Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! (73981 Views)

Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / How Can One Grow Facial Hair Rapidly? / Top Black Hair Salons In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by oge4real(f): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Jellybean,
Nice bra lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Sissy3(f): 4:24am On Mar 07, 2010
oge4real:

@Jellybean,

close your eyes, who told you to look at side grin grin grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 07, 2010
oge4real:

@Jellybean,

Tank you jarre, although you were suppose to pay attention to the Hair. grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 07, 2010
~Sissy~:

close your eyes, who told you to look at side grin grin grin

I too like your answer grin grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by oge4real(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
Make una leave me o. I have freedom of looking grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 08, 2010
oge4real:

Make una leave me o. I have freedom of looking grin grin grin grin

Ye ye, why u no look the wall, floor or even the most distracting thing in the picture! grin grin
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
jelly that is some beautiful natural hair there smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by nike4luv(f): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2010
if this is going to work, im guessing one has to stick to 1 particular hair care product. which would you recommend? olive oil?! plus, can you put un-relaxed hair into rollers?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Glorya(f): 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Thanks ubia for the info.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ubiaa5(f): 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
nike4luv:

if this is going to work, im guessing one has to stick to 1 particular hair care product. which would you recommend? olive oil?! plus, can you put un-relaxed hair into rollers?
in my opinion i dont really think u must stick to a particular product,sometimes a particular product might work for a while and do nothing after a period of time, everything is trial and error until u find what works.Never seen rollers being used on natural hair,but then again i have relaxed hair so dont know 4 sure.
Glorya:

Thanks ubia for the info.
ur welcome.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by gianni(f): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2010
hello people!
thanks for the ideas.
had locks for like three years but cut them off 2months ago.now my hair is weak and thinning at the temple.
my stylist has placed me on some kind of treatment that i'm supposed to follow through for like three months (meaning no weave,no braids and co).it includes scalp-scrub (every two weeks),hair-mayo,carrot oil,fertilizer and co all from organic root stimulator.i hope these products works.
my hair is jet-black.all it needs is body and strength.
@jelly-bean.nice hair, envy you wink
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by goldilocks(f): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2010
jellybean your hair looks edible omg how long did it take to get to that length. am currently transitioning. she is really your pride and joy
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2010
goldilocks:

jellybean your hair looks edible omg how long did it take to get to that length. am currently transitioning. she is really your pride and joy

Awwww whyyyy,thanks babe. smiley
It took me 2years to grow it with the help of constant braiding.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by WAVixen: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2010
I and my sister took my mum's hair, little and weak temple hair. The rest of the hair is healthy when treated properly. Most certainly agree that when your original locks are given attention they look and feel nice. Braiding I love, but after a few days, because of the weakness of the front hair and weight of the extentions, my hair falls off with the extention causing a mama iyabo look who just joined the witchcraft coven!
Tried Dr miracles temple balm,but no luck.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hi all, this is a really encouraging thread. I want to begin Riskie's hair program cheesy but what I want to know is this, I swim about 3 times a week and because of that I plaited my hair i.e. cornrows. Can I keep up the hair program with this? Suggestions? Advice?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ubiaa5(f): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
Ejadamen:

Hi all, this is a really encouraging thread. I want to begin Riskie's hair program cheesy but what I want to know is this, I swim about 3 times a week and because of that I plaited my hair i.e. cornrows. Can I keep up the hair program with this? Suggestions? Advice?
you can get on the program,the trick to fast and healthy hair growth is to wash,condition and moisturise even if your hair is plaited,in weaves or whatever,since u swim you have to rinse the chlorine out of your hair as soon as you get out of the pool and moisturise daily,you could use braid spray on your cornrows to moisturise.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2010
ubiaa5:

you can get on the program,the trick to fast and healthy hair growth is to wash,condition and moisturise even if your hair is plaited,in weaves or whatever,since u swim you have to rinse the chlorine out of your hair as soon as you get out of the pool and moisturise daily,you could use braid spray on your cornrows to moisturise.
Thanks so much for the reply. Now I must confess that before I saw your reply I succumbed and fixed a weave for a bash on sunday cry It's a funky afro looking weave though cheesy now I still swim with it but cannot imagine washing,conditioning and moisturising it though shocked,am I really supposed to? I will revert to growing my natural hair after this.

Also I don't understand when you guys say moisturise your hair with a lotion and seal with oil. What do you moisturise the hair with apart from hair cream?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Liss: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2010

Hmmm, abeg how do you wash, moisturise and condition is in weaves? And what do you use to achieve this?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by bluespice(f): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2010
Ejadamen:

Thanks so much for the reply. Now I must confess that before I saw your reply I succumbed and fixed a weave for a bash on sunday cry It's a funky afro looking weave though cheesy now I still swim with it but cannot imagine washing,conditioning and moisturising it though shocked,am I really supposed to? I will revert to growing my natural hair after this.

Also I don't understand when you guys say moisturise your hair with a lotion and seal with oil. What do you moisturise the hair with apart from hair cream?
many of the hair 'creams' are petroleum based so u have to find one that's not got any petroleum.
Many people moisturise with different things - while some use a simple mixture of honey and water in a spray bottle as their daily moisturiser, others use a mixture of other home made things, others yet again prefer the ease of using pre-prepared moisturising sprays available in any drug store. The key is to find what provides moisture to your hair without weighing it down (something a lot of creams do)
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ubiaa5(f): 1:37am On Mar 28, 2010
Liss:

Hmmm, abeg how do you wash, moisturise and condition is in weaves? And what do you use to achieve this?
i am not talking of washing ur weave nessesarily although u cant avoid it,i mean wash your scalp and hair under the weave.in order not to get ur weave tangle especially if u have long straight ones, put it in big braids so you can reach your scalp easily then air dry or blow dry and moisturise ur hair not weave.
Ejadamen:

i prefer hair lotions to creams as most creams contain petroleom which locks out moisture ond weighs your hair down,whatever you use make sure the first ingredient is water and none of the ingredients is petroleum,lanolin,petrolatum or mineral oil.so moisturise with a moisturising lotion and seal with oil preferably natural ones like coconut,olive oil,shear butter etc.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Liss: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2010

i am not talking of washing your weave nessesarily although u cant avoid it,i mean wash your scalp and hair under the weave.in order not to get your weave tangle especially if u have long straight ones, put it in big braids so you can reach your scalp easily then air dry or blow dry and moisturise your hair not weave.i prefer hair lotions to creams as most creams contain petroleom which locks out moisture ond weighs your hair down,whatever you use make sure the first ingredient is water and none of the ingredients is petroleum,lanolin,petrolatum or mineral oil.so moisturise with a moisturising lotion and seal with oil preferably natural ones like coconut,olive oil,shear butter etc.

@Ubiaa5,
I quite understand that it is the hair not the weave that should be moisturised which why I want to know how you moisturise the air beneath the weave and with what it should be moisturised with. I also understand it should be done daily, right?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by ubiaa5(f): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2010
Liss:

@Ubiaa5,
I quite understand that it is the hair not the weave that should be moisturised which why I want to know how you moisturise the air beneath the weave and with what it should be moisturised with. I also understand it should be done daily, right?
yes it should be done daily, but lightly in order not to cause too much build up,since u cant wash too frequently.african pride has a good oil moisturising braid spray,that is not messy cause all you do is spray and massage lightly.or u can use your regular moisturiser by rubbing little amounts on the tip of your fingers and massaging into your hair.Just try this and see how soft and pliable your hair will be when you take the weave out,you will notice less breakage and tangles.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2010
@ bluespice and ubiaa5, thanks. I don't know how I can wash my hair with the weave on but since it's coming off soon,I'll wait and begin nuturing my hair. Neglected it for too long cry
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by bluespice(f): 1:34am On Mar 31, 2010
u wash it like any other but concentrate on the roots of your hair washing with your finger tips.
you should then move on to washing the actual weave take care not to scrunch it up but use your palm to rub lightly over it.
Condition as usual, careful not to scrunch your hair up as this can lead to tangling
When rinsing, let the water carry all the debris from your hair and the weave alike - let water run through your hair for as long as possible.
when done, let it drip dry (or wrap in a towel) and when it's no longer dripping, you can then use very low heat or absolutely no heat on your dryer - depending on the type of weave you have (synthetic or human hair) to dry it off (remember to check the hair beneath the weave for total dryness, stinky hair is not ever cute).
Oil as usual (never forget your hair beneath the weave,) and use a large toothed comb to run through the weave, and if you're finicky about the comb, finger combing works well for curly weaves or you could blow dry (with heat) the hair if it's human hair to give you a slinky shiny mane.

i sound like em boring hair magazines
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
Not at all Blue cheesy It maketh sense. My weave is coming off this week then I shall pamper my hair. Been going through www.hairlista.com and I am amazed at all the things that need to be done to the hair. A lot of Nigerian women have it wrong. In fact if your hair is not fixed with a weave or in braids or ghana woven then the hair isn't it. Well I am tired of spending huge amounts to cover my hair. I want healthy hair. My programme begins this weekend wink
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by bluespice(f): 1:15pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ejadamen:

Not at all Blue cheesy It maketh sense. My weave is coming off this week then I shall pamper my hair. Been going through www.hairlista.com and I am amazed at all the things that need to be done to the hair. A lot of Nigerian women have it wrong. In fact if your hair is not fixed with a weave or in braids or ghana woven then the hair isn't it. Well I am tired of spending huge amounts to cover my hair. I want healthy hair. My programme begins this weekend wink
hairlista is a beautiful blog
my daily staple for natural hairstyles is always lecoil.tumblr.com
the pictures are seemingly endless, natural hair is sooo versatile, i wouldn't switch back voluntarily smiley

today i took out my two strand twists, fluffed them a bit to get more volume then sealed the tips with my mix of pure shea butter and organic root stimulator olive oil cream kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Liss: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2010

hairlista is a beautiful blog
my daily staple for natural hairstyles is always lecoil.tumblr.com
the pictures are seemingly endless, natural hair is sooo versatile, i wouldn't switch back voluntarily smiley

today i took out my two strand twists, fluffed them a bit to get more volume then sealed the tips with my mix of pure shea butter and organic root stimulator olive oil cream kiss kiss kiss kiss

Does this mean your hair is natural?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by steaming(f): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2010
i am currently transitioning to naturals, but i noticed that my natural baby hair coming up is not black. pls is there anything i cud do to help darken it? i want jet black hair!!!!!!! sad
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by bluespice(f): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2010
Liss:

Does this mean your hair is natural?
absolutely!
steaming:

i am currently transitioning to naturals, but i noticed that my natural baby hair coming up is not black. pls is there anything i cud do to help darken it? i want jet black hair!!!!!!! sad

before you started relaxing your hair, was your natural hair black?
and naturally, hair is never jet black - if you're conversant with weave colors, it's more of a 2b.

If all else fails, you could always dye it wink
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Ejadamen(f): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2010
bluespice:

absolutely!
cry cry I was all set to transition,then people around me started hollering. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to transition or BC my hair. So now I'm focused on pampering my hair and relaxing just 4 times a year. I saw a lady on hairlista with mid back length relaxed hair shocked I shall get there.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by shilling(f): 6:37am On Apr 09, 2010
jellybean:

It took me 2years to grow it with the help of co[b]nstant braiding[/b].

Oh my gosh, your hair is AMAZING. More info on your hair routine please. I use a relaxer on my hair about twice a year, and it's still very thick and black, but not as gorgeous as yours though.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by oyinda3(f): 5:41am On Apr 10, 2010
jellybean,

what kind of braids do you get? extension braids? or with your natural hair?
how long do you keep it on and how do you moisturize your hair with the braids?

do you get split ends?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lady Wears 2 Different Shoes To A Shopping Mall (Photo) / Sere Wins Ugliest Man In Zimbabwe 2015 Beauty Pageant Show (PICS) / The Haircut I Ordered Vs The Haircut I Got (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.