Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. (37229 Views)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by madtom85(m): 11:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Any Lagos resident willing 2 be self-employed email madtom75@gmail.com
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by darediamond(m): 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
Are the people practically into the Biz angels?
Abduletudaye:

Ok, I assuming I thought Deep and Wide and no reasonable idea comes, then someone approaches me to hawk sachet water as a 'JOB'..do I take it?

undecided
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by totoakins(m): 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
i agree with the OP's boss.
being jobless is a state of the mind. especially from a university graduate.
if you didn't gain anything from the university you should have analytical skills and problem solving skills.
apply them creatively and make money. lastly always be flexible

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
darediamond:
Are the people practically into the Biz angels?

undecided
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by seedorfg(m): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
i have been staying at home for the past 4month without doing nothing, exp, after i finished my computer training i had to find a job to keep me going which prove abortive, now every company and peopld i have went to keep on telling me to wait till january that their would be work, and january will make it 5month of staying at home, so luck is the key here, if you like look for job now till march your luck is in Gods hand. lagos is not a compulsory place or where job is much more than the people..
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
totoakins:
i agree with the OP's boss.
being jobless is a state of the mind. especially from a university graduate.
if you didn't gain anything from the university you should have analytical skills and problem solving skills.
apply them creatively and make money. lastly always be flexible

I graduated from the University of Benin and I had my majors in Geography. You and I know what the lecturers do, but still, I did all I could in understanding some aspects of GIS. I did this because I believe GIS is something that hasn't explored in the country. To cut the long story short, I had my second degree on GIS and Cartography. I do aerial photography, I do cartography, I do online mapping, I do all sorts you can ever imagine. I decided to gain experience because I used all I had in gaining such knowledge and skill, I have been working with arctic spatial and I haven't been paid since. Now tell me, what kind of hard work have I not done that needs to be done? Do I find myself lazy because I can't get my boss to pay my salary or because I can't use my skills for my personal use?

Your boss has made a stupid statement, because I can categorically tell you he is a major fool for making such statement.

5 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by holusormi(m): 11:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:

STOP DISCOURAGING PEOPLE WITH YOUR MENTALITY, YOU HAVE A PROUD MENTALITY, LET PEOPLE HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND MAKE MONEY, I HAVE SOLD OKRIKA BEFORE, SO ITS NO BIG DEAL, I HAVE PASSED THAT STAGE AND I GUESS YOUR NOT MORE EDUCATED OR MORE TRAVELLED THAN ME

IF SELLING AKARA WILL GIVE ME MILLIONS I WILL DO THAT, PROFFESSIONAL JOB PERSON, HOW MANY MILLIONS DO YOU HAVE WITH YOUR PROFFESSION JOB THING

I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE ARE SO CONFUSED WITH AN ORDINARY PAPER CERTIFICATE, ABI NA ONLY GO UNIVERSITY, PEOPLE WAY GET FIRST CLASS DEY STREET DEY HUTSLE YOU COME DEY SAY PROFESSIONAL

BRO GO SIT DOWN JOOR

Bros eeh,, only you sell okrika, sell insurance , sell Ankara , sell akara,,,, lol some people sha!!! ,,, well @peeps, let's not argue much about this , in a way your boss is right and on the flip side , he's also wrong. It all depends on individual perspectives , most of the niggers bitching about certificates not meaning anything in Nigeria and saying they have houses and cars selling okrika and insurance are most likely people who graduated with third classes and pass ( am not mentioning names ooo) and I bet my phone charger if we conduct a survey most of them are real low lifers who probably borrowed phone to browse and of course we al know anybody can claim to be anything online since we have no way to ascertain if they telling the truth or not !!
Back to topic , I kinda agree with your boss though, Lagos is a place full of opportunities but most times u gonna need a startup capital and that's where the problem comes in , I got so much to say about this but not really in the mood to type much

Many people always come to tell us their grass to grace stories but they usually won't tell us about a hidden million that really pushed their business forward ,, all they tell us is how they started by having only one generator and now they have chains of stores of generators , don't be deceived peeps ,, we only see/hear what they want us to see/hear

That being said , I am totally against being lazy and expecting manna to fall from heaven so please even if you are jobless for now , are u doing something about it ?? Are you sending out your cv's ? Are you attending tests and interviews ?? If you not doing anything and you not doing anything about your present jobless situation, then we have a problem!!!!

4 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by goldfish27(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ask dis ur boss say no b free him go school, no b almost for free textbooks him use study.......those days no b now adays ooooo if na now most of our fathers no go even get cleaning job self talk more of office work...I no blame dem sha...nigerians sabi lie die ....na d same person wey dey cry for work when him com get am by d grace of God or by who know who him go open him mouth say him carry cement for head me self pass all those stage but I no need to brag cos e get pple wey pass tougher tins than me pls try n encorage the youth n no dey blab lik gal wey miss her period.....

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by goldfish27(m): 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
goldfish27:
Ask dis ur boss say no b free him go school, no b almost for free textbooks him use study.......those days no b now adays ooooo if na now most of our fathers no go even get cleaning job self talk more of office work...I no blame dem sha...nigerians sabi lie die ....na d same person wey dey cry for work when him com get am by d grace of God or by who know who him go open him mouth say him carry cement for head me self pass all those stage but I no need to brag cos e get pple wey pass tougher tins than me pls try n encorage the youth n no dey blab lik gal wey miss her period.....

No b ur boss mate be Dangote n the rest....weytin b him name self..if na one of those begger for govt houz road

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by idupaul: 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
make i dey use my Msc.sell pure water on d streets?

Did your boss think of how capital is a big requirement for any kind of start up?

or maybe sell pure water and use ur savings to start whareva u were trained to do at school

Why did U even bother to get the Msc ? Its a waste around U
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Okijajuju1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.

#WiseWords..

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by seangy4konji: 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
I pray make dat your boss see the other side if life.

That him paccioti shoe go je cumbersome after he waka for Lagos. Fashola self no go rescue am when he see him condition

You better thank god and make you know use your mouth jam cause of opportunity. Weh god just favor you.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 17, 2014
There is always something to do.

-Busy people with jobs will always need clothes washed.
-You could start a maid-for-hire service wereby instead of puting house help in your house and avoiding the consequences, you have a pro come in certain times a week to clean, wash and perhaps even cook.
- And by the time you get back, your house is clean and there is food in the kitchen.

All na packaging. Even more ideas abound.

You just need to apply your mind and stop only looking for job posting

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by 185mikel(m): 12:17am On Dec 17, 2014
sandijey:
Your boss is an idiot.
shortsighted and arrogant

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by ericessien24: 12:17am On Dec 17, 2014
rationalmind:

With what I do, I can comfortably feed you
abeg give me ur number I need that feeding cos im jobless
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 17, 2014
seangy4konji:
I pray make dat your boss see the other side if life.

That him paccioti shoe go je cumbersome after he waka for Lagos. Fashola self no go rescue am when he see him condition

You better thank god and make you know use your mouth jam cause of opportunity. Weh god just favor you.

Read my post and stop making noise.
The smart can and will always LEGALLY survive if they start thinking outside the box.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 12:20am On Dec 17, 2014
cocoduck:

Now I see the real reason the problem of Unemployed young graduates is big in Nigeria, Who told you that a mechanical engineer has no business in a mechanical workshop? Who told you that lie? Look, in a car there are many of the physical laws and principles at play for that car to actually move, be it mechanical or electrical, now, how can you design when you don't know how it works, because I bet my neck you don't know the difference between a diesel and a gasoline engine, do you know the processes that must be satisfied before a for example gasoline car engine starts? do you know how a car gasoline engine ignition system works? the answer is an emphatic NO. In physics both O and A level engine we were thought about electricity overcoming the resistance of air, that is when the voltage becomes so high that air surrounding it becomes conductive, back then it was like fables because I had already concluded electricity cannot flow through air( oblivious of lightning) until I saw that and knew how a spark plug sparks, I don't want to go into technical details but those things you learned at school especially physics, you see those principles in front of your very eyes happening! I want to build a small jet engine, Then I wondered how i will be able to heat up kerosene or diesel for it to ignite and burn quickly inside the combustion chamber, but I never knew the solution existed already, that is the simple GLOW PLUG, to measure temperature, I did not know of the existence of a cheap temperature sensor in car engines, in fact there are too many examples, the people that made these things used the same principles you learned about in school to make these things, and chances are that that thing you want to make has already been designed by some else. So a mechanical engineer definitely has a lot of business in an Automotive repair workshop, OKAY?
Are you trying to sound smart? Because you are just contradicting yourself in that post.
How can you design something and not know how it works? I don't know where you schooled that you believe a mechanical engineer does not know the difference between both engines, you surely had a bad one and I will suggest you go back to school.
Engineers design while technicians repair! So ideally an engineer has no business on the floor of a workshop other than to supervise!

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by kunlejazz(m): 12:33am On Dec 17, 2014
I've also said this same thing many times before and I get a lot of criticisms whenever I do (that only reflects how unprincipled and unrealistic many Nigerians are) but truth is, there are only two reasons people are jobless in Lagos- Laziness and Ignorance (Lack of the right information).

It had never taken me more than 10 minutes to diagnose why any particular person is jobless in Lagos, and advise on a way forward if they're willing to listen.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by rayval(m): 12:48am On Dec 17, 2014
Our problem is that we know too much...If someone says he or she can't sell akara or okrika or anything less, it isn't pride. Everyone has personality and values. You set your standards. Some people think better. Some chose to pursue career, some rather futher education than settle for anything less. Just because the country's situation is bad has made most graduates to do things they arent suppose to. Why didnt you do the things instead of going to school at first# If you have a dream or vision, do not allow anybody or thing to discourage. It isnt lazinessn. Keep your hope high, be patient, keep yourn brain fresh, keep the dream. Do not settle for anything lesser than you deserve. Create a value for ur self. That will inspire you and put you where you belong and where you want to be. . We are all different people with different ideas#

7 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by rayval(m): 12:56am On Dec 17, 2014
It isnt all about getting a job. Only people that dont know what they want for the sake of making a living accept any offer they get. I believe in career and value...it isnt just to get a job# i don't like despirate people# there is alot in u that need to be explored. Dont just let the whole of u go like that. You knw ehat you carry**no allow the street of gidi frustrate you...you are a rare breed. You may be jobless but you know what you want and whom you are#
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by jzdoberman: 1:05am On Dec 17, 2014
Guy your boss is not just 100% right but 100000000000000000% damn right!!!!!!! If you can't get a job(not necessary an office job) in Lagos I beg go back to your village. Lagos is for hustlers and not for the lazy ones. SHINE YOUR EYES!!!
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by hemor(m): 1:17am On Dec 17, 2014
sandijey:
Your boss is an idiot.
his boss is an a$$hole

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:28am On Dec 17, 2014
Op, ur boss is entitled to his opinion, but I tell u, Lagos, Abj and PH are d most difficult cities in Nigeria to survive and even get a job. Opportunities are jst concentrated in certain locations and most times d transport fare to chase this opportunities are not encouraging. Imagine u leaving in Mainland and u hv to transport urself to d island to search for a job as in case of white collar jobs or imagine u leaving at let say ikotun or iyana ipaja or okokomaiko and u hv to transport urself to some Lagos market to hustle wit marketers to call customers for them, I tell u...d Tfare alone will discourage u after few day, Is not easy to start a business here in Lagos, d cost of getting a small space not even shop is so exorbitant. U can't even find a place to start a small farm. I tell u...Lagos is not easy, so dnt mind anybody who says if ur unemployed in Lagos ur lazy, cus even d employed people find it difficult to survive here

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Pholayemi(f): 1:55am On Dec 17, 2014
Ur boss is very ryt. Lagos is a land of opportunity. Na d stress n holdup I no lik sha
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by DECOtech(m): 2:00am On Dec 17, 2014
rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?

True talk
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by allcomage: 2:09am On Dec 17, 2014
The guy is right. Our youth are becoming increasingly lazy but they want good things of life. Some times parents and guardians contribute to this. A word to parents and wards,if you are filling form to go and study history,philosophy,religion,physiology,political science etc.. Do not waist 4-6 years of your life for a paper called certificate when you have the ambition to be self made and well off in life. Be fixed direct into something you have flair,be committed,diligent and sincere and the sky is your limit. Most jobless people went to school learn how to speak English and certificate but not how to be successful. Any time I drive around in Lagos I opportunities staring me in face . Look around you,you will see people achieving tremendous success but you can't make it in comfort zone.It is the same principle all over the world, usa,Germany,Japan.china etc. Creativity drives the world. Our youth should banish football and awaken their creative mind. Have you seen Chinese,Indians,Lebanese involved in those frivolities and being poor? Opportunities in nigeria have not been scratched,indeed a jobless guy is a lazy guy ,you may not agree with op but his assertion is 100% right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Turbocharged: 2:28am On Dec 17, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
make i dey use my Msc.sell pure water on d streets?

Did your boss think of how capital is a big requirement for any kind of start up?

or maybe sell pure water and use ur savings to start whareva u were trained to do at school

What you lack is not capital, what you lack is IDEAS and DRIVE.

I have sern people who were given N10m years back but today they are beggars, I have also seen people thier oga settle with 40k who are millionaires and landlords today
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 17, 2014
rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 17, 2014
having a job paying less dan 100k/per month in lag is as same as jobless and waste of .......

HOW MUCH YOUR BOSS DEY PAY U?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 2:34am On Dec 17, 2014
Turbocharged:

What you lack is not capital, what you lack is IDEAS and DRIVE.

I have sern people who were given N10m years back but today they are beggars, I have also seen people thier oga settle with 40k who are millionaires and landlords today

where pls? are u a millionaire? you've not seen 40k to become one?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by nnamdiosu(m): 2:35am On Dec 17, 2014
irishCream:

I'm in love with you via ur post... kiss

I work in a private firm where ones services is need Monday to Sunday but salary token
Some days I wake up and feel like quiting but then I remember half bread is better than none.

And the few that loot funds and enrich themselves will wake up to abuse Nigerian youths angry angry

my sister Dont mind them nor. slave masters

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by odimbannamdi(m): 3:01am On Dec 17, 2014
tonychristopher:

DUDE I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, MONEY ANSWERETH EVERYTHING,IF YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU DO,MONEY WILL COME NATURALLY

SO APART FROM GOD, WHAT IS EVERYTHING APART FROM MONEY?

PHILOSOPHER ANSWER ME
Tony, i applaud your reasoning and perspective of life. glad you finally at the top after the whole hustle.
keep hustling to remain at the top. its the hottest place to be.
by the way, can i have your mail? i need your view on something

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission List Is Out! / Prisons Recruitment: NPS Speaks On List Of Successful Candidates / Cadbury Nigeria Plc Recruiting For Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.