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by taharqa: 12:40am On Nov 21, 2014
stopdat:
The problem, mate, is APC's definition of 'rigging': a situation where we do not win an election.dat's d real problem here....anyways, Ameachi is sick (and I mean it).so no surprises

20 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by arresa: 12:42am On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:

Not while they are bought, paid for and willing tools of the same FG and despotic president destabilizing the country and bastardizing our government institutions..

Civil disobedience liberated a lot of societies all over the world and even in America today, black people have rights because they fought for it via demonstrations and civil disobedience.

Btw, you are wrong. Nigeria is a mess today because the average Nigerian is very docile and submissive, they take whatever insult and abuse dished by the government without saying a word, they even blame themselves for abusive and corrupt government ways.

We are not ready in Nigeria to fight for our rights and till then, corruption continues, brutality continues, impunity continues, incompetence continues....

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by arresa: 12:44am On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin

The clowns and hypocrites are also sad and pathetic hypocrites and comedians..

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by maestroferddi: 2:36am On Nov 21, 2014
All these garrulous elements making seditious statements should be known for who they are - enemies of Nigeria.

How can democracy thrive when some undesirable elements show by their utterances that they are uncomfortable with liberty and propriety?

A government that resolved to guarantee civil and press liberties is being pushed to adopt repressive measures to muzzle malcontents bent on engendering civil disobedience.

We are not ready for democracy. Shikena.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by standupguy(m): 4:59am On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:

Dumb Bleep, Asari holds no.political office neither has he ever asked for votes from electrorates.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by banki(m): 5:14am On Nov 21, 2014
tompolo threatened the president and the president tactfully ran away.....
that wasn't treasonable

Tompolo kidnapped journalists publicly nothing happened.... and yet they are harassing amechi

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deputy Governor Hamzat Apprehends Road Users Plying One Way In Lagos (Photos) / Peter Obi Celebrates Charly Boy On His 73rd Birthday (Photo) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.