Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,897 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight (7809 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by Theblessed(f): 2:37am On Jan 22, 2009
Did I hear you are pregnant?  So, why are your husband complaining?  He should know that women in this situation crave for alot of things and dislike certain foods/smells too.  If he does not know, take him to one of your antenatal clasess there, other women will teach him how to be a supportive husband. 

You see, you are pregnant please do nothing because any drastic measures you took now to loose weight in order please this hopeless and cruel husband of yours will have an impact on your life and baby - What's more important to you?  Is it your life and the life of your unborn child or pleasing a hopeless man??

If he does not fancy or love you any more,  he can go and I'm sure he will probably end up with a woman who wouldn't get pregnant - show me the one who wouldn't get pregnant or want children?   Men come and go, women come and go too but your children will hang in for you - your choice.  I know a woman is at her most vulnerable when pregnant but don't take the shit,  ok.  Look after yourself and the baby but eat sensibly because the baby gets his/her nutrition from you and if he/she grows too big inside you it will be quite difficult to have a natural birth, you know what I mean, ?  Unless you've decided it's going to be C-section, that's ok too.

Take care and good luck with the baby!
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by Sapphic: 6:40am On Jan 22, 2009
Some men are just losers. angry A woman is carrying your baby and all you can think of is complain that she is putting on weight. angry May God save us from men o. undecided
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by ekoboy: 6:52am On Jan 22, 2009
NLsi think we are all making  too many comments and giving too many advice without enough info on the situation on ground. If the only reason she is getting fat is because she is pregnant, i doubt her husband will complain too much. i mean it makes sense that she will increase. I suspect she was already getting fat before the pregnancy and the husband was already complaining and now the pregnancy is here, he does see any connection between getting fat and pregnancy. I think the lady in question should give us more detail and this will help all of us, married and unmarried understand the effects of increase in body weight.

We can all shout how we love our spouses, but am sure a measure of that love is due to the physical attributes of the person. Ppl should not crucify anyman for saying he does not like fat women. Women also don't like some kind of men.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by spikedcylinder: 9:15am On Jan 22, 2009
tatooboy:

choco,

R u married? If your not, please dont talk on this matter. If you are then you can talk. You say her husband is selfish, if the man leaves her, do you want to go and take her place? Once In marriage in Nigeria, i dont know about other places in the world, women are disadvantaged, my previous thread, simply speaks my advice.

Once again, i will say that she should please plead with her hubby for this while she is preg and she should promise her husband she will lose all that fat after the baby.

For the women in the house, dont you know some men like me lose errection and atimes unsustainable long period of sex when we are with fat women, mayb her hubby is like that too. This problem is more complex than you people think o. Dont push your husband out, if he is not already out.

Wtf? shocked shocked shocked She needs to plead with him before she's allowed to put on baby weight when she's pregnant?
Oh my. . . . there is doom in the world.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by tatooboy: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Wtf? shocked shocked shocked She needs to plead with him before she's allowed to put on baby weight when she's pregnant?
Oh my. . . . there is doom in the world.

spikedcylinder,

Please always remember, we all are not the same. Its the woman that knows what she is going thru. I have not said she should not put on weight while carrying a baby, loosing weight now could be suicidal. But very necessary after the child birth. You must always remember that men are moved by what they see. Thats the way men are factored.

If i am not mistaking, the issue of weight gain would have been there before she got pregnant and it has only become more of an issue now that she is preg. The beauty of marrying a woman is to enjoy her body sexually before children start to come, if you dont enjoy your wife before children start coming, is when children start coming that you will enjoy her? Women you all knw that 80% of your attention shifts from hubby to child after child birth. Madam, abeg pitty your husband and let him enjoy you even after the kid has come.

Rest ma case.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by hbrednic: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2009
tatooboy:

spikedcylinder,

Please always remember, we all are not the same. Its the woman that knows what she is going thru. I have not said she should not put on weight while carrying a baby, loosing weight now could be suicidal. But very necessary after the child birth. You must always remember that men are moved by what they see. Thats the way men are factored.

If i am not mistaking, the issue of weight gain would have been there before she got pregnant and it has only become more of an issue now that she is preg. The beauty of marrying a woman is to enjoy her body sexually before children start to come, if you dont enjoy your wife before children start coming, is when children start coming that you will enjoy her? Women you all knw that 80% of your attention shifts from hubby to child after child birth. Madam, [b]abeg pitty your husband and let him enjoy you even after the kid has come.[/b]Rest ma case.

may God save this world,
women has been turned into vegetable soup embarassed
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by ladej(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2009
men this thread na wa o. take it easy folks. the best advice is eat well for two and once you deliver, start working out after 2 months or so[incase u have to heal from stitches]. your husband has to be patient and considerate after all his mother was once pregnant with him !
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by waterworks(f): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2009
What shall it profit a woman if she gain the whole weight and loose her husband??
dats not rite but that shit is funny!!! lol!
ok heres the deal u shouldnt be loosing any weight ure pregnant. That doesn’t mean you should be flying 4 dress sizes up oh. Hands on earThere is no such thing as eating for two! That’s just a fallacy cooked up by expecting mothers wantin to comfort eat! Medically that’s rubbish it doesn’t make any difference to the health of the baby if you eat one or two plates. I mean think abt it really form that whole second round the baby can probably eat 2 spoons! Everything lands on ure ass hehe! Eat healthy dont eat junk eat plenty of fruits vegetables you should get as nice and rosy as an expectin mother should. And its good for the baby too! Relax and put ure foot up ure expecting!

Ure husband obviously likes them nice and slim and hes worried ure gonna get fat. Forgive him hes naïve and hes doesn’t know that every mother does put on a bit of weight. dnt worry abt that. wen the baby comes with all the midnight feeding and rocking the baby to sleep every minute ull lose the weight! That’s the natural way God planned it and if u don’t, get right back on the horse and screw ure way back to size 0!
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by spikedcylinder: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2009
tatooboy:

spikedcylinder,

If i am not mistaking, the issue of weight gain would have been there before she got pregnant and it has only become more of an issue now that she is preg. The beauty of marrying a woman is to enjoy her body sexually before children start to come, if you dont enjoy your wife before children start coming, is when children start coming that you will enjoy her? Women you all knw that 80% of your attention shifts from hubby to child after child birth. Madam, abeg pitty your husband and let him enjoy you even after the kid has come.

Rest ma case.

Yes of course, everyone is different.
I would definitely kick my husband to the cosmetic surgeon the moment I see he's losing a bit of hair, develops frown lines, gets a pouch from drinking too much with the lads. Heck, I'd kick him to the cosmetic surgeon if he has renal failure. After all, of what use is he to me when his kidneys can't perform? I wont be able to enjoy him then. Abeg tattooboy, you are so right! I totally concur! undecided
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by SweetT1: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2009
Follow this diet and i'm sure your unborn baby will thank you.

Breakfast = Cereal with a lot of milk then top that some egg,cheese and bagel.

Lunch = Amala and gbegiri with Liver, pomo, ogunfe and Bush meat.

Dinner = Semo vita with some ewedu and lots of meat.

Just before bed time = Snicker bar or Kit kat. then top that with some Orange juice.

You will look radiant and your Baby will thank you.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by ladej(m): 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2009
Yes of course, everyone is different.
I would definitely kick my husband to the cosmetic surgeon the moment I see he's losing a bit of hair, develops frown lines, gets a pouch from drinking too much with the lads. Heck, I'd kick him to the cosmetic surgeon if he has renal failure. After all, of what use is he to me when his kidneys can't perform? I wont be able to enjoy him then. Abeg tattooboy, you are so right! I totally concur!

hehehehehe
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by Lem: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2009
Point taking,we ladies need to watch wat we eat married or single, but come to think of it,is it only the women who should be watching thr weight, nobody said anything about da guys watching thr weight
i sure know dat i dont want to end up with a big round man sitting on da couch and waiting for me to come serve him his meal, or a man who ll play wit da kids and after 5mins startgasping for air as if he just finish a maraton,
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by JJYOU: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2009
this is getting ridiculous. what is wrong in a woman slimming down after pregnancy?  do fat women get some special benefits we dont know about? common sense please.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by tatooboy: 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2009
Sincerely, it would be unfair if we do not talk of how guys carelessly also add weight. I as a person know i have tendencies of adding weight, so what did i do to keep in shape. I am is 6" 1ft and because of this, some people say its good to look like a hunk, i look like one but it doesnt shark me. I try and eat lunch usually around 3 pm, hardly breakfast, lean dinner, ensuring my tummy does not bulge out. For a healthy life style, eat maximum 2ce a day. Thats my policy, try it and it would help you.

Me sef as a man, i hate it when i see men in suit and they have protruding tummies. Gush!!!. I hate tht. So guys, if you know you have the tendencies of adding weight, watch it, because one of the reasons your wife married you could been as a result of your trim physique (may be i said o) before you start saying women marry for money only. Its always good to look trim, fit and sexy.

3 gbosas for all the men in d house.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by spikedcylinder: 7:54am On Jan 23, 2009
So that justifies a woman having to plead to her husband before she's allowed to add pregnancy weight?
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by WhiteHalo(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2009
When I saw the caption of the topic "Please Help, My husband is complaining about my weight( Pregnant Woman) I went into a rage, and I was already insulting him using all kinds of animals (being a husband with my wife expecting a baby-and I know we had to reeeeally excercise faith in God before we got our miracle baby), Then I slowed down and thought for a second.

The doctors (in their prenatal class or whatever) taught the expectant mothers not to over-eat for their health sake, and so the baby would not be too big, and won't cause tearing during delivery.

So, Sister, consult your doctor o! Or go thru the internet (there are a lot of 'eat' and 'don't-eat')
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by WhiteHalo(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2009
Oh, and for those women complaining about why guys don't watch their weight, 2 reasons:

1. Most women are more concerned about the weight of His wallet, and we watch our weight there, Like leopard watching antelope going to fetch water

2. Most women I know even take it as a sign of accomplishment if their guys, or husbands gain weight.

We are going thru what you are going thru too, only differently
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by tayoast(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
U GUYS ARE GROWN UPS RIGHT? and i presume u know what dialogue means.

Hope he's not as stubborn as i think he is.

Make him see reasons u guys might lose d baby if u embark on some measures (just 2 satisfy him)

Pls talk 2 him and if he changeth not, GIVE THE BABY MAX. PRORITY!!
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by ladykool(f): 1:50am On Jan 26, 2009
NA WA O FOR SOME MEN IN THIS WORLD! honestly some men are just so stupid, useless and selfish that they only think of themselves and nothing else. if he didnt loved u for who u are then why did he marry u in the first place and if it was the pregnancy he is definetly a foolish man and u should have known how he was before you married him
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by KarmaMod(f): 1:56am On Jan 26, 2009
White Halo:

2. Most women I know even take it as a sign of accomplishment if their guys, or husbands gain weight.

I suggest you get with the program. That might have been true 50 yrs ago. not anymore. Accomplishment is taking care of oneself, not being an obese potbelly man who ends up diabetic complications.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by spikedcylinder: 9:05am On Jan 26, 2009
White Halo:

Oh, and for those women complaining about why guys don't watch their weight, 2 reasons:

1. Most women are more concerned about the weight of His wallet, and we watch our weight there, Like leopard watching antelope going to fetch water

We are going thru what you are going thru too, only differently

Na wa for the kind women that surround you sha. undecided
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by WhiteHalo(m): 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
KarmaMod:

I suggest you get with the program. That might have been true 50 yrs ago. not anymore. Accomplishment is taking care of oneself, not being an obese potbelly man who ends up diabetic complications.

Play fair Karma; Gaining weight is not equivalent to being obese, else you'd say the lady that started this post stating she wants to lose weight is obese.

All I'm saying is a lot of Nigerian women like seeing a notable difference in how their husbands look after they get married (not being the bonga fish of their bachelordays). And women who are house wivies (even those who are not) do have a sense of accomplishment in taking care of their husbands, their children, and their homes, not merely themselves.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by spikedcylinder: 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2009
I have a few good things to say about that but you were talking to Karma so i'd just leave it be.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by WhiteHalo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2009
Its a free country.

Speak your mind, and you'd be heard. We agree or disagree here in Nairaland (and occasionally, concede and change our opinions)
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by spikedcylinder: 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
Gah! Never mind, I have forgotten what I wanted to say anyway. grin
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by Skidoc(m): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2009
Some wise words there from FrecklesNz. Poster, please take her advice.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by KarmaMod(f): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2009
Play fair Karma; Gaining weight is not equivalent to being obese, else you'd say the lady that started this post stating she wants to lose weight is obese.

All I'm saying is a lot of Nigerian women like seeing a notable difference in how their husbands look after they get married (not being the bonga fish of their bachelordays). And women who are house wivies (even those who are not) do have a sense of accomplishment in taking care of their husbands, their children, and their homes, not merely themselves

You're the one making excuses for weight gain on men by claiming that having a potbelly is an act of "accomplishment"

Btw one doesnt have to be obese to get Type 2 Diabetes.
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by babe1(f): 6:52am On Jan 27, 2009
If infact you are pregnant, it is a crime to think of losing weight and you should be arrested. What happened to eating right and healthy. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Less carbs, anything more than 30 carbs is a no no. Drink lots of water. It all depends on where you are too, if in Africa, less pounded yam and red oil. But please lose weight after the baby comes. Good luck!
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by benlegacy(m): 11:32am On Mar 07, 2009
mind u, ur body belongs to God not to him. Didn't him see you before he fianlly agree in taking you to the alta huh,,,Ask him that question?
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by almoner(m): 11:11am On Feb 06, 2011
>se energy expenditure

<se calorie intake
Re: Pls Help My Husband Is Compaining About My Weight by akanke79: 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2011
check out this website about a American african lady who lost about 70lbs in 2months.The site includes her diet,exercise and schedules etc.
http://www.easywayshow.com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? / Your husband cheats. Now what? / PICS: What Happens When Girl Walks Around With NO TROUSERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.