Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1149871 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 8:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
Alhamdulilah! Congrats
atinuke005:
Been reading silently on here...Finally I got the much awaited email for medicals today grin...Alhamdulilah!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
atinuke005:
Been reading silently on here...Finally I got the much awaited email for medicals today grin...Alhamdulilah!!!!!
Congrats....please when did you apply? Paper or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Congrats....please when did you apply? Paper or online?

Paper route!!!!applied jan 27
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Jengbetiele: 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
atinuke005:

Paper route!!!!applied jan 27
Congrats once again! You submitted 6m Soa the first time and you were denied based on insufficient funds right? How much is your expenses per year and how much soa did you submit when you refired? Thanks a lot! Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
CruzAj:
Congrats bro please u will do well if u list the docs u submitted with date applied and the route.Congrats once again.
Sponsor(dad)
Company's SOA....4m
Dad's personal soa...4.5m
Credit supplier statement showing a company owes 13M.
Land documents (included all the proof I could find plus documents that had my grandpa's name and my mum.)
Affidavit of sponsorship by dad(notarized)
Company's letter of introduction signed by the secretary(n.b...no secretary ooo!!one man bizness, I wrote my mum's maiden name en told her 2sign).
Mysef
Admission letter, reciept of tuition deposit,cic forms,study permit questionaire(very detailed),transcript,bsc cert,o'level cert,nysc cert.
No SOP
Prayed well& fast!!!! grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
jpepper:
@emperoracro WoW! thats a good deal!!why am I not getting half scholarship for God's sakeI need all the money I can get.Perhaps I should switch my course?Anyway, thanks for the info

what's the name of School?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Moheat(m): 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
akanni:

Convincing SOP to school or the Visa officer?
if it's to the VO for your visa application, follow the guidelines below:

1. introduction of yourself and course of study in Canada
2. briefly explain your previous education and its relevance to your intended course of study
3. briefly explain any gaps from your last education to date or relevant work experiences acquired
4. briefly explain the impact of your course on your future career and your home country(e.g NIGERIA)
5. emphasis on leaving Canada after ur studies and what you intend to do on return(reasons should correlate with study leave and employment letter, if u submitted any)
the SOP should not be more than two pages and less story telling, go straight to the point and avoid reminding the VO constantly that you are not going to abscond

Thanks for this info! I have been pondering on how to come up with a captivating SOP all these while. One love

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
atinuke005:

Sponsor(dad)
Company's SOA....4m
Land documents (included all the proof I could find plus documents that had my grandpa's name and my mum.)
Company's letter of introduction signed by the secretary(n.b...no secretary ooo!!one man bizness, I wrote my mum's maiden name en told her 2sign).
Mysef
Admission letter, reciept of tuition deposit,cic forms,study permit questionaire(very detailed),transcript,bsc cert,o'level cert,nysc cert.
No SOP

Congrats dear.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
atinuke005:

Congrats. I tap to your testimony.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrchemist(m): 12:26am On Mar 07, 2015
Siga:
.... Have ur immediate Oga write you a letter.... If u cool with him/her... U can seek their assistance...

Thanks but the letter must be sent to office or Permenent Secretary of Education for Approval and it's Still NO Approval
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrchemist(m): 12:34am On Mar 07, 2015
Please is the Study leave Approval letter important..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 2:17am On Mar 07, 2015
mrchemist:
Yes it is.... it's a strong home tie. Bt some pple here didn't add it to their app and yet they chopped TRV. Its God's favour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sean622: 2:23am On Mar 07, 2015
emperoracro:

4-6 months SOA
Generate a checklist on cic.gc.ca sir

Thanks alot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 07, 2015
Good morning everyone. You are doing a wonderful job here. I have learnt a lot reading through some pages on this thread. Please I need some advice/information before applying for a visa.

I have a Ph.D admission in Canada. I will get a sponsorship letter from my sponsor (state government) next week. The money in my account (equivalent to tuition and living cost for about two years) will be four months at the end of this month.

Can I make my application now or do I wait till end of the month when and get four months' SOA?

Is it advisable I take the medical examination in a designated hospital before applying or wait till I'm asked to do that? I read from CIC website that doing the medicals first makes the application faster.

Does the online application involve uploading supporting documents?

Do I need my Bachelor's and Master's degree and transcript for application?

What is the timeframe between completing an online application and biometrics?

Thank you all!

@justwise thumbs up!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tee12345(m): 4:49am On Mar 07, 2015
mrchemist:

It is not a must.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by halle2: 4:53am On Mar 07, 2015
JohnDuke259:
Good morning everyone. You are doing a wonderful job here. I have learnt a lot reading through some pages on this thread. Please I need some advice/information before applying for a visa.

I have a Ph.D admission in Canada. I will get a sponsorship letter from my sponsor (state government) next week. The money in my account (equivalent to tuition and living cost for about two years) will be four months at the end of this month.

Can I make my application now or do I wait till end of the month when and get four months' SOA?

Is it advisable I take the medical examination in a designated hospital before applying or wait till I'm asked to do that? I read from CIC website that doing the medicals first makes the application faster.

Does the online application involve uploading supporting documents?

Do I need my Bachelor's and Master's degree and transcript for application?

What is the timeframe between completing an online application and biometrics?

Thank you all!

@justwise thumbs up!

Congrats on your admission!
Wait for the sponsorship letter from the government. What is the source of funds in your account? How old is the account? Why not print from four months back to date if you want to apply right away. When you apply online, you are expected to upload scanned copies of your supporting docs, you will see the different areas for different categories of supporting documents. Like letter of acceptance, you would upload your admission letter and documents you used to get the admission; proof of funds you will upload your statements of account,sponsorship letter, etc and each category has a question mark that when you click it explains what you are supposed to upload. You will get a notification almost immediately after online application submission, with a letter of instruction for biometrics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 6:29am On Mar 07, 2015
Hello house please must my custodian be a citizen or permanent resident in canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 07, 2015
halle2:

Congrats on your admission!
Wait for the sponsorship letter from the government. What is the source of funds in your account? How old is the account? Why not print from four months back to date if you want to apply right away. When you apply online, you are expected to upload scanned copies of your supporting docs, you will see the different areas for different categories of supporting documents. Like letter of acceptance, you would upload your admission letter and documents you used to get the admission; proof of funds you will upload your statements of account,sponsorship letter, etc and each category has a question mark that when you click it explains what you are supposed to upload. You will get a notification almost immediately after online application submission, with a letter of instruction for biometrics.

Dear halle2,

Many thanks for your contribution. I appreciate it. The source of funding is still my state government. I got it about two years ago but because I had not secured admission, I placed it in fixed deposit because of security and other reasons. Shortly after I got the offer, I liquidated it and it will be four months old at the end of the month. The account is over three years old.

Do you reckon I can do the medicals before applying or wait till I am instructed to do so by CIC?

Will hard copies of my transcript and certificate be required when I go for biometrics?

Thank you once again!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 6:45am On Mar 07, 2015
Good morning. pls i would like to ask a question about visa processing for study permit. my dad who is my sponsor has refused to give me his land document or shares certificates whether original or notarised photocopy . i have tried to reason with him that it is important that i have this document to ensure my chances of getting a visa but he insists that it is a scam that no one in embassies asks for land or share document for visa. since there is no way to convince him that it is not a scam and i do not have anyone else to ask, pls what do i do??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 7:24am On Mar 07, 2015
mrchemist:

Thanks but the letter must be sent to office or Permenent Secretary of Education for Approval and it's Still NO Approval
Get a letter of introduction then, written by ur immediate Oga (I suppose a Principal) to d VO briefly stating ur designation, employment & deployment 2 d Sch, responsibilities and that u've duly informed dem of ur intent 2 study in Canada & dey Hv no objection....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tweeny24: 7:54am On Mar 07, 2015
IyaEjima:

Get a letter of introduction then, written by ur immediate Oga (I suppose a Principal) to d VO briefly stating ur designation, employment & deployment 2 d Sch, responsibilities and that u've duly informed dem of ur intent 2 study in Canada & dey Hv no objection....

Hello ma...I sent you a PM...need your help with something
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 8:08am On Mar 07, 2015
Congrats dear!!!

atinuke005:

Sponsor(dad)
Company's SOA....4m
Mysef
No SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:14am On Mar 07, 2015
sexysammy0906:
Good morning. pls i would like to ask a question about visa processing for study permit. my dad who is my sponsor has refused to give me his land document or shares certificates whether original or notarised photocopy . i have tried to reason with him that it is important that i have this document to ensure my chances of getting a visa but he insists that it is a scam that no one in embassies asks for land or share document for visa. since there is no way to convince him that it is not a scam and i do not have anyone else to ask, pls what do i do??
Have them scanned,give him the original docs and apply online. Bt if u insist on paper route still have them scanned, print them out and have them notarized. #justsaying
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:19am On Mar 07, 2015
tee12345:

It is not a must.
If he is working then he has to get it from his employer I believe he stands a better chance if he adds study leave letter to his app. Like I mentioned earlier, it's God's favour cos some pple here didn't add it and yet they chopped TRV. Its better he gets all the docs he needs to make his app strong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:23am On Mar 07, 2015
IyaEjima:

Lemme add to wat iyaejima mentioned, he can indicate that you wld be coming back after your studies.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 8:29am On Mar 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Have them scanned,give him the original docs and apply online. Bt if u insist on paper route still have them scanned, print them out and have them notarized. #justsaying

thanks for the advice but he doesn't even want to give me that either .is there anyway i can apply without those .his soa is quite strong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2015
sexysammy0906:

thanks for the advice but he doesn't even want to give me that either .is there anyway i can apply without those .his soa is quite strong.
Don't knw the kind of person yur dad is bt I wld say you shld try convince him if possible let him have someone he trusts accompany you to get the docs scanned (Nt sure how it works bt I don't tink anyone can use a scanned copy to fraud him since he has the original docs in his possession) A land doc and a shares cert wld do. They show a kind of financial capability and a strong home tie. If his SOA is strong its good oooo bt.... read the testimonies of recent TRV choppers they added land docs to their apps. The gurus can add to dis or correct me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kfrosh: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2015
kfrosh:
Lets get talking guys especially those already in Canada. Since without graduating with a 2.1 u can't do your Masters in Canada which leaves you with just Colleges to apply to but the scary thing now is that checking up the students review of these colleges from Lambton to Fanshawe to Humber college and most colleges, the reviews are nothing to write home about. I need experienced guys too share their thoughts. Are Colleges really worth the pain.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 8:44am On Mar 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Don't knw the kind of person yur dad is bt I wld say you shld try convince him if possible let him have someone he trusts accompany you to get the docs scanned. Nt sure how it works bt I don't tink anyone can use a scanned copy to fraud him since he has the original docs in his possession. A land doc and a shares cert wld do. They show a kind of financial capability and a strong home tie. If his SOA is strong its good oooo bt.... read the testimonies of TRV choppers they added land docs to their apps. The gurus can add to dis or correct me.

lol.. thanks but i will prob just cancel everything. we even had an argument yesterday he was screaming that he wasn't going to give me any of that even a scanned copy or photocopy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:48am On Mar 07, 2015
sexysammy0906:

lol.. thanks but i will prob just cancel everything. we even had an argument yesterday he was screaming that he wasn't going to give me any of that even a scanned copy or photocopy
Pls don't give up oooo shocked. Y not give it a try? Do u have a job? Get a study leave letter, add your employment letter, introduction letter and work ID. Most importantly, take your time, read the previous parts of this thread there shld be someone who has a similar case as yours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 07, 2015
sexysammy0906:

You can't blame your dad for having trust issues when it comes to such docs. Probably he had some bitter experience about such. But if you can't get it, then apply with his SOA since you said it's strong. Your dads land docs is just proving his financial status too. If the docs are in ur name, then that can be used as your home tie. Your dads land docs is not your home tie cos it's not yours. My personal opinion tho.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 8:51am On Mar 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Pls don't give up oooo shocked. Y not give it a try? Do u have a job? Get a study leave letter, add your employment letter, introduction letter and work ID. Most importantly, take your time, read the previous parts of this thread there shld be someone who has a similar case as yours.

okay i will do all that. already have all those . it is just the land and shares document that is remaining and it seems i can't get it . i am reading through the other threads, still haven't come across any case like mine. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.