Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1152581 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by dbabba: 8:28am On May 12, 2015
Please, I would love to know how long a SOA can take before it won't be accepted. I've collected my sponsor's SOA for 2 weeks now but yet to submit due to some hindrances.

Siga, tnuola
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:35am On May 12, 2015
dbabba:
Please, I would love to know how long a SOA can take before it won't be accepted. I've collected my sponsor's SOA for 2 weeks now but yet to submit due to some hindrances.

Siga, tnuola

Two weeks ago would be sometime in April-I don't think that would be ideal.
Get one that covers a part of may too and you can submit that this month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 9:41am On May 12, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
Is it necesary to have paid part of the tuition before applying, cos most happen to do? anyone pls do ans. tanks

Bro, if you can, do.
Just like adding it doesn't guarantee visa, it also doesn't jeopardize your chance of getting one.
I get the impression that it shows a bit of seriousness-Particularly if your other documents fall in line and if you are not being sponsored by a direct relative (e.g Dad, Brother or sister)..Although before you do read the School's refund policy to see if it suites you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 11:06am On May 12, 2015
tnuola:
Hello Lucky12g

Its nice that you've been doing a little bit of research, but you should keep reading this thread, u can start from part5. From the looks of things you have very little idea of the entire process, so my advice is don't be in a hurry to apply, take your time to study and understand the process, so the moment you try, you'll get it.

If your intention is to remain in canada after your sudies, I'd advice you take a 2year prog, instead of 1year.

Unfortunately I have no idea what sheridan college is like.

For the visa application process, the 2.5m is a little low, you might need a sponsor/co sponsor.
However the case may be you'll need to read the thread more for better understanding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by babajust: 11:42am On May 12, 2015
Hello house,
I need ur candid advice. I'm a computer science graduate from a uni. in naija and I currently work with an international telecoms firm where I earn abt 150k with over 3yrs experience. I'm currently making plans of relocating to canada. My questions are; what are the prospects in terms of job opportunity of a telecoms engrs in canada? Hw is the telecoms industry in canada? And for guyz in Toronto, hw much do you knw about Humber College`s academic performance and overall rating cos I intend doing a year postgraduate course in wireless telecommunication at Humber college? Cost of living in Ontario too. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 11:51am On May 12, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 11:57am On May 12, 2015
Hi Guys,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by babajust: 12:04pm On May 12, 2015
tnuola:

I'm very sure he wants to stay for a long long time ...lol

Are u saying with a year program one can't eventually get a PR & PWP? Must it be a two years program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 12, 2015
babajust:

Are u saying with a year program one can't eventually get a PR & PWP? Must it be a two years program?

She us saying a one year program entitles you to a one year PGWP..
It is left to you to change to a two-year program or After your first year in Canada begin another program to span two years so you can enjoy your 2 years PGwP on completion of both programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 12:52pm On May 12, 2015
babajust:

No.... If you take a one year prog you're entitiled to a one year PGWP, while a 2year prog qualifies you for a 3year PGWP.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:52pm On May 12, 2015
Please is it possible to submit documents scanned in black and white? I am having issues with my proof of funds docs - It's a lot! I have done all the compression I can even with d bad as software recommended by @SeyiMilan (works wonders). I don't want the clarity to be affected...don't want to submit docs that VOS can't read. Black and white scan is usually less in size than coloured. Any one that has gotten TV with black and white scanned docs pas reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 12, 2015
^ Are u not submitting paper again? Can't help with the question, sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 2:58pm On May 12, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 3:02pm On May 12, 2015
Nope! I have never had plans to go thru paper...online all the way!!

darefestus:
^
Are u not submitting paper again?
Can't help with the question, sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 12, 2015
Are you going there for sch? Cambridge is a quiet city, lots of big houses, very safe. I met a Ghanaian lady who told me they moved all the way from Montreal to Cambridge because her husband (a food Scientist, also Ghanaian) couldn't find a job there but ended up finding a good one in Cambridge; she's a stay-at-home mother. So it's actually a good place for finding work because there're lots of companies there. Don't expect much of a party scene though but there's an express bus and other connecting buses going to nearby cities.

sheriph:
House member, any info about Cambridge, Ontario, Canada,, work , life and security....general info pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:12pm On May 12, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 3:27pm On May 12, 2015
Team12:
Please is it possible to submit documents scanned in black and white? I am having issues with my proof of funds docs - It's a lot! I have done all the compression I can even with d bad as software recommended by @SeyiMilan (works wonders). I don't want the clarity to be affected...don't want to submit docs that VOS can't read. Black and white scan is usually less in size than colored. Any one that has gotten TV with black and white scanned docs pas reply.
The VO's don't care if the documents are in colored print or not. Go ahead and scanned what you have. The most important thing is the authenticity of what you are submitting and not the color of the documents.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Lucky12g: 3:32pm On May 12, 2015
tnuola:
Hello Lucky12g

Its nice that you've been doing a little bit of research, but you should keep reading this thread, u can start from part5. From the looks of things you have very little idea of the entire process, so my advice is don't be in a hurry to apply, take your time to study and understand the process, so the moment you try, you'll get it.

If your intention is to remain in canada after your sudies, I'd advice you take a 2year prog, instead of 1year.

Unfortunately I have no idea what sheridan college is like.

For the visa application process, the 2.5m is a little low, you might need a sponsor/co sponsor.
However the case may be you'll need to read the thread more for better understanding.

@ tnuola, thanks for your response,
I have been a regular reader on this trend which has made me to be patient up to this time to make a decision.From your response, how much do you think i need more from my sponsor to support me ?
Of course i want to stay for a very long time.

From my research, i learnt that most Canadian animation companies will not hire international graduates directly from school because they get tax credits for hiring Canadians .In other words, it costs them more to hire an international graduates, so you would have to be really extraordinary and/or able to do something for them that they can't find a Canadian to do, to be hired before you have resident status.

If you go to a public college, the post grad work permit means once you graduate you can apply for a work permit that allows you to take any job while you wait to get resident status, at which time , when one apply for jobs, the company that hires you will be eligible for the tax credits.

Which means after i graduate, i intend to apply for a work permit that allows me to take any job while i wait to get resident status

How much do you think i need more from my sponsor to support me ?
Sheridan college is in Oakville, Ontario. Do you know the standard of living there?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by slimmy2000: 3:34pm On May 12, 2015
justicia:
@all and @Kacchiz and anyone delayed for insufficient funds only. Pls how did u tackle it. Did u change ur sponsors or they just beefed up their acct. Was delayed on May 4, planing to reapply by May 25. I intend to replace one of my sponsors because his acct has been seriously depleted. I used my Dad n Uncle b4, wana use my Aunt (abt 19M in SoA) and the same Uncle (to beef up SoA to abt 8M) now. Considering using only my Aunt buh I feel retaining one of the sponsors will help. pls review.
@ Justicia, I think you should retain the two initial sponsors and add your aunt as the 3rd one. try and see how your dad account can be beefed up a little as well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 3:47pm On May 12, 2015
slimmy2000:
@ Justicia, I think you should retain the two initial sponsors and add your aunt as the 3rd one. try and see how your dad account can be beefed up a little as well.
@Justica, you can use your aunt SOA, if you feel your finances has improved as at the last time you submitted your application. Do not use your dad's SOA if there's no funds inside.
Remember the reason for the delay was insufficient account. So demonstrate that in your new application and go ahead and submit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 3:49pm On May 12, 2015
Opesyy:
J'mapelle cest bien merci, trois ke? I hope i answered you question grin jk

Hahahahaha...Opessy...u wont kee me... grin cheesy
Merci en tout cas d'avoir me faire rigoler

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 3:53pm On May 12, 2015
Solo8:

The only French speaking part of Canada is Quebec. Cost of living is cheaper there than in Toronto, being bilingual will give you an edge in HR almost anywhere in Canada.

Thank you solo8. i appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Taike: 3:56pm On May 12, 2015
Online applicants, please how do I sign those parts of the family information form stating that i have no common law partner and no children?

Please help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:59pm On May 12, 2015
@lucky12g

There's no exact amount persay that should be in your sponsors account, because even applicants with well funded accounts get delayed.

As for Oakville, I have no idea about it as I'm still in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by cherie24(f): 3:59pm On May 12, 2015
akanni:

I had a friend that relocated from Quebec, and it was because he couldn't speak french.
There are lots of job opportunities and you being billingual is a plus, you might have challenges deciding which job to pick.
Montreal is Canada's second biggest city after Toronto (google confirms it) and the commercial hub of Quebec where french is the major language spoken.So, go for it and wish you the best!

Many many thanks akanni. i do very much appreciate. j'aime bien ton avis et je le considererai bien tot. (i like your opinion and i will consider it soon)..Merci beaucoup
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by deedee0: 4:24pm On May 12, 2015
Taike:
Online applicants, please how do I sign those parts of the family information form stating that i have no common law partner and no children?

Please help!
Just put date and leave d signature space blank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Team12: 4:56pm On May 12, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 12, 2015
Team12:
I just did some research on CIC website. Based on he info below, you can apply for a work permit extension...so I am thinking it also applies to PGWP. I believe...

Extend your work permit

You must apply to extend your work permit if you want to stay in Canada for any of the following reasons:

Your job is extended or changes
You are offered a different job in Canada
You want to live and work in Canada permanently
You want to leave Canada and then re-enter
You will be allowed to extend your work permit for a period of time that adds up to – but does not exceed – the maximum of four years of work in Canada. Find out more about the four-year maximum.

If you have applied to extend your status and an emergency situation requires you to travel outside Canada before you get your new permit, find out about Canada’s re-admittance conditions.

PGWP is a one time thing! Can never be renewed. Even if you want to further your studies after, you can't apply for it again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Taike: 5:32pm On May 12, 2015
deedee0:

Just put date and leave d signature space blank

Thanks so much!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Luvace: 5:34pm On May 12, 2015
hello house. do i get another sponsor cos a sum of 2m+ was paid into my dads account as rent within 3days. i know dis can be termed money lodgement, please how do i handle this situation? i intend applying soonest. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by SeyiMiilan: 5:40pm On May 12, 2015
[quote author=Taike post=33666785] put the date you are submitting your application there.. No need to sign

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.