Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214871 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On May 24, 2015
angels09:
hmmm interesting thread....but Oga Fhemmmy what motivatEs you....

I am motivated by continuing business and about tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
angels09:
hmmm interesting thread....but Oga Fhemmmy what motivates you?

world1 where's your farm in Ekiti.....watching from Ado....
I don't have farm in Ado-ekiti. Am based in Abeokuta ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 24, 2015
world1:

I don't have farm in Ado-ekiti. Am based in Abeokuta ogun state.

the one you came to do in Ekiti?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 24, 2015
hmmm

Fhemmmy:

I am motivated by continuing business and about tomorrow
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Bluescape01(m): 3:41am On May 25, 2015
World1 ,pls we need to talk personal via phone..am interested in plantain farming and willing to start ASAP.. Kindly send me your details via my email damocino@yahoo.com.. New on nairaland don't reli know how to locate signature

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:30am On May 25, 2015
angels09:

the one you came to do in Ekiti?
Ok.
It's a contract farm.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2015
Bluescape01:
World1 ,pls we need to talk personal via phone..am interested in plantain farming and willing to start ASAP.. Kindly send me your details via my email damocino@yahoo.com.. New on nairaland don't reli know how to locate signature
Ok boss
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2015
Land preparation is the most crucial part in plantain plantation business. So make sure you do it well.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 7:27pm On May 26, 2015
bro word one how much are u collecting for land preparation and clearing soon i will clear d land using buldozer to clear it d soil is majorly humus soil.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2015
Johnnyessence:
bro word one how much are u collecting for land preparation and clearing soon i will clear d land using buldozer to clear it d soil is majorly humus soil.
I don't clear or do land preparation for people what i do is total farm set up. You can take a 2 days Agronomy best practice course at Highhill Agri-Business Academy.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 7:37am On May 30, 2015

Ok.
It's a contract farm.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:54am On May 30, 2015
angels09:
NATURAL NUTRIENT LIMITED
8/10. Moringa Close.
klm.18 lagos/ Abeokuta Expressway Lala Village after Awowo Town. Beside Obasanjo farm Akinjole along Obada Oko Road.
Abeokuta.
+2348065220074
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 9:38am On May 30, 2015
ekiti own...

world1:

NATURAL NUTRIENT LIMITED
8/10. Moringa Close.
klm.18 lagos/ Abeokuta Expressway Lala Village after Awowo Town. Beside Obasanjo farm Akinjole along Obada Oko Road.
Abeokuta.
+2348065220074
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2015
angels09:
ekiti own...

Abegunde farm
Igiririgi along new Ado Local Government Secretariat.
Odo Ado
Ado-ekiti
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by smallblow: 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2015
@ world1 thanks for the posting and I am enjoying ur lecture...I want to ask you a question on plantain plantation
How much is the cost can for plantain plantation on 10 hectares of land from setting up to harvesting time without land cost...
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by DAVEZONIGLTD: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
world1:

Abegunde farm
Igiririgi along new Ado Local Government Secretariat.
Odo Ado
Ado-ekiti

Talk wit you soon.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
DAVEZONIGLTD:

Talk wit you soon.

It's doing well already.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Dotzen: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2015
world1:

It's doing well already.
This is awesome. Keep the good work world1
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dotzen:
This is awesome. Keep the good work world1
Thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:13am On Jun 26, 2015
"The farmer works the soil, The agriculturist works the farmer."
- Eugene F. Ware

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Itydee(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thank you Sir for pointing oout the arrogance in this man. I spoke with him and he was too too arrogant and selfish for me. I had to run away.
mercylicious:

world 1, respect yourself b4 i mess you up completely. You are just after how you can profit from unsuspecting young farmers. You are not just proud bt arrogant . Your main motive and objective is selling products at abnormal prices for newbies.

i know where to get the most updated suckers at a far cheaper price in dt same oyo state and may burst your bubble anytime soon. I have seen farms you posted u set up. I tell you are still old fashioned. you cannot compare a farmland dt is ploughed b4 planting and the one dt is not ploughed. i tried two in my two sites and kow the difference.

Yes.i have a small plantain farm which is not up to 4months. I also work in a bank and have had several years of professional experience as against you dt is chasing newbies up and down to sell your suckers at exhorbitant prices. Dt is the real motive of wabi- sell suckers and seeds. I dont mind descending below market women to get any info i need if i see they are smarter. For ur info, i dont sink every info i get from nairaland in, i do my research and consult mkt women too.

King maker my foot- You have to first make yourself a palace guard b4 talking of king maker. If you are so knowledgeable as you claim, you should be busy in ur farm and not chasing newbies up and down.

I am not just a banker but a professional and do a monopolistic work in the whole of SE. if i go on.vacation as i am currently in, my relief officer mus come from lagos. That is how important i am in my sector.

Besides being an officer in my bank, i have interest in stock trading, real estate, integrated farming- fishery, poultry and agric as a whole.

NB- I have never talked to anyone on nairaland like this but u asked for it. I wont even mind getting more personal if u want more.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
Farming in Nigeria has taken a dramatic turn to better directions in recent years, creating jobs and opportunities for Entrepreneurs who dare to go into Farming Business. Millionaires are made every year through Farming in Nigeria and there is simply no end to the prospects of creating more wealth in Nigerian Farms in the coming years.

There are good reasons why Farming in Nigeria is currently doing well, and understanding these reasons will help any serious Entrepreneur (no matter where he comes from) to think seriously about setting up Farms in Nigeria.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
Plantain Plantation – One thing I like about Plantain is that when planted once, it keeps producing year in year out for eternity. Like Rice and Garri, Plantain is widely consumed in Nigeria and you know — any food that is popular in Nigeria is always a huge income earner due to the population of the country.

I really haven’t seen many Farmers in Nigeria taking full advantage of the opportunity in Plantain Farming to create wealth for themselves.

Plantain is highly priced in Nigeria and is always in high demand all year round. Fry it, Boil it, Roast it — it will never get angry with you, that’s how liberal Plantain is. I can tell you Millions of Naira is currently lying fallow untapped in this sector of Farming in Nigeria.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
If well mentained Plantains will continue to grow for ten years or more, and will bear fruit every year.

In addition to their long lifetime, plantains are also a very profitable crop in Nigeria now, as there is a high demand for them.

In fact, the demand is so high that people/companies are now paying for plantains before they are even mature, to ensure that they are the ones that get the fruit.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Top Ten Plantain Producing Countries.

1 Uganda
2 Ghana
3 Cameroon
4 Rwanda
5 Colombia
6 Nigeria
7 Peru
8 Côte d'Ivoire
9 Myanmar
10 United Republic of Tanzania

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
So how many years would it take to break even?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by somyjuls: 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
good day friends... I actually enjoyed ds writeup and would want more agric posts am a student of uniben and am interested in agricbiz...do get my updated wt more of D's knowledge.. tank u...chisomoranebo@gmail.com..
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
somyjuls:
good day friends... I actually enjoyed ds writeup and would want more agric posts am a student of uniben and am interested in agricbiz...do get my updated wt more of D's knowledge.. tank u...chisomoranebo@gmail.com..
Ok
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
The best fertilizer for plantain.

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by alakara(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
world1:
The best fertilizer for plantain.
organic. are u back?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
alakara:

organic.
are u back?
Yes.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by dapee(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello World1 please where can i get poutry manure in Abeokuta?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.