Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1154963 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 8:29am On Feb 17, 2015
Morning house, please a brief description on where to do my biometric and also must i go with my original international passport or photocopy with the biometric print out? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 8:39am On Feb 17, 2015
Pmiller1:
Morning house, please a brief description on where to do my biometric and also must i go with my original international passport or photocopy with the biometric print out? Thanks
Read backward, there is a discription there with images...
U hv to go with ur int'l passport, two photocopies of the data page and your biometric print out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 8:45am On Feb 17, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Read backward, there is a discription there with images...
U hv to go with ur int'l passport, two photocopies of the data page and your biometric print out
thanks bro... so am going with my original int'l passport and two photocopies of my data page...right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
full time work permits?
Haba!
Part time now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:02am On Feb 17, 2015
Pmiller1:

thanks bro... so am going with my original int'l passport and two photocopies of my data page...right?
Right
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 9:09am On Feb 17, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Right
Alright then.... have to wait till tomorrow then.... original is at home but i have soft copy i can print at the office... tot i only need the photocopy at VAC for the biometric... Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 9:45am On Feb 17, 2015
sure now...
but with a coop work permit u can work fulltime
emperoracro:

Haba!
Part time now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 10:05am On Feb 17, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

When u get to either berger or ojota take BRT bus (ticket should b around 120 or 150) they wil ride u to CMS. At CMS u can ask the BRT driver to point to u where to get lekki/aja bus (its within the same park, white busses lined up). Join lekki/aja bus (tel conductor third roundabout) u can aswell count the roundabout yourself after u pass through tolgate [see pix]. At third roundabout, cross The road to freedom way walk up about 3blocks VAC is by ur left.
U can aswell use google map on ur phone
if u get lost, call 911

Boss thank you so much o!!!!!!!lol though dem carry me pass bustop.yesterday was actually my first time in that lekki area !! But your description was so helpful. Thank you. Can I see you in camera? Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 10:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Boss thank you so much o!!!!!!!lol though dem carry me pass bustop.yesterday was actually my first time in that lekki area !! But your description was so helpful. Thank you. Can I see you in camera? Thank you
Glad it was helpfull. All the best.
You can send a PM.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 10:46am On Feb 17, 2015
bro im in ibadan now....i stay in an hotel ..can we see...
i v a site at old ife road ssef...where in old ife r u
Jengbetiele:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by thanksoluwa: 10:49am On Feb 17, 2015
hello guys, i am actually new on this thread, I intend to go for my masters in Canada, but its been difficult even getting a school to choose.. can anyone help me on this.i would prefer is there's an agency that helps with masters application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by yyzz: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
akanni:

once you get your social insurance number, you can work full-time till school resumes when it has to be 20 hrs weekly.
Note though that you cannot say exactly when you will get the job so be prepared with enough funds for rent and living expense.
I honestly do not know who has successfully gotten work before school resumed though.
Thanks a lotsmiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 1:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
I just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_blessI just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_blessI just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by marcuskens: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Who says you cant use it now?.....you can use it to apply even the very day you renewed.

Thanks a bunch
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
What were the documets you submitted earlier on
ohammed199:
I just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_blessI just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_blessI just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 17, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

Get as much sponsor as u can.....this ppl ar crazy with finance. Join your uncle too...
ok man, thanks alot. God bless u for us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
I submitted my :
Police clearance
Statement of account of sponsor
letter of sponsorship
sponsor's company documents
Original WAEC certificate
school leaving certificate
high school transcripts
birth certificate
affidavit of sponsorship /
affidavit for the relationship between sponsor and
applicant
admission letter
passport photograph
and the forms from the embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Uchetorial: 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
ohammed199:

I guess you did not submit a strong SOP....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
Peeps here will need to see the docs u submitted before they can help.
ohammed199:
I just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is lfor me thank you all in advance.... God_blessI just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_blessI just came back from the embassy and here are the 3 tips for my Visa refusal 1. Your personal assets and financial status... 2. Your current employment situation.... 3. They said haven't proven to them that am gonna leave canada afta my education... That's all any way out because I will like to submit again before this month runs out because I wanna submit against MAY so buddies any help before it is too late ?? Just tag @akanni so I wud knw the reply is for me thank you all in advance.... God_bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by delors(m): 1:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
whats your email..
I have responded to your email. Check it out. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
What's strong SOP ??

I submitted all the originals and photocopies of the following :

Police clearance
letter of sponsorship
high school transcripts
birth certificate
applicant
admission letter
passport photograph
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Snappyfingaz:
1st Application
Applied: 27th April
Biometrics: 9th May
Refused: 15th May
Reasons: Purpose of visit, length of proposed stay, financial and personal assets and current employment situation.

Docs Submitted: Sponsor SOA (Salary Acct M30+, dorm account $120+k),
Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer. NO SOP.

2nd Application
Applied: 3rd October
Biometrics: 9th October
Med Call: 28th November
Med Done: 3rd December
Passport Request: 8th December.

Docs Submitted:

*Sponsor SOA for 6months (salary acct. 40+M, dorm acct $120+K)
*Sponsor letter and letter from sponsor's employer
*My four months SOA (500+K)
*Letter of introduction and study leave letters from my employer
*SOP (clearly detailing why I chose to study in Canada and at the University of Regina and my plans to return to Naija upon graduation.

This is all. Note that none of my documents were notarized. If someone agrees to sponsor you and puts it in writing with his contact details clearly stated I see no reason for all that. Sponsor meanwhile is my maternal uncle with different surname. Thanks everyone. If any questions, I'll do well to answer them. May part 7 be better and sweeter than part 6. God bless everyone.

My visa was rejected because they said have not tell them and assure them I will leave canada by end of my study though I gained admission into the university of manitoba in Winnipeg have applied twice rejected first was due to lake of funds and I didn't assure them I leave by th end now funds accepted but still rejected due to lack of me not still assuring them I wil leave by the end can u please give me scope how u do urs...... thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by delors(m): 1:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
if i want to do an upfront medical exam....how will i go about it.
my program starts september. if i get my visa early and decide to travel by june can i woork pending resumption
It is risky to come in way earlier than your school resumption. And you can't work legally until you resume school. I came in almost 9months before my studies in Waterloo and immigration were not willing to allow me in. Thank God I applied for done part time programs like French and data management to pass the time before school would resume in September and that I had a relative whom I was gonna stay with. Those were the only reasons they allowed me in...and that's like some years back now. It was scary. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:51pm On Feb 17, 2015
ohammed199:
You need to makeout time to read through this thread as much page as u can.
Are you going for undergraduate or Graduate studies?
Whats your age?
Are you working?
Whats your current highest qualification?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 1:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

You need to makeout time to read through this thread as much page as u can.
Are you going for undergraduate or Graduate studies?
Whats your age?
Are you working?
Whats your current highest qualification?

Though have graduated from a poly last year but I didn't include that in my application I only used my secondary so am applying as an undergraduate, am 24 already, am not working currently and my highest is OND but I used SSCE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
Uchetorial:

I guess you did not submit a strong SOP....

What's strong SOP sir and how can I get it sir and what about my personal assets and financial situation, my current employment status and assurance am gonna leave after finish my education sir ?? Any help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
who is the sponsor and how much is in the account
ohammed199:
I submitted my :
Police clearance
letter of sponsorship
high school transcripts
birth certificate
applicant
admission letter
passport photograph
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
i dont know who has gotten admission into UG at that age and stated that he isnt working. maybe you should state that youre working and include doc to back it up.
ohammed199:

Though have graduated from a poly last year but I didn't include that in my application I only used my secondary so am applying as an undergraduate, am 24 already, am not working currently and my highest is OND but I used SSCE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ohammed199(m): 2:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
who is the sponsor and how much is in the account

That's ma dad's childhook friend he has alots of companies and his current account is upto 20million naira and his lawyer wrote a letter signed and stamped ohhh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
9months... u b baba o..u no even pack load finish....:d well a month before resumption isnt way earlier though...
delors:

It is risky to come in way earlier than your school resumption. And you can't work legally until you resume school. I came in almost 9months before my studies in Waterloo and immigration were not willing to allow me in. Thank God I applied for done part time programs like French and data management to pass the time before school would resume in September and that I had a relative whom I was gonna stay with. Those were the only reasons they allowed me in...and that's like some years back now. It was scary. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
Exactly. It's after being admitted in a school to a course of your interest, that is when you will be in a position to apply for TRV(Temporary Resident Visa for students).
Please learn the google search tips as you will have little or no question at the end as MOST questions have been answered here on this forum more than any agent can ever do.
Trust me, this is a pool of knowledge from personal experiences of a big family.
For example, I launched google search in my browser and typed your question to do DEMO with it as below without the inverted comas

"canada schools with fast admissions : nairaland "

=> search and limit the subject matter (canada schools with fast admissions) to Niraland posts only.
The redirection points to :

https://www.google.com.ng/?gws_rd=ssl#q=canada+schools+with+fast+admissions+:+nairaland

where I could get one (out of many) of the link below :

https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/338

Read the post all the post on the above link and tell me how you feel ! =>https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/338

Have special emphasis on the post of : earthgreeners

(You see, Most questions have been answered before. Do u blame this guys if they refused to repeat themselves ? No one is paid to be here)

Keep record of this link in a note pad as you might need it later, after you have been offered admission.

Also keep reading the old post to date after applying for school and while awaiting admission so that u can be abreast of the useful info.

The following random supplementary links can also help :

http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/

www.universitystudy.ca

http://www.aucc.ca/canadian-universities/facts-and-stats/tuition-fees-by-university/

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines/

Bear it in mind that you are being equipped here free-of-charge to be your own agent, agency fee which you would otherwise
be charged is many hundreds of thousands of Naira.
Hence do not be lazy about it. No quick fixes and avoid pit fall experienced by guys who have pass thru. the route before you.
Best of luck.
themilola:
Thanks man that means I would have to Google a school dea for admission first before coming here if I have any difficulties thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
i think you have to write a Strong SOP(statement of purpose) stating what you have bn doing up until now. anyone can sponsor you really you just have a stronger case if its a family tie.
ohammed199:

That's ma dad's childhook friend he has alots of companies and his current account is upto 20million naira and his lawyer wrote a letter signed and stamped ohhh

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.