Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me (8579 Views)

Dangote, 6 Foreign Coys To Begin Gold, Coal Mining / What To Expect As A Merchant On Konga. Ask Me Any Questions! / Mining Industry In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by aril: 6:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Contact me for all mining or constructions equipments.

Please whatsapp only:

Aril_Aril
QUALITY IS QUALITY

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Gochis(m): 7:34am On Jul 17, 2018
Nice thread, I want to invest in gemstones mining. Starting small and grow big. Any help?
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Jlow2: 7:54am On Jul 17, 2018
ayusco85:

I thought as much. So for a grade of 40-45% lead ore, is it a fair price to be paid LME 42%?
yea ,is it fob ex sea port, or ex china?
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Nmeri17: 8:08am On Jul 17, 2018
gaetano:
How profitable is the skull mining industry? grin
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mkmyers45(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2018
ayusco85:

Please how is LME price calculated? lets say a client gives you the price he is paying for lead ore at LME 42% / tonne. how is the calculation done? assuming LME for lead is $2800

First they has to be some discount on LME Price

Usually the discount percentage is subtracted from 100% to give LME Base Price (e.g if your discount is 20% then base LME Price is $2,240) hence your 42% LME Lead will be $940.8 per tonne
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mkmyers45(m): 10:31am On Jul 17, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

how do I start? where do I start from! how lucrative is it?

Firstly, do you have any experience or exposure to any mineral resource? Its best to go for what you have a little experience on

1 Like

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mkmyers45(m): 10:32am On Jul 17, 2018
Dalighieri:
Are there amateur prospecting clubs like they have abroad in Nigeria.I mean where a group of investors pool resources together acquire land and mine on weekends

As far as i know of? None!!! It does sound like a good idea if the prospecting is for alluvial minerals
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mkmyers45(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2018
Weselion:
What government certifications do you need before you can go into mining business?

The Mining Cadastre Office is tasked with issues certifications for Quarry, Small Scale Mining, Exploration License, Water use and Large Scale Mining Lease so it depends on the scale of start up.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by mkmyers45(m): 10:36am On Jul 17, 2018
Jodesky:

Do we have COBALT in high occurrence anywhere in Nigeria.?
There's an Investor who wants to set up a Cobalt mine in Nigeria.
Will appreciate any useful info on this asap.

While i am aware of Cobalt in Nigeria, I cant say for sure if its in large quantities. You best bet is to undertake geophysical surveys and core drilling on any site of interest to establish ore reserves
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by UncleChike: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2018
careidon:
where does one get dump trucks & other modern equipments to work on mines? rates too pls.

what's the local market like?
and what does exporting involve?

Trucks are available for hire if you have a genuine contract with a company. Most truck hires deals are not genuine and are watered down with too many middle men who inflate the pricing. If you need trucks for lease, send a mail to naijalogistics@gmail.com They will respond. They are on Facebook as Trucks & Trailers Nigeria. @trucksng on twitter.

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by PierreAbutu(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2018
mkmyers45:
I had a similar thread before the Nairaland storm and have decided to restart the thread

If you have any questions on the mining industry in Nigeria then ask away and i will do my best to advise you

Please kindly start a WHATSAPP GROUP and add me 07019339722 is my whatsapp number

My Masters degree dissertation was on how Nigeria's mining sector can be revitalised
God bless
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by Akins2luv(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
mkmyers45:

You need a mineralogist or post a picture of it here and we can advise you if its possibly one

I have client who have Chinese clients they want to buy Lead, zinc, aluminum ore.... They have been on my neck for some time now..... Pls!!! If you can supply or have who is ready to supply kindly contact me on 08102987596
Once sure they will issue LPO immediately.....

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jodesky:

Do we have COBALT in high occurrence anywhere in Nigeria.?
There's an Investor who wants to set up a Cobalt mine in Nigeria.
Will appreciate any useful info on this asap.

cobalt is available in high quantities in Nigeria... placer deposits is where they can be found... i can be of help to you in these regards... so lemme know when you are in need of this.. send me a mail..
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ayusco85(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
Jlow2:
yea ,is it fob ex sea port, or ex china?

Please what is ex fob or ex sea port or ex China

1 Like

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by ayusco85(m): 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
Akins2luv:

I have client who have Chinese clients they want to buy Lead, zinc, aluminum ore.... They have been on my neck for some time now..... Pls!!! If you can supply or have who is ready to supply kindly contact me on 08102987596
Once sure they will issue LPO immediately.....

Will whatsapp you.
Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
mkmyers45:

Firstly, do you have any experience or exposure to any mineral resource? Its best to go for what you have a little experience on

nope cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have Any Questions On The Mining Industry In Nigeria? Ask Me by funsho75(m): 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
mkmyers45:
I had a similar thread before the Nairaland storm and have decided to restart the thread

If you have any questions on the mining industry in Nigeria then ask away and i will do my best to advise you

I need a job in mining industry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keystone Bank Names Transition Board / Plantain Chips Packaging / Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.