Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today (21429 Views)

Unfair: See How Much I Was Charged Per Dollar (photos) / I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card / My ATM Card Was Stolen And Money Was Withdrawn Within Hours - Advice Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Abdgafarplenty(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
hmmmmm, That's umpossible.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by OCTAVO: 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2014
Wow!
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by GhaliNaaba(m): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
grin H ahahaha gej till 2023 na all of us go suffer am. grin

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Maczeelly(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Naija

HM
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Many leaders as you see dem na different disguise dem dey hold

Animal in human skin

Animal in puti tie oo

Animal in wear agba da

Animal in puti suit ooo

Beasts of no nation ebregedeeee

Fela

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Kimoni: 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
Unfortunately, the prognosis doesn't look too good. This trend might continue till mid-next year...shame on our leaders. Saudi Arabia has enough reserves to cushion the effect for years, Nigeria couldn't even do it in a week. Shame!

2 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by PERFECT2(m): 8:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
No mata wat,i still love NIGERIA. The only country where Jesus sends u message on whatsapp and threatens to kill u if u dnt forward it to 10 people.

13 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
slightlyMad:
I tried to make a $1000 payment today and i was charge 190,520 instead of the 180,000 i was charged last week

I am paying 190k for items i used to buy for 168,000
Can someone tell me what is going on with Nigeria?

. *Dancing* as a yahoo boy I go dey dance
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by holatin(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
dat nt bad now
atleast u re enjoying fresh air
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Eyop: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
datalossvictim1:
Many leaders as you see dem na different disguise dem dey hold

Animal in human skin

Animal in puti tie oo

Animal in wear agba da

Animal in puti suit ooo

Beasts of no nation ebregedeeee

U be real character cheesy cheesy
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by olanshi: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
As of today it is N192 to $1.

Well, only God knows where this country is heading to.

It is affecting the present market prices of some imported items.

And it may hit N200 to $1 or more before Christmas

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by shorexng: 8:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
[/quote]
cheesy
Pavore9:
lf we individually have what we export, we won't really feel the pinch. My brother exports to East Africa & the foreign exchange he gets he uses to pay for the imports of his raw materials in China which he transfers via igbo boys runs @ N100/$100.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by dayooye(m): 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
mavinc4u:
always make use of www.xe.com before ordering, it helps. by the way is it not better to buy dollar than using a card that would charge you more ? mallam sells N183
I would love to have ur mallams contact, bought 189.5 this morning, and I mean d best price I got after calling more than 5 bdc, got it at that cause of the quantity....10k dols
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by xynerise: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Pls, where can I buy dollars at N189 per dollar?
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by MsNas(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
GTBank will never charge you the exchange rates posted on google for the Naira. They always charge at least 5naira extra on every dollar. Very annoying bank. Thieves!
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Eyop:

U be real character cheesy cheesy

I've been on the fela hype since morning. His lyrics are stuck to my head. grin
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by telim: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
Awho:

please i've been trying to link my new master card to my paypal account buh they keep requesting for a four digit paypal code and i just dont know where i can find this code and paypal keeps making diductions from my account funny enough this money does not reflect in my paypal account. The've diducted about 8.5k from my account. Please where can i find this four digit code they claim i need to enter to complite my verification? Thanks
let me help you out. go to your bank and request for your account transaction history, you will find the PayPal verification code there.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Dreambeat: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
I was charged #185 per dollar today by GTB
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by MsNas(f): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
Firefire:
embarassed embarassed embarassed angry angry angry

PAINFUL but necessary undecided
How is it necessary?

1 Like

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by telim: 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
please i've been trying to link my new master card to my paypal account buh they keep requesting for a four digit paypal code and i just dont know where i can find this code and paypal keeps making diductions from my account funny enough this money does not reflect in my paypal account. The've diducted about 8.5k from my account. Please where can i find this four digit code they claim i need to enter to complite my verification? Thanks [/quote] let me help you out. go to your bank and request for your account transaction history, you will find the PayPal verification code there.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by kolaaderin: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2014
arbitrage:

My card was charged N298.49 per pounds sterling yesterday (by both GTbank and Union) but today I was charged N302.X per pounds sterling by same Union card.

shocked shocked shocked Taaapaaaaa see serious gobe
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by amokemi(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
mavinc4u:

I don't think Gtbank does that unless they started that recently. The bank card that performs that wonder is First bank visa prepaid naira card. They will deduct at the point of transaction and deduct another money the next day to balance up and would finally deduct another money when it hits their end.

Madam, that's not true. I'm an holder of Fbn visa prepaid card and I use it solely for online transactions. You are charged at the exchange rate for the date of transaction and no other charges is applied to your card. Please get your facts right.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by amokemi(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
Awho:

please i've been trying to link my new master card to my paypal account buh they keep requesting for a four digit paypal code and i just dont know where i can find this code and paypal keeps making diductions from my account funny enough this money does not reflect in my paypal account. The've diducted about 8.5k from my account. Please where can i find this four digit code they claim i need to enter to complite my verification? Thanks

You get the code from your bank.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
slightlyMad:
I tried to make a $1000 payment today and i was charge 190,520 instead of the 180,000 i was charged last week

It is called fresh air things madam.
Gej till we start using our common sense

4 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by mavinc4u(f): 9:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Dreambeat:
I was charged #185 per dollar today by GTB

Don't drink palmy yet cos the real wine is coming. Check your account tomorrow and next, you will see American wonder on that same transaction
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by MARKone(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
The sooner this regime is changed the better for everybody
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
I sold my last iphone 6 16gig for 135k 2 weeks ago. I bought on Monday at d same price of the previous cost price in dollars but in naira, more dan 135k, I advertised d new one at 145k, and people keep telling me it's very costly, I just laugh. I know many people still have the old stock. They will soon face the reality.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Dreambeat: 9:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
mavinc4u:

Don't drink palmy yet cos the real wine is coming. Check your account tomorrow and next, you will see American wonder on that same transaction
grin I am waiting,I hope they don't try any nonsense.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by namuguibe(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
That would explain things... last week a yahoo yahoo boy sent me an email asking for $50 as application fee. This week, he changed it to $45 when I asked him for what .... he was adjusting for the exchange rate grin

3 Likes

Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Harmony222(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
Hehehe wait lemme finish my akamu before i comment...
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by Lancier(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at InsuranceDirect2U in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment.

Our Services:
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Goods In Transit,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Personal Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc.

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services.

For inquiries, call LANCIER on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 32522912. You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com.

INSURE WITH US TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Insurance Services Guaranteed.
Re: My Card Was Charged 190 Naira To 1 Dollar Today by prettyboi1(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
slightlyMad:

What is going on with Nigeria is the presence of a clueless man overseeing us. 2012, fuel subsidies were removed and we were lied to that some good "changes" were going to come out of that. Even though they increased fuel prices from 65 to 97 Naira per litre,till today no "good" has come out of that scam. Insecurity now plagues the nation badly,$20 billion still missing,The naira is at its weakest value EVER.etc etc

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market / Shasha Traders Clash In Ibadan Market, One Feared Dead / CBN To Clamp Down On Illegal PoS Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.