Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? (6231 Views)

Dating A Broke Guy (my Experience): Is It Worth It? / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy / Dating A Broke Guy(my Experience); Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 7:54am On Nov 29, 2014
can the daughter of a rich man, let's say like Dangote, fall in love and eventually get married to a broke guy whose family is poor and not recognised in the society? i don't think so as daughters of rich men will not want to associate with the low class whose families are not well to do in the society. they will prefer to date son of senators, governors, ministers etc.

like they say ''birds of a feather flock together,, . daughters of senators can only flow with the sons of senators and the likes and so on.

do you think otherwise? let's hear your views.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2014
Haven't you been watching Nollywood movies ?'
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2014
Yes ofcos,I saw it on nollywood

1 Like

Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by njideoby(f): 8:03am On Nov 29, 2014
Of course, its possible! (don't you watch nollywood movies?)
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Sheenor: 8:05am On Nov 29, 2014
In nigeria, i doubt it.....but outside, its possible....
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2014
NinoBrown888:
Haven't you been watching Nollywood movies ?'
i mostly watched foreign movies. i'm talking about real life not in movies.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2014
Sheenor:
In nigeria, i doubt it.....but outside, its possible....
can u cite an instance where it happened outside?
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 29, 2014
clevvermind:
may be he saw it on telemundo(outside)
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Sheenor: 8:18am On Nov 29, 2014
clevvermind:

Seems like you don't get •̸ϞƔ point here.....i said in nigeria i doubt but outside its possible

Does its possible sound it happened

Na wa Ooº°°ºoo.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Kunleskey(m): 8:22am On Nov 29, 2014
Eleyi gidi gan...very rare to get such people in nigeria...but it can happen ke.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by joemarxist: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2014
nija practices an illegal caste system. u wil hardly see ds happen in nija.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by tpia6: 8:31am On Nov 29, 2014
I do not have any issues with rich marrying rich.

If rich wants to marry poor, however, that is equally alright, na dem money dem dey spend.

1 Like

Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 8:54am On Nov 29, 2014
Sheenor:

Seems like you don't get •̸ϞƔ point here.....i said in nigeria i doubt but outside its possible

Does its possible sound it happened

Na wa Ooº°°ºoo.
ok. i reason too far.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Hazardd(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2014
Yea sure! It can happen
Uju rochas, daughter of Imo state governor,upon she is a medical doctor.she went and marry her father servant recently.
That's the power of love
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by lilmax(m): 9:46am On Nov 29, 2014
NO
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by bedfordng(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2014
if the guy is very handsome, then some girls would do anything to marry the guy even if he is poor.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
It can happen
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by 1one: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
If at all it happens, it's very very rare... Sometimes it's not even a matter of the girl being overly materialistic; but being around affluence is something she has been ingrained with right from her childhood, she's been used to wealth and luxury, her expectations, personality and psyche have been formed and cultivated by affluence so it would be naturally difficult for her to fall in love with a broke guy.

However the "broke guy" here is relative...A guy who is working and earning 150k may be seen as broke by a girl who spends 150k in a day, so really it brings to the fore - who is a broke guy. I would be very rich in billions of naira and I would train up my daughters to be decent, humble and respectable women not to focus on money but on character, genuiness of heart and integrity and if they see a guy with such qualities they should give him a chance no matter how broke he is, so summarily I think it boils down to how the rich girl was trained by her parents.

Another reason why a rich girl dating a broke guy is not even advisable is because the guy would always be in a bubble of insecurity, he would always over scrutinize himself considering his inability to provide for her rather than focusing on the relationship and her true love for him..... So it's just better make water find hin level.

4 Likes

Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Swizdoe(m): 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
bedfordng:
if the guy is very handsome, then some girls would do anything to marry the guy even if he is poor.
So you think being handsome is enough.....
That's only possible in nollywood movies.... How will they even meet? You think the rich daughter will be driving through an area and just see the handsome poor dude and stop and spewing trash "You are handsome and I'm in love with you"...... This can only happen if he is well to do and okay atleast for a guy. For example, maybe he works in her dad company and he is kinda dilligent and hardworking
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by STENON(f): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Considering that He is poor, and he has a promising Future (i.e. Educated, Optimism, wise, industrious and Inteligent), I can go for him.

But if he is Poor, Lazy, Illiterate and pessimism, I can't dare it.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
C'mon, that is not a criterion for love or marriage.

Being rich or poor is a mindset. God could continue to bless his endeavor and the guy in question could be richer than Dangote.

Ask the guy that invented Alibaba cool
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Mprex(f): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
Its very possible. She will just clean him up and they are good to go
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by cupidhero(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Yes! In nollywood and in some hollywood chick flicks. Even if this happens just know that the brothers to the rich girl will hate you 4real.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mprex:
Its very possible. She will just clean him up and they are good to go
she will not respect and be submissive to him.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Mprex(f): 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
clevvermind:
she will not respect and be submissive to him.
why are you so sure about that? People are different. Its true a good number of ladies wont be respectful to him considering the circumstances surrounding their relationship but there are ladies that would respect him without considering anything.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mprex:

why are you so sure about that? People are different. Its true a good number of ladies wont be respectful to him considering the circumstances surrounding their relationship but there are ladies that would respect him without considering anything.
na u talk o. but most ladies are too proud and full themselves. especially when their guy is not well to do as them. dnt u see how some ladies treat their husbands when they lost their jobs?
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mprex:

90% of ladies won't.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by Mprex(f): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
clevvermind:
90% of ladies won't.
can you cut the ladies some slack pls? What makes you think so? Smh!
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by gunners160(m): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2014
Of course,it is very possible.let me share a real life story of how a rich girl got married to a poor guy.This event happened at where I school. There was this girl whoose parent were rich.The dad happened to be a retired general.The lady met this guy during her tetiarry institution days,and they happen to fall inlove.After thir service,the lady decided to introduce the guy to her parent,but when r dad discovered the guy's parent are farmmers he had to tell the guy to stay off 4rm his daughter if he really wants to preserve his life.The guy left the ladyand started hustling.The girl told r dad she loves this guy nd she is ready to go with him."No nid of being happy when the reason 4 dat is gone".At last she ws able to persuade her dad 2 change his mind.She went to the guys home town to look 4 him,and asked the guy to visit her dad again.The dad polished this guy before the weding.He gave him a job,a car and a house.The bth of them got marriɛd,which happned to be the most expensive weding at that place so far.Eat and drink till u poo.Most people do not belief the guy was a farmmer before.Till date I remmenber is speech during is vote of thanks "I see,I percieve andI Knw sumthng good is coming out of this".He left the stage with tears after narrating his story.

1 Like

Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Abeg, it can't happen.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by clevvermind(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2014
bedfordng:
na handsomeness dem won chop? na who get level we dey talk.
Re: Can The Daughter Of A Rich Man Fall In Love With A Broke Guy? by bigwalo(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Sorry broder its only possible in Nigeria movies nd not in reality. Becus I have not seen one except in home video.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Wants Me So Bad / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Nigerian Blasts Crochet Maker For Making A Top That Reveal Her Br£ast. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.