Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150052 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2015
sexysammy0906:

okay i will do all that. already have all those . it is just the land and shares document that is remaining and it seems i can't get it . i am reading through the other threads, still haven't come across any case like mine. thanks
There has to be.... dont lose hope. your job and study leave letter are stronger home ties and don't forget to add your personal SOA and a superb SOP all the best grin.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2015
Team12:
My Company will not give u study leave unless you have spent 4 years with them. I just joined them a year ago after spending 4 years with my previous employer. So I know they wouldn't give me a letter for study leave. I hope every other thing I have will be sufficient though. I intend to apply in May because I need to travel out on a business trip in April and want to be fully in Naija all through my TRV application process, in order to avoid stories that touch. grin

Meanwhile, I plan to apply with my 1.6 year old daughter and state on my SOP that she is still too young to be without a mother's care. I have a print out of over 40 child care facilities in Canada that has her on their waiting list.

What do you guys think? Is it safe to apply with her? or she should apply after? Anyone with previous experience please share.

Read part 6 @mesh2003 was on same shoes as yurs ma. Apply without your child it's a strong home tie then she can join you later. My tots
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 9:35am On Mar 07, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2015
Team12:

Search NL for @mesh2003 & read her posts den take a stand..Wishing u d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2015
Thanks. I will read up.

IyaEjima:

Search NL for @mesh2003 & read her posts den take a stand..Wishing u d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2015
I just read through @mesh2003 posts. So the deal is not to apply with daughter. But I also noticed that all those in the same situation including @mesh2003 plan to apply for child after settling down in Canada.

My dilema is that I don't have anyone in Lagos to leave her with. I have no Nanny. She attends a Pre-school in Lagos and I pay for extended care till 6:00pm daily and I pick her after work.

So will it be advisable to apply for her immediately after getting my TRV, but before I leave for Canada, so we can go together?

Team12:
Thanks. I will read up.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 11:36am On Mar 07, 2015
Team12:
I just read through @mesh2003 posts. So the deal is not to apply with daughter. But I also noticed that all those in the same situation including @mesh2003 plan to apply for child after settling down in Canada.

My dilema is that I don't have anyone in Lagos to leave her with. I have no Nanny. She attends a Pre-school in Lagos and I pay for extended care till 6:00pm daily and I pick her after work.

So will it be advisable to apply for her immediately after getting my TRV, but before I leave for Canada, so we can go together?

Apply with ur baby, provided u show strong financial capability, write an sop sayin no one u can liv her with,and get childcare over there

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 11:47am On Mar 07, 2015
Ugochux:

Is that where u sch?? I want to apply for a diploma course dia..I have already filld d online form, buh I'm yet to pay d application fee of $95..I wnt to knw ow u paid urs..tnx
Ain't there sir, but i wanted to apply there sometimes ago. U can pay for ur app fee using a credit card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ugochux(m): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
emperoracro:

Ain't there sir, but i wanted to apply there sometimes ago. U can pay for ur app fee using a credit card

So what stopped you from applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tee12345(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

If he is working then he has to get it from his employer I believe he stands a better chance if he adds study leave letter to his app. Like I mentioned earlier, it's God's favour cos some pple here didn't add it and yet they chopped TRV. Its better he gets all the docs he needs to make his app strong.

I still maintain that it is not a must. Evidence he has a paid job; Yes but not letter on study leave; No.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
IyaEjima:

Thanks dear, congrats to u too.. Yep, I'm a nurse, got a degree in nursing, registered as a Nurse/Midwife, course: PGD Clinical & Critical Care Nursing @ Conestoga
You would have tried PR visa for there or Oz. Anyway, congrats!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lalavita: 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
I would say apply with your daughter if that is your genuine situation.
I remember a lot of non-Nigerians in your position...grad students with teaching positions did it.

The major concern is your finances do not seem to match the demands of an extra applicant (child). Right now it seems your husband only has 6m to cover.
A) your part tuition in Canada
B) your living cost in Canada
C) your daughter's childcare and living
D) any extra costs he has in Nigeria

I would suggest you do the math yourself.
Create a budget sheet breaking down the forementioned and see if it adds up. If it comfortably adds up, you can reference it in your SOP and attach it to your SOP.

E.g
I will have access to N5m (30k Canadian) per year during my studies in Canada. This is from my sponsor's (husband) job.
Attached is a budget sheet which illustrates how this will fully cover my academic costs, my living costs and my daughter's childcare cost.
You then break everything down in an easy to understand table.

I personally would not factor in the pay from the job in the main budget. This shows you can afford everything independent of the job.

At the end, mention, I have also received a RA job which pays $30 an hour (whatever the pay is) and will be working a total of xyz hours a month. This will give me an extra xyz amount. This money will be set aside for any emergencies which may arise.

Pray and apply early. If your first app is unsuccessful (by God's grace it will be successful) you can then reapply without your daughter.

Team12:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
tee12345:

I still maintain that it is not a must. Evidence he has a paid job; Yes but not letter on study leave; No.
I didn't say it's a must. If u shld read wat I wrote I mentioned that there are pple who didn't add dat and yet they chopped TRV it's just God's favour. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
ferdimako:

You would have tried PR visa for there or Oz. Anyway, congrats!
smileyGod willing, that too will fall in place.. Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by IyaEjima(f): 1:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
tweeny24:

Hello ma...I sent you a PM...need your help with something
Replied
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kepner(f): 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2015
edwinbiz:
Hello house please must my custodian be a citizen or permanent resident in canada?

Yes.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by halle2: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Dear halle2,

Many thanks for your contribution. I appreciate it. The source of funding is still my state government. I got it about two years ago but because I had not secured admission, I placed it in fixed deposit because of security and other reasons. Shortly after I got the offer, I liquidated it and it will be four months old at the end of the month. The account is over three years old.

Do you reckon I can do the medicals before applying or wait till I am instructed to do so by CIC?

Will hard copies of my transcript and certificate be required when I go for biometrics?

Thank you once again!

You might have to show evidence that it is from your sponsor, you can also show that it has been in an investment before it got back to your account (eg investment advice).You can either do medicals upfront or wait to be instructed, it is your choice. It is only the biometrics instruction and your travel passport you require for biometrics. Ensure to go through previous parts of this topic (part 5 or so) to get more helpful information.
Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by halle2: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
Team12:

From my experience, I decided to apply alone first and leave my kids behind. However, your case is different because you do not have a solid arrangement for your baby if you leave her behind. Note that childcare in Canada is CRAZY expensive (around 800cad per child per month) so you will need to factor in that amount for the duration of your stay and convert to our devalued naira along with other expenses when showing evidence of financial capability.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrchemist(m): 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Lemme add to wat iyaejima mentioned, he can indicate that you wld be coming back after your studies.

Thanks Good ideal.. God. Bless u..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Kepner:

But on the form there is a place that needs thicking and you either thick if the person is a permanent resident or a citizen. How can i go about that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
Why are u complicating issues ?
Go via online route.In that case you need only scan all documents including your dad's own.
The man is old school and must have heard lots of scams. I do not blame him at all. Examples of Prodigal children who have sold their parents property illegally are common.
Do everything including asking mum to persuade him. Persuade him to a business centre where he can do the scanning while he holds on to the original.
If he is proves difficult, go buy 3 in one printer which is now less that 8K bring to the house and scan all your docs where he feels they are safe.
Try, try and try everything possible including looking for a co-sponsor.
NEVER, NEVER fail to submit your application after trying your best in the circumstance.
Pray GOD to complement your application and complete it in the eye of the V.O.
It is well with you (amen)
sexysammy0906:
Good morning. pls i would like to ask a question about visa processing for study permit. my dad who is my sponsor has refused to give me his land document or shares certificates whether original or notarised photocopy . i have tried to reason with him that it is important that i have this document to ensure my chances of getting a visa but he insists that it is a scam that no one in embassies asks for land or share document for visa. since there is no way to convince him that it is not a scam and i do not have anyone else to ask, pls what do i do??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
halle2:

You might have to show evidence that it is from your sponsor, you can also show that it has been in an investment before it got back to your account (eg investment advice).You can either do medicals upfront or wait to be instructed, it is your choice. It is only the biometrics instruction and your travel passport you require for biometrics. Ensure to go through previous parts of this topic (part 5 or so) to get more helpful information.
Cheers!

Dear halle2,

Thanks a million! I'm very grateful for your contribution. I will have a look at previous pages on this topic.

Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Team12:

Apply with your baby my sister but show proof of strong funds to cater for him/her. I have a friend that applied with her baby and one that applied with whole family and both were successful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by sexysammy0906: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
[quote author=soji0509 post=31393168]Why are u complicating issues ?
Go via online route.In that case you need only scan all documents including your dad's own.
The man is old school and must have heard lots of scams. I do not blame him at all. Examples of Prodigal children who have sold their parents property illegally are common.
Do everything including asking mum to persuade him. Persuade him to a business centre where he can do the scanning while he holds on to the original.
If he is proves difficult, go buy 3 in one printer which is now less that 8K bring to the house and scan all your docs where he feels they are safe.
Try, try and try everything possible including looking for a co-sponsor.
NEVER, NEVER fail to submit your application after trying your best in the circumstance.
Pray GOD to complement your application and complete it in the eye of the V.O.
It is well with you (amen)
[/quote
thanks for the advice. as i stated in my other posts he doesn't want to. i told him i just needed a photocopy or scanned copy, he said he isn't giving me any. we have a a scanner at home so it isn't like he is scared i will do smth with his documents and he isn't worried about me scamming him. my mom also supports him on that. i have told him everything and anything possible. he stills insist he isn't releasing anything.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2015
hmmm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
Rickywowoz:
Please my boss,when contacting potential supervisors, did you attach your CV and transcript in the mail you sent to them?

Read the personal page of the p.supervisors. Some give a format for emails from prospective students and what they expect to be attached. For those who do not put it, I would advise you just send a mail without any attachment. Then if they reply you, send your transcript and CVs. Reason why I say this is that I have met some paranoid academics that do not open mails with attachments from people they do not know (Virus Alert!)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
tweeny24:
Hello everyone in the house..all d gurus dem I hail una ooo.. pls I want to know whether it's important to use the UCI number and also state that one has been denied before when re applying or its better if they treat it as a new app...don siga,amefrica,oga fhemmy and all oda bosses...pls I need your input on this one..thanks in advance

It's important to use the same UCI and you have to be honest, they've got your record already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gudevenin' my pple,
Quite an age I posted on dis movin' forum, thou', I do some follow ups, by readin' pple contributions 'n responses. I pray, all those wu take their time to reply pples questions shall be rewarded big time, iJN.
As I prepare for mine...I need few clarifications...
Firstly...my in-law wnts to b my sponsor, n he works in d bank, pls, is it advisable to use him, cos he works in d bank, 'n if yes, shld he use d bank accnt wre he works as SoA, or oda banks. Wnt to knw if there is any implication.
Secondly, I want to knw if I can use my dad as co-sponsor, but d little pro I ve is dat, he dnt operate bank acctn...cos of d nature of his buz, i.e produce(palm-kernel licensed by d state govt) wre he needs cash-flow at evry point in time. So, how can he fit in, thou' his landed properties r onboard.
Pls, my pple, I need ur advice on dis...
Thanks for all d good works...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
Team12:
I have just this one child. My hubby will be in Naija. He has his own company. I was given Part Tuition scholarship and Research Assistanship Job offer (with Pay) at the University of Winnipeg to resume in September 2015.

Hello, Please how long after your admission did you get your funding?
I just got admitted yesterday for MSC Physics but they said funding will be communicated later.
I'll appreciate your kind input.

Cc pchax
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by hayqinsbFX: 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
congrats.....what course and school
atinuke005:

Sponsor(dad)
Company's SOA....4m
Dad's personal soa...4.5m
Credit supplier statement showing a company owes 13M.
Land documents (included all the proof I could find plus documents that had my grandpa's name and my mum.)
Affidavit of sponsorship by dad(notarized)
Company's letter of introduction signed by the secretary(n.b...no secretary ooo!!one man bizness, I wrote my mum's maiden name en told her 2sign).
Mysef
Admission letter, reciept of tuition deposit,cic forms,study permit questionaire(very detailed),transcript,bsc cert,o'level cert,nysc cert.
No SOP
Prayed well& fast!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.