Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214534 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
We start the digging of the well for irrigation today.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Dyt(f): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
I have been away frm here for so long
So u pipo are sharing free land
Chai
Ayamu in ooo
Following bumper to bumperess

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dyt:
I have been away frm here for so long
So u pipo are sharing free land
Chai
Ayamu in ooo
Following bumper to bumperess

You will get yours
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
world1:

Wellcome
You will get yours
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Since no one is asking question again that shows we all know and understand everything about plantain business.
Now join me as I talk about moringa.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by yajebu: 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
world1:

Capital NO except you are a professional or you have water. but this is the best time to start land çlearing and preparation.

Thanks for the response. I actually have water. The proposed location is next to a stream. The problem I have is security. Its along a major road however I cant afford the perimeter fencing right now.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by christian11(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
world1:
Since no one is asking question again that shows we all know and understand everything about plantain business.
Now join me as I talk about moringa.
No now, plz, u haven't said anything about the cost analysis of running/setting up d farm now. Secondly, after setting up the farm, how frequently do u apply manure/fertilizer, & how do u control pests and diseases, what pesticides and chemicals do one use for that. Finally what if one uses a spacing of 5.5 feet by 5.5 feet for fruit production. Thank u boss, looking forward to your reply.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by opo26: 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
world1:

You are to much.
I will give it out to intending farmers I will also train them free of charge. I fact I will open a thread for this. Thanks so much
All intending farmers in Oyo,Osun and Kwara where are you I have free land, seeds and epertise for you.
Mr world1 I need land badly I have passion for agric help me
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by waka2: 7:18am On Nov 29, 2014
Oga! im following you fully,pls cost implication per hectare.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
opo26:
Mr world1 I need land badly I have passion for agric help me
We are working on something so stay alert
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
waka2:
Oga! im following you fully,pls cost implication per hectare.
I will do the cost now
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
christian11:
No now, plz, u haven't said anything about the cost analysis of running/setting up d farm now. Secondly, after setting up the farm, how frequently do u apply manure/fertilizer, & how do u control pests and diseases, what pesticides and chemicals do one use for that. Finally what if one uses a spacing of 5.5 feet by 5.5 feet for fruit production. Thank u boss, looking forward to your reply.

For fetilizer Depends on the state of your land. But manure can be as frequent as possible.

I don't understand wat you mean by pesticides or chemical. Because the sucker is already treated.

5.5 feet is no acceptable. No
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
yajebu:

Thanks for the response. I actually have water. The proposed location is next to a stream. The problem I have is security. Its along a major road however I cant afford the perimeter fencing right now.

You can use Moriga or jathropha as perimeter fence.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by okechukwu3: 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
when is the best time to plant?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Average cost Analysis for settling up a plantain farm.

Land -----------
Land clearing is between N3000-N5000 per plot depending on the location, how far/thick the farm is.

Land preparation for plantain entails all you need to do or put in place before planting like farm layout, pegging e.t.c @N300 per plot.

Sucker procurement: N100-N150 per sucker depends on your source and the type of sucker you are planting.

Planting per sucker is between N20-N40 this entails digging and planting of the suckers.
The harder the soil the more expensive it is.

Procurement of fertilizer: if you use bulldozer to clear the land its a must to use fertilizer because the machine would have remove the top soil. NPK is N5500 and urial N6000

Procurement of poultry waste: whether you clear by hand or machine you need to fortified your plantain with manure and the most available one is poultry waste. The price per 50kg bag here is N300. You can get it lesser or higher depending on your location.

Fertilizer/manure Application: this depend on the size of your farm.

So keep the question coming.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by stint(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
Abeg how frequently do i apply manure and what is the method of application?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by solbash11(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
world1:

You are to much.
I will give it out to intending farmers I will also train them free of charge. I fact I will open a thread for this. Thanks so much
All intending farmers in Oyo,Osun and Kwara where are you I have free land, seeds and epertise for you.

Pilot...o wa ooo, I don reach my bus-.stop here!

free land, free seeds, free consultation, chai.... My enemy no go do well if I no get my own share of this freebies.

oga world1... you're doing a very wonderful job here,.
More strength to your elbow, and more Wisdom to your brain by God's Grace.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by christian11(m): 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
world1:

For fetilizer Depends on the state of your land. But manure can be as frequent as possible.

I don't understand wat you mean by pesticides or chemical. Because the sucker is already treated.

5.5 feet is no acceptable. No

Thanks for replying.
However, please when applying manure before planting, how is it done? Is it just scattered all around the soil surface, or is it buried inside the holes where the suckers are planted?
Thanks again...

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by glade319(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
welldone bro.
i ve been a silent follower,i got a piece of land and a source (stream,pumping machine)for irrigation farming.hw do i benefit from ur free suckers n all involved.
i think this will be greatest thing happinng to me ever.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nice job.
keep the good work rolling.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by alakara(m): 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
I get land and source of water for Bode Osi near Iwo.
Am set oooo,
World1
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by adeememman(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
world1:

You are to much.

am in osun and interested
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
christian11:

Thanks for replying.
However, please when applying manure before planting, how is it done? Is it just scattered all around the soil surface, or is it buried inside the holes where the suckers are planted?
Thanks again...
You apply at 1feet to the right and left away from the sucker after planting.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
glade319:
welldone bro.
i ve been a silent follower,i got a piece of land and a source (stream,pumping machine)for irrigation farming.hw do i benefit from ur free suckers n all involved.
i think this will be greatest thing happinng to me ever.
Please try to re read the post I never mention free sucker ooooo
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
alakara:
I get land and source of water for Bode Osi near Iwo.
Am set oooo,
World1
Dear,
what do you mean?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by lanre2009: 5:48am On Dec 01, 2014
world1:

You are to much.

I want to believe you mean "SUCKERS" here by saying "FREE SEEDS" since this thread is about plantain.......
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by alakara(m): 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
world1:

Dear,
what do you mean?
For the free seed and expertise you said you want to give us..
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by christian11(m): 12:37am On Dec 02, 2014
world1:

Thank u...
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by christian11(m): 12:38am On Dec 02, 2014
world1:

Thank You...

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Soloxam(m): 1:25am On Dec 02, 2014
christian11:

Thank You...
really learning here from mr World 1, oga Christian 11 I sight u ooooooo.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by christian11(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2014
Soloxam:
really learning here from mr World 1, oga Christian 11 I sight u ooooooo.
Lol boss, I sight u too..
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by glade319(m): 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
lanre2009:

I want to believe you mean "SUCKERS" here by saying "FREE SEEDS" since this thread is about plantain.......

i tot as much.
keep d ball rolling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation