Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! (23966 Views)

4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria / Let's Expose The Various Strategies Required To Make Money In Nigeria. / Lets Expose Scammers Here, Please Read Before You Transact: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2009
ugbesbee:

my experience is similar to yours too. I was defraude by one Carlos, he promised to send me 8 types of online business but after much persuasions he decided to send some junks to me after which I av already paid in 8k. so beware of him, he is carlos. his no is 08063052827. beware of carlos, he is very calous.

I have posted details of what happened between me and this Mr Steve who said I scammed him and sent junks to him but Nairaland keeps hiding the post and then deleting it. I don't know if may be they introduced a new software that doesn't allow long posts but I will post it here once again.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 8:15am On Nov 26, 2009
My detailed reply to this post has been attached in this post.

Pls house kindly download the word document and then read for urself.

There are really individual differences in Life. I have sold many packages and many did not get it when I send to their mail but they call my attention with care and I resend it. This man did not rather choose to insult my personality and Integrity.

We are waiting for u ,

I rest my case for now,

Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by OpsE1: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2009
CarlosVent:

My detailed reply to this post has been attached in this post.

Pls house kindly download the word document and then read for urself.

There are really individual differences in Life. I have sold many packages and many did not get it when I send to their mail but they call my attention with care and I resend it. This man did not rather choose to insult my personality and Integrity.

We are waiting for u ,

I rest my case for now,

I do not really know what transpired between the two of you, but in business such things do happen, you can be misinterpreted and abuse but onus lies on you to clear your name by obeying the agreement between the two of you irrespective of whatever he has said or done.So far you're holding his money witholding his product is not the best.
I expect you to fulfil your part of the agreement and point out where he got it wrong.
Witholding of his product and this bad publicity may not be too good for your business, you might think you have many customers today, but I'm telling you this bad publicity may deny you of many more people aspiring to do business with you.
Just a piece of advise.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by toosoon(m): 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2009
I got this mail from omar.hassan5@gmail.com

Dear trusted one,

Hope my regards met you in good and happy mood. I am Jnr.Hassan Omar Conte from Republic of Guinea. I came across your profile in my diligent search for someone I can build trust relationship in solving our family emergency.

Owing to the instability of our social and political system today in Republic of Guinea and the incidence of the Military taking over power since 9months ago till date, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8280603.stm We have been suffering a political state of emergency.

My ultimate interest why I am contacting you is to ensure that our family is safe and our belongings secured as we have decided to Migrate to the overseas upon the successful resolution of these emergency.

With respect to the last will made by my late father EL Habib Lamine Conte, I have been legally appointed before date to manage our family finance and 200kgs of gold dust as our family properties, as the first and only son. Presently, we are having an urgent need of someone who can stand as our family foreign beneficiary to enable us process for the claim and release of these special fund and 200kgs of gold deposited as a family treasure in one of the top security and insurance company here in Guinea, Conakry.

This family treasure is deposited by my late father to be utilized for his personal intend projects to the United State, further information concerning this fund will be fully related to you in our further communication.

I hope I am communicating to the right person for this and I prefer for some security reasons to keep my arrangement and communication with you highly confidential. In your interest and positive response, I will send you the basic information and proof to advance rapidly forward.

Hope to hearing from you soonest.
Kind Regards
Jnr. H.O.Conte
Home Address: Rue 731 Commune De Dixinn.
email omar.hassan5@gmail.com
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2009
Ops E:

I do not really know what transpired between the two of you, but in business such things do happen, you can be misinterpreted and abuse but onus lies on you to clear your name by obeying the agreement between the two of you irrespective of whatever he has said or done.So far you're holding his money witholding his product is not the best.
I expect you to fulfil your part of the agreement and point out where he got it wrong.
Witholding of his product and this bad publicity may not be too good for your business, you might think you have many customers today, but I'm telling you this bad publicity may deny you of many more people aspiring to do business with you.
Just a piece of advise.

I am an internet marketer and also an importer of computers. I have a good reputation and also clients satisfaction as my main aim and that's why I have grown the company to be the best in Nigeria.

The guy in questions here posted and has ran away. I have got so many text messages of insult from him and emails which I just decided not to talk to him or send anything but I did. What I gave him was even more than what he paid for.

I will also love him to come in here and then show his face lets hear from him.

Have never gotten this type of insult in computer business not even when people commit a lot of money for importation of units in my hands without seeing them. still they comport themselves and My company imports what ever they paid for , for them.

I just understood that there are individual difference.

Mr Steve pls show urself here.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
too_soon:

I got this mail from omar.hassan5@gmail.com

Dear trusted one,

Hope my regards met you in good and happy mood. I am Jnr.Hassan Omar Conte from Republic of Guinea. I came across your profile in my diligent search for someone I can build trust relationship in solving our family emergency.

Owing to the instability of our social and political system today in Republic of Guinea and the incidence of the Military taking over power since 9months ago till date, http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8280603.stm We have been suffering a political state of emergency.

My ultimate interest why I am contacting you is to ensure that our family is safe and our belongings secured as we have decided to Migrate to the overseas upon the successful resolution of these emergency.

With respect to the last will made by my late father EL Habib Lamine Conte, I have been legally appointed before date to manage our family finance and 200kgs of gold dust as our family properties, as the first and only son. Presently, we are having an urgent need of someone who can stand as our family foreign beneficiary to enable us process for the claim and release of these special fund and 200kgs of gold deposited as a family treasure in one of the top security and insurance company here in Guinea, Conakry.

This family treasure is deposited by my late father to be utilized for his personal intend projects to the United State, further information concerning this fund will be fully related to you in our further communication.

I hope I am communicating to the right person for this and I prefer for some security reasons to keep my arrangement and communication with you highly confidential. In your interest and positive response, I will send you the basic information and proof to advance rapidly forward.

Hope to hearing from you soonest.
Kind Regards
Jnr. H.O.Conte
Home Address: Rue 731 Commune De Dixinn.
email omar.hassan5@gmail.com

PLS IGNORE THE MAIL. ITS A REAL REAL SCAM.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by henchmark: 10:40am On Dec 04, 2009
its a shame when young men and women at their young age completely run out of ideas on how to go on in life rather they resort to eating from peoples pockets, its AN ABSOLUTE LACK OF HOPE!!!!!!!!

[size=18pt]BEWARE OF :

ONOME ALGOOD- UKAVBE
GUARANTY TRUST BANK ACCOUNT NO:2077028811590

HE IS NOTHING BUT A CHEAP THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
henchmark:

its a shame when young men and women at their young age completely run out of ideas on how to go on in life rather they resort to eating from peoples pockets, its AN ABSOLUTE LACK OF HOPE!!!!!!!!

[size=18pt]BEWARE OF :

ONOME ALGOOD- UKAVBE
GUARANTY TRUST BANK ACCOUNT NO:2077028811590

HE IS NOTHING BUT A CHEAP THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

PLS STATE WHAT HE DID OR THE DEAL U HAD WITH HIM LETS KNOW WHY UR CALLING HIM NAMES
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by intom: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2009
wilfred001 is scammer-online job cry
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by CarlosVent(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2009
intom:

wilfred001 is scammer-online job cry

WHAT AND HOW DID HE SCAM U.

STATE UR EXPERIENCE LETS KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU HERE
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2009
can someone suggest how much i can get liberty reserve, e-bullion or web-money for and where i can get it within Lagos.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by tkb417(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2009
honeric01:

can someone suggest how much i can get liberty reserve, e-bullion or web-money for and where i can get it within Lagos.
what do u people use all these things for?
u wanna lose ur money?

ol boi use mastercard or visa. whats e-bullion?

electronic bullion van or what?

@topic
unaa just dey fall mugu
i tire o
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2009
tkb417:

what do u people use all these things for?
u wanna lose your money?

ol boi use mastercard or visa. whats e-bullion?

electronic bullion van or what?

it's because of what i need to use it for, that's why i am looking for where to buy these e-currencies for a cheaper rate. i use diamond bank dom for wire transfer but their charges are just too much for me within ($45-$50) for a transfer within $100-$500. that's ridiculous.

anyways, their visa card is naira and i heard can't be used on international sites, so how can i get the mastercard or visa card you are talking about?
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by tkb417(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2009
honeric01:

it's because of what i need to use it for, that's why i am looking for where to buy these e-currencies for a cheaper rate. i use diamond bank dom for wire transfer but their charges are just too much for me within ($45-$50) for a transfer within $100-$500. that's ridiculous.

anyways, their visa card is naira and i heard can't be used on international sites, so how can i get the mastercard or visa card you are talking about?
they charge between 45-50 for 500 ? thts huge
mine is about 10 for 500

you can walk in to any GTBank branch and ask for a prepaid mastercard. minimum is 100 i guess and the charge shldnt be more than10 dollars

its better, in the medium/long term, try gettin a mastercard from GTbank tht will be linked to ur DOM accts. Their charges shdnt be tht prohibitive as it obtains with Diamond
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 9:21am On Dec 11, 2009
tkb417:

they charge between 45-50 for 500 ? thts huge
mine is about 10 for 500

you can walk in to any GTBank branch and ask for a prepaid mastercard. minimum is 100 i guess and the charge shldnt be more than10 dollars

its better, in the medium/long term, try gettin a mastercard from GTbank tht will be linked to your DOM accts. Their charges shdnt be tht prohibitive as it obtains with Diamond

so all i need do is just to walk into any of their branches, ask for the prepaid master or visa card? but i don't bank with them, does it matter? and what about documents and stuffs like that?
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by tkb417(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2009
honeric01:

so all i need do is just to walk into any of their branches, ask for the prepaid master or visa card? but i don't bank with them, does it matter? and what about documents and stuffs like that?
u dont need an ccount for the pre-paid card (mastercard)

i dont think u need any documents. Im not using the pre-paid card. Just walk in and make enquiries
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2009
tkb417:

u dont need an ccount for the pre-paid card (mastercard)

i dont think u need any documents. Im not using the pre-paid card. Just walk in and make enquiries

thought u dey use am
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by tkb417(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2009
i dont use a pre-paid but i have the normal mastercard-(linked to ma dom acct)

the pre-paid is not linked to ur dom. u pick it up and pay off d shelf
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by honeric01(m): 11:22am On Dec 11, 2009
ok thanks
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by here2helpu(m): 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2009
Thanks forumites for this thread.
I was recently scammed by one hurdinvestment Network. The person that introduced me gave me his details as:

Evg David Tamilayo
House on the Rock Church
17 Lawal street
Jibowu, Lagos State
e-mail: talk2mrdavid@gmail.com
GSM: 07032289990

The Bank account used: First Bank Plc
Acct Name: Harrisson Yemi Paul
Acct No. 1973010188210

Coy Name: Hurdinvestment Network
e-mail address: hurdinvestmentnetwork@gmail.com
Blog: hurdinvestmentnetwork..com

The guy foolishly sent me another mail of recent introducing the same investment to me. He has now introduced himself as being in the church branch in the North, no more Lagos.

Pls be ware, he is a scammer.

They will promise to help you use your money for Forex investment with profit. Don't fall victim like I did.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by 2helpu(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
I was scammed recently to the tune of N30,000

Forumites, pls be ware of one Evg/Pst. David Tamilayo of hurdinvestment Network. He usually introduce forex investment. He is a scammer.

His e-mail: talk2mrdavid@gmail.com
phone: 0703228990
site. hurdinvestmentnetwork, .com

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by mckelli(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
Online services needs online payment system, use owode account for your online transactions in Nigeria, vissit us at 4/6 mobolaji bank anthony street (formerly oil mill) off broad street Lagos Island or log onto www.owode.com for more information and registration.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by hurbaro: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
mr ops, so sorry man and to all those who have fallen for these people, why should a fellow nigerian dupe his brother?, continue exposing them, god go catch them
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2009
People should stop looking for easy money like d saying 'easy come easy go'. Its unfortunate dat inspite of d endownments given to humans they still prefers d path of self destruction. Shame on all scammers, cos they thereby their own hell!
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by mckelli(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2009
We are enterprenuer concious in Nigeria, but we need to curb our inordinate desires, you and i knows there are no gurranties in business, then somebody say's "make ten millon within a month with gurranties it's scam because business is sowing to reap. Most of us the scam victims are dishonest and greedy, so we have to watch our online transactions closely if possible throw it open to the house for advice and enquiry before involving your hard earned money.
Re: Let's Expose Scammers Here - Read before you transact! by IMExpert: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
yeah,

that's nice.

i know of Maxwell Iwe. He's a scammer and has duped me N3,000 for getting

a Master card here in NIgeria. Ipaid him about 6 months ago. he promised to get it

within 15days. Imagine! 6mnths now; no money, no card. Beware of him. he's aScam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

CBN Did Not Devalue The Naira! / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs / Business To Start With 2 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.