Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! (73980 Views)

Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / How Can One Grow Facial Hair Rapidly? / Top Black Hair Salons In London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2012
Lmao!

What do you mean by high saditty?

I am not stereotyping. Just saying typical of royal. tongue
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2012
Future Neurosurgeon/Neurologist In here....Oh you want them Gucci Bags in Inspired Picture?

I gotchu Babii ..

Lmfaooooooooo
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2012
kandiikane: Lmao!

What do you mean by high saditty?

Lmfao......
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2012
~Royal~:
Future Neurosurgeon/Neurologist In here....Oh you want them Gucci Bags in Inspired Picture?

I gotchu Babii ..

Lmfaooooooooo

Lool, don't worry. Future criminal lawyer here. Will be keeping you away from jail. tongue
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Im just saying You are real High Maintenance

I love that about you.....You dislike such Common Ghetto Infantile trash....

You carry yourself like a Black Queen, Above and Beyond tha Average Woman....

And you Know what...I like that... tongue

Feminine Arrogance....Beautiful....

Im going to Sleep Now....

Im gon come across this Water and See you One Day....

{{{{Mwuaahhzzz}}}}

2 Likes

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2012
kandiikane:

Lool, don't worry. Future criminal lawyer here. Will be keeping you away from jail. tongue

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~!!! Stay Stereotyping..lmfaoo I love you GoodNight.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by kandiikane(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2012
Lol.

Alright night.

But tbh, I am not a snobby person. A lot of people say that before they get to know me. Even just by appearance alone.

I am very down to earth, I can tolerate many things.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 10:54am On Jul 11, 2012
Kandii, Royal and Ileke-Idi, *rolls eyes* how ya'll gon' derail a thread. Please back to the topic at hand.
But Royal is so hilarious, lols
Ileke-Idi, that hair of yours is hawt.... Pictures like yours inspire me to go on my transitioning journey.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
XtremeBase: Kandii, Royal and Ileke-Idi, *rolls eyes* how ya'll gon' derail a thread. Please back to the topic at hand.
But Royal is so hilarious, lols
Ileke-Idi, that hair of yours is hawt.... Pictures like yours inspire me to go on my transitioning journey.
awww, thank you lol

If you decide to go natural, I'll be here to guide you through grin

Royal is a clown lol
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by XtremeBase(f): 6:05am On Jul 12, 2012
Thanks dear, it's a new terrain for me, but i know its the way to go. Il luk you up on tips, thanks a bunch.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by natashakemp: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
I was wondering what products/ingredients did you use for the hot oil treatment?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by HealthyHair: 10:19pm On May 14, 2013
We are doing a clearance sale on our 100% herbal/ Ayurvedic hair loss and hair re-growth products and cosmetics.
All our products are directly sourced from renowned manufacturers in India. They are not mass produced for the Nigerian market and so you are rest assured of both its quality and efficacy. Enjoy up to 40% discount on all products with full efficacy guarantee. RESULTS BEYOND YOUR EXPECTATIONS GUARANTEED!

1.)PRODUCT NAME: HERBOWASH AYURVEDIC HAIR CLEANSER
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- 2-in-1 mild Sulphate free herbal shampoo. Serves both as a shampoo and as a conditioner

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

CLEARANCE PRICE
(Qty x Price) DISCOUNT (%)

1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

2.)PRODUCT NAME:- HAIR-UP ROOT ACTIVATOR OIL

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Highly effective hair growth tonic. A blend of 100% natural ancient herbs. It penetrates the scalp and strengthens the hair at the roots. Ideal solution to hair loss problems and itchy scalp. Makes hair thick, strong & lustrous. Suitable for all hair types.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1200

CLEARANCE PRICE DISCOUNT (%)
(Qty x Price)
1 x N960 20%
2 x N900 25%
3 x N840 30%
5 & Above x N720 40%

3.)PRODUCT NAME:- NATURAL HENNA

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mixture of rare Indian herbs in powder form; Henna, Amla, Bhringraj, Jatamansi etc. Ideal for deep conditioning, hair volume enhancer/hair thickener, hair growth booster and for natural hair colouring.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

(Qty x Price)
1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

4.)PRODUCT NAME:- CLEAN-UP ANTI ACNE AND SPOT REMOVER

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mild treatment for pimples, acne, blemishes, dark patches, sun burns etc. It tones and revitalizes the skin and also enhances skin fairness in a natural way. Clean- Up also removes dark spots and heals scars effectively.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1500

(Qty x Price)
1 x N1200 20%
2 x N1125 25%
3 x N1050 30%
5 & Above N900 40%

View pictures of all our products on www.herbalhairgrowth.com.ng

To get yours, you can come over to our location at # 38 Osho Drive Olodi-Apapa, Lagos. If you prefer for us to deliver directly to you anywhere in Nigeria, simply call 08023871004 or email us at to make your order.
DISCOUNT LASTS ONLY WHILE STOCK LASTS, SO CALL NOW!

CONTACT DETAILS:
Herbal Hair Growth Nigeria
Address: # 38 Osho Drive Olodi Apapa, Lagos.
Email: info@herbalhairgrowth.com.ng
Tel: 08023871004

Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by maureena(f): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
for those who are transitioning to natural hair, you need not to worry yourself again. you can get you natural hair product on www.sizelle.com and www.olori.com. They do online purchase and will be delivered at your door post.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Mprex(f): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Pls can you explain the hot oil process extensively.
Riskie:
I've noticed on the fashion board that there has been an on-going debate about wigs, weaves and perms. My personal opinion is that all these are a matter of choice. I personally have tried everything---wigs, weaves and perms(even curly perms). In the process I have neglected my own hair. I cared more about my weave than I did about the tresses growing out of my own head. I had thinning edged, uneven dry hair and mad split ends.

I have recently decided against any form of extensions because I looked back over the past one year and calculated how much I spent on weave. Lord have mercy! It was a lot of money. I then evaluated my reasons for extensions. They were:
1) They offer versatility
2) I thought they protected my natural hair because it wasn't exposed
3) I thought they just looked really cute.

Two out of three of my reasons were dead wrong. The extensions were'nt versatile and they didn't protect my hair. Rather they did the opposite.

Oh yeah I always wanted to over look my main reason for extensions: I thought that black hair was so difficult to manage and that it would never grow past shoulder length.

After doing some research I decided to go on a hair growth and health experiment because black hair can and does grow! In fact it grows at the same rate as white and asian hair (1/2 inch every month!!!). The reason why we tend not to see the growth is because WE DON"T TAKE PROPER CARE OF OUR HAIR!!!!

Reasons why black hair seems not to grow:
1) Lack of moisture BIGGEST CULPRIT
2) We are afraid to trim our dead/unhealthy hair. (why have length that isn't healthy?)
3) We don't wash enough
4) We add to much heat through flat iron, curlers etc.
5) Over processing relaxer (and relaxing ends that are already straight) SECOND BIGGEST CULPRIT

Eventaully all this causes breakage and short damaged hair.

So now my healthy hair diet consists of:
1) Daily moisturizing
2) Shampooing and DEEP conditioning  1-2 a week
3) Co-Washing once a week
4)Trimming every 6-8 weeks
5) Hot oil treament once a month
6) Relaxing every 12-16 weeks (sounds impossible I know)

Since I have started this I have seen major changes in my hair. From thickening to growth. Right now I haven't had a relaxer since August and I couldn't be more pleased. This doesn't mean I'm going natural and I don't think it's a bad thing, it is merely my choice to have relaxed hair. I also cut my hair a few days ago to get rid of my dry hair and split ends. Now my hair is at the nape of my neck, but it's getting healthy!

Anyway the point ot my rant is that black hair types are capable of length and health just like all other races. This is not meant as a put down for people who wear weaves because I might still do it if I please lol. I just think it's a better option to care for your hair. It's your crown and glory. kiss

Here are some sites that give tips for healthy black hair and beauty. There are pics of hair growth journeys and videos with tips and other important info. I will post pics of my hair growth journey from time to time.

www.hairlista.com

http://healthyhairjourney.com/
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Drkul(f): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2014
maureena:
for those who are transitioning to natural hair, you need not to worry yourself again. you can get you natural hair product on www.sizelle.com and www.olori.com. They do online purchase and will be delivered at your door post.
Do they do pay on delivery?
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Hourglass8: 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2014
I recently came across a store called Allure on Opebi in Ikeja and they were indeed #teamnatural.

They had all my favorites.

Jamaican Black castor oil,
Crème of Nature Argan Oil( Sulphate free shampoo, conditioner and deep treatment masque)
ORS ( Shampoo, Conditioner hair lotion)
Cantu (Sulphate free shampoo, leave in conditioner, Coconut curling cream, Moisturizing curl activator cream ) and my favorite brand
Shea Moisture including their deep treatment masque.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by stalker(f): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
@ hourglass8. Where exactly on opebi is the allure store.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by keyke(f): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2014
I really wan to exactly Where d shop is too. I hope its Nt too expensive sha
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Hourglass8: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
Its at Pentagon plaza. Opp Chrisland school.

I bought the Jamaican black castor oil for N2,200.

The ORS shampoo and conditioner for N1,700 each and the Cantu leave in conditioner for 2,500.

I plan to go back for the large coconut oil which was N3,000.
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by keyke(f): 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hourglass8:
Its at Pentagon plaza. Opp Chrisland school.

I bought the Jamaican black castor oil for N2,200.

The ORS shampoo and conditioner for N1,700 each and the Cantu leave in conditioner for 2,500.

I plan to go back for the large coconut oil which was N3,000.
I don't get, do u mean u bought each 1,700 or both for 1,700. No nid of using Dat amount on coconut oil, u can easily get d local one. its really Gud En smells nice
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by meetmal03(f): 12:11am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by lovelyn7777: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: Black Hair Does Grow. Let's Prove It! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
I think I'm crying. It's that gorgeous. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady Wears 2 Different Shoes To A Shopping Mall (Photo) / Sere Wins Ugliest Man In Zimbabwe 2015 Beauty Pageant Show (PICS) / The Haircut I Ordered Vs The Haircut I Got (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.