Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery (30877 Views)

Behind The Wheels Of A Murder / Mystery Man (short Story) / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
*perching on a tree with a MIC. Thanks for d updates................me's loving d turn out of tins.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
touchmeder:
Thanks to everyone for the comments and all on this thread. @omokoladele been a wee while; na the enjoyment you still dey?
Leggo!
Oga i jst dey on a low key.
Am feeling d story badali. Carry go notin do u

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 2:20am On Dec 28, 2014
I was reading this last update and hearing what I imagine ms imades will sound like cheesy she'll have this deep single Bini mom's voice

big ups for bringing yo characters to life touchmeder

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Plaitex(f): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2014
Haha. This mrs Imade na wayo woman. After she don pet the boy finish, she wan cum beat am. Touchmeder, thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
All I can say is she's really trying her best for the kids.....this update is superb touchmeder
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Toeyean1507:
*perching on a tree with a MIC. Thanks for d updates................me's loving d turn out of tins.
Be careful not to fall from the tree, ground no dey friendly this time
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
charijee:
Be careful not to fall from the tree, ground no dey friendly this time
. Lolz. if to say ah nor climb tree,ao u for take see me?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
Toeyean1507:
. Lolz. if to say ah nor climb tree,ao u for take see me?
You be Zaccheaus ni?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
charijee:
You be Zaccheaus ni?
Lol,not @ all. I just love being seen and heard
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Toeyean1507:
Lol,not @ all. I just love being seen and heard
carry go jare but watch that branch o
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
charijee:
carry go jare but watch that branch o
Thanks sweery................#noHomo
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
charijee:
All I can say is she's really trying her best for the kids.....this update is superb touchmeder

Thats right. She is not a perfect mother by any stretch of imagination but that last chapter allows us see she really cares for her children. Does that absolve her of murder though? undecided Lets keep reading!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
The Trip to Hades!

I was unhappy about this visit to Oko prison. For reasons best known to my mother, she decided I would accompany her. When I asked why, she said she was scared of going alone.

Then she told me an amusing yet annoying story. She said when she was much younger, she used to have funny dreams of being locked in a prison and trying to escape while other inmates kept pulling her back. She said it was not Oko prison but the one along Sapele Road, opposite The State High Court. I knew that prison; the wall was very high and imposing.

I didn’t know whether to believe her or not. But here I was today, waiting at the agreed place where we would take a bus to Oko Central. I had just closed from school and I was tired, hungry and angry.

She tapped me from behind and I greeted her. I tried to take her small bag from her but she refused and clutched it tighter. It was not her handbag, just a green carrier bag she usually took to school. She kept her lesson notes, scripts, textbook, food flask and water in it. I didn’t bother sef, I had my school bag and it was heavy enough.

We journeyed to the prison in silence. I sat opposite her in the bus (the area conductor's sit) and felt like a complete tosser! I mean they were smaller children seated comfortably in the bus and here I was (old mama like me) squashed in the corner like Titus sardine! I just think life is so unfair.

Now this is the reason why I am always unhappy and they (Uncle Nathan and co) say I am rude. Well I don’t mean to be rude, I just have so much unhappiness in my heart and it flows out naturally. Quite often, I find my lips moving and the recipients face changing from a smile to concern then a deep frown. Oh well that’s a story for another day I guess.

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
She picked up a cutlery from the table and raised it to the sky while I groaned in protest ''mummy please don’t do that.''

Suddenly Uncle Nathan said ''sister no need for that. I didn’t say anything about Niyi's visit because I didn’t want to introduce trouble into the equation. Only me, look at where I am today. So if I introduced another man's name, where would he be?''

My mother threw the cutlery on the table and began to weep quietly. The spoon bounced off the table and landed on the ground with a clatter. I could see she was not convinced by his last statement. ''Nathan, you are blowing hot and cold'' she announced.

''No I'm not!''

''Yes you are my brother and I'm getting really scared. You are not just a brother to me, you are like my first son. I've taken care of you right from your junior secondary …''

''Sister don’t even go there!'' he groaned.

My mother ignored him and continued ''you are speaking from both sides of your mouth and I can see through you. If that is the case, then what did you mean by let the police find Niyi. You said that at the start of this visit but now you are saying the opposite. If there is something you are hiding from me, now is a good time. Pamela, please step out, I need to speak to your uncle alone.''

Before I could get up, Uncle Nathan stood up. The chain on his hands and feet made a terrible sound like the call of death.

''Warder!'' he shouted, ''come and take me back to my cell.'' He looked at my mother and shook his head ''I know nothing just like you and thanks for the meal.''

The warder arrived and led him away then my mother crumpled on the dirty floor and began to cry again.

3 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
spellbinding!!!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Wow!!!! All I av to say is Fire On!!
Am feeling d story cheesy
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by vickyozohu(f): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
wow! Dis is hot! Getting interesting
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
Amen!!! I love d new twist. Kudos to u,bro. May we see more of u in #2015. HNY,boss
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Timothy3113(m): 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR Touchmeder,
9ce story here. Na dem mod ban me.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Timothy3113(m): 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Toeyean1507:
Amen!!! I love d new twist. Kudos to u,bro. May we see more of u in #2015. HNY,boss
No b bro na sis

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by teamplayey: 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thanks, Touchmeder.
Compliments!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Toeyean1507(f): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
Timothy3113:
No b bro na sis
Oh! Thanks for dat
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by SusannaJohnson(f): 3:15am On Jan 01, 2015
Wish u a prosperous new year touchmeder. This new suspence twist is a big plus. Pls don't keep us waiting for too long.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
wait is touchmeder a boy or girl anyways happy new year to everyone on the thread smiley

I feel bad for Nathan sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2017-2018 Chatbox / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story) / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.