Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214878 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Lol . .. Thanks, i am asking cos i have no idea what it looks like, that is why jare . . . .But thanks for responding.
This platform is for learning and am ready to teach anytime anyday.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Fhemmmy: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
world1:

This platform is for learning and am ready to teach anytime anyday.

Thank you very much, i am following bumper to bumper . . . . Learning all possibilities
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 7:24am On Mar 25, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Thank you very much, i am following bumper to bumper . . . . Learning all possibilities
Great.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by greaterlife45(f): 6:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
world1:
Step 3
LAND PREPARATION:
When establishing a new plantain farm, certain actions need to be implemented to ensure the long term success of the plantation. One of these actions involve the initial land preparation which should be done prior to transplanting of the plant material suckers.

The purpose of land preparation is to provide the necessary soil conditions which will enhance the successful establishment of the young suckers.
Considering the nature of plantain one can not "save" on this operation and hope for long term of the plantation.

The aim is to enable the planter to plan and structure the implementation process in advance, ensuring the successful establishment of the plantain farm. Planning forms part of the initial preparation and will help to limiting unnecessary stoppages during the implementation phase.

Critical factors to consider during this planning exercise are summarised as follows:

- Availability and quality of irrigation water;
- Field selection;
- Mechanical actions to be implemented;
- Chemical needs for pre-plant soil improvement;
- Tools and equipment needed for plantain cultivation;
- Labour needs;
- Irrigation design and installation;
- Leaching schedule;
- Hole preparation;
- Financial requirements and
- Time schedule.
Dear Sir,I am indeed greatful for these very useful informations.Please how do I meet you? Have you heard of AZOMITE? You can visit the site,www.azomite.com
Can I have your email pls,so I can forward you other vital documents on azomite
Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by darchyneer(m): 11:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Hello people. sorry for the diversion. I need pictures of a fruit juice factory for case study of my final year project in architcecture. I have been denied access to d survey of existing facility I went to in Lagos. Please if u know any body who works in d factory that can me pictures or an IT student who has worked there or anyway you can help me to get this. Pleaseeeeeeee. I need itttttt asap. Pleaseeeeeee help somebody. Darchyneer@gmail.com if u want to contact me.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
greaterlife45:

Dear Sir,I am indeed greatful for these very useful informations.Please how do I meet you? Have you heard of AZOMITE? You can visit the site,www.azomite.com
Can I have your email pls,so I can forward you other vital documents on azomite
Thanks
Sorry for the late response check my signature for my contact details.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Plantains will grow in most soils, but to thrive, they should be planted in a rich, well-drained soil. They prefer an acidic soil with a pH between 5.5 and 6.5.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ricki: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
world1:
Plantains will grow in most soils, but to thrive, they should be planted in a rich, well-drained soil. They prefer an acidic soil with a pH between 5.5 and 6.5.

Now my own question and it hope you wont see it as irrelevant -

How much do u think it cost to construct the shed in ur last post?

And Pleasssssse can u take closer picture of the shed and dimension?

Lastly, can you give me contact of the person or company that construct it??
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:11am On Apr 22, 2015
ricki:

Now my own question and it hope you wont see it as irrelevant -

How much do u think it cost to construct the shed in ur last post?

And Pleasssssse can u take closer picture of the shed and dimension?

Lastly, can you give me contact of the person or company that construct it??

Hahahahaha, it highly relevant because every serious project need a store. Minimum of 1 room.
This shed is not one of mine. Check the pictures for the one we built fo Highhill Organic Plantain Village.
We got the planks from the farm and my carpenter fixed it.
Where is your farm located?
Try to zoom the 3rd pics.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Kasfarin(m): 3:09am On Apr 22, 2015
Well done boss
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2015
hotmas911:
The Prof! You are just too brilliant that not giving you land will be a cardinal sin! For this thread i promise you 10 acres for 2 years free use. Infact you can transfer this gift to anyone you like. Yes, 10 acres for 2 years free of charge.

Sir, has anyone claimed the land? Am highly interested and willing. Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2015
Kasfarin:
Well done boss
Thanks.
Do you still remember this farmland?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2015
Ephiezy4real:

Sir, has anyone claimed the land? Am highly interested and willing. Thanks
My brother this offer has been utilised since November 2014
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Still learning cool cool cool
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ricki: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
world1:

Hahahahaha, it highly relevant because every serious project need a store. Minimum of 1 room.
This shed is not one of mine. Check the pictures for the one we built fo Highhill Organic Plantain Village.
We got the planks from the farm and my carpenter fixed it.
Where is your farm located?
Try to zoom the 3rd pics.

oga that is small shed, a tractor won't fit in that at all. Anyway thankx
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2015
ricki:

oga that is small shed, a tractor won't fit in that at all. Anyway thankx
OK.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Ephiezy4real(m): 8:43am On Apr 24, 2015
world1:

My brother this offer has been utilised since November 2014

Aii boss, tanx. Just wanna be sure its not wasting away

How much is outright purchase of land per hectare in ur area?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by chillykelly86(m): 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
I love what's going on here.

I'm following already.

Keep it up and coming
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Ephiezy4real:

Aii boss, tanx. Just wanna be sure its not wasting away

How much is outright purchase of land per hectare in ur area?
Am based in Ewekoro LGA of Ogun State so land is a bit expensive here 1 hectare fertile land goes for N500k.
Like the land in this picture.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by akeebagp: 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
DO U NEED A TRUCK FOR TRANSPORT WITHIN AND OUTSIDE IBADAN.
CALL 08023019396 OR 07056867020

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
akeebagp:
DO U NEED A TRUCK FOR TRANSPORT WITHIN AND OUTSIDE IBADAN.
CALL 08023019396 OR 07056867020
How much is this truck?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by akeebagp: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2015
world1:

How much is this truck?
The truck is for Hire and it depends on where you are going. u can call d no. if interested
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:47am On May 04, 2015
Good morning house.
Please let all work hard in taking our Agribusiness to the next level.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nemie: 11:37am On May 22, 2015
hotmas911:
The Prof! You are just too brilliant that not giving you land will be a cardinal sin! For this thread i promise you 10 acres for 2 years free use. Infact you can transfer this gift to anyone you like. Yes, 10 acres for 2 years free of charge.

good day to you, i want to start the plantain farming business and i am wondering if you can help with land procurement?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nemie: 11:39am On May 22, 2015
Do you know where we can get comparably fertile land for less...and is the 500k for outright purchase?
world1:

Am based in Ewekoro LGA of Ogun State so land is a bit expensive here 1 hectare fertile land goes for N500k.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by chiefinalowo: 6:25pm On May 22, 2015
world1:

Am based in Ewekoro LGA of Ogun State so land is a bit expensive here[b] 1 hectare fertile land goes for N500k.[/b]

Are you sure?
Is it acre or hectare, please clarify?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by hotmas911(m): 6:58pm On May 23, 2015
Nemie:

good day to you, i want to start the plantain farming business and i am wondering if you can help with land procurement?
Let's know when you are ready. Land is available.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 9:21pm On May 23, 2015
chiefinalowo:

Are you sure?
Is it acre or hectare, please clarify?
Yes it my property I currently sell for 200k per acre. 2.5 acres makes 1 hectare =500k

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by chiefinalowo: 11:02am On May 24, 2015
world1:

Yes it my property I currently sell for 200k per acre. 2.5 acres makes 1 hectare =500k

Which village in Ewekoro?
I am interested, please.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 3:31pm On May 24, 2015
chiefinalowo:

Which village in Ewekoro?
I am interested, please.
Ewekoro is not a village but a Local Government Area in ogun state.
The land is located inside Highhill Farmers Estate at Ilao Village via Awowo Town.
Contact me asap.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 24, 2015
hmmm interesting thread....but Oga Fhemmmy what motivates you?

Fhemmmy:

I think a closer pix showing the lines very well will be a good one too . . . .

world1 where's your farm in Ekiti.....watching from Ado....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.