Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe (39303 Views)

''PDP May Soon Die'' Says Doyin Okupe / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by kareemabidemi10(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Declaro kip talking as if you've not heard so many worst threats coming from Dokubo n Tompolo without any criticism. And pls don't tell me they aren't office holders as Amaechi, we know dis guys as proven Militants who has openly declared that they only surrendered not even up to half of their weapons. Ikp4succes, leave barcanista to continue wit his change of stand to what he initially stood for, as if the situation of dis country is new to him(am refering to his going to court statement and following due process). I just hope berem is taking note of his political tilting lately. As for me, give us credible election(free n fair), and we won't follow the Vice President(Amaechi) declaration.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by darqly(m): 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abraham2013:

Am sure asari dokubo is d governor of ur state or ur LG chairman?

Is it that people who support PDP/GEJ automatically lose the ability to reason overnight? Asari is a criminal so he gets to threaten the country and goes Scot free, but Amaechi is a governor so he should be prosecuted?
Something is dreadfully wrong with you and your ilk.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dannyset:
Declaro kip talking as if you've not heard so many worst threats coming from Dokubo n Tompolo without any criticism. And pls don't tell me they aren't office holders as Amaechi, we know dis guys as proven Militants who has openly declared that they only surrendered not even up to half of their weapons. Ikp4succes, leave barcanista to continue wit his change of stand to what he initially stood for, as if the situation of dis country is new to him(am refering to his going to court statement and following due process). I just hope berem is taking note of his political tilting lately. As for me, give us credible election(free n fair), and we won't follow the Vice President(Amaechi) declaration.
The bold is where I may have problem with you. What is the Change of stance in my position? Have I ever endorsed lawlessness? One of the reason I support Buhari is because of his firm belief for legal process.I have to make something very clear, that I cheer APC does not mean I will endorse every statement of her Chieftains(Even when I was on the other side of the divide, I criticized Jonathan heavily especially his handling of Oduah's case). If you really mean the bold, then it is so unfortunate. Anyway, you are free to make your judgement but my position is very clear.... I will not endorse any act that will lead to chaos and anarchy which the poor masses will be the victims and will lead to a more pathetic situation. I don't have the money to travel abroad as an escape route, even if I am sponsored, what about my family? my friends? my poor kinsmen in the creeks of the Niger Delta? what about poor Nigerians? should we all die because someone rigged election when there are constitutional provided means to resolve it? You should re-read your comment and ask yourself if it makes sense because it is an embarrassment in itself.

cc Omenka caseless egift gbawe ngeneukwenu Pendy79
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by lavivifubs: 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
Simply put: "Amaechi is a disgrace to the people of Rivers State". He needs to be reformed.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by DobleO7: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin

Mister! get your facts right...Asari Dokubo was invited by the SSS for making inciting comments.

SSS Invites Asari Dokubo For Chat
Published on February 6, 2014 by admin

Nigeria’s Niger Delta former militant and leader of Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, Mujahideen Asari-Dokubo, on Thursday voluntarily honoured an invitation by Nigeria’s secret police, the Department of State Security Services.

He was invited to clear the air over the inciting comments he has been making about the 2015 elections.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by kareemabidemi10(m): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
High time the FG dealt with Amaechi ruthlessly. All APC members are barbarians.

APC members are not barbarians but you and your family!
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by kareemabidemi10(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Highly treasonable and shouldn't be taken lightly like the last time Buhari said something like this and the Boko boys were unleashed on us. In fact Amaechi should be arrested for such irresponsible statements.

then u should represent the police. cool
nwafuluozoh:
Highly treasonable and shouldn't be taken lightly like the last time Buhari said something like this and the Boko boys were unleashed on us. In fact Amaechi should be arrested for such irresponsible statements.

then u should represent the police.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by jaytee01(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bernou72:
GEJ has perform well in road construction across length & breath of naija, he met 5,000km & now its 25,000km completed, 10,000km left to complete, how many km did OBJ construct & others, he deserve second term to complete the 8 lane Lagos - Ibadan expressway. Vote GEJ 2015 de best for now.
Please can you list out where these 25,000km of new roads are sited?
Do we any in the South South? If so where is it and how many km?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by darqly(m): 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
DobleO7:

Mister! get your facts right...Asari Dokubo was invited by the SSS.
He was invited to clear the air over the inciting comments he has been making about the 2015 elections.

Good, was Asari arrested or charged with treason?
Why then should Amaechi be charged with treason?
Just invite Amaechi for a 'chat' too, preferably over tea.. grin grin You GEJ apologists don't know when to quit, do you?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by DobleO7: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:

Good, was Asari arrested or charged with treason?
Why then should Amaechi be charged with treason?
Just invite Amaechi for a 'chat' too, preferably over tea.. grin grin You GEJ apologists don't know when to quit, do you?

So who's apologist are you? and was Amaechi arrested?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by nwafuluozoh: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
kareemabidemi10:

then u should represent the police. cool

then u should represent the police.
Lol.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Danabu(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]He said if the election is rigged....... Do you intend to rig?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
The bold is where I may have problem with you. What is the Change of stance in my position? Have I ever endorsed lawlessness? One of the reason I support Buhari is because of his firm belief for legal process.I have to make something very clear, that I cheer APC does not mean I will endorse every statement of her Chieftains(Even when I was on the other side of the divide, I criticized Jonathan heavily especially his handling of Oduah's case). If you really mean the bold, then it is so unfortunate. Anyway, you are free to make your judgement but my position is very clear.... I will not endorse any act that will lead to chaos and anarchy which the poor masses will be the victims and will lead to a more pathetic situation. I don't have the money to travel abroad as an escape route, even if I am sponsored, what about my family? my friends? my poor kinsmen in the creeks of the Niger Delta? what about poor Nigerians? should we all die because someone rigged election when there are constitutional provided means to resolve it? You should re-read your comment and ask yourself if it makes sense because it is an embarrassment in itself.

Well, I done hear u ooo......not because of anything but because of the first statement of ur signature which still establish ur stand that I support. And d second statement of d same signature which I don't support...where's dis "laffs" smiley oo
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by champele40: 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
Amechi is one of those thief that buhari Will spear when he become the president. So he is the reason why I won't vote for buhari.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Abraham2013(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:

Is it that people who support PDP/GEJ automatically lose the ability to reason overnight? Asari is a criminal so he gets to threaten the country and goes Scot free, but Amaechi is a governor so he should be prosecuted?
Something is dreadfully wrong with you and your ilk.
Dis is exactly d way u APC people view tins. Asari dokubo's statement is same tin wit d statement of someone in motor park cos he has nobody's mandate democratically. So I wonder wat u r going to tell d judge wen u finally take him to court. Mayb u will tell d judge dat one guy in d beer parlour is threaten nigeria. However in amachi's case, he has d mandate of a state and his words most time is influential. It was dis kind of statements dat started d genocide in Rwanda. But since u r now saying amachi and asari dokubo r equal, no problem. Make u remember 2day say na u talk am.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by ArcTammy: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
I think dis is democracy and we all have our freedom of speech. Gov Amaechi said that if the PDP rig the election that the APC we operate a parallel government. My advise is that, the PDP should do the needful by allowing justice to prevail. The restoration of Tambuwal security aid as directed by the court. And INEC should be neutral and not controlled by the PDP. Amaechi have spoken well because PDP as a party will not have say that they will pass in the next coming election by all means. And we all know that rigging is their culture of passing election. If they are afraid of what Amaechi said, then the federal government should allow for a free and fair election. period...
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dannyset:

Well, I done hear u ooo......not because of anything but because of the first statement of ur signature which still establish ur stand that I support. And d second statement of d same signature which I don't support...where's dis "laffs" smiley oo
grin grin grin grin

So glad reading this. but both statement of my siggy shall come to pass
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:
grin grin grin grin

So glad reading this. but both statement of my siggy shall come to pass

Its going to be 50/50 sir.....1st statement for us, 2nd statement for null.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Caseless: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
barcanista:

when i saw d post u quoted, i was wondering if our able barcanista ha decamped back to pdp. But having read ur reply, it quenched the thought.
We in apc must not be seen behaving like those in pdp. You dont cure HIV with HIV..
But u must not forget that the only language pdp understand is 'strong language' , ridden with 'inciteful' comments. If they had controlled the likes of asari whose issuing threat is their fascia, i'm sure those charged with activity of pdp and are ready to react anytime wldnt have gone this route tarred with anger like anaechi did.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abraham2013:

Dis is exactly d way u APC people view tins. Asari dokubo's statement is same tin wit d statement of someone in motor park cos he has nobody's mandate democratically. So I wonder wat u r going to tell d judge wen u finally take him to court. Mayb u will tell d judge dat one guy in d beer parlour is threaten nigeria. However in amachi's case, he has d mandate of a state and his words most time is influential. It was dis kind of statements dat started d genocide in Rwanda. But since u r now saying amachi and asari dokubo r equal, no problem. Make u remember 2day say na u talk am.

So Asari is not influential abi? Did u know how many tugs and militants in that guy's control? Bro stop it....those guys can fuel trouble in dis country than anybody u can think of now. After Boko Haram, na those guys ooo. Amaechi statement is bad, but Asari too could be charged for treason considering his weight in dis country.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Truckpusher(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Caseless:
when i saw d post u quoted, i was wondering if our able barcanista ha decamped back to pdp. But having read ur reply, it quenched the thought.
We in apc must not be seen behaving like those in pdp. You dont cure HIV with HIV..
But u must not forget that the only language pdp understand is 'strong language' , ridden with 'inciteful' comments. If they had controlled the likes of asari whose issuing threat is their fascia, i'm sure those charged with activity of pdp and are ready to react anytime wldnt have gone this route tarred with anger like anaechi did.
Keep making excuses for that loud mouthed thief in brick house.Our business with him ends in february after then he has a lot of explanation to do.

He must tell us how he spent 1.2 billion Naira on his political ebola and how he spent more than 50 billion Naira on a monorail that can only run and cover a distance where Taxis charge commuters for 20 Naira.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
Caseless:

Abeg na me like dis post for up there.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by liyalla(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
If amarachi was my dad I would dis-father him. If my teacher, then I stand to lose nothing being uneducated. If my governor, then I ain't an indigen. If my president, then we are all deff. Most careless talker governor of life. I am ashamed of you sir.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by major466(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
darqly:
If I recall, a certain Asari Dokubo, an ex-militant, threatened Nigeria with war if GEJ doesn't win elections come 2015.
I also recall NOBODY called for his arrest or ascribed his threats as treason till date. Doyin Okupe and his master apparently suffer from Selective Amnesia grin
One thing you must understand is this, Asari Dokubo was a former militant. He fought in the creeks before accepting Amnesty. If he makes a comment about war in Nigeria if Goodluck is not elected (condemnable comment) no one will be suprise. Why? That's who he was before, a former militant.
However Rotimi Amaechi who happens to be a political office holder in the position of a serving Governor of a State, elected by the people and is regarded as the Chief Security Officer of his state and should know better about law and order comes out and make a reckless comment about civil disobedience and causing anarchy in Nigeria if they didn't win election is an act of Treason by virtue of his position. How can a public official in the position of a Governor call for the boycott of the courts and suggest the use of violence as a means to settle election disputes? This is the highest form of Rascality and a big disrespect to the ideals of democracy.
Rotimi Ameachi is a lost cause.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dannyset:

So Asari is not influential abi? Did u know how many tugs and militants in that guy's control? Bro stop it....those guys can fuel trouble in dis country than anybody u can think of now. After Boko Haram, na those guys ooo. Amaechi statement is bad, but Asari too could be charged for treason considering his weight in dis country.
Bros the truth is both of them should be chided for making such statements. If you recall in 2011 a certain PDP Chieftain Alhaji Lawal Kaita promised to make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan win. After the election what happened??violence... So many youths died, youths that neither voted nor rigged election. They died the most painful death. Politicians continue to make such statement, then we are inviting anarchy and it will be the masses(Myself included) that will suffer

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by tit(f): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
this doyin is eating too much amala in asshole rock!
i too have formed parallel government with a few other women in the mammy market here.
as na me bring the idea, i hope the appoint me shadow jonathan president.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by major466(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dannyset:

There's no comparison between a former militant who takes to crime on his own without any regards to the Constitution, and a Governor, elected and sworn in by constituted authority (Chief Judge) to serve and uphold the the constitution.
Am sure you have witnessed Swearing ins of Governors in the past. Didn't you see them placing their hands on the Bible or the Koran as they make the solemn pledge to obey and uphold the constitution. Will you compare a former militant with a constituted authority?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
major466:

There's no comparison between a former militant who takes to crime on his own without any regards to the Constitution, and a Governor, elected and sworn in by constituted authority (Chief Judge) to serve and uphold the the constitution.
Am sure you have witnessed Swearing ins of Governors in the past. Didn't you see them placing their hands on the Bible or the Koran as they make the solemn pledge to obey and uphold the constitution. Will you compare a former militant with a constituted authority?

Constitutionally, yes I agreed with u.....but u want to tell me that Asari comment too should be swept under carpet, knowing what he's capable of doing? Nooooo......his stand is weighty, and should be treated d same way with Amaechi's. According to mr barcanista, we don't want that kind of statement from Amaechi(our VP) at dis critical time, but we shld not also be sentimental. We know what dis guys can do. We've seen dem do it before.
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by BeauHomme: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
All these NLers comparing Amaechi with Asari Dokubo and Tompolo, I tire 4 una oo
How do you use previous careless utterances of ex-militants(murderers,kidnappers,thieves,etc) to justify d utterance of a sitting governor? Haba!!! How do u folks reason sef
Amaechi is a public office holder and should know better. But I'm afraid I may be wrong. Maybe d comparisms are perfectly in order...Birds of a kind

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by Dannyset(m): 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
tit:
this doyin is eating too much amala in asshole rock!
i too have formed parallel government with a few other women in the mammy market here.
as na me bring the idea, i hope the appoint me shadow jonathan president.

Lol....so na from mammy u dey pull all dis ur stunts from since all dis days? If GEJ vex, ur 19.8k don stop be that ooo. Abi na army barack own u dey talk?
Re: Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe by vikyno(m): 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
arresa:

Not while they are bought, paid for and willing tools of the same FG and despotic president destabilizing the country and bastardizing our government institutions..

Civil disobedience liberated a lot of societies all over the world and even in America today, black people have rights because they fought for it via demonstrations and civil disobedience.

Btw, you are wrong. Nigeria is a mess today because the average Nigerian is very docile and submissive, they take whatever insult and abuse dished by the government without saying a word, they even blame themselves for abusive and corrupt government ways.

We are not ready in Nigeria to fight for our rights and till then, corruption continues, brutality continues, impunity continues, incompetence continues....

I will be happy to see you take the lead.
#MartinLutherKing of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Chilling With Obasanjo In London / Okorocha At Asumpta Catholic, Gave His Life To Christ,Promises To Change His Way / Cattle Rustlers Killed By Troops In Zamfara (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.