Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? (8235 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / 10 Strict Behaviours Ladies Display That Makes Their Future Husbands Run Away / Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Difficult To Submit To Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by sisimose(f): 9:11pm On May 08, 2007
@topic
not every female with high education is a woman. Being a woman entails so much , some think being educated means being foul mouthed and rude to your spouse, education only take ppl so far, character is another kettle of fish smiley
some highly educated and highly achieving females ,have no clue, it seems they loose their way in all that ''i am a high flier crap'' they forget how to be women. I respect an educated woman , with brains , class, dignity and pride not the breed of females we have now a days cry smiley
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by RedLips3(f): 9:15pm On May 08, 2007
Lol, passive aggression is even worse.

kateflow, you dey mind these boys. lol. funny people grin
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by CrazyMan(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2007
Men are proud, no doubt but they don't use their pride to attack their women.
But a woman on the other hand, if given the opportunity a man has,would be so proud and desrespectful to her man that he would loos his confidence and trust in her. And that would bring a halt to that relationship.

so what i think men should do is to look for a woman you are greater than in all areas of life so she would love and respect you the way you want her to.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by GNature(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2007
@topic

Because some educated women look down on uneducated men (some educated women even look down on fellow educated men if they haven't accomplished much, they see such men as "beneath them"). Some educated women are not down to earth, they are not approachable by men. So rather than subject themselves to humiliation, some men just don't deal with educated women period.

Again, I said some educated women act like this, not all.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by RedLips3(f): 9:21pm On May 08, 2007
Confident men never have to worry about such things. wink
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Dreloaded(f): 9:23pm On May 08, 2007
some men are scared off by educated women, if they feel it threatens their concept of 'manhood' - which for some means being dominant in all areas and having the woman hang on to your every word, and need your instructions to do even simple things. Some of these men are instantly put off if the woman seems to have a point of view different from theirs or 'dares' to disagree/challenge the man's logic. Their excuse is that 'traditionally' women take instructions from men and as such well educated women not needing such attention tend to diminish their 'manliness'.

For women who have such problems, my advice is: get a man who is confident in himself and doesn't need to be 'superior' to you to feel good

secondly - you still need to let him be a man - seek his advice sometimes, let him do stuff for you, eg nuy you stuff, pay your bills sometimes, even if you can do it yourself. Men like to feel needed on some levels, not total 'i'm at your mercy' kind of slave dependency, but the need to do something/lead to a certain degree is a major part of the male psyche.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by CrazyMan(m): 9:24pm On May 08, 2007
Why won't they worry?

I don't want a woman who would start competiting for my position as the head of the family.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by neelsel(f): 9:31pm On May 08, 2007
Modified, reception problem.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by neelsel(f): 9:35pm On May 08, 2007
@Red_lips, loving that quote grin

@Topic,
From experience most men, not ALL, seem to be threatened by educated women. I have personally heard friends of mine state, without fear or favour, that their wives would never be someone who have achieve academically more then themselves. This is termed as the highest form of ignorance.

It is a fact that, men in all their wisdom feel more competent in relationships where they hold the bargining chip so to speak. So it is no surprize that they strongly adhere to the unwritten rule that they must posses physical, emotional, educational and psychological control over their women, thus the need for them to shy away from strong educated female,

I also believe that men who are guilty of such practices suffer from some form of psychological defect, They have self esteem issues as well as, the nature vs Nuture syndrome may be at work here.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by GNature(m): 9:35pm On May 08, 2007
Red_Lips:

Confident men never have to worry about such things. wink

That's so true. I have friends that are not college graduates but go out with ladies that are college graduates all the time. Infact, I even asked a lady working on her Master's degree last week if she'll ever marry a non-educated man. She said 'why not' ? As long as he is decent, and pays his own way, he's okay for her.

It's all about being confident like you said  wink
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by RedLips3(f): 9:42pm On May 08, 2007
You're not a confident man, crazykid so don't worry that comment wasnt for you.  cheesy

D-reloaded:

some men are scared off by educated women, if they feel it threatens their concept of 'manhood' - which for some means being dominant in all areas and having the woman hang on to your every word, and need your instructions to do even simple things. Some of these men are instantly put off if the woman seems to have a point of view different from theirs or 'dares' to disagree/challenge the man's logic. Their excuse is that 'traditionally' women take instructions from men and as such well educated women not needing such attention tend to diminish their 'manliness'.

For women who have such problems, my advice is: get a man who is confident in himself and doesn't need to be 'superior' to you to feel good

Example of confident man that will never need to worry. It's insecure guys that cry over stuff like this. Educated or not, a confident guy hardly ever gets disrespected.  wink

Glad you agree, GNature. smiley
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 08, 2007
@MR CRAZYKID AND MR DREMONEY, SINCE YOU DON'T LIKE EDUCATED BABES, I GUESS YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING TO ME or ASKING ME dummy question that YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ASKING YOU ILLITERATE Girlfriends. i really don't think that you guys think before talking, because if you do, why will your dumb ass think educated female are proud? i wouldn't blame them if they are because if you know what it takes to be a bachelor's degree holder, you wouldn't open your mouth in the air and started talking blah blah blah. you two should tell me you pray to be the president of Nigeria tomorrow and you wish your wife the first lady  is an illiterate. then i will know you did not inherit the stupidity, i will know you are born and bath with it.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by dremoney(m): 10:14am On May 09, 2007
mubowa:

@MR CRAZYKID AND MR DREMONEY, SINCE YOU DON'T LIKE EDUCATED BABES, I GUESS YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING TO ME or ASKING ME dummy question that YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ASKING YOU ILLITERATE Girlfriends. i really don't think that you guys think before talking, because if you do, why will your dumb ass think educated female are proud? i wouldn't blame them if they are because if you know what it takes to be a bachelor's degree holder, you wouldn't open your mouth in the air and started talking blah blah blah. you two should tell me you pray to be the president of Nigeria tomorrow and you wish your wife the first lady  is an illiterate. then i will know you did not inherit the stupidity, i will know you are born and bath with it.

haha,egbami-ke
u dis monkey again?wen was it i said i dislike educated ladies?
u b proper mad woman oo!!y wuld u just come straight to me bluntly like dat?u dey craze?
wetin i do u?oomo take ur time oo, u even nid brighter grammar sef(check ur tenses).
nairaland is a forum n d basis is to learn, i no b ur mate oo, make u just respect urself n make dat rubbish d limit or else,  grin

Red_Lips:

You're not a confident man, crazykid so don't worry that comment wasnt for you.  cheesy

Example of confident man that will never need to worry. It's insecure guys that cry over stuff like this. Educated or not, a confident guy hardly ever gets disrespected.  wink

Glad you agree, GNature. smiley

ye,
confident guyz hardly ever get disrespected wink
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by CrazyMan(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2007
@Red-lips

What do you mead by that statement?
Why would you ever think am not a confident man? And who says I want to get married to an illiterate by the way.
All am saying here is that I can't marry a lady that has read too much full stop.
I know women very well. A lady who has too much degree proud I know what am saying it’s very difficult to get things into her head without her telling you her own opinion and why she can’t take yours.
Marriage is a lifetime commitment not something of one week or a month. And believe me, if you get involved with that kind of lady, you’ll only regret your marriage because you will spend all you life quarrelling over irrelevant issues you just won’t want her to take your place as the head of that family.
So the happy married life which you expected to experience would be filled with jealously, hatred, envy and malice why?
Because such a woman can never be submissive to a man.

So for your information, am a confident man, and I want the best for myself.
There are so many decent girls out there with OND, HND and BSc I don’t see why I should ignore them and go for one proud bitch that doesn’t even know the meaning of marriage.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 10, 2007
@dremoney, nuisance are always known by their deeds, a fool is recognized with his foolish word, a he goat is always been recognized with his bad odor, a dippy person is always known by his stupidity, pigs are known for dirt. i was just trying to see the category you didn't fall into in all these. UN nu UN nu , actually none. you are a fool, a pig, a he goat, and a stupid person. imagine the king of the jungle calling his aunt a monkey. donkey face idiot. i don't know who the bleeping hell you think you are any way. Mr subject verb and agreement, say your own make we hear am now, omo lasan ikeji aja. disrespectful gorilla, amazing mugu. think
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by kike001(f): 12:51pm On May 11, 2007
because of insecurity because the lady will be equal as him in it most guys cant stand competition
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by RedLips3(f): 6:42pm On May 11, 2007
proud bitch eh? crazykid? That's what you call women, abi?

Like I said before, it's obvious that you are not a confident man. I already said, confident men, no matter the amount of education received are hardly ever disrespected so they dont have anything to worry about. You however do.

All shall be well though. cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by dremoney(m): 11:35am On May 16, 2007
kike001:

because of insecurity because the lady will be equal as him in it most guys can't stand competition

na your thot b that?
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by bdaf(m): 11:46am On May 16, 2007
MOST MEN DONT.

THE REASON IS THAT THE WOMAN WILL TEND TO CONTROLL THE MAN. cry undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by kike001(f): 12:13pm On May 16, 2007
dat is actually true cuz i use 2 ve dis stupid boy he tells me dat everyday u cant control me but does dat give guys Men d right 2 think dey can use girls like go n marry sum1 from d village

bdaf:

MOST MEN DONT.

THE REASON IS THAT THE WOMAN WILL TEND TO CONTROLL THE MAN. cry undecided lipsrsealed embarassed tongue cool shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley

Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by CHRISTEL(f): 2:17am On Oct 06, 2007
because they are intimidated, trust me i know, cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Jaguar1(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2007
Ok, I agree that some guys feel intimidated by the fact that the woman is more learned and may even misconstrue certain things to mean disrespect but have you ever seen or been with some educated sistas? There are lots of them on nairaland and I don't need to mention names before you know the sect of people am talking about. The truth is: marriage will not work where there's no mutual respect. Every person has roles and position is a marital relationship and any attempt to circumvent those will only lead unnecessary heartache.
I know some sistas who are educated and loaded yet single. Not out of choice but because there are almost ungovernable yet they cry everyday that they need a man. My advice to them has always been to look inside yourself and you will see reason and probably make the necessary adjustment. Am an educated man won't be caught dead with an illiterate but education alone would never had made any woman my wife.
It's so bad that I wonder what such women would do if they were men. They are so damn arrogant, wonder if they forgot that men and women are not generally at par in terms of achievements, yet great men and women keep their feet on the ground while reaching for the star. Someone said on this thread that women have achieved more than men and I can only assume that that is coming from a baby or worse still a feminist.
Generally, men do not run from educated women, infact, they are every man's dream woman. We only run from arrogant,
difficult, proud, ungovernable, disrespectfull, educated woman.
Keep it coming.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by olanajim(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2007
You are right.

And whoever say men are affraid of or avoiding educated women must do a personal soul searching.

Most men, even illiterate men would want to date educated women. But greater percentage of EW are arrogant self centred and chauvinist creatures. I have had personal study in this regard. I apologize to the real women of value among them. The truth however is that arrogant ones outnumbered the good ones.

I have a friend who hold OND and dating a secondary school graduate. Due to some reasons, he had to stop his education at that level. His gal went ahead to do her OND and later HND. She practicaly lived on that guy through her education. Then just before she graduated, she call off the affair because "the guy did not measure up to her standard!"

Another lady was dating a guy l understudied. The guy had just returned from Germany but didn't have University degree. He had money though. From 200 level to final year, the lady didn't mind his inferior education level. The guy transformed her to model and sponsored her education. Then she went for her Service. She returned to drop quit notice. Her reason: she can't marry anything less than Bsc holder!

Four out of five of educated lady would jilt a man who is less educated than her. It is this reality that make some to avoid them. They are potential heartbreaker anyday.

I must submit that there are good ones among them. Hard to find anyway.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by mekoyo(m): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2007
How many have ran away from you? embarassed
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by MrKelly: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
The same reason why most men run away from female lawyers.

Do you still need an answer to this question?
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
Insecure men run away from strong confident women.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by debest1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Insecure men run away from strong confident women.
true talk ma'am, it all boils down to insecurity and the fear that he wont be able to control, dominate and make her depend on him i.e. with her status she would be financially independent, all this would scare some men who prefer to buy a woman's love
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by ebila(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2009
@poster,
Do we?Didn't realise.I only know we don't like women dat r pig headed just cos they're educated.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Drwinthy: 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2009
men dont run away from educated women. it is just that some men dont like for their wife to be higher than them in education and levels. hey feel the woman wuld not respect them.

For more dating tips visit www.perfectsdate..com
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2009
because the men cant cope.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by nwgoziri(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
Choco: they are simply not "man enough".
u wil nt undstnd.it's true dat God made us d head bt wen eva woman head anytin thy is alwaz a problm u nid endurance 2 folow a woman wen she is leadin.
Re: Why Do Men Run Away From Educated Women? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
sisimose: @topic
not every female with high education is a woman. Being a woman entails so much , some think being educated means being foul mouthed and rude to your spouse, education only take ppl so far, character is another kettle of fish smiley
some highly educated and highly achieving females ,have no clue, it seems they loose their way in all that ''i am a high flier crap'' they forget how to be women. I respect an educated woman , with brains , class, dignity and pride not the breed of females we have now a days cry smiley
nice response. Sometimes being educated turns most women into wild animals difficult to co-habit with, that's y men sometimes run away from them not that men don't want educated women. Humility is an awesome trait every woman should possess, most educated women lack humility and they are hardly submisssive to their spouses in marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Wahala See( Picture) / Dedicate A Pics To Your Nairaland Crush Or Favourite Nairalander.. / Guys, Can Love Ever Make You Beg A Lady Like This? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.