Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! - Fashion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! (74025 Views)

Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / How Can One Grow Facial Hair Rapidly? / Top Black Hair Salons In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by BashiruBraima(f): 12:15am On Mar 04, 2012
I like my natural ladies !!!
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by InkedNerd(f): 1:20am On Mar 04, 2012
BashiruBraima:

I like my natural ladies !!!

I like my natural sistas too!
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by TheBBF(f): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2012
maryini: Ladies, what do I do to thining crown hair to make it grow, I am in my very early twenties and should not be suffering from baldness now.

This problem started when I used an organic root stimulator relaxer that came with a dye shampoo, before i could say Jack Robinson all d hair in the middle of my head fell off, I gathered up courage and shaved all of it off to start growing from scratch. Its now getting to a year and the hair at the middle is still not growing! Please help! *Sobs* My hair is makin me ashamed,

Have you tried jamaican black castor oil? This stuff is amazing for hair growth. just google it with black hair care, the reviews are all positive. I myself use it as a growth aid, and it makes my hair grow so quickly. If you are in the UK or US it should be relatively easy to find. If you are based in Nigeria, send me an email so I can tell you where to get some! smiley
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by jovi: 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2012
abeg>>>>i need links on how to get the jamaican black castor oil. whats your email marilin?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by bellacoconut: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
I also need the Jamaican Black Castor oil were can i get it ??
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Akpunwa(f): 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
Hair we go!
Lovely thread.
Thanks to all active posters...Jellybean & the rest. But jellyb why did u cut that healthy yummy long hair? The first cut was still looking nice till you chopped almost everything #SOBS# Lol. Hope u grow it back sha.

pls ladies what is this pink oil marketed in Naija used for? Does anyone use it? Any benefits? If any what are they?
Love u all.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Zedrocker(f): 1:50am On Apr 10, 2012
Plss i rili do nd help wit ma hair, hv bn growin it 4 a while, i usd to be able to show it, nw am jus plain embarsd even wen i go to d salön, in skl i comb ma 'hair' in d bathrm so ma room mates wnt c wat a mes ma hair is (its dat bad) its spongy hard, brown, falls off and its cut off in frönt, am afraid to cut it cus i tink it wnt grw bck nd probably dat ma head wud have a funi shape even if i wrap ma head wit a scarf. Do i cut it off and start again? And wat relaxer do u recmnd, hv trid almst al but it dsnt wrk. *dnt wear weaves anymr*
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
maryini: Ladies, what do I do to thining crown hair to make it grow, I am in my very early twenties and should not be suffering from baldness now.

This problem started when I used an organic root stimulator relaxer that came with a dye shampoo, before i could say Jack Robinson all d hair in the middle of my head fell off, I gathered up courage and shaved all of it off to start growing from scratch. Its now getting to a year and the hair at the middle is still not growing! Please help! *Sobs*

Try scrubbing that part with a scrub, at times your hair follicles could be clogged up. And do massage to increase blood circulation to that area, apply castor oil and massage each time you apply it. Try the GHE method. I am sure it would have been discussed on this thread.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Zed_rocker: Plss i rili do nd help wit ma hair, hv bn growin it 4 a while, i usd to be able to show it, nw am jus plain embarsd even wen i go to d salön, in skl i comb ma 'hair' in d bathrm so ma room mates wnt c wat a mes ma hair is (its dat bad) its spongy hard, brown, falls off and its cut off in frönt, am afraid to cut it cus i tink it wnt grw bck nd probably dat ma head wud have a funi shape even if i wrap ma head wit a scarf. Do i cut it off and start again? And wat relaxer do u recmnd, hv trid almst al but it dsnt wrk. *dnt wear weaves anymr*

When next you want to wash your hair, do a black tea rinse, or coffee rinse. Black tea is more popular. Before you wash your hair, boil water and get a bowl, pour the water in it, then put some bags of lipton tea in the hot water and leave to cool.
-Go wash your hair, rinse and condition it, rinse of the conditioner after some minutes.
-Get your bowl of black tea and pour on your hair, distribute evenly, especially around your scalp and massage well.
-Squeeze out the excess and wear your shower cap or a plastic bag and wrap your towel around it, let it stay for 20-30 minutes or longer.
-Before rinsing apply deep conditioner on the rinse, massage for some minutes and wash off.
The purpose of this is to combat shedding, as the caffeine in coffee and tea blocks the hormones that causes shedding, this works instantly.

You should apply castor oil on your scalp and edges and please take a break from braids and weaves, trust me black hair wants to be left alone and relax once or twice a year. Get a good trim, you dont have to cut ur whole hair. Ever wonder why black people on dreadlocks have mighty long and thick hair, they dont do anything to their hair that creates tension in their scalp, the hair just grows and grows and grows to crazy inches.
I am starting a new hair journey and i have done researches on what to make my hair a success. I am a little over 18'' long, i am relaxed but my ends are dry with lots of splits, and i have shed a lot of hair, so my hair is now scanty. I am looking to transition gradually by snipping off my hair every now and then, till i grow out my relaxer, i camt imagin cutting all of my hair, i cant.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
If you want your hair to grow, don't put anything in it

Not even hair grease...clogs the scalp pores

I go dayz without even combing mah hair.

Neglect=Maximum Growth.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Zed_rocker: Plss i rili do nd help wit ma hair, hv bn growin it 4 a while, i usd to be able to show it, nw am jus plain embarsd even wen i go to d salön, in skl i comb ma 'hair' in d bathrm so ma room mates wnt c wat a mes ma hair is (its dat bad) its spongy hard, brown, falls off and its cut off in frönt, am afraid to cut it cus i tink it wnt grw bck nd probably dat ma head wud have a funi shape even if i wrap ma head wit a scarf. Do i cut it off and start again? And wat relaxer do u recmnd, hv trid almst al but it dsnt wrk. *dnt wear weaves anymr*
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2012
Zed_rocker:

Plss i rili do nd help wit ma hair, hv bn growin it 4 a while, i usd to be able to show it, nw am jus plain embarsd even wen i go to d salön, in skl i comb ma 'hair' in d bathrm so ma room mates wnt c wat a mes ma hair is (its dat bad) its spongy hard, brown, falls off and its cut off in frönt, am afraid to cut it cus i tink it wnt grw bck nd probably dat ma head wud have a funi shape even if i wrap ma head wit a scarf. Do i cut it off and start again? And wat relaxer do u recmnd, hv trid almst al but it dsnt wrk. *dnt wear weaves anymr*
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Royal~:
If you want your hair to grow, don't put anything in it

Not even hair grease...clogs the scalp pores

I go dayz without even combing mah hair.

Neglect=Maximum Growth.

Royal to be truthful, this is the route i took with my hair out of laziness, i had maximum growth but the dryness of my scalp caused serious shedding, i'm suffering it now.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
Yeah just cut that shid off, it's ova babii

She said that shid spongy hard and brown uhgg lol
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
See my scalp is never dry because i always have something on my head....

Like in the house it's always covered with some sort of net or durag or something...

Outside i always wear hats

So mah roots always stay moist.

I neglect the hell out of my hair, and it grows like crazy.

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
I think for woman, the challenges might be more difficult because society expects them to have properly styled hair upon every public appearance

Personally i just throw a ball cap on the top of my head and walk outside like a hairy untamed shaggy savage.

Ill do this for about a week without even putting a comb to my hair.

Unless one is a Lesbian, or really secure in herself...many females can't really get away with that.

Too much washing damages hair too...Water Damage. Their are chemicals in our water.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
~Royal~:
See my scalp is never dry because i always have something on my head....

Like in the house it's always covered with some sort of net or durag or something...

Outside i always wear hats

So mah roots always stay moist.

I neglect the hell out of my hair, and it grows like crazy.

Yes Royal, this is where the GHE method comes in, with this method, the natural sebum from your scalp moisturises your hair, and the heat increases hair growth, so that you dont need to moisturise at all. But i still intend to try and see the benefits of castor oil for the scalp cos i learnt it circulates blood flow to the area its applied to and that is what your scalp needs for growth.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Xtreme

I never have good luck using foreign substance on my hair...because tha texture of my hair is too thick

I remember using leave in conditioner and it held my hair in clunks.

I don't even bother adding anything to my hair anymore.

My hair texture is soooo thick....I love having really thick hair...

It seems all the dudes i went to school with are going bald and have receding hairlines

I can only look at the obvious fact they all brush their hair to death and constantly irritate the top of the scalp

Neglect is the Key, LmL

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Manushi Chhillar, Miss India Wins Miss World 2017 (Photos) / Sere Wins Ugliest Man In Zimbabwe 2015 Beauty Pageant Show (PICS) / The Haircut I Ordered Vs The Haircut I Got (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.