Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,315 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1150061 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Rickywowoz: 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
pchax:
Please Oga Siga and all other bosses, in your opinion, what is the cheapest service to use to call Nigeria? I currently use international call cards and it costs like $10 for 140 minutes. I feel that there are better deals out there. I can even see some on google but do not know which one to trust with my credit card details.

Thanks for your anticipated feedback.

Thanks alot boss... you have a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello please can one switch uni while still in nigeria whereas he/she has applied for visa with a diff uni
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kelvinpam(m): 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Which sch @darefestus...kindly send me a pm..i'll need ya help.

darefestus:

Hello, Please how long after your admission did you get your funding?
I just got admitted yesterday for MSC Physics but they said funding will be communicated later.
I'll appreciate your kind input.

Cc pchax
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by akanni(m): 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
edwinbiz:
Hello please can one switch uni while still in nigeria whereas he/she has applied for visa with a diff uni
yes you can!
I am a typical example, once you get your visa,go online to your cic account and change the DLI from your previous school to the present school you want to attend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by edwinbiz(m): 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2015
akanni:

Ok thanks man.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello @Standupguy anything yet? Asper your case file?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by emperoracro(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ugochux:

So what stopped you from applying?
Decided to change sch, got something better
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 08, 2015
@ all,

I have gleaned loads of information going through previous pages. However, I have a couple of questions.

After completing the online application, are original copies of supporting documents sent by DHL?

Should transcripts be in official envelopes? I have an original copy of my MSc transcript (UK) which is not in any official envelope.

Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 1:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 1:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks. Noted

halle2:

From my experience, I decided to apply alone first and leave my kids behind. However, your case is different because you do not have a solid arrangement for your baby if you leave her behind. Note that childcare in Canada is CRAZY expensive (around 800cad per child per month) so you will need to factor in that amount for the duration of your stay and convert to our devalued naira along with other expenses when showing evidence of financial capability.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 1:39am On Mar 08, 2015
lol. Thanks.

[quote author=akanni post=31395748][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 2:04am On Mar 08, 2015
Team12:
Thank you so much for your advice. I have done the maths- Manitoba is one of the cheapest province to live in in Canada. Their Child Care is 1/2 what obtains in Ontario and other provinces, even Tuition is about 6k dollars cheaper. Good thing is my program is exactly 1 year.

The part Tuition is 9k (1.5million) and that would have been paid for before application. So the 6m does not include Tuition.

Here's the breakdown:
Child Care -500 dollars/month (1m/year)
Cost of living for 1 year -10k dollars (1.68m)
Cost of living for additional dependent for 1 year - 4k dollars (672k)
Accommodation for 1 year 6k dollars (1m)

That's about 4.4 million, and excludes income from the RA.

My hubby's business is active, so I expect the VO should understand that alot of money would be in transit or tied in one project or the other. His business is definitely going to take care of his bills back home.

On a second thought, may be we will increase the SOA balance to say 7m before applying.

Thanks again

Manitoba make sense die

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 08, 2015
RE:Gudevenin' my pple,
Quite an age I posted on dis movin' forum, thou', I do some follow ups, by readin' pple contributions 'n responses. I pray, all those wu take their time to reply pples questions shall be rewarded big time, iJN.
As I prepare for mine...I need few clarifications...
Firstly...my in-law wnts to b my sponsor, n he works in d bank, pls, is it advisable to use him, cos he works in d bank, 'n if yes, shld he use d bank accnt wre he works as SoA, or oda banks. Wnt to knw if there is any implication.
Secondly, I want to knw if I can use my dad as co-sponsor, but d little pro I ve is dat, he dnt operate bank acctn...cos of d nature of his buz, i.e produce(palm-kernel licensed by d state govt) wre he needs cash-flow at evry point in time. So, how can he fit in, thou' his landed properties r onboard.
Pls, my pple, I need ur advice on dis...
Thanks for all d good works...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 4:26am On Mar 08, 2015
Rickywowoz:

Thanks alot boss... you have a pm

You welcome... I have forgotten the password to the mail connected to my Nairaland but you can ask any question on this thread and more experienced people can give better advice. Except is extremely personal shaaaa.... Best of luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by pchax: 4:34am On Mar 08, 2015
darefestus:

Hello, Please how long after your admission did you get your funding?
I just got admitted yesterday for MSC Physics but they said funding will be communicated later.
I'll appreciate your kind input.

Cc pchax

Firstly, a huge CONGRATS on your admission. I`m really envious of your field. Alot of smart minds there smiley

I did not get funding on admission because in my school funding comes through Teaching Assistanship (TA) and you can not become a TA if you do not have a 80% GPA. My GP was not up to 80% (3.56/5.00). It differs from school to school though. So I would advice you BOMBARD YOUR GRADUATE SECRETARY WITH MAILS ("Hello Ma, My name is XYZ and I have just be offered an admission to study blahblah...).

You can contact your supervisor though to know if he has funding. If he has, he can support you from it in the name of Research Assistant. If he doesn't have and he is taking a course the semester you are entering, you can ask him if the course involves Lab session. If it does, request to be his Lab Assistant. Money too fit komot from that one too.

So to answer your question, I don't know HOW LONG it takes to receive funding since there are many varibales involved as I explained above.

CONGRATS! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by double08(m): 5:12am On Mar 08, 2015
@pchax u re buying credit to call naija? U be Dangote pikin abi. If u have an Andriod, iphone or BlackBerry come lemme hook you up but u go pay some egunje grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by loriaidah(f): 6:11am On Mar 08, 2015
JohnDuke259:
@ all,

I have gleaned loads of information going through previous pages. However, I have a couple of questions.

After completing the online application, are original copies of supporting documents sent by DHL?

Should transcripts be in official envelopes? I have an original copy of my MSc transcript (UK) which is not in any official envelope.

I think ur credentials are supposed to be scan and uploaded and attached to the application then sent.that's my our thinking gurus will clarify

Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 6:54am On Mar 08, 2015
JohnDuke259:
@ all,

Thank you all!
u will be asked at the vo while submitting to remove the transcript from the envelop. It happened to me and i became worried cos mine is an official envelop.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 6:57am On Mar 08, 2015
akanni:

yes you can!
I am a typical example, once you get your visa,go online to your cic account and change the DLI from your previous school to the present school you want to attend.
I believe this is possible only for online routers what about paper routers, how do they go abt their own.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 08, 2015
CruzAj:
u will be asked at the vo while submitting to remove the transcript from the envelop. It happened to me and i became worried cos mine is an official envelop.

Thank you so much for your response. I wish to apply online. Do I need to submit the documents in person or send it by DHL?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Thank you so much for your response. I wish to apply online. Do I need to submit the documents in person or send it by DHL?
If you apply online, you will submit all your scanned docs online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Bobola86:

If you apply online, you will submit all your scanned docs online.

Thank you so much for your response. So there would be no need to submit the original copy to them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 10:22am On Mar 08, 2015
JohnDuke259:

Even when u scan ur documents and send online u still need to go to VO for biometrice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 10:49am On Mar 08, 2015
Hello house. I am about to apply for my trv for the second time. This time around I want to include some landed property as home tie but I do not have the C/O. Please how do i go about it? I was advised to see a lawyer but he told me that it would take about a year to get. please is there an alternative? Someone mentioned R/O. Kindly help. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2015
pchax:

Firstly, a huge CONGRATS on your admission. I`m really envious of your field. Alot of smart minds there smiley

I did not get funding on admission because in my school funding comes through Teaching Assistanship (TA) and you can not become a TA if you do not have a 80% GPA. My GP was not up to 80% (3.56/5.00). It differs from school to school though. So I would advice you BOMBARD YOUR GRADUATE SECRETARY WITH MAILS ("Hello Ma, My name is XYZ and I have just be offered an admission to study blahblah...).

You can contact your supervisor though to know if he has funding. If he has, he can support you from it in the name of Research Assistant. If he doesn't have and he is taking a course the semester you are entering, you can ask him if the course involves Lab session. If it does, request to be his Lab Assistant. Money too fit komot from that one too.

So to answer your question, I don't know HOW LONG it takes to receive funding since there are many varibales involved as I explained above.

CONGRATS! cheesy

Thanks for the heads up..
I am guessing the details will come with the admission letter (hopefully)..I felt the need to ask because I read on another forum how Funding/fellowship decisions can take almost as long as the application process itself. I've taken my tym to read about the fin.Aid Checklists and requirements some of which I meet, so fingers crossed on which one I get.
I will however consider your options of a mail if I do not get it on time-hopefully it wont come to that.

@KelvinPam

Bro, I cant send mesages from on here but u can drop ur mail and I'll reach u..Hope that helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2015
Inkblood:
Hello house. I am about to apply for my trv for the second time. This time around I want to include some landed property as home tie but I do not have the C/O. Please how do i go about it? I was advised to see a lawyer but he told me that it would take about a year to get. please is there an alternative? Someone mentioned R/O. Kindly help. Thanks

What other documents do you have? If you have Survey plan or any other document, go ahead and apply. It is just an evidence that you have a property that they need. Pray for God's favour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2015
Thank you very much
yregs:

What other documents do you have? If you have Survey plan or any other document, go ahead and apply. It is just an evidence that you have a property that they need. Pray for God's favour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2015
CruzAj:
Even when u scan ur documents and send online u still need to go to VO for biometrice.

Thanks a million!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
Inkblood:
submit the deed, power of attorney, survey plan...anytin u have concerning the property in question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
Team12:
It's part Tuition and a Research Assistant Offer from University of Winnipeg. I also got University of Ottawa, Carleton Uni and Uni Manitoba, but none offered me scholarship.

hey, please was the decision made on your Manitoba app? what department?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
CruzAj:

Please don't get this wrong, you're going to the Canadian Visa Application Center (CVAC) not to the Vo or the embassy.
People make this mistake a lot.

And its biometrics.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by CruzAj(m): 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
tnuola:

Please don't get this wrong, you're going to the Canadian Visa Application Center (CVAC) not to the Vo or the embassy.
People make this mistake a lot.

And its biometrics.
tnx @tnuola for dat correction

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.