Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,558 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe (39288 Views)

''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by osasfavour: 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
:oWhy is okukpe afraid, are they planning to rig 2015 election? They should not rig n think dat ppl will go to court to seek redress, when its obvious dat d president is d one controlling d juudiciary, d police d sss d army n d inec. And they should stop saying dat ameachi is a benefitiary of d court judgement, wit d way things are going in dis country, if it was to b under GEJ administration, ameachi will never av won dat case. Under GEJ administration, minority is d majority. 16 > 19. In ekiti, 7 > 21

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by coolvitus(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Naija is doomed
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
Inasmuch as I don't subscribe to election rigging, civil disobedience is never a decent way to reclaim mandate. The government, inec and police must do all they can to ensure a free, fair and credible election so as to avoid breakdown of law and order.
So even a mere e-campaigner has more sense than a whole Governor. SMH

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by vigasimple(m): 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
APC will never win a free and fair election because they have not distinguish themselves from PDP. majority of thier leaders are PDP reject. They do not have a a Presidential candidate in place less than 3 months before the election. No manifesto. All they are trying for is to get the presidency by hook or crook.

As for Amaechi, he always talk before he thinks hiding behind Governors immunity. He would run away come January because by February he will be in prison. Ask yourself, why did he shipped his family abroad asking other people children to fight for him to get richer?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Greatomotoy: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
stopdat:
He said if the elections are rigged. Why is Okupe afraid? Is the PDP planning to rig d elections?
abi o, help me ask dem
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by idrisa334: 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
This is the presidencies response:

Presidency slams Amaechi, accuse him of “incitement, treason and gross rascality.”
Source: [url=https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=Presidency+slams+Amaechi%2C+accuse+him+of+%E2%80%9Cincitement%2C+treason+and+gross+rascality.%E2%80%9D&oq=Presidency+slams+Amaechi%2C+accuse+him+of+%E2%80%9Cincitement%2C+treason+and+gross+rascality.%E2%80%9D&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59l2&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8#q=Presidency+slams+Amaechi%2C+accuse+him+of+%E2%80%9Cincitement%2C+treason+and+gross+rascality.%E2%80%9D+e+reporter+news]http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/1507-presidency-slams-amaechi-accuse-him-of-incitement-treason-and-gross-rascality[/url]
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Keypha(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Amechi don't worried, I trust Jonathan he is silent killer, you will carry all in your head, see as ibori dey suffer in jail, ur own will be worst.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
Omooba77:
Presidency Thursday declared the utterances of the Rivers state governor, Chibuike Amaechi, that should the All Progressive Congress (APC) lose the 2015 general election, the party would resort to civil disobedience as incitement, treason and gross rascality.Addressing news men on the outcome on the APC Salvation Rally, the Senior Special Assistant to President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said, "Mr. Amaechi who became Governor of Rivers State in 2007 consequent upon a court judgment, said at a street rally organized by the All Progressive Congress that if the 2015 elections are ‘rigged’, his party will not seek redress in court but would rather carry out what he called ‘civil disobedience’ as well as form a parallel government”.

According to the President's aide, "This statement is clearly a further evidence of Governor Amaechi’s penchant for lawlessness and anarchy in his unbridled pursuit for power. It is curious and unthinkable that a man who was himself a beneficiary of the court process would disdain the very platform through which he acquired the opportunity to make his reckless and provocative statement.

"It is even more worrisome when one considers the fact that Governor Amaechi’s party, which is relatively new, came on board promising hope to Nigerians. With statements like this it is clear that Amaechi is more of a liability to his party than an asset and has the potential to bring his party to further opprobrium and disrepute. For someone who aspires to become the Vice President of this country, his disdain for law and order is not only unfortunate but also patently dangerous and sends dark signals about the survival of our democracy.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechis-utterances-treasonable-says-presidency/194616/
he said if PDP rigs to win not if they loose.... Sai abi okupe and his boys wey brag about their pedigree no understand English again.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by tbaba1234: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
standupguy:

Dumb Bleep, Asari holds no.political office neither has he ever asked for votes from electrorates.

Asari's comments were worse than this.

He does not have to hold political office to be guilty of treason.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Highly treasonable and shouldn't be taken lightly like the last time Buhari said something like this and the Boko boys were unleashed on us. In fact Amaechi should be arrested for such irresponsible statements.
why has the government refused to take Buhari to court if they feel he has a hand in boko. It would make all this easier.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by olatiler(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
stopdat:
He said if the elections are rigged. Why is Okupe afraid? Is the PDP planning to rig d elections?
Seconded
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by omenka(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
I really don't understand the fuss over this statement. It is just like someone running to the police to complain that I threatened to beat the crap out of him if he steals my money. It wouldn't mean anything to you if you aren't PLANNING to steal my money!!

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by kasiem(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
amaechi just needs a president in d mould of fayose or wike
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Equado:
exactly my point...politicians shud exercise GREAT caution wen speaking....rmember 2011...Buhari made a comment and many people died as a result
people have been dieing before he made the comment.... Boko had been striking before he made any comment
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Bolade005: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
cirmuell:
And who is Asari Dokubo undecided this is a sitting governor we are talking about. People should not let sentiments cloud their sense of judgement.
Shut up your mouth there, what do you mean by who is Asari Dokubo?, Asari is a millitant who can gather thousands other millitants and create problem for the whole country.

Who should be taken seriously, Dokubo a millitant or Amaechi, a common civilian who rely on Police and Soldiers which GEJ is the grand commander?

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Bolade005: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
omenka:
I really don't understand the fuss over this statement. It is just like someone running to the police to complain that I threatened to beat the crap out of him if he steals my money. It wouldn't mean anything to you if you aren't PLANNING to steal!!
Exactly
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by PEREP: 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
stopdat:

If he is capable of determining whether an election has been rigged or not, then why the need for Election Tribunal and the courts?

If he wins and PDP says election was rigged and as such form a parallel government, what will happen?

Unfortunately, these are the guys seen to be progressive by the new crop of young Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by olatiler(m): 2:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin
Thanks for remember all this ppl of 0.0 Zero point Zero brainless

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by adanny01(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Ayed44:
forming a parallel government is a treason.

Exactly. True. Very correct on that.

But 'if election is rigged, we will form a parallel government' is not a treasonable offence.

Infact, nothing he said is an offence. If it were, they would have made a move on him by now.

The word 'forming' means present continous while if puts the whole sentence in future.

Can you arrest someone for future treason?

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by DIVFAVOR(m): 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
Omooba77:
Presidency Thursday declared the utterances of the Rivers state governor, Chibuike Amaechi, that should the All Progressive Congress (APC) lose the 2015 general election, the party would resort to civil disobedience as incitement, treason and gross rascality.Addressing news men on the outcome on the APC Salvation Rally, the Senior Special Assistant to President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, said, "Mr. Amaechi who became Governor of Rivers State in 2007 consequent upon a court judgment, said at a street rally organized by the All Progressive Congress that if the 2015 elections are [b[b]]‘rigged’[color=#990000][/color],[/b] his party will not seek redress in court but would rather carry out what he called ‘civil disobedience’ as well as form a parallel government[/b]”.

According to the President's aide, "This statement is clearly a further evidence of Governor Amaechi’s penchant for lawlessness and anarchy in his unbridled pursuit for power. It is curious and unthinkable that a man who was himself a beneficiary of the court process would disdain the very platform through which he acquired the opportunity to make his reckless and provocative statement.

"It is even more worrisome when one considers the fact that Governor Amaechi’s party, which is relatively new, came on board promising hope to Nigerians. With statements like this it is clear that Amaechi is more of a liability to his party than an asset and has the potential to bring his party to further opprobrium and disrepute. For someone who aspires to become the Vice President of this country, his disdain for law and order is not only unfortunate but also patently dangerous and sends dark signals about the survival of our democracy.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/amaechis-utterances-treasonable-says-presidency/194616/

This Okupe of a person is just a mad man, Amaechi Said if the election is rigged, so why crying out now, unless you have already finalized all plans to RIG the so called election.

I just they laff in Kenya language............ grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dee60: 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
stopdat:

A bi o!

Anyway, I have learnt not to listen to that fellow when he speaks. He hardly ever makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by grandstar(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
Jonathan has persistently shown his sincerity towards free and fair elections whether its in Ekiti or Osun state where any right thinking person knew the popular candidate won. He has also spent insane amounts on INEC. Amaechi should pls draw a line.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by IYANGBALI: 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
micolaj:
AMAECHI AND THE PRESIDENCY (PART 2)
na season 2 o,the film go baaaaaaaaaaaad
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
omenka:
I really don't understand the fuss over this statement. It is just like someone running to the police to complain that I threatened to beat the crap out of him if he steals my money. It wouldn't mean anything to you if you aren't PLANNING to steal!!
only the intelligent minds see that deeply. Isn't the plans of PDP obvious.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by adanny01(m): 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
grandstar:
Jonathan has persistently shown his sincerity towards free and fair elections whether its in Ekiti or Osun state where any right thinking person knew the popular candidate won. He has also spent insane amounts on INEC. Amaechi should pls draw a line.

The sudden disappearance or large numbers of permanent voters cards raises eyebrows and is a thing of concern.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by jerryjere(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Amaechi is on point!

I am Strongly For Rig and Roast!

Jonathan and shepopo must be swept away next year! Nigeria must rise again.
shut your bloody mouth and rethink again.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by IYANGBALI: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
DIVFAVOR:

This Okupe of a person is just a mad man, Amaechi Said if the election is rigged, so why crying out now, unless you have already finalized all plans to RIG the so called election.

I just they laff in Kenya language............ grin grin cheesy cheesy
if erec-tion is not rigid it will not enter
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by fkaz(m): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
There will be too many war lord who will want to control their ethnic group, If nigeria collapse in 2015, we need free and fair election to avoid this.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Ayus34(m): 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
Equado:
r yhu a literate or an illiterate...d man called ameachi jst threatened nigeria's sovereignty and you're talking thrash...no matter his premise...he shoudnt threaten the sovereignty of this nation...Jonathan jst 2 gentle...I know many presidents that lock dis fool{amaechi} 4 a long long tym#treason
shema instructed his supporters to kill opposition like 2days ago and the president said nothing about it .....but amaechi seems to be the scapegoat because he is in the opposition.
Nigeria is really a jungle fill of hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
PEREP:

If he is capable of determining whether an election has been rigged or not, then why the need for Election Tribunal and the courts?

If he wins and PDP says election was rigged and as such form a parallel government, what will happen?

Unfortunately, these are the guys seen to be progressive by the new crop of young Nigerians.

it is not the party to decide if the election was rigged.we all know how long it takes the judiciary to settle election cases in nigeria even when there are proofs.... I guess that's where ameachi is going Don't try to twist the whole thing. Before one can conclude there must be proofs... It's quite simple.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by UnimkeAk(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
Me I no it carry any politician matter for my head..
Make him cancel his civil disobedience dream

The Rivers state governor talks carelessly, he is not a leader at all and a liability to the APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Checkout This Hilarious Caption That Accompanies This Photo Of Buhari & Atiku / Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Diya's Son, Babatunde Oyetola Weds Busola Adesunmbo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.