Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,675 members, 7,865,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? (1268 Views)

Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? / How To Stop Your Man From Cheating: The Very Weird But Very Workable Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
I've noticed a trend lately:

"my girlfriend and I have been dating for some time now, she loves me like crazy and she's good and all that but now that she wants us to take it to the next level, I don't think I love her like that"

What's fvcking wrong with people?! If you don't love a person "like that" why lead them on? Why not be upfront with them about what you want from the beginning?

Ladies and gentlemen! Why prolong a relationship if it has no certain future? Why break people's heart just cause you're not ready to take responsibility and commit?

I think every party should know what they're signing up for.

Having said all that, seeing the situation on ground and how both parties may end up miserable and feeling used at the end of the day, is "friends with benefit" (fvck buddies), where everyone knows what they're signing up something you may consider?

And does it work?
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2014
FRIENDS with Benefit: being Konji Stabilizers since the days of the wise King Solomon

1 Like

Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Even if you tell them what you want from the beginning they will still expect more. That's most girls for you.
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nope it doesn't Work. I consider it a big waste of time and hope not to succumb into one.

I think it's best to vent into a relationship when you both are ready for a fruitful outcome. To stick together and hopefully get married not this.
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by SilentCrescendo: 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
Nah it doesn't work.
at first it does, but give it a lil' time and then watch feelings and jealousy creep in and mess the whole thing up. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by ireneony(f): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
this is why I like myself, when I know I don't like you again, I end it. I hate to please someone and displease myself

1 Like

Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
It all depends on your priorities. I wonder why this is coming from you @OP though. I thought you were in Love...***wink***
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Brandnew2:
It all depends on your priorities. I wonder why this is coming from you @OP though. I thought you were in Love...***wink***

I agree. But if marriage isn't a priority for you and you're of the popular opinion that "body no be wood", isn't it only fair that you find someone with the same mentality to lipsrsealed so that nobody feels used and cheated at the of the day?

@emboldened I think the premise doesn't nullify my prerogative to still ask my question... grin

Hehehe
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
ireneony:
this is why I like myself, when I know I don't like you again, I end it. I hate to please someone and displease myself

Twale jare!
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Man it's a complicated journey.

It may sound like all fun to you, a golden chance to live care-free and an experimenting ground to do all you wouldn't do in a normal relationship but believe me, it's way complicated than that.

Friends with Benefits are like junk food. They're delicious and addictive, but they don't sustain you.

The problem is, these things have a tendency to go south pretty quick - and not in a good way. They'd probably leave you with scars and awful memories.

Since you already believe in relationships, why don't you try and create one that bodes well with you and all you believe in?

That your relationship with Miss A took an awful ending doesn't really entail that same will play out with Miss B, mind you.

Go out there, hang out with them ladies, hook up with the one you find amazing and work out your love life fine.

Like I'd always say, a failed relationship is as a result of failed leadership skills. It's your ship to captain, shying away from such duty just to embrace the friends with benefits idea goes to underline your incompetence.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
If u must have friends wit benefits den i suggest u do it wit an ex dat u're sure u can neva get married to. Dat way u can curb wat eva feelings dat want to arise.
Its workable that way. wink
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by MizMyColi(f): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
LoL
Different strokes, different folks.

At the base, one thing every FWB relatonship has in common is this - Self Centredness.
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by MizMyColi(f): 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
Xcapizt Airbornelacer
embarassed
What have I done to you guys.
I mentioned you guys on one thread where Tallesty1 implied I'm loosing my common sense because of love tongue tongue tongue.

Biko, don't reply this mention here.
#NuffDerailingInOneDay
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizMyColi:
LoL
Different strokes, different folks.

At the base, one thing every FWB relatonship has in common is this - Self Centredness.
rily?
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by MizMyColi(f): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
Yep smiley
Just an opinion tho'
ALKARULEZ615:
rily?
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizMyColi:
Yep smiley
Just an opinion tho'
Self-Centredness? I don't think so

I guess u likened the benefits to sex and romance only. There cud be other mutual benefits tho.
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Tallesty1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
Oga Xcapizt, my last r/shp ended because I understood her too muchcrycry.

In her words, she said "I can't date or marry a guy that understands me like you".

So I was a friend with benefitscrycrycrycry.

cheesycheesycheesy

Seriously, this FWB thingy ain't for me because things will definitely mess up.

You know the saying that, "Things aren't complicated. It's the people that make them complicated"

That's what FWB does.

Someone must surely develope feelings.

Girls are likely to start it when they meet a guy they kinda like, he isn't a best friend but he is a friend they wouldn't really want to lose.

Some keep "it" with an ex they cannot marry for some reasons and at same time do not wanna lose.

Guys go into it because they want sex, but do not want the complications that come with an actual relationship

There is a saying that "some people will only "love you" as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends when their benefits stop".

It is all fun and game until someone takes it serious.

Then poo happens.

And they'd blame it on the devil.

I pity that guy sometimes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by MizMyColi(f): 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2014

Two friends who have a sexual realtionship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogomous relationship or any kind of commitment
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friends%20with%20benefits

ALKARULEZ615:

Self-Centredness? I don't think so

I guess u likened the benefits to sex and romance only. There cud be other mutual benefits tho.

In addition to the sex?
Doesn't change what is, imo
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by MizMyColi(f): 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
Okay cool

Tallesty1:
Right here
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Tallesty1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizMyColi:
Okay cool

You wear glasses at night?

Black one for that matter?

Now this is eye abuse.
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by MizMyColi(f): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Tallesty1:
You wear glasses at night?

Black one for that matter?

Now this is eye abuse.

Hiohiohio
Lwtmb o
cheesy
cheesy
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by Freshtomato(f): 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
Fwb never works. Someone always ends up catching feeling undecided
Re: Question: Is "Friends With Benefit" Workable? by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

Two friends who have a sexual realtionship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogomous relationship or any kind of commitment
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=friends%20with%20benefits

In addition to the sex?
Doesn't change what is, imo
never knew the OP was referring to the 'Dictionary' meaning

(1) (Reply)

A Reason Why You Should Not Be Shy Meeting Someone For The First Time / DO U Agree With This Picture ? / Ladies And Gentlemen: What Would You Do Or Say??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.