Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? (17850 Views)

Ladies, Your boyfriend Sends This Picture Message To You, What's He Implying? / Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands / Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by scribble: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
DieeDiee:

Between you and me, who has the larger amount of stupidity? Seems to me you not only designed the crown and wear it but you also created the need for the word...

Deny those are your words?

men are polygamous in nature

deal with it

if u want a one woman man, go and get married to Jesus and leave the feminist movement alone...ode
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
scribble:

men are polygamous in nature

deal with it

if u want a one woman man, go and get married to Jesus and leave the feminist movement alone...ode
Really?
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by LewisO: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
DieeDiee:
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a feminist, I love men and I absolutely love my bra - I'm not about to burn it for anything. I just believe in fairness and equality.

This will be kind of a long post because it was inspired by another post I had started where I was asking men for r/ship advice. You don't need deep background about that post because this is a general question and not about me and my ex. To sum up what the men said, I apparently have an ego (because I stand up for myself I guess) and there seemed to be a general consensus that I needed to put extra effort (as in more than the guy) in the r/ship. Below I will post one of the comments that was made to me and my response to the commentor. I would love to hear your take.
The high "Ego's" in those ladies won't let them be submissive!
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by walanter(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
DieeDiee:

IYOOOO not another Engrish speaker! This is so painful to watch cry You have something to say to me but your Engrish is getting the best of you and you not getting your message across. What ever you are trying to say is falling at your feet and not reaching me. Shame Lala, how far did you get in school? I really do feel for you because I'm sure whatever you said in your mind it had power and punch cry ... Very sad ...
probably u are just too daff to comprehend dat i guess
and No1 going to school/college doesn't stop u in person ,thinking as illiterate do
lol
dont b a metal box dear
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by LewisO: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
Evina:

You are indeed a wise woman.

Wise women build their homes.
Wise women have influence.
Wise women are treasured by their men.
The mark of a wise women is in understanding how much power you weild through the art of submission.
Gud!
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 5:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
walanter:
probably u are just too daff to comprehend dat i guess
and No1 going to school/college doesn't stop u in person ,thinking as illiterate do
lol
dont b a metal box dear

Nana, what's your address? I'm going to buy you a dictionary so that you can look up illiterate. I told you, do not use big people words if you don't know what they mean or how to use them in a sentence.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
missberrypop5:
Really?

Small man, small mind don't bother yourself with males like that
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
DieeDiee:

Where are you from, may I ask?
Nigeria
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
DieeDiee:

Small man, small mind don't bother yourself with males like that
i don't sister. Men like that are the type that cheat on their wives and even threat her bad on top of that. Why do most men see nothing wrong in cheating esp with such mentality that "men are polygamous in nature." like they don't have feelings? When a woman cheats on them, they feel bad, we are not animals, we also feel bad when cheated on too. I don't even buy the idea Men are polygamous in nature. Don't blame your weakness to withstand the temptations of women on that idea.
That's by the way.
As for the topic, i don't buy the idea of ladies being submissive. In a relationship, there should be mutual submissiveness from both partners, mutual respect, etc, that's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by Missmossy(f): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
It all depends on the partners, if the lady in question deems it fit with a responsible guy then it's very much okay.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by folameme(f): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Midehi:

Harlot of same feather Bleep togeda...
cant imagine my simple write-up turn ur heads upside down dat u cudnt figure out wat i said...its a pity...if its nt hurtin u gurls or u not jelous dat u dnt av a faithful & cute guy,u wont be replyin me..sowie ooo...shud i recomend gud guys for u..hey i don die for laff ooooo....keep on replyin me,keep it up..attention seekers...basterds...harlots...stinky pussy...uuuuzzzzz...Tchao
smh
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by mikolo80: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
DieeDiee:

Highlight or make bold the part where I say marriage is a competition. Friendly advice: don't ever try to be smart on the internet again you'll just end up looking like the illiterate fool you look like right now cry
and yet you wonder why you have problems in your marriage
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 4:42am On Dec 01, 2014
mikolo80:
and yet you wonder why you have problems in your marriage

You can't read and you can't follow instructions... Why do you insist embarrassing yourself by displaying your illiteracy and low comprehension? The voices in your head are too loud, tell them to shut up. Not a single person here said anything about marital problems.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 4:54am On Dec 01, 2014
walanter:
hehehe ...i think u ar the one in need of dick and u dont hav a clue

my advice is for u to start somthing diff fro usual before u wear out....bit'ch
lol English English.... i guess ur mother is queen Elizabeth ....
ur just too --- for my liking

Hm... Only those of low thinking think sex is a solution for anything ... "If all else fails have sex!" ... You multiply like rats then next thing you can't afford your children
shocked undecided

No my darling, you are mistaking me for your mother. Since an animal can only beget an animal, your mother is the female dog you speak of.

Yes, Queen Elizabeth is my mother. So?

For your liking? (If this wasn't so sad I'd probably laugh) Darling, you are too delusional. You also need to stop listening to the voices in your head. My baby with your lack of manners, education and intelligence you wouldn't even get a hello or smile from me.

Ps: *clap, clap* You still not there, but what an improvement. What did you do? Ask the 5 year old next door to help you type?
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2014
Babe,dont give yourself headache,someone will surly marry you the way you are.
To be fair with equity and justice that you seek,dont accept dowry from your man,dont allow your family to give him list of items when he is about to marry you.
As a partner,you both will split the money for accomodation,clothing,feeding and whatever.
Then you are indeed a partner.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 8:50am On Dec 01, 2014
samisparkle24:
Babe,dont give yourself headache,someone will surly marry you the way you are.
To be fair with equity and justice that you seek,dont accept dowry from your man,dont allow your family to give him list of items when he is about to marry you.
As a partner,you both will split the money for accomodation,clothing,feeding and whatever.
Then you are indeed a partner.

Thank you for your kind words grin . Oh, I'm not worried. If I wanted to get married I would have been married long ago and I have exes I know would be more than happy to have me back. The dowry thing is not an issue. In my culture a woman never enters the marital home empty handed and she always comes bearing gifts for her new family. The man provides her a house and dowry. She takes the dowry and fills up the house (or uses it for the wedding) and brings gifts so it balances itself out and the man benefits too from the dowry. The dowry is just there to create good relations between the families and to assure the brides family she will not suffer in the marriage, the man is able to work and accumulate.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 01, 2014
DieeDiee:

The dowry is just to assure the brides family she will not suffer in the marriage, the man is able to work and accumulate.
This statement shows your culture agree the man should head and lead a family. A family can not exist without a head.
Most of the guys that agrees to partnership,observe well,the woman end up being the head.
The reason for high rate of divorce in western culture,is that partnership does not work,there must be a leader. Though society and culture gives the leadership role to the male folks, but few men relinguish the power to their women.
Partnership does not exist in marriage,someone must lead.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2014
samisparkle24:

This statement shows your culture agree the man should head and lead a family. A family can not exist without a head.
Most of the guys that agrees to partnership,observe well,the woman end up being the head.
The reason for high rate of divorce in western culture,is that partnership does not work,there must be a leader. Though society and culture gives the leadership role to the male folks, but few men relinguish the power to their women.
Partnership does not exist in marriage,someone must lead.

Yes, I agree. I never denied the man is the head and leader. I'm not sure if you read the beginning of my post. I stated the man is supposed to be a leader and that I have no problem with that. My assertion is that a real man (i.e. a true leader) is one who can lead without the need for submission (i.e. without the need to command dominion (because that is what submission is about). A real man inspires his woman and children to follow him (i.e. does not demand), it is given willingly because of how he guides them (remember a leader guides he does not demand) and he allows them to retain their power (in fact he encourages it) because he is comfortable with his manhood and he knows he already has power. He doesn't need to suck another person's power to feel good, powerful or like a man. My problem is not a man's leadership it's submission because a submissive relationship is a master-slave relationship. The definition of submissive is: relinquishing power to a superior.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by 1one: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
DieeDiee

If you don't mind me asking, - What country are you from?... There's nothing to it... Just maybe benign curiosity
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 1:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
1one:
DieeDiee

If you don't mind me asking, - What country are you from?... There's nothing to it... Just maybe benign curiosity

Earth
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by mikolo80: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
DieeDiee:

You can't read and you can't follow instructions... Why do you insist embarrassing yourself by displaying your illiteracy and low comprehension? The voices in your head are too loud, tell them to shut up. Not a single person here said anything about marital problems.
SMH. AND TO THINK YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FUTURE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY SMH GAAN. PROLLY NOT YOUR FAULT,MUST BE THE WAY YOU WERE RAISED OR MAYBE YOU REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE HOME TRAINING,WHO KNOWS.ANYWAY GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE CONFLICTS WITH YOUR FUTURE OR PRESENT SPICE
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by kandiikane(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
scribble:

Women like you miss it and end up being single and/or miserable

If you won't obey your man at home, he will easily find a mistress who will

My wife is submissive financially, sexually, etc etc

I don't boss her around, I tell her what I want that is morally right...

She obeys because she is a good Christian woman...I think Muslim women are even more submissive

This feminist movement all of you are carrying like calabash will be what will frustrate you...

It's not for wholesome African women.

Imagine I call my wife and tell her to polish my brass handle, if she is not in the mood, it's one thing but if she is defiant, my side chick will shout hallelujah because she knows awoof season has come again.

Better to wake up than dull.

How can I spend millions to marry you, love and cherish you, then you will now be forming feminist movement. Go and marry he movement nor ni.
so you have another woman hanging around? See what this submission thing has done, because he knows the woman won't do jackshyt that's why he threatens her with the side chick taking over if she "misbehaves"

1 Like

Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by scribble: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=kandiikane post=28504289]
so you have another woman hanging around? See what this submission thing has done, because he knows the woman won't do jackshyt that's why he threatens her with the side chick taking over if she "misbehaves"[/quote

shes not hanging around

she is well established
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by scribble: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
missberrypop5:
Really?

i was upset undecided

peace and love everybody grin
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by slimedge(m): 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
I know this is going to illicit mixed reactions but it's undoubtedly the truth...Women of this new generation seem to be failing in all standards.Most especially being submissive to their men.Submission is far fetched...Our mothers were ready to worship the floors their men walked on in their time...They swallowed their pride and showed humility to a reasonable degree...You would see them on their knees when handing anything to their husbands as a sign of respect and as custom rightly demands.My mum would say,"I never talked back or looked at him in the face when he was angry." Nowadays,the reverse is the case..Who do we blame for this?is it that our mothers have not taken out time to impart knowledge into them on how to be submissive before their men or it's the giant ego in them that has gottten the best of them?In Saudi Arabia,women are allowed to get little or no education in order to ward off vices of this kind...The ladies of today seem to have known too much and think that gives them the right to challenge their men at any given time...If you would ask me,I think I would rather blame it on female education...That's simply the truth...
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by slimedge(m): 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
I know this is going to illicit mixed reactions but it's undoubtedly the truth...Women of this new generation seem to be failing in all standards. Most especially being submissive to their men. Submission is far fetched...Our mothers were ready to worship the floors their men walked on in their time...They swallowed their pride and showed humility to a reasonable degree...You would see them on their knees when handing anything to their husbands as a sign of respect and as custom rightly demands. My mum would say,"I never talked back or looked at him in the face when he was angry." Nowadays,the reverse is the case..Who do we blame for this?Is it that our mothers have not taken out time to impart knowledge into them on how to be submissive before their men or it's the giant ego in them that has gotten the best of them?In Saudi Arabia,women are allowed to get little or no education in order to ward off vices of this kind...The ladies of today seem to have known too much and think that gives them the right to challenge their men at any given time...If you would ask me,I think I would rather blame it on female education...That's simply the truth...
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by walanter(m): 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=DieeDiee post=28488665]

Hm... Only those of low thinking think sex is a solution for anything ... "If all else fails have sex!" ... You multiply like rats then next thing you can't afford your children
shocked undecided

No my darling, you are mistaking me for your mother. Since an animal can only beget an animal, your mother is the female dog you speak of.

Yes, Queen Elizabeth is my mother. So?

For your liking? (If probably laugh) Darling, you are too delusional. You also need to stop listening to the voices in your head. My baby with your lack of manners, education and intelligence you wouldn't even get a hello or smile from me. lol

all this crab for mi
hmmm i will lik to met u inperson may b we gt to talk beter ...... blive mi dis ar symtoms ...

where u from.... so i can tell u wat'd do .u ar just cray bit'ch
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 3:00am On Dec 02, 2014
slimedge:

...Who do we blame for this?is it that our mothers have not taken out time to impart knowledge into them on how to be submissive before their men or it's the giant ego in them that has gottten the best of them?In Saudi Arabia,women are allowed to get little or no education in order to ward off vices of this kind...The ladies of today seem to have known too much and think that gives them the right to challenge their men at any given time...If you would ask me,I think I would rather blame it on female education...That's simply the truth...

Why do you need a woman to be your slave?
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 3:05am On Dec 02, 2014
walanter:

all this crab for mi
hmmm i will lik to met u inperson may b
we gt to talk beter ...... blive mi dis ar
symtoms ...
where u from.... so i can tell u wat'd do .u
ar just cray bit'ch

For the last time I don't speak dumb so you and I have nothing to talk about and the only female dog you know is your mother, the only woman in the whole entire world dumb enough to give birth to you. No wonder she was submissive and you are like this. There's not a single intelligence gene in your DNA.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by slimedge(m): 6:23am On Dec 02, 2014
DieeDiee:

Why is it important to you for a woman to be your slave?

...I don't remember saying a woman should be enslaved...I am only saying that they are losing it.They have absolutely derailed from the track of submission...A saying goes like this,"Two kings can't live in a palace."It is crystal clear that today's woman is gunning to overthrow the man and become the head of the family.Instead of her to lower her head and be submissive,she prefers it the other way round.Many of them have succeded in emersculating their men all in the name of feminist movements.
Re: Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? by DieeDiee: 6:46am On Dec 02, 2014
You say:

slimedge:
...I don't remember saying a woman should be enslaved...

But in the same breath you say:

slimedge:
I am only saying that they are losing it.They have absolutely derailed from the track of submission... Instead of her to lower her head and be submissive ,she prefers it the other way round.

Is that not what a slave does? Lower your head, hold your mouth and do as master says?

Previously, you also said:

slimedge:
...Our mothers were ready to worship the floors their men walked on in their time... You would see them on their knees when handing anything to their husbands as a sign of respect and as custom rightly demands.My mum would say, "I never talked back or looked at him in the face when he was angry."

Are the bold parts not slave actions? You also boldly declare as custom RIGHTLY demands. I ask by WHO'S decree is it right and please do not even think of using the bible. The bible came with the white man is not African culture and you said "...as custom rightly demands" therefore your statement itself excludes the bible...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Possible Reasons Why Women Are Tired Than Men / Ladies How To Detect A Fuckboy By Anusiobi Franklin / My Best Movie Is Porn Movies....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.