Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery (30918 Views)

Behind The Wheels Of A Murder / Mystery Man (short Story) / The Murder Case- A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:33am On Dec 16, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:35am On Dec 16, 2014
Gosh i just love that spooky picture.

Lemme invite the other guys: Lenmafon, xyzxx, teamplayey, PrincessB1, costlybabe, Seunviju, Joliematt, Fareedah86, Essyydiamond, Kanechimex, Diamondamsel, Queening, Tablet, Adukky, Debbysky, Olaitan3784, Stuff46, Susannajohnson, gal10, Plaitex.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by missterious(f): 4:27am On Dec 16, 2014
I just love this story

*reads for the fifth time* grin
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by kanechimex(m): 6:15am On Dec 16, 2014
I don land. nice story. I will soon start mine though
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
kanechimex:
I don land. nice story. I will soon start mine though

Nice one; look forward to your story.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
missterious:
I just love this story

*reads for the fifth time* grin

Thanks dear.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
?

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by charijee(f): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Theres something bout this stranger and who must have killed him?
Nice one touchmeder

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Who killed d stranger?
Suspense!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lenmafon: 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
is that little girl an ogbanje child? cos i dont understand if she saw something which others did not see or can nathan be behind it and be pretending? kai touchmender come and clear this suspense pls
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Shebarh(f): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
I don't understand dis story... is dis a true lyf story or is it fiction...
and is dat lil gal an ogbanje or wat....d story is juss lyk all dis chuna achebe stories... especially with d titles.... all d same nice work... keep it up!
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by aao: 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
nice storyline, I for comment bout the little girl but I dey fear say she be ogbanje.. I did not say anything o

2 Likes

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nobody: 5:59am On Dec 17, 2014
A classic. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2014
lenmafon:
is that little girl an ogbanje child? cos i dont understand if she saw something which others did not see or can nathan be behind it and be pretending? kai touchmender come and clear this suspense pls

Ogbanje? Where from? Lenmafon nor use laugh finish me oh!

Let me explain again. Edugie is a mentally challenged child or has developmental disability (I made this clear at some point).
She happened to be in the parlour (under the dining table) when the stranger was making out with her mother. She saw it, Pamela (her elder sister) saw it too but their mother has asked them to lie about it.

Remember Edugie wakes up early around 5/6am. Yeah, so she woke up early and was the first to discover the stranger was dead. She could not communicate it in clear terms to Pamela, but she kept singing that nursery rhyme. She does not have a spiritual inside to anything neither is she an ogbanje.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2014
MzNelly:
A classic. smiley

omokoladele:
Who killed d stranger?
Suspense!!!!

charijee:
Theres something bout this stranger and who must have killed him?
Nice one touchmeder

Thanks guys; it promises to have you guessing and wondering whodunit? tongue
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:18am On Dec 17, 2014
Shebarh:
I don't understand dis story... is dis a true lyf story or is it fiction...
and is dat lil gal an ogbanje or wat....d story is juss lyk all dis chuna achebe stories... especially with d titles.... all d same nice work... keep it up!

Shebarh thanks for the compliment. At the start of the story, I said this is pure fiction; a figment of my imagination.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Good morning my lovely readers i see yall peeping. LOL

Lemme drop this before i rush off. Guys this story is a work in progress and I look forward to constructive criticism. If I call someone corporal instead of sergeant or my bini is off please bring it to my attention. Thanks
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2014
The Policemen in a White Truck

My mother was still crying when the men in black arrived in a white pickup truck. I was peeping from my mother's window and Edugie was giggling by my side. There were about 4 of them but they refused to take the corpse away.

''Call an ambulance!'' one of them spat out and the rest nodded in agreement.

''How many people stay in this house?'' another asked.

''Five of us''

''And how many slept here last night?''

''Five of us including the man on the couch'' I heard my mother reply.

They moved inside the house and I made my way out of the room to my next aproko spot. I peeped from outside the door leading to the parlour and could see the men shaking their head. One of them moved closer to the stranger and uttered a low curse. I could see he had stepped on the pool of blood but it had no effect on him. I am sure he has seen a lot of dead bodies and other evil things in his life time. I don’t think he really cared about securing the crime scene. I think he must be a religious or superstitious man because he made the sign of the cross just before he walked away from the corpse.

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by touchmeder: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2014
?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lenmafon: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2014
touchmeder:

Ogbanje? Where from? Lenmafon nor use laugh finish me oh!

Let me explain again. Edugie is mentally challenged child or has developmental disability (I made this clear at some point). She happened to be in the parlour (under the dining table) when the stranger was making out with her mother. She saw it, Pamela (her elder sister) saw it too but their mother has asked them to lie about it.

Remember Edugie wakes up early around 5/6am. Yeah, so she woke up early and was the first to discover the stranger was dead. She could not communicate it in clear terms to Pamela, but she kept singing that nursery rhyme. She does not have a spiritual inside to anything neither is she an ogbanje.

oh i see! my bad. thanks so much for de explanation. so can i say she might ve seen the killer undecided but does not know how to identify him? thanks dear for the update and de suspense is killing. now answer this question: WHO KILLED THE STRANGER IN OUR HOUSE?
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by teamplayey: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2014
The mother, I think is the culprit.
*(answer @ lenmafon)
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Clarakings(f): 6:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
The mother @lemafon
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by omokoladele(m): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
Uncle Nathan did
@ Lenmafon
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by lenmafon: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
good try @ omokoladele, clarakings and teamplayey. When touchmender confirms the answer, i will get back to u guys pls be patient. but why will mother kill the stranger when she enjoyed the bleeping by him? looks like she knows the man but pretended not to or is she covering up something? ok over to u touchmender come and update pls cos i get 'flenty' questions for my mind to ask u.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by Nmeri17: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
touchmeder:
''Let it go!'' the stranger said quietly. He reached for the phone on the stool and switched it off. He sounded very tired but I was not sure if it was because of what he was doing or something else.

''You must be cursed to stand there like a ghost and watch what is bigger than you …''

''I thought someone was in pain so …''

''Pamela listen to me, go to your room and shut your door. I don’t want you up until its daybreak; do you understand me?''

I stood rooted to the spot like an iroko tree. I don’t know if she could see me but I was not moving an inch until I saw my sister. It didn’t matter what anyone said.

The rain increased in tempo and lightening zapped through the sky. I could see the effect as it ran across the room and lit the corner of their faces.

''Get out of my sight immediately'' she whispered fiercely.

''Edugie is not on her bed'' I said trying to explain why I was out of mine.

She opened her mouth to say something but there was a slight rustling from under the dining table. The torch light from the phone came on again and a small figure dashed out from underneath the table.

''Jesus Christ!'' the stranger uttered in fright.

The sky thundered, another lightening followed and Edugie ran in our direction. She was wearing her white nightgown and she placed her hands on her ear.

''Nanananananananannanannanannananannanna!'' she began to chant.

all the children were watching cinema starring their mother as star actress grin

OP ya story is just AMAZING!! I'm really impressed.

@lenmafon the house was being broken into by a rival cult group and they murdered the guy. but I doubt op will continue on that storyline now I've said it

1 Like

Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by ghostwritter(m): 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
I hardly comment to threads but this is gonna be an exception.
I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY AND THE SUSPENSE of the story. KUDOZ!!
Honestly, I know how the stranger died but I Don't wanna ruin the suspense.
Re: The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery by SusannaJohnson(f): 3:27am On Dec 18, 2014
Touchmeder, thanks a bunch for inviting me to this thread, d story is so way cool and ur writing style is terrific.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

2017-2018 Chatbox / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart / AS E DEY Happen(a Pidgin Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.