Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me (8581 Views)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining / What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! / Mining Industry In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Moji12(f): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
NgwaManNaija4LF:

I can help you.
there is a mining site up for sale in kogi though the owner wanted a partnership before deciding on selling it. If u need any more info u can contact me, so I will connect u with the person. He needs a buyer for it.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by aril: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
careidon:
where does one get dump trucks & other modern equipments to work on mines? rates too pls.

what's the local market like?
and what does exporting involve?

Kind you be specific on what kind of dump trucks and modern equipments you seek.

We brought in truck, mixers and excavators for one company in banana Island. Let me knw the particular type u want or whatsapp me for quick respond.

Whatsapp 07012981649
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by aril: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
joinnow:
I know some farm in Bauchi where you scratch the soil and you see lot of emarald etc blue, green shining stones. Do you know of any investor that interested in mining it.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mkmyers45(m): 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
AlagbaLekeLee:
Any idea about what's going on with Ajaokuta, Itakpe and all those sorts.
Are they all dead finally, or we still hoping in the lies of there resurrection that will soon come??

As with all things in Nigeria, We let the technology become obsolete and we spend billions of dollars trying to re-upgrade it. A lot of this money gets misappropriated and the cycle goes on and on

Dangote and co have shown that small, medium and even large scale power can work when the main aim is to make them work not to enrich yourself
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
Following
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mynamewilfred(m): 7:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
Dump trucks are available in the open market both for outright sales and hiring. Other mining equipment are equally available such as hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, Dozers, etc. You can get all of these on sales and hiring whenever you're ready.
When you say dump trucks, I hope you're referring to regular tippers and not ADTs.

Chat me up for more details 07062817234

careidon:
where does one get dump trucks & other modern equipments to work on mines? rates too pls.

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Dalighieri: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Are there amateur prospecting clubs like they have abroad in Nigeria.I mean where a group of investors pool resources together acquire land and mine on weekends
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by usmanktg2(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
I need small payloader for sale. Pls send specifications & price. No dogon turanchi.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2018
What government certifications do you need before you can go into mining business?
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by pankere(m): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Is it legal to just get on a land and start mining precious items without getting any authorisation from the govt? How does one start? Just a newbie question abeg

1 Like

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Aboguede(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
Yes I can confirm that every body here is talking about skull mining industry and yes it is a profitable business.

We the Afanja can attest to that

If u know u are here just to read comments and hit like/share just do so & pass
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ayusco85(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2018
mkmyers45:
I had a similar thread before the Nairaland storm and have decided to restart the thread

If you have any questions on the mining industry in Nigeria then ask away and i will do my best to advise you

Please how is LME price calculated? lets say a client gives you the price he is paying for lead ore at LME 42% / tonne. how is the calculation done? assuming LME for lead is $2800
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Abujalandlord: 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
a friend recently asked me to invest in his about to start coal business, i have not made up my mind yet...pls in need advice on how lucrative

or otherwise the business is............ thanks
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by DKM123: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
Intereseting. This are the kind of threads I need to start commenting on....
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
with over 1200 minerals scattered all over Nigeria terrain.the mining sector could have been another wealth pool for the country... from the cassiterite in Jos,to columbite in bauchi,to the bitumen in ogun, calcite in kogi,to the gold in sokoto..etc...we cant say we aren't rich but we lack the tecnical knowledge to processed these minerals to some useful products...
i just hate to hear people saying the country is broke..imagine companies are set up to processed half of all these minerals.. i bet you..we gonna have High capital GDP and less uneployment...
mining sector far outweights oil sector...
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ikorodureporta: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
gaetano:
How profitable is the skull mining industry? grin

v.big industry. Ppl are born everyday. Ppl also die everyday. So wht happens after burial? We have millions of skulls being deposited annually worldwide cheesy
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Jlow2: 9:09pm On Jul 16, 2018
ayusco85:

Please how is LME price calculated? lets say a client gives you the price he is paying for lead ore at LME 42% / tonne. how is the calculation done? assuming LME for lead is $2800
that means he is payin 42% of 2800$, Lme prices re based on 99.9 percent processed lead, because ur sell lead ore which can neva be 99.9% so he cant pay u 100% lme, so the quality of ur lead ore depends on how many % lme price he pays you.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by seyiojomu(m): 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
I can help here. I worked for Mantrac Caterpillar for almost 5yrs as a machine sales engineer and now currently with Bosch Power Tools. My strength is in construction machines. What exactly do you need?

careidon:

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ayusco85(m): 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
Jlow2:
that means he is payin 42% of 2800$, Lme prices re based on 99.9 percent processed lead, because ur sell lead ore which can neva be 99.9% so he cant pay u 100% lme, so the quality of ur lead ore depends on how many % lme price he pays you.

I thought as much. So for a grade of 40-45% lead ore, is it a fair price to be paid LME 42%?
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by funsho75(m): 9:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
mkmyers45:
I had a similar thread before the Nairaland storm and have decided to restart the thread

If you have any questions on the mining industry in Nigeria then ask away and i will do my best to advise you

I dey find work....

I need a mining related job
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Jodesky(m): 9:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
with over 1200 minerals scattered all over Nigeria terrain.the mining sector could have been another wealth pool for the country... from the cassiterite in Jos,to columbite in bauchi,to the bitumen in ogun, calcite in kogi,to the gold in sokoto..etc...we cant say we aren't rich but we lack the tecnical knowledge to processed these minerals to some useful products...
i just hate to hear people saying the country is broke..imagine companies are set up to processed half of all these minerals.. i bet you..we gonna have High capital GDP and less uneployment...
mining sector far outweights oil sector...

Do we have COBALT in high occurrence anywhere in Nigeria.?
There's an Investor who wants to set up a Cobalt mine in Nigeria.
Will appreciate any useful info on this asap.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ogene70: 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2018
Thank you op for this thread, I strongly believe this will be expository.
However , please is it possible to get the following in Nigeria;
1. manganese ore 40MN and higher
2. copper ore 13 CU and higher.

your response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by princecemo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
We have solid minerals such as Lead and Zinc for sale
Pls call me on 07032886943 for details. Regards

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Teddy78(m): 10:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
Op, are there any valuable minerals and gemstones in Ogbomosho and environs?
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by EzeUmuokorobiaa: 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
careidon:

Search no more for I got all the answers you're seeking.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by thayora: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
pankere:
Is it legal to just get on a land and start mining precious items without getting any authorisation from the govt? How does one start? Just a newbie question abeg

it is illegal. google Nigerian minerals and mining Act for more details
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by thayora: 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
usmanktg2:
I need small payloader for sale. Pls send specifications & price. No dogon turanchi.
where do you reside? what made? fairly used grade 1 ,grade 2 or grade 3(but you need to over haul it).
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Moji12(f): 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Will be here to correct any technicality or wrong explanation.
please someone wants to sell a mining site in kogi, initially d owner wanted a partnership before changing his mind to sell. In a nutshell he's looking for a buyer so if u need a further n concrete info I can connect u to him.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by chrisbaxtian(m): 1:04am On Jul 17, 2018
mkmyers45:

how do I start? where do I start from! how lucrative is it?

4 Likes

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by freedomchild: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2018
Hope is not the kinda mining business I'm thinking about?
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Teejay13(m): 6:20am On Jul 17, 2018
joinnow:
I know some farm in Bauchi where you scratch the soil and you see lot of emarald etc blue, green shining stones. Do you know of any investor that interested in mining it.

Sure. My company does that.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ayusco85(m): 6:24am On Jul 17, 2018
princecemo:
We have solid minerals such as Lead and Zinc for sale
Pls call me on 07032886943 for details. Regards

What grades are your ores? Lead and zinc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! / CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / Banks To Start Zero ATM Charges On Dec 17.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.