Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. (37240 Views)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by adepiero: 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?
Your boss is a really big fool angry #NoOffense

Do you know how difficult it is to get a job? even to start an enterprise sef, the start up capital is another problem.

I searched for job for more than a year before I started working and I know ppl that are still searching for over 7yrs and are still unemployed. is it their fault or this useless country that has refused to empower the youth as well as the sectors that can benefit the people in terms of employment.

because you foolish boss is lucky to sit behind a desk, he feels he can rubbish other people by calling them lazy! just advice him that his post is not a permanent position. he could be back on the street searching for vacancy soon. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by darediamond(m): 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
The summary of what OP is saying I Creativity coupled with Humility.

So walking up and down the street to find job is not the issue nor you having a good certificate.

It is about thinking deep and wide and being humble enough to take whatever job that comes your way or which you come up with yourself which is not life-threatning.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
greengem:
how abt wen u dnt av d money to learn d trade or skills

You might be lucky to get someone who will teach you without collecting a dime.

Even if you aren't so lucky, believe me, learning those things are not as costly as you think.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by phazotron(m): 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.

ur head is there joor! op, ur boss is an immature kid that knows nothing about the reality of living in a country like Nigeria. i bet he's one of those very lucky chaps that had everything planned for them FROM day 1 because the average Nigerian who took the long way to the top wouldn't spew the rubbish ur boss is spewing from his dumbass mouth.

5 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Sunshinelady(f): 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
severee:
No I don't think its laziness, it is lack of opportunity and I blame it on the shallow minds,greed and incompetence of our so called leaders who are supposed to provide these opportunities by forcing the ideas into our heads as well as putting the tools in our hands.........

grin just kidding your boss is totally right! If you are poor, you deserve to be
. Lmao, smh
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by acidtalk: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I do 3d design cz that's in the line of what I studied in sko. It's what i have passion for. I went to school knowing what I want to achieve and what I want out of life, not just going to sko because I wanted a certificate!

My question is why go to school to study microbiology and end up selling ankara? If you truly wanted to do business, why not go into business management or something and be more sophisticated with your offerings rather than doing the same thing someone with primary school certificate is doing?? What is the use of the education?? It only shows lack of planning and not knowing what you want in life, taking chances and hoping to hit gold rather than having a laid out plan to achieving your goal.

If you want to sell akara, go to catering school and learn catering and be a professional at that. Map out ur plans to serve presidents.

So in this line u can start small, even on the street. This is reasonable. But why study medicine and then sell akara and pure water! That's wasted time, resources and effort on the education.

Oh Jeez!!! I understand where you are coming from but unfortunately you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

I will mention at least the top 5 CEO's each in the Oil & Gas, Marine, Advertising, Insurance, Security, and Hospitality business who all did not study anything relating to what they do now (60% of them NEVER went to the University) which has either taken them to Forbe's list or at least have been recognized by CNBC Africa (hope you know what that means).

Education is only a leverage, you have to be STREET SMART with a High level Hustling spirit to make it out there in that Jungle called life.

Once a man decides to drop his Pride and Picks up the Hard working spirit, Success is surely guaranteed. It might take a while but the darkness in the tunnel will certainly be a thing of history sooner than later.

These are secrets if majority of our youths knew they will damn the government and even family dependence and go out to claim the Success God has destined for them.

IF I KNEW 15YEARS AGO WHAT I KNOW NOW, I DEFINITELY WOULDNT HAVE STEPPED MY FEET IN THE FOUR WALLS OF THE UNIVERSITY NOT TO TALK OF FURTHERING.

9 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by mikolo80: 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
make i dey use my Msc.sell pure water on d streets?

Did your boss think of how capital is a big requirement for any kind of start up?

or maybe sell pure water and use ur savings to start whareva u were trained to do at school
go back to ss1 and collect the money you paid ur econs or commerce teacher.

Myriad ways to raise capital just that we were not taght well cos we wer e only interested in passing white collar job exams
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Lilimax(f): 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Alarib:

Thank you for this reply....I think most people just don't recognise opportunity....its always there...in various forms.....imagine if you sold pure water to the thousands of people that wrote the last immigration test in a single center.......just imagine...
Did I hear you mention pure water? A lot Nigerian graduates are filled with ego and these has made most of them Passed Over so many Opportunities Repeatedly thereby remaining POOR. I used to have this mentality that some jobs and trades are meant for illiterates or school drop -outs but it is all lies. Any graduate that find it difficult to secure a job should go learn a trade. I did that before securing a job and I'm better off now cos I presently combined my job with my trade and I'm currently considering leaving my job to face my trade squarely. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
pinshure of your boss or adonbiliv he said it.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Alarib:

Thank you for this reply....I think most people just don't recognise opportunity....its always there...in various forms.....imagine if you sold pure water to the thousands of people that wrote the last immigration test in a single center.......just imagine...

Quite hilarious but true.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.

Unless you're maimed or physically handicapped or you have a medical condition restricting you from doing certain jobs , I don't see any reason why you should not be earning a living. Most hale and hearty young lads don't want to work now but to revel in splendour and opulence , it doesn't work like that , get off your arssse and walk the streets of Lagos , in time you'll get a job ( even without paper qualification ) and with proper planning you can gather from a meagre income to set up a business of your own.
I'll use the example of a guy who worked for me a couple of years ago , 8 year ago to be precise , he started as an apprentice at my bakery and was been paid a meagre 10k a month. He started saving 6k every month for 11 months and at the start of the 12th month he got a bike ( Jincheng ) for 61k and registered it for 7k then , I remember this cos I was the one who went along to buy the bike for him and register it. Working as a baker by morning and bike rider by afternoon he was able to save 50k every month for the next 16 months ( he was saving 10k weekly from his bike business and 10k every month as a baker as he had been promoted to baker and was earning 20k ). He got a bus and started transport business , all under 3 years. To cut a long story short , he has 3 buses now and he has almost completed his house at Sango now. This was a guy who came straight from the village to Lagos and has accomplished this much , the chief baker at the time he was employed still doesn't have a room in Lagos for himself and still earns paltry.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by jude33084(m): 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
kowema:
Very true cus Lagos is filled with opportunities....any body way dey Lag after 4 months with no job n idea is lazy

We r not talking about yahoo yahoo o cheesy

I wonder where the opp dëy? undecided

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

true talk my brother! I can bet you that most if not all of those fvckers who put up their supportive comments above sounding like frogs responding to a master croak from a bullfrog got their jobs through the usual Nigerian who knows who connection! Your boss is a dyck head as stated below & probably stole from somewhere to make such an arrogant comment!

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by smudge2079(m): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
No comment.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by streetzz: 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:

Let me help you with more

Or maybe work as a factory worker, or perhaps, hawk gala on the streets of lagos. Maybe go to learn tailoring or barbing after spending years in school.

Yes, there are many extremes you can cite. But there are several other things (though not the best) better than the ones listed up there and the likes.

As an example, how about the installation of DSTV dishes? The installation of a single view dstv costs 5000 naira. Ooh, yes, I know, it's small money but I want you to consider the fact that we have hotels and organisations where at least 20 decoders are used. Do the maths. Wait, I'm yet to tell you you'll get at least half of your profit buying materials?

Yes, it's not easy getting those contracts, getting them is not meant for the lazy which of course, proves his point.

Yes, it's a job not befitting a masters degree holder but the immediate question that comes to mind is, is staying at home all day long better?

N.B: I just used DSTV installation as an example, there are several other things that can be done.
★I lyk d DSTV and Gala stuff★
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by sukkot: 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
end time boss
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
make i dey use my Msc.sell pure water on d streets?

Did your boss think of how capital is a big requirement for any kind of start up?

or maybe sell pure water and use ur savings to start whareva u were trained to do at school

You have an MSc and your account balance is 1000 naira, what is the usefulness of that Msc you are holding na

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by dhope: 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
nawa o. see d argument graduate unemployment has generated in my dear country. i just dey imagine if we can have same thread arguing lik dis if we are in a clime where govt really understand d roles of educatn in devt and prepare for graduates to come out frm various fields. why wont someone support d selling of akara if after being graduated for a decade he cant do anything wit his cert but now he is living wit his akara? and why wont anoda person castigate akara if he get job a mth after nysc completion? d fact remains dt nigeria economy does nt really need most of d courses we are studying here whereas most students are found in d line of those courses.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by cocoduck: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

It all boils down to the fact that the government has failed the nigerian youth and left us it a shitty economy. And money is not everything!
Now I see the real reason the problem of Unemployed young graduates is big in Nigeria, Who told you that a mechanical engineer has no business in a mechanical workshop? Who told you that lie? Look, in a car there are many of the physical laws and principles at play for that car to actually move, be it mechanical or electrical, now, how can you design when you don't know how it works, because I bet my neck you don't know the difference between a diesel and a gasoline engine, do you know the processes that must be satisfied before a for example gasoline car engine starts? do you know how a car gasoline engine ignition system works? the answer is an emphatic NO. In physics both O and A level engine we were thought about electricity overcoming the resistance of air, that is when the voltage becomes so high that air surrounding it becomes conductive, back then it was like fables because I had already concluded electricity cannot flow through air( oblivious of lightning) until I saw that and knew how a spark plug sparks, I don't want to go into technical details but those things you learned at school especially physics, you see those principles in front of your very eyes happening! I want to build a small jet engine, Then I wondered how i will be able to heat up kerosene or diesel for it to ignite and burn quickly inside the combustion chamber, but I never knew the solution existed already, that is the simple GLOW PLUG, to measure temperature, I did not know of the existence of a cheap temperature sensor in car engines, in fact there are too many examples, the people that made these things used the same principles you learned about in school to make these things, and chances are that that thing you want to make has already been designed by some else. So a mechanical engineer definitely has a lot of business in an Automotive repair workshop, OKAY?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by streetzz: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
adepiero:
Your boss is a really big fool angry #NoOffense

Do you know how difficult it is to get a job? even to start an enterprise sef, the start up capital is another problem.

I searched for job for more than a year before I started working and I know ppl that are still searching for over 7yrs and are still unemployed. is it their fault or this useless country that has refused to empower the youth as well as the sectors that can benefit the people in terms of employment.

because you foolish boss is lucky to sit behind a desk, he feels he can rubbish other people by calling them lazy! just advice him that his post is not a permanent position. he could be back on the street searching for vacancy soon. undecided
★leave im shirt...leave im shirt...leave im shirt,
abeg no slap am...
no b fight na, shoooo?
na yarn him jst yarn!
laa waooh!!!

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by eniayo6664(m): 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Your boss is talking rubbish
may be he got his job on the platter of gold
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by deolumike(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
we thank God for your life but your kind of experience shouldn't be the norm. the generations before us didn't have to run errands before getting jobs. they got QUALIFIED!

And quit judging people because they choose not to do what you have done. And that so-called Boss, thunder fire your mouth. I bet he's one of the people who cut corners and kiss asses to secure contracts thereby. perpetuating the crass abnormality that youths have now come to accept as normal.

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tracyxx: 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
ericessien24:
guy you need agbo, what are you doing.I'm sure you are jobless.

guy its better doing nothing than doing something with no substantial outcome.

if people knows you are working,my dear forget about help or assistant,and after working,the money left for you is 1500 that I use to subscribe my phone.

I better pass you. nonsense topic.

I don't agree with u, note there is always opportunity and experience in that " doing something without substantial income ". Which will be of advantage to one in future for a good job. Moreover Lagos is a place full of opportunity and people.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Bizibi(m): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
Some people still don't understand what the op boss meant by that.....

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by link2jude(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?

This is exactly the mentality most of our political leaders rule this country with, and that is why Nigeria has failed its citizens.

Are you telling me that a country like USA where her unemployed citizens are paid monthly allowance, are just a set of lazy fellows?

I don't blame him, simply because he is opportune that's why he made such comments.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Abduletudaye(m): 10:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
I don't have a job. I stay in lagos. Does that mean I am lazy?? Haba...do you know how many places I have applied? Do you know how many aptitude/ cbt I have done??

I once told my interviewer that I would like a job that takes me out of the house..

You know her response??

She said, then I don't know my worth...can you imagine? I assuming I said I wanna do a brick-layer job for instance.. She go just abuse me for there finish..

So my guy, na God...this is the jet age.. Things aint easy like that...
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nicepoker(m): 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
This op has been jobless for many years. Is it because u recently got that under employed job. U think u have arrived. Ur mate don build house for village. Continue to pay rent in lagos. When u die the lagoon may be ur final resting place.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by kepal99(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
Depends on the kind of job ur boss is talking about tho. I knw thr are so many jobs in lagos, buh no be every job be job o! Job were u sweat like person were go do escortion for hell and at the end of the month, after much economizing na peanuts u go get then u'r on a long thing
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
darediamond:
The summary of what OP is saying I Creativity coupled with Humility.

So walking up and down the street to find job is not the issue nor you having a good certificate.

It is about thinking deep and wide and being humble enough to take whatever job that comes your way or which you come up with yourself which is not life-threatning.

Ok, I assuming I thought Deep and Wide and no reasonable idea comes, then someone approaches me to hawk sachet water as a 'JOB'..do I take it?

undecided
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by adepiero: 11:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
streetzz:

★leave im shirt...leave im shirt...leave im shirt,
abeg no slap am...
no b fight na, shoooo?
na yarn him jst yarn!
laa waooh!!!
The thing just vex me ni. I fit slap the OP and him boss together angry

His boss said this rotten words and he couldn't daze the guy with slap! instead he carry him big mouth and Nokia torchlight come dey yarn opata for NL undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prisons Recruitment: NPS Speaks On List Of Successful Candidates / Cadbury Nigeria Plc Recruiting For Graduate Trainees / PushCv Elite Employee Quest [Stage 2] - Career Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.