Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154938 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
modskiller:
@mrnilobrown. Hope you got it?
Repplied u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Yes.

egonwanne:
hi guyz..I'm kinda new here...and I got loads of questions as a beginner...presently am in my visa processing stage as i gained admission to lambton college canada and my question is if I can use my direct uncle wu has d right statement of account and landed properties documents as my sponsor..Please I await ur responses tanx guyz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
Omonjoe:
Pls sum1 shld answer.In d same situation.
Hello, takes about 4 to 6weeks depending on the program. I applied for PHD Eco and a friend did for Msc Agric biz. We got decisions in 4 and5 weeks respectively after submission of complete application package.
Just that I really do not know the basis of their decisions as per international students considering the fact that funding is involved. You can as well send a mail to your grad cordinator if it's taking longer than usual. For undergraduate studies,I do not have an idea. Hope this helps. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tweeny24: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
vicarsenal:

Yes. Just get them certified by a lawyer to make 'em more legal and authentic.

Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
what makes you think otherwise
emperoracro:

Hahahahahahahahahah, chairman what makes you say so?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kart042000(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hello house, please where is the best state or place in Canada where a network engineer or health psychologist can easily get a job and the environment is not too expensive. A friend suggested Edmonton.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
We the admission hopefuls cross leg dey wait for march...

For the guy who asked the question about uni manitoba. use this site ti ease your tension grin

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=computer+science+manitoba

He be like dem nefa give anybory admission yet this year for your department... fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Klinkiddy: 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
Klinkiddy:
Morning Guys grin

Is there anyone traveling on March 03? because m also leaving on that date, so wont mind having a chat mate at the airport.
M heading to Vancouver BC, University of British Columbia. Is there any member of the e-family staying or studying in this skool? Or if theres anyone that can link me up wif someone overthere. Wont mind avin his/her contact. Thanks fam.

Moreso, wee like to ask my fellow e-family that r already in canada, "Is it advisable to rent a homstay at first or rent a room and cater for mysef? Hope my question is clear enough?

Ur warm response wee be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Akin26: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
vicarsenal:
A List of TRV CHOPPING TIMELINE AND DOCUMENTS I compiled since joining this Thread. Download and enjoy.
good job oga mi...happy Sunday sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ada4all: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
Hi guys. Am currently filling that IMM1294 Form. Am having some difficulty. I have my IELTS score at 6.5 (7,6,7,6). Do I need to add it to my app? Is it good enough? Make I no go shoot myself for leg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks a lot for you time.....nice answers.
emperoracro:

1) hmmmmm probably let ur dad state it in his letter of sponsorship while concluding, n u can include ur bros intl passport data n travel pages.
2) Provide the biz reg docs n other details n let your dad write that in his letter of sponsorship on company letterhead, stamped n signed.
3) Ur family and parents assets are home tie, including the job awaiting u
4) Browse tru d thread pchax shared some awhile ago
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
5p1naz:
We the admission hopefuls cross leg dey wait for march...

For the guy who asked the question about uni manitoba. use this site ti ease your tension grin

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=computer+science+manitoba

He be like dem nefa give anybory admission yet this year for your department... fingers crossed

Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
pampem:

Hello, takes about 4 to 6weeks depending on the program. I applied for PHD Eco and a friend did for Msc Agric biz. We got decisions in 4 and5 weeks respectively after submission of complete application package.
Just that I really do not know the basis of their decisions as per international students considering the fact that funding is involved. You can as well send a mail to your grad cordinator if it's taking longer than usual. For undergraduate studies,I do not have an idea. Hope this helps. All the best.

thanks 4 d info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
what a sumary...thumbs up
vicarsenal:
A List of TRV CHOPPING TIMELINE AND DOCUMENTS I compiled since joining this Thread. Download and enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
I have just submitted my application online few minutes ago .PG fall 2015 and I am going for biometric tommorow morning. Can someone help me with description from Ibadan of how to get to the VAC as I don't know lagos at all. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
where in Ib do u stay... i stay in lagos buh work in IB so wud b in IB 2mao..
Jengbetiele:
I have just submitted my application online few minutes ago .PG fall 2015 and I am going for biometric tommorow morning. Can someone help me with description from Ibadan of how to get to the VAC as I don't know lagos at all. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Omonjoe(m): 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thanks....is it 4 - 6 weeks after application deadline?
pampem:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 9:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
where in Ib do u stay... i stay in lagos buh work in IB so wud b in IB 2mao..
Old ife road....I need description please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by egonwanne: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
checkyink:
Yes.

tanx a lot....does it matter if it isn't d same surname
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2015
i dont know it. i havent done biometrics yet. i guess you should b in ib later in the week when youre done.
would like to talk about the whole online process as im currently gathering documents
Jengbetiele:

Old ife road....I need description please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by themilola: 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pls pals I need your help here I studied Agric economic as my first degree and want to go to Canada for another course anyway like computer science so I need help on how to apply I mean steps and how to go about it pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Either way, you will be fine. Just back up your claims with evidence. Cheers.

egonwanne:
tanx a lot....does it matter if it isn't d same surname
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Jengbetiele:
From IB Iwo road, board Ajah bus. That will be more straight forward than coming in through Berger and board a bus to Lagos island plus you won't experience much traffic cos you will come into Lagos through epe. Then from Ajah round about, take another bus going to lekki and drop at the 5th round about. That's Lekki phase 1 third gate. Stroll inside the gate and you will see a junction just few meters after the gate. VAC is on your left opposite treasure garden estate. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
Jengbetiele:
When u get to either berger or ojota take BRT bus (ticket should b around 120 or 150) they wil ride u to CMS. At CMS u can ask the BRT driver to point to u where to get lekki/aja bus (its within the same park, white busses lined up). Join lekki/aja bus (tel conductor third roundabout) u can aswell count the roundabout yourself after u pass through tolgate [see pix]. At third roundabout, cross The road to freedom way walk up about 3blocks VAC is by ur left.
U can aswell use google map on ur phone
if u get lost, call 911

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lansha2006: 2:05am On Feb 16, 2015
House,
I need your advise on travelling to Canada on tourist Visa and use that opportunity to look for a suitable proffessional job. How realistic is this.
Honest answers please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ifegy: 4:29am On Feb 16, 2015
lansha2006:
House,
I need your advise on travelling to Canada on tourist Visa and use that opportunity to look for a suitable proffessional job. How realistic is this.
Honest answers please.

Not realistic at all.
By the way, there is a revamped immigration process in place for skilled workers, with much shorter timelines for the process than in the past. That would be a far better way to go about getting the chance to work in Canada. The nairaland thread >>>https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pampem: 6:27am On Feb 16, 2015
Omonjoe:
Thanks....is it 4 - 6 weeks after application deadline?
before deadlines for both courses. Deadline was jan 15 or so. Sure you'l hear from them soonest. Like I applied to Calgary but was told they don't make decisions till a month after the program's deadline. So program's and schools timelines differ . All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 7:16am On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=Klinkiddy post=30760081][/quote]
I might actually leave by May also, though not sure yet.smiley
but what can do from March till I resume by May.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by modskiller(m): 7:59am On Feb 16, 2015
Quick one, please do I need to have a valid passport before applying online (I have one but it's expired)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Finestlex(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2015
LMAO...... WTF. is today April 1st?
modskiller:
Quick one, please do I need to have a valid passport before applying online (I have one but it's expired)

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by justwise(m): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2015
modskiller:

No you don't, you can even apply with no passport at all.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.