Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! (23959 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / Let's Expose The Various Strategies Required To Make Money In Nigeria. / Lets Expose Scammers Here, Please Read Before You Transact: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2009
sorry oooo
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by cheksojeh(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
Scam,scam everywhere,lest we fall into any more scam,

Can anyone tell us what they think about the following

1.Commandclem patent invention,the advert seems to be everywhere.

2.Getting a brand new ACER laptop for 15k which most so called internet Gurus are promoting
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by juboye4eva: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
I think the best means to stop this scam thing is for some people to be verified. Like anyone that want to offer any business should be verified before people will deal with them which is very easy to do as i think Nairaland is so popular that is believe they have people all across the country.
Nairaland can try to fine some rep all across the country which will help to verify people that have things to offer and can limit them as even if they try to outsmart the verification process at first they won't do it long or for long before they will be detected.
So people can just volunteer themselves for the moderator then or what do you people thing?
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Roforofo(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2009
I dey vex as I dey read this topic. I am sorry that people have lost their hard earned kishi. Abeg moderators please put a prominent advisory on the homepage of Nairaland advising people not to transact business with people they do not know who they have met on Nairaland. Please my countrypeople shine una eyes well well shocked. Only do business with established companies that can be verified by your own friends and family in Nigeria. Do not trust ANYONE (even me sef) wey dey give mobile numbers and business details on this site. Please NEVER send any money to anyone who has given business details on this site. They are fraudsters. Do not be penny wise and pound foolish.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by magragold(m): 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
A little to the left, a little to the right!

If the offer glitters to the point of blinding, it's LIKELY NOT REAL! cool
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Donvilo(m): 10:54am On Aug 12, 2009
What's all this with 9ja guys & gals who are trying to dupe their fellow country people even here on NL. Chei!!! Pesin don suffer on the hands of scoundrels!! shocked angry Just hope people will take notice of this.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by infocaster: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2009
POINTS TO NOTE

1. if it has to do with funding accounts, never send huge sums. yest with the minimum amount and see how it is. Vontinue like that for like 5 times before making any conclusions.

2. if it is an information product, search the net or forums like nairaland and you may find someonelse who is sharing it for free. that will save you some risk.

If you can't find it, make enquiries about reputable markters and call or findout if they have information on the subject matter.

3. if it is a loan or investment program, Neve Ever burrow money to do it unless you are a greedy person who wants to remain indebted.

4. if it is visa, travel and such stuff. you don't need to pay anybody just search the internet or go to the embassies to get info for yourself.

the truth is that we Nigerians are so used to paying people to do things for us. For example why would one be paying somebody to process visa or register a business name instead of going to d embassy yourself or the CAC.

Ok take a look at international passport, peop;e still pay agents to do ut for them when they can get cheaper and easier at the immigration office.

All the same just open your eyes and be watchul.

Somebody said if it is too good to be true then it is. but from my experience, there are sometimes that it could be really true.

like when i first heard about travelling to some countries without visa, i seriously doubted. but i still bought the information which explained and enlightened me about what is called visa waiver programs and bilateral trade programs between certain countries that one could take advantage of. from then i stopped always being skeptical. that doesn't mean i haven't been scammed by some o! but i am more careful now and i haven't had such experience for a long while now.

I prefer paying more to be mentored rather than getting manuals which you may not fully comprehend.

The bottom line is that most Nigerians don't read. How many nairalanders do you think have or would read this thread? I leave that for you to answer.

The wise ones like you will always come from time to time to get updated.

Ahine your eye sha o!
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Betxy(f): 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
4 me i feel we should all be careful. our problem is impatience and greediness. our image is gettin spoilt out there everyday. playsafe
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by chimik: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2009
I believe that scammers on nairaland lack knowledge and self dignity. Why should someone scam his brother. We are all one people. Why don't nigerians help each other instead of scamming them
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by defman: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2009
Recently, scammers have taken to building scamming websites. They write lots of success stories about people who got rich and tell you things like "Earn N100k monthly", often showing you a screen shot of their GTB account or something like that. If you click, they'll tell you to pay an amount into their account after which they'll send you a package which will teach you all you need to know to make a large amount monthly. These guys are scammers to the core. The packages are usually a collection of e-books which they downloaded from somewhere and that money is not guaranteed in any way. Deal with them at your own risk!!!
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by econsult(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2009
We cannot rule out scamming on a site like this we only need to be more vigilant.I believe we should take note of the scammers already mentioned and mention more of them as we get to know the.Yahoo boys patronize this site well for their nefarious acts so you too must be careful of the offers you subscribe too.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by winta2007(m): 4:57am On Aug 21, 2009
God help naija.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by routik(m): 12:33am On Aug 23, 2009
in my own opinion, i think we need an ethical hacker who we can complain to and submit the email address of all these scammers so that he/she can restrict access to their email address. at least that can make them loose some things.

i use to have that mindset of make quick money through the internet, forgetting my career totally, but i thanked God for making me to realize and went back for more research in the career i hv choosen in life. and now i feel satisfied with the whole thing. ONLINE QUICK MONEY MAKERS GO AND DISCOVER YOUR REAL SELF AND CAREER/PURPOSE IN LIFE (IT'S ADDICTIVE).

further suggestions are welcomed.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Signorina: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2009
[b][/b]It's quite true that there are lots of fraudsters on the net especially in forum. However, we as noble individuals need to be careful on our own sides too. lets not be foolish or greedy. I will suggest the following:
1. Buy liberty reserve from well known exchangers inthe country, there are a good number of them, even though there prices may be high, I won;t mention them cos I am not advertizing for them but if u need them you can reply to this post.
2. before doing business with any prospect, ensure you create a relationship. you don't just meet someone today who claims he deals in one business or the other and part with ur 100,000. That's foolishness. you hve to to know whom you are dealing with. if he'she lives in ur city, go to his office. There are lots of ways to know.
3. If you want to do business with a new person, start out with small amount and watch for a while before investing huge amount. i do this all the time.
There are more of these tips i'll like to share but time won't permit. FACE TO FACE MEETING WITH YOUR PEOSPECTIVE BUYER IS NECESSARY.
Goodluck to you all.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by lordkrato(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2009
I must say that before i joined this forum, i was sceptical about doing e-business with nigerians and now my fears have been confirmed.There is a godwin but i dont remember his username who poses as a mandate to a buyer of blco.he says that i should sign the draft of contract,send it to his mail and all without even seeing him!!!!.c'mon, who would do such and i told him lets meet,he says he is in abuja and i say okay am going to fly down there and he tels me another story.seriously nigerians need to wake up ratherb than dreaming about cash that they havent even touched.Especially the younger generation.Besides that i also need AGO of 100,000 metric tonnes and don;t need additional time wasterers,
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by danieee(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2009
let their names, phone no;s account nos and all other details be posted here. For me, i hardly do business with people that dont have a contact address, phone no. or website,
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by infocaster: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
The word to note is due diligence.

Before buying any product or service, do consultations, ask questions, browse the Internet to more about the stuff you want to get. all these could even help you to know if it's true or a scam.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by mccloud224(m): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Topic

It's a damn shame

@NL scammers

Shame on you.How una go dey scam fellow 9ja people wey dey suffer like una?Na levels be dat one or wetin?If you wan scam, do am offshore.Leave struggling 9ja people alone.It's lame.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by lightest(m): 9:37am On Sep 08, 2009
seems  some of us are very greedy. thats point blank. like that of wonder bank imagine a friend of mine paid 300k to collect 999k sure he collected the money and he went ahead to put all the 999k to collect 3M or 4M and the whole thing just went away. I must tell you i put my own money there too when i saw th output of 300k (greed)  but mine was minimal.  this guy brother was rearing catfish worth 1.3M  and he was making his cool money because his brother collected the first payment he sold all the fishes and put the money in the so call wonder bank only to loose all the money likewise all the family member(greed).

in 2005, there was a mail that came to my yahoo box that says i am offered a free trip to US. That i should just arrange 9 more people to make ten so that we can go together. after much taking and correspondence, they told me my team had been selected and that there is one conference in Ghana that we must first attend before the US conference. then the lady said we should pay to one bank in Ghana for that conference and that will make them to be double sure that we will return home after the US conference. imagine they wanted to scam me but i must tell you i almost fell for it.

My advice is discretion matter most. read and understand every bit of your transaction.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by seyibobo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2009
Forumites,

Let us not go off track.
Please, give the names and details of
all the scammers on this noble forum.

Always remember the rule: If it is too
good to be True, Then it is not.

Buyers beware.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
dont be suprise that d scammers might be here as well cry

grin angry cool

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Lwealth: 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
Inasmuch the bible even said that the ingdom of God suferred voilence and the voilence takes it by FORCE. Scammers are to be taken and evicted by fire by force. God will have mercy.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Lwealth: 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2009
You welcome,
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by lightwalk(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2009
Yeah, there should be a list of their usernames here. I hate the idea of this stuff
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by ifyalways(f): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2009
carlos,u and ur fake cheap computers,arent u one of them ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Business To Start With 2 Million / Fashola, Dangote, Obi Others At Access Bank's Christmas Party / Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.