Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25369 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by wholex(m): 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2006
why do we have to quote the scripture out of content so as to prove a point, quran would be better be understood by checking the hadith, and in interpreting this a genuine hadith should be taken into consideration, dats why Almighty Allah SWA said" seek knowledge about me b4 u serve me, if u dont how do u know d way to serve me"and it also sais "there is no complusion in religion" so M4MALIK . let undesrtand Quran properly and not qouting it wrongly.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by m4malik(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2006
@wolex,

In quoting the texts of the Qur'an, I haven't interpreted their meaning other than pointing out what they say - and I've buttressed that with a genuine Hadith. If the points raised in my concerns are not valid, then I should be humble to learn where that is so. However, it does not appear that anyone has come up to disavow the issues raised in the texts quoted.

Perhaps, you may want to help our readers better understand your point by delineating which Hadiths are genuine and which are disingenuous.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2006
@Isaho,I did not make much sense from your posting and do not have time to search other threads.
My quesion again is does Islam sanction the killing of a Muslim that converts to another religion?
This should be a yes or no answer.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by m4malik(m): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2006
babyosisi:

My quesion again is does Islam sanction the killing of a Muslim that converts to another religion?
This should be a yes or no answer

Yes.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2006
Well thanks 4malik,I would have liked to hear the answer from Mukina2,Isaho or any of those who tell us of the "peaceful" religion.

Because if they answer yes,they know that they have declared the truth in Islam which they cannot hide anymore.
When Bush said it was the extremists that hijacked a good religion after 9/11,he couldn't be more mistaken,the Koran makes it clear what true Islam is that's why they keep dodging the questions and would surface when things have cooled down to make noise.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by exu(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2006
Whether you like it or not (and I know a lot of people like to hide behind religion) everyone is an individual.

Most acts, as is human nature, are selfish.

People should try and refrain from defining themselves by their religion.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by ioday(f): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2006
Dear Forumites

We shgould not castigate each other becasue we are of different religion. It is not ones religion that ia bad but that person himor herself.
As we have bad mannered muslims so do we have it in Christendom adn instead of insulting each other letus start by puttinh things straight in our individual religion then and only then we can be justified of speakning badly or siting bad examples of the other religion. As we have controversial verses in the Quran so do we have it in the Bible. The two books are HOLY as far as i'm concerned and i respect the two religion.

BUT RELIGION IS NOTTHE KEY TO ETERNAL LIFE. IT IS YOURSELF. YOUR BEHAVIOUR

although i'm a christian a devout christian, i'm in a relationship with a muslim guy who refuses to change to Christian as most of his siblings have and insisted that somebody should atleast uphold the religion of their Family.

REMEMBER, the BIBLE says try to live in peace with all men. And it also says that you should not judge. Those muslims with bad behaviours are bad from their Mother's Womb i.e. thay were bad before they were even born. So it is not their religion that makes them bad.

And where is wholex who started all this angry grin angry
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Jamiie(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2006
@m4malik re u right , Even Muslims re 50% of Nigerian, Islam is the religion of peace , We even perform ablution, b4 entering the mosque we re clean more than Christan. but they look more educative than Muslim. I know why Christan think we re dirty it because of Hausa's people they re too dirty, this is insult to Hausa's but is the reality.
I even know Nigerian hate reality. so everybody struggle for yurlife.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by beelyjay45(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2006
To goes to M4malik I think u should be objective in d way u think maybe u could be a better politician: u say we muslims are these and we muslims are that let me ask u some few question question:

1. When ever there is an uprising by muslims in nigeria where does it come from and where does it end?

2. how about in the international level which part of the world is notorious with muslim uprasing?

3. when u answer these questions and then u then research on their cultural background maybe it might change ur perception about muslims

if muislims re bad then what makes all other religion sect good?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by somebody(f): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2006
Are muslims bad? - yes.
Are all muslims bad? - no
Why do you think some muslims are bad? - They make children orphans, women widows and men widowers all in the name of seven virgins (or more) in paradise.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by rasque(m): 1:30pm On Aug 16, 2006
I wonder what people really understand by the word "Religion". To me what you believe in and dictates your way of life is your religion:

Would you consider the Niger Delta Youths terrorists??
Would you consider the Odua Peoples Conference terrorists??
Would you consider Egbesu Youths terrorists??

Do the above class of people not kill and maim when pushed to the wall??
Are they all muslims??

It would be better if we try to seek TRUE knowledge before we disgrace ourselves in public.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by rasque(m): 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2006
I've heard several xtians say "thou shall not judge"

Rather than condemn why don't you do your best to convert whomever you are able to, to that which you believe in.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2006
Muslims like saying people is a general word. i disagree that your religion makes you bad!

If i blend the part of my religion, culture and social life; which will suit my personality i will form a different a religion

If i meet hundreds of bad muslims today, that still wont count as muslims are bad cheesy.

If you meet a thousand good xtians today, it stills no fact that xtians are all good

It more of what you want to see, You cant learn with close minds
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2006
exu:

Whether you like it or not (and I know a lot of people like to hide behind religion) everyone is an individual.

Most acts, as is human nature, are selfish.

People should try and refrain from defining themselves by their religion.

thank you oh

people keep saying the Hausas kill Christians n the north over some cartoon
i wonder how many yorubas were killed and in the East how many Yoruba Muslims were killed, its very easy to group people together without looking at the whole picture

there was no riot or killings in Lagos/western Nigeria, does that mean there are no Muslims there?

thou shall not judge
pedophiles are not considered Christians are they? they are sick individuals
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by twinkledew(f): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2006
i dont think it is appropriate or good enough to quote something from the Bible or Quran. sometimes you have to read the whole passage before it makes sense. wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2006
@twinkledew

alot of people fail at that! smiley
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Brownsuga(f): 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2006
@Sheikh M4Malik,

Whose “Islam” are you interpreting??!

There is nothing like "The Islam". There is so much diversity and dynamism in Islam to advocate otherwise. There are over 80 denominations in the world that all label themselves ‘Muslims’ and belonging to the religion of ‘Islam’ and yet each one interprets the Holy Koran differently; the Muslims in Kosovo eat pork and the Amra Muslims of Turkey pray 4 times a day. The list goes on. And then there are those who say “ooh no this is ‘unislamic’” whatever that may mean.

Since all the major denominations of Islam are fundamentalist, and judging from your stereotypical responses, you sound to me to be a fundamentalist and I think you too will fall under that group who disagree of other Muslim groups. But the fact remains who are we to judge this people??!! Let God do the judging.

Being opinionated has made me acknowledge the fact that there are indeed many misconceptions of Islam and that these misconceptions are unfortunately enhanced by people, especially sexist men of your judgment. I am sure the likes of you will also argue that only Muslims will go to paradise. Oh? What about others who are living in places where Islam has never been mentioned?

Faith is a matter of the heart; no one can be compelled to accept it. And it is one thing to want to live peacefully with others of other faiths, but quite another to make them want to think the way you do or make them have the same attitude toward you.

I am appalled by your barbaric line of thinking and worry about their impact on the people here, who evidently want to know more of Islam. Your diminutive outbursts are turning back the clock where progress has been made and sadly these misconceptions of Islam will create more Islamophobia.

…and yes I am a Muslima.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by 2old4that(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2006
@ twinkledew

U're right!

Not just reading it to quote for others
but to read n understand
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by tomi29: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2006
Are muslims bad or are they good? - the question is too generalized. Now is Islam itself a bad religion - NO. I don't think any religion is bad, as far as I concerned the purpose of religion is to promote "morality". What do I personally think is the problem - fanatism?. Fanatism in any religion is bad and it breeds violence- xtianity, Islam, Judaism and so on. The sad truth is that Islam has more fanatics than any other religion that I've seen.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2006
brownsugar there can be 5000 denominations,we are talking about the teachings of Islam.The teachings are far from peaceful.

Who mentioned pedophilia,have you forgotten the greatest of all pedophiles,Mohammed who married a baby and slept with her?
You guys can dance around all the answers,the truth remains that Islam is not peace and we see the effects the whole world over.

Read the teachings of Mo and find out.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2006
@ brownsuga
Plenti sense in your words!

@ tomi29
Am loads of them!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by tomi29: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2006
that comment about muhammad was really uncalled for.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by 2old4that(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2006
I think bulk of the problem lies in "proper orientation"; education of the religion itself.
Cos i dont see the reason why an educated fellow with focus in life would carry arms in order to spill innocent blood just to fulfill some clause in the quran.

Those boys that actually do this are the potential candidates that doesnt know that there's more to life than generating hatred towards other religion. They kill for passion.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by saywhat(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2006
I don't agree with anyone who says Muslims are bad. I am a christain and i don't ever discriminate against any religion, I grew up  in my home town among Muslims back in the 80s.

We attended school together(even it was a catholic school), we visited each other without any harassment from parents and we also exchanged food on each other celebrations; like chirstmas and Ileya.

These days, the story seems the same. i can't visit my Muslim female friend, because i am christian. WHY?

I can't go into my friend's house because i am non-muslim. I personally strongly advice people against discrimination against other religions, especially between Christian and Muslim. We should be able to live in peace and harmony.

LET US LIVE IN PEACE.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by tomi29: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2006
saywhat:

These days, the story seems the same. i can't visit my Muslim female friend, because i am christian. WHY?

I can't go into my friend's house because i am non-muslim.

That's funny I don't know why that has to be the case. Some of my closest friends are muslims and I do visit them regularly without any problem.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by niterider(m): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2006
Isnt it easier to lay the blame a certain group of ppl for our woes rather than face the truth.I feel sorry for the dregs of the society like M4malik and babayosi and co.I wonder how u were raised.Your kids too will probably grow up to have ur ideologies and the circle will go on and on.Well,there will never be peace in the world as long as assholes like u guyz remain around.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by m4malik(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2006
It's great to see all the heat generated so far in the responses. For those who feel that "Sheikh M4Malik" is barbaric for simply pointing out what Muhammad taught his followers, that's quaint - but it still does not obliterate the facts of what you're trying to hide.

I haven't "interpreted" Islam for anyone other than pointing readers to the explicit statements in Islam's holy books and challenging people to think for ourselves. It's hilarious that instead of offering counter views to what I've posted and discussing those points raised, only noise returns just to hush what is being said.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2006
the potential candidates that doesnt know that there's more to life than generating hatred towards other religion. They kill for passion.

wink seem we got some candidate on this thread!! grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by m4malik(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2006
@niterider, many thanks for your terse and mild appellation ("assholes"wink in contrast to what your 'Prophet' called non-muslims. It just gets to prove by the day how Bad good you are. cheesy
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by goodbobo: 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2006
Please i want any muslim in the house to disprove what ever i say now .

1. If a man enters a mosque on a friday and shout out loud against Allah or Mohammed , i am sure they will kill him that day if it happens in northern nigeria but in the west he might be given the beating of his life

But , if such happens in the church , ( speak agains God or Jesus ) the christians will look at him in pity and start serious prayers for him and try as much to preach to him .

2. If an Imam's son converts to christian , be sure the family would look for a way to kill him .
If a pastors son converts to a muslim , all he can do is just to preach and pray for him .

3 . what does Quran says about Infidel , kill them , what does the bible say about non - believer , love them , pray for them , preach to them ,

4 . A woman caught funicating was brought to Jesus for judgement , Jesus told those that brought her that let the person that has no sin be the first to cast stone upon the woman , they all left and Jesus preached to her .

5.  Why must I pray to almighty God in another mans language ( arabic) . when i can talk to him in my local language and he will answer me . Why must i dress like an arab to serve my God .

6. why must I face a particular direction ( karba, Mecca) to talk to the ominipresent God .

7. What exactly is in the Karba .?

The truth is too clear , too clear ,

Tell me , where is the peace in all these. how can u say its a religion of peace , ?

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2006
goodbobo,you got it
I asked a aquestion and all the Muslims have carefullly avoided it.
WHAT DOES ISLAM SAY TO DO TO ANY MUSLIM WHO CONVERTS?

Any takers?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by wholex(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2006
this thread was not meant for the use of abusive languages or words but for us to discuss a burning in world today. if we want to b pointing at evils in the religion sects then we wont finish until the wnd of the world.
didnt jesus told d woman that food meant for the israelis shud not be given to the dogs, or did the disciples not entered into another persons farm and ate his farm produce, wat would av happened if that occured in your village.
Didnt jesus cursed the fig tree, for wat i may ask?
many question than answers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman? / Dress Code Of Muslim Women and Men / What Do The Scholars Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.