Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

How To Identify A Good Wife Material - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Identify A Good Wife Material (44562 Views)

5 Ways To Identify A Love-Starved Guy / 5 Ways To Identify A Hungry Girl In Nigeria / 8 Ways To Identify A Lady That Is Not Broke. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2014
andromida:

Word!
thanks deary
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by princeozzilly(m): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2014
CityNG:

Answers embeded above.

Any woman that answers to all of this must be an emere.
see as you turn everything UPSIDEDOWN. Ha! Anyway even false Prophets can turn the bible UPSIDEDOWN and make Jesus and Moses look like gang bandits. *OP winks and sips a cup of coffee*
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2014
princeozzilly:
see as you turn everything UPSIDEDOWN. Ha! Anyway even false Prophets can turn the bible UPSIDEDOWN and make Jesus and Moses look like gang bandits. *OP winks and sips a cup of coffee*

E be as e get.
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by princeozzilly(m): 1:15am On Dec 16, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You don't want a wife, my good man, you want a goddess.

And there is no such thing as a human goddess.

Sorry.....but you will get the wife you need, not the wife of your dreams.

Modified

We all want perfect women(including yours truly....single male), but the issue is there is no such thing as the perfect woman. Human beings are too imperfect. We lie, we stink, we are lazy, we have weaknesses, and we have habits that disgust others.

But one thing I tell meself is that I hope that I am not too vacuous to settle down with a girl with the idea that she has to be perfect. Because when she turns out not to be perfect.....wahala dey.

As I said OP.....you do not want a wife....you want a human goddess. Unfortunately, they don't exist. So, while advising you not to search for second best., I advice you not to search for the Ideal....because the Ideal does not exist.

OP.....pray, and hope for a wife.....not a perfect being. Mankind and womankind are not perfect. (Unless you want to wait till the year 2700 ad.....when we would have beautiful and perfect androids....who will be tailor made for your every need.....at least till they break down grin...or take over the world!).

Addition

OP....I presume you are a Christian....recall that you are going into marriage for servant-hood , not so that you can be served....in the same way that Christ served the Church by laying down His life for our eternal salvation.
Oga madam, I won't be wrong if I presume that you use recommended glasses. If you don't then you're far too late and needs one. Where in this post did I talk about a perfect wife? Even the word "perfect" didn't appear anywhere in my post. Since when has "good" become a synonyme for "perfect"? Abeg park well joor. Must you reply a post if you don't have any valid rebuttal?
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 16, 2014
princeozzilly:
Oga madam, I won't be wrong if I presume that you use recommended glasses. If you don't then you're far too late and needs one. Where in this post did I talk about a perfect wife? Even the word "perfect" didn't appear anywhere in my post. Since when has "good" become a synonyme for "perfect"? Abeg park well joor. Must you reply a post if you don't have any valid rebuttal?

Good am

I recieved your post with the right amount of warm and benevolent feeling.

First, I happen to be a male, in case you did not notice.

Second,I read your list.And I still stand by what I wrote. Marriage isn't about what you want , or what your wife wants. It is about you being your wife's servant, and vice versa.

If you do not want to be dissapointed in your marital relationship, better forget about your list. Because in my long years of living on this earth, I have found out that people are imperfect. They disappoint you. They make you sad. They are not so good looking after a few years. They may give off some bad odor at times. And so on.

The lesson for you(and for me...I am after all a single man)...is that you do not need a well disciplined,beautiful wife...etc. No. You need to first learn the truth of Jesus's words. Love one another. Because if you do not learn how to love people.....EVEN when they do not meet all your specifications....you will get no where in your relationships.

(Especially when that perfect wife is not so perfect five years down the line.....it happens.).

Love people, even when they do not meet your specifications.That is what you need to do.

That's all.

Good morning.

P.S I suggest you read this article Marriage isn't for you by Seth Adam Smith.

Quote from the article...

[size=13pt]''No, a true marriage (and true love) is never about you. It's about the person you love--their wants, their needs, their hopes, and their dreams. Selfishness demands, "What's in it for me?" while Love asks, "What can I give?"[/size]

Hope you get it? smiley
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by princeozzilly(m): 9:13am On Dec 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Good am

I recieved your post with the right amount of warm and benevolent feeling.

First, I happen to be a male, in case you did not notice.

Second,I read your list.And I still stand by what I wrote. Marriage isn't about what you want , or what your wife wants. It is about you being your wife's servant, and vice versa.

If you do not want to be dissapointed in your marital relationship, better forget about your list. Because in my long years of living on this earth, I have found out that people are imperfect. They disappoint you. They make you sad. They are not so good looking after a few years. They may give off some bad odor at times. And so on.

The lesson for you(and for me...I am after all a single man)...is that you do not need a well disciplined,beautiful wife...etc. No. You need to first learn the truth of Jesus's words. Love one another. Because if you do not learn how to love people.....EVEN when they do not meet all your specifications....you will get no where in your relationships.

(Especially when that perfect wife is not so perfect five years down the line.....it happens.).

Love people, even when they do not meet your specifications.That is what you need to do.

That's all.

Good morning.

P.S I suggest you read this article Marriage isn't for you by Seth Adam Smith.

Quote from the article...

[size=13pt]''No, a true marriage (and true love) is never about you. It's about the person you love--their wants, their needs, their hopes, and their dreams. Selfishness demands, "What's in it for me?" while Love asks, "What can I give?"[/size]

Hope you get it? smiley
Thanks for not taking offence. I was only kidding.

Now, I don't think you still get my point, I never mentioned that people should seek a perfect wife. I also didn't mean that everyone should seek a good wife. I innocently made a list on how to identify a good wife and told babes to rate em'selves. A lady may possess 5, 6 or even 8 out of these features. Nothing on that list is extra-ordinary because I Know some ladies do possess em'charaxters. My mum has almost all these xteristics. Even my friend's wife has em as well so wot's the big deal about that.

We live in a polluted world where internet and other social media now influence and modify our behaviour. Back in the early 80s when there was not a rampant case of homosexuality, internet fraud, 419, plastic surgeries etc, today Its a different ball game.

If our ladies are less influenced by foreign cultures and way of life, attaining these features in my list will be a piece a cake.

Good morning
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by Adinije(f): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2014
While u are searching for a good wife material, make sur u are a good husband material.
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by princeozzilly(m): 5:01am On Dec 18, 2014
koyyes:
op is talking about a robot or a mannequin. One of his bizarre obsessions.
That you've never met such woman doesn't mean they don't exist. My mum has em qualities and my mother-in-law too. Also one of my Friend's wife as well. Are all these people robots?
Well, check yourself, your peers, your neigbourhood etc to be sure you aint surrounded by bad people who don't possess all/some of these qualities. You may have to relocate to the desert untill further Notice till we get you a better environment.
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by koyyess: 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
princeozzilly:
That you've never met such woman doesn't mean they don't exist. My mum has em qualities and my mother-in-law too. Also one of my Friend's wife as well. Are all these people robots?
Well, check yourself, your peers, your neigbourhood etc to be sure you aint surrounded by bad people who don't possess all/some of these qualities. You may have to relocate to the desert untill further Notice till we get you a better environment.
Oh please, spare me the talk. Just as decency means differents things to different people. I can bet that the people you gave as examples didn't display all the qualities you listed If their partners did not display the same qualities. Don't get ahead of yourself and don't insinuate my immediate environment- it would mean suicide to bank on it. Right here, we don't raise our females to be morons but intelligent beings.
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by Rapsodee(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
hmmm
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by princeozzilly(m): 7:08am On Jan 13, 2015
VickyyB:

It's not hard to do.

You are right. I don't need to be materialistic.
But, any girl who's materialistic shouldn't be blame because you guys objectify our beauty and we objectify your money. cool Draw-draw

What a short-sighted way of reasoning. If she must be a home keeper, there's no way she shouldn't be materialistic.

Good grin

Like seriously? undecided

Stùpidity and low self esteem.

In what ways?
It's 50/50. He obeys me and I obey him. smiley

If I am rich, I would be submissive and he will also be submissive.
A man can't make a home without a woman. cool

Good! A man shouldn't do the same. cool

Same as men.

10 over 10 cool
As op I can only manage to score you 2/10.
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by princeozzilly(m): 7:41am On Jan 13, 2015
koyyess:

Oh please, spare me the talk. Just as decency means differents things to different people. I can bet that the people you gave as examples didn't display all the qualities you listed If their partners did not display the same qualities. Don't get ahead of yourself and don't insinuate my immediate environment- it would mean suicide to bank on it. Right here, we don't raise our females to be morons but intelligent beings.
You are dead right, in showing how to identify a good wife, I did not insinuate that men are excused from being good and decent. Light must beget light and darkness must beget darkness. The only point I hold on to is that these qualities aren't from space or planet pluto, being a good wife is as simple as ABC.
Re: How To Identify A Good Wife Material by charlove(m): 10:54am On Jan 16, 2015

Thats' whats' up. Thank you. Yknow, I get that a lot even in person.

I do keep it real-
i'l like to know u more
can i?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Corpers Who Met On NYSC Camp / Couple Who Met In A Commercial Bus Weds (photos) / 22-Year-Old Black Lady & Her 71-Year-Old White Lover Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.