Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? (2363 Views)

You Want To Call Your Lover & Your Phone Is Dead... / When She Calls Out Your Bestfriend's Name During Sex / Ways To Make Your Lover Your Best Friend And Keep Them Falling In Love All Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by sillyboy(m): 10:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
@ Topic.

Presently,. . . . .hell NO!
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by smurf1(f): 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
sillyboy:

@ Topic.

Presently,. . . . .hell NO!

angry angry angry
For me yes, cool
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by sillyboy(m): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2008
~smurf:

angry angry angry
For me yes, cool

Y the angry face? tongue

For me, my best friend is a guy and I dont do guys. . . .am as straight as a nail. (A guy can never be my lover) grin
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by StephenP(m): 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2008
sillyboy:

Y the angry face?  tongue

For me, my best friend is a guy and I don't do guys. . . .am as straight as a nail. (A guy can never be my lover)  grin

You got it all wrong. She's asking if your girlfriend is your best friend?
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by sillyboy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2008
StephenP:

You got it all wrong. She's asking if your girlfriend is your best friend?

Stephen, we are still saying the samething here. My best friend is a man and not a girl. Best friend is someone you trust and can confide in easily be it a man or a woman. In this case, mine happens to be a man.
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by StephenP(m): 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2008
sillyboy:

Stephen, we are still saying the samething here. My best friend is a man and not a girl. Best friend is someone you trust and can confide in easily be it a man or a woman. In this case, mine happens to be a man.

LOL Oh God!

DaPhoenix:

One of my girlfriends is mad with her boyfriend because a picture posted on Facebook showing him with a some girl sitting on his lap and his arms wrapped around her . . . sorta like the way a boyfriend and girlfriend would. My friend was even madder because people kept calling her to ask if they'd broken up.

I called him up and asked him about her and he said that girl was his best friend and there was nothing going on between them. I then asked him why he couldn't hang out with his girlfriend like that. He said that he loved her but she is not his best friend; they don't share similiar interests.

Ladies: Is your boyfriend/husband your best friend? How would you feel hearing your boyfriend tell you that you are not his best friend?

Guys: Same as above . . . just switch it to girlfriend or whatever.

Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by debosky(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2008
Unfortunately this is common in a lot of young couples - you date someone for the attraction, the chemistry, the increased heart rate when you're around them. But often times, you don't get to do other things except boyfriend and girlfriend stuff - dates, romantic dinners and the like.

most of the time, before meeting this 'special someone' you have friends who you've grown together and share interests with - those ones are the ones that truly know you and share your heart.

Sometimes we get lucky and find that person who is already relatively in sync, or we date people we've been friends with first, so the 'normal hanging out' part is already there. In those cases, it's not an issue.

Many times though, the person who drives you crazy is not too crazy about the things you like - after the initial passion dies down, these differences become more evident and break ups usually occur and we wonder 'why did he leave me or why did she leave me? we were so in love'.

relationships are hard work, both parties need to make sure their partners are their very good friends, even if not best friends, and that they share similar passions even if they have others that are not shared. Most importantly, you need to TRY.

One of my gfs LOVED to watch next top model, and it would make me want to break something, but I gritted my teeth and watched it with her, and she appreciated it. Make an effort and you'll reap the benefits later on.
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by omitutu: 11:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
debosky:

Unfortunately this is common in a lot of young couples - you date someone for the attraction, the chemistry, the increased heart rate when you're around them. But often times, you don't get to do other things except boyfriend and girlfriend stuff - dates, romantic dinners and the like.

most of the time, before meeting this 'special someone' you have friends who you've grown together and share interests with - those ones are the ones that truly know you and share your heart.

Sometimes we get lucky and find that person who is already relatively in sync, or we date people we've been friends with first, so the 'normal hanging out' part is already there. In those cases, it's not an issue.

Many times though, the person who drives you crazy is not too crazy about the things you like - after the initial passion dies down, these differences become more evident and break ups usually occur and we wonder 'why did he leave me or why did she leave me? we were so in love'.

relationships are hard work, both parties need to make sure their partners are their very good friends, even if not best friends, and that they share similar passions even if they have others that are not shared. Most importantly, you need to TRY.

One of my gfs LOVED to watch next top model, and it would make me want to break something, but I gritted my teeth and watched it with her, and she appreciated it. Make an effort and you'll reap the benefits later on.

Now why can't I ever write posts like this. . . .

Sensible, well written, good syntax, and correct punctuation.

sad sad sad sad tongue
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tope2000(f): 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2008
debosky:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wink
Are u single tongue grin
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by JJYOU: 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2008
If
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by debosky(m): 11:53pm On Dec 03, 2008
The more important question is are YOU single? *I no want wahala from brap! brap! boys - Brash, Chamo and co.*  tongue
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by DavidDylan(m): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
omi tutu:

Now why can't I ever write posts like this. . . .

sad sad sad sad tongue

the debosky guy too know book. kai. grin

But i gotta agree, his post pretty much sums up my thots.
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by MrCrackles(m): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2008
debosky:

The more important question is are YOU single? *I no want wahala from brap! brap! boys - Brash, Chamo and co.*  tongue

Carry go Debosky! grin wink Brash lowo sii
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tope2000(f): 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2008
debosky:

Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Brash n i broke up na angry
Altho im with sauron now tongue
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by MrCrackles(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2008
Poster

Yes
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by StephenP(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2008
tope2000:

Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Brash n i broke up na angry
Altho I'm with sauron now tongue

*cough* Oh really?

@Debosky, that was pretty good.
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by omitutu: 12:02am On Dec 04, 2008
All this one wey una dey praise Debo so . . .

abegi, make e carry go

too much good sense will make a woman use man as aso akisa

angry angry angry
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tope2000(f): 12:03am On Dec 04, 2008
StephenP:

*cough* Oh really?.

Baby, u know we both have an understanding as to where we stand with each other kiss kiss
And have have been with Daphoenix all this while and i didnt complain but u know all u have to do is claim ya girl and I'm urs again grin grin grin
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by A40(m): 12:05am On Dec 04, 2008
Yes my lover would have to be my best friend because i don't exactly have friends that i am over intimate with so my lover is almost an automatic pick for the best friend spot
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by StephenP(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2008
omi tutu:

abegi, make e carry go

angry angry angry

Hating already? What happened to
omi tutu:

Now why can't I ever write posts like this. . .  .

sad sad sad sad tongue

tope2000:

Baby, u know we both have an understanding as to where we stand with each other kiss kiss
And have have been with Daphoenix all this while and i didnt complain but u know all u have to do is claim ya girl and I'm urs again grin grin grin

LOL . . . you're such a playa. I can't even keep up with you!
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tope2000(f): 12:11am On Dec 04, 2008
I learned from the best honey grin
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by debosky(m): 12:13am On Dec 04, 2008
Nothing to praise anyone about really, these are lessons I've learned the hard way over the years. Still learning some of them even now.

omi tutu:

angry angry angry
I get what you mean bro, you need some 'bad sense' too - moderation is the key wink

Personally, I don't really get into this 'best friend' thing - the last time I had a discernible 'best friend' was when I was in JSS 2/3 - after that I just had friends. I hung out with some more than others, but no one person that could be so defined as a 'best friend'. I just don't think they are necessary after a certain age.
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by StephenP(m): 12:16am On Dec 04, 2008
tope2000:

I learned from the best honey grin

Hmm . . . I know I didn't teach you that. I only remember teaching you to be more flexible with your legs and such but not that.  tongue
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by Pataki: 12:16am On Dec 04, 2008
omi tutu:

abegi, make e carry go

angry angry angry
This is so funny. Aso akisa indeed. grin cheesy grin

Where you not the one praising him the other time back? cheesy
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tope2000(f): 12:21am On Dec 04, 2008
StephenP:

Hmm . . . I know I didn't teach you that. I only remember teaching you to be more flexible with your legs and such but not that. tongue

Yeah . . . . . amongst other things grin kiss
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by DavidDylan(m): 12:24am On Dec 04, 2008
Tope - professional thread derailer . . . na railway station you dey work?
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by omitutu: 12:28am On Dec 04, 2008
No mind am. . . .e jus dey flash im Oyan Tutu for everybody
from lagbaja to emulewu tongue tongue
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tmoney11(m): 12:33am On Dec 04, 2008
Smiling !!!smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Your Lover Your Bestfriend? by tope2000(f): 12:40am On Dec 04, 2008
DavidDylan:

Tope - professional thread derailer . . . na railway station you dey work?

Babe no mind me o kiss grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Long Distance Relationship Work / .. / My Heart Is Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.