Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Love Has A Price Tag - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Has A Price Tag (1524 Views)

Nairaland Romance Section Slum Book 2015. [fill And Tag] / 8 Things Ladies Do That Make Guys Tag Them Hungry Ladies / Love Has Rendered Some Girls Useless(good GIRLS GONE BAD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Has A Price Tag by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2006
There is no romance without finance.

How many of you are willing to live a precarious life with a starving artist whose welfare hangs on the hope of selling some artworks and in Nigeria where there are more vandals and intellectual morons than art collectors, he would starve to death and no amount of kisses of life by the woman who loves him can bring him back to life.

I am saying this from the unfortunate lives of artists I knew who died of poverty in Nigeria and the Nigerian women who admired them for their talents avoided them to marry rich boyfriends and sugar daddies or sugar dandies.

Funso Alabi and Richard Mofe Damijo(RMD) started acting at the same period when most artists were suffering and dying in Nigeria. Funso was very principled and refused to compromise his strict rules of engagement. But RMD used his good looks for public relations and dating and wedding a rich older woman and went on to to become a comfortable actor while Funso Alabi later died of poverty. Most of the Nigerian women who knew him did not fall in love with him, because he had no fat bank account, no road-worthy car and his flat on Community Road in Akoka a semi-squalor in Lagos was not habitable during the rainy season when the Community Road is flooded. No Nigerian babe or lady was willing to wade through the flood to warm Funso Alabi's cold bed without a fat fee. And he had no jeep to carry them through the rugged and flooded road of his spartan life.

The hypocrites among them who are still single old girls in Christian Churches complain of not seeing husbands, but most of them are actually praying and searching for rich young men or rich older men to marry.

I have been a counselor and I can confirm the examples of the hypocrisy and falsehood of Nigerian women who pay lip service and eye service to love, but are actually whores in disguise.

One recently dumped my friend.
Because, my good friend who had a good degree refused an oil company job to risk his life as a writer in Lagos.

I know how to address and take care of them. Because if you are a very good actress, I am even a better director and I can direct any role she wants to play.

I write the script and direct the drama of life and I only take orders from God to whom judgement belongs to.

The world is of full of hypocrites, parasites and prostitutes and most of them are the female flock.

As Jesus Christ said, by the fruits you shall know them and not by what they confess or profess and not by their fancy dress.

I thank God for my confident looks, charisma and divine favours since my childhood. Because, I have had young and older Western women coming to look for me and visiting me and emloying me on major projects and anyway I know how to love women than most men and the women who need to be loved know how to find me and I must confess that I would have been a successful gigolo if not for my Christian vows.

Only White women believe more in love than Black women. Because in Nigeria love has a price-tag.

The amount of money I spent last month to visit a lonely Nigerian babe who wants to prove that she loves me is enough to give to a poor widow to start a GSM Telephone Call Centre and earn some good money to take care of her poor fatherless children. And I felt guilty whilst I visited this Nigerian babe, because I broke my golden rules just to make her happy. I agreed, because of the humility of my loving kindness and I obliged and crossing the sea, travelling by road and paying for where I lodged cost me some lump sum as I mentioned earlier.

No romance without finance.

Taking a babe or lady out on a date will cost you money and in Nigeria the bride price is not like the dowry in India and again the house rent for keeping a wife and starting a family will cost some good money. Otherwise date and marry a rich girl or sugar mummy like what most good looking and smart poor guys are doing.

God bless
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by diddy4(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2006
my brother na true u talk. there aint no romance without finance no matter what any other girl will come here to say.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by kilasos(f): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2007
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by desgiezd(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2007
This might sound "old school" but as far as I am concerned, the price tag for love is SACRIFICE & COMMITMENT.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by 2dye4(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2007
shocked it does, ? oh my God, i ddnt knw! grin
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by teeirl: 7:18pm On Jul 09, 2007
agree completely with desgiezed very very true commitment and scarifice is the only price to pay, smiley
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by CrazyMan(m): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hmmm
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by iice(f): 5:33am On Jul 10, 2007
Yes oh! grin
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by sanrima(f): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2007
grin most times i keep wondering why guys will always feel bad wen a sister tells them"no money, no love. well pls i want u guys to know that no human on earth will survive without money & neither will love! wat u should be talking about is little money and not " no money", cos this two words are very diff. shekina!
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2007
Orikinla:

There is no romance without finance.

How many of you are willing to live a precarious life with a starving artist whose welfare hangs on the hope of selling some artworks and in Nigeria where there are more vandals and intellectual morons than art collectors, he would starve to death and no amount of kisses of life by the woman who loves him can bring him back to life.

I am saying this from the unfortunate lives of artists I knew who died of poverty in Nigeria and the Nigerian women who admired them for their talents avoided them to marry rich boyfriends and sugar daddies or sugar dandies.

Funso Alabi and Richard Mofe Damijo(RMD) started acting at the same period when most artists were suffering and dying in Nigeria. Funso was very principled and refused to compromise his strict rules of engagement. But RMD used his good looks for public relations and dating and wedding a rich older woman and went on to to become a comfortable actor while Funso Alabi later died of poverty. Most of the Nigerian women who knew him did not fall in love with him, because he had no fat bank account, no road-worthy car and his flat on Community Road in Akoka a semi-squalor in Lagos was not habitable during the rainy season when the Community Road is flooded. No Nigerian babe or lady was willing to wade through the flood to warm Funso Alabi's cold bed without a fat fee. And he had no jeep to carry them through the rugged and flooded road of his spartan life.

The hypocrites among them who are still single old girls in Christian Churches complain of not seeing husbands, but most of them are actually praying and searching for rich young men or rich older men to marry.

I have been a counselor and I can confirm the examples of the hypocrisy and falsehood of Nigerian women who pay lip service and eye service to love, but are actually whores in disguise.

One recently dumped my friend.
Because, my good friend who had a good degree refused an oil company job to risk his life as a writer in Lagos.

I know how to address and take care of them. Because if you are a very good actress, I am even a better director and I can direct any role she wants to play.

I write the script and direct the drama of life and I only take orders from God to whom judgement belongs to.

The world is of full of hypocrites, parasites and prostitutes and most of them are the female flock.

As Jesus Christ said, by the fruits you shall know them and not by what they confess or profess and not by their fancy dress.

I thank God for my confident looks, charisma and divine favours since my childhood. Because, I have had young and older Western women coming to look for me and visiting me and emloying me on major projects and anyway I know how to love women than most men and the women who need to be loved know how to find me and I must confess that I would have been a successful gigolo if not for my Christian vows.

Only White women believe more in love than Black women. Because in Nigeria love has a price-tag.

The amount of money I spent last month to visit a lonely Nigerian babe who wants to prove that she loves me is enough to give to a poor widow to start a GSM Telephone Call Centre and earn some good money to take care of her poor fatherless children. And I felt guilty whilst I visited this Nigerian babe, because I broke my golden rules just to make her happy. I agreed, because of the humility of my loving kindness and I obliged and crossing the sea, travelling by road and paying for where I lodged cost me some lump sum as I mentioned earlier.

No romance without finance.

Taking a babe or lady out on a date will cost you money and in Nigeria the bride price is not like the dowry in India and again the house rent for keeping a wife and starting a family will cost some good money. Otherwise date and marry a rich girl or sugar mummy like what most good looking and smart poor guys are doing.

God bless
You sound very bitter and you are generalising.
I dont think you are a counselor because counselors are not judgemental. I think this issue of women and money has been overflogged.
Not all women are money inclined, infact these days most young men seem to want only wealthy women. So please enough of these gender discrimnatory topics, Its true that some women are materialistic but the continous repeatation of this topic is like flogging a dead horse, and most of the writers seem to generalise,Most Nigerian women are hardworking and independent, some are even breadwinners but most men prefer to go after the ones my father calls "shine shine". If you go after these flashy women what do you expect to get.
Please spare us, we are tired of this generalisation.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by OpeLovely(f): 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2008
Why don't you become a gay then?
Its so easy to criticise, try putting yourself in that same position.

Would you date an ugly wretched girl who is illiterate, can't cook and was unfortunately raped by 13 men and lost her womb in the process?

Everybody has a form of materialism in them one way or the other. That is why we all work (some people) to earn a living, to live comfortably, send our kids to good schools, eat 3 square meals, and so on.

Even when you have a so-called girl that sticks with your penniless butt for 8 yrs and then you hit a jackpot, you will now say that she's too old and then look for a younger chic to marry.

Don't blame the misfortunes of this world on the women cuz for centuries men ruled the world and still a continent like Africa is wallowing in stagnancy.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by TOYOSI20(f): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Topic,

Don't think u can place a price on true LOVE. cool
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by sammyjl(f): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2008
shocked Like hell it does
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by Pittbaby(f): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2008
Abeg!!!! Easy for a guy to say Love is for a price. If you know that you want to be writer then go and find the girl that is willing to support you through the process. You see a pretty lady and then you expect her to have the same values and goals as you. why not expend the effort spent in wooing this girl to find another with the values and goals you treasure. Guys want to have it all but they are not willing to work for it. Yes love has a price searching for the person that has the values and goals you desire and not expecting any random person to toe the line you expect.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by ibrokay(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2008
Thats the more reason why girls prefer dating old men(Aristos).By the time they reach certain age they start looking for an inocent young guy to marry.A friend of mine had his girlfriend dumped him just because he does not have enough cash(3yrs back),the guy is now rich with a good job in an oil firm and the girl is back begging.No one hnows tommorrow,young girls should learn t exercise patience because most of us that have some cash are just use you as sex machine,afterall it will cost us few Dollars.Please Use your head,love does not have to come with a price tag
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by Vickade(m): 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2008
pally, i understand u but not in all cases. i happened to be engaged to a very very beautifu lady who cares less about cash. she was strongly there when i was extremely poor and jobless to the extent of mending/patching her clothes. hunger and wants was our constant companion. i had nothin in my room except my mattrass and books but she still stayed, even when she had lots of toasters. im proudly saying that my babe is an exception.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by Tgirl4real(f): 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
@Post

Nice one again and i know what u are driving at.

As for me, price tag for love is sacrifice + truct = commitment.

I know money is alo an integral part of a relationship, but it isn't the most important.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by Gamine(f): 12:52pm On Oct 23, 2008
Nothing Comes Free in This Life.

Even Salvation has a Price Tag.
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by Tgirl4real(f): 1:07pm On Oct 23, 2008
Jesus
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by izeek(m): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2008
there is practically nothing that does not have a price tag on earth.
it might not be money, it cud be ur time, ur prospects in life,
sometin defi makes that girl wanna stay with u.
so whateva it happens to be i tinks its best u find out soonest and improve on it to keep her longer. ( if hes worth it)
Re: Love Has A Price Tag by laudate: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2009
@OpeLovely,
Na you talk am well, jare.

There are too many genralisations in Orikinla's initial post.

Just like you have women out there who believe in no romance without finance, you also have men who would use a woman for years while they were dead broke, only to turn round & dump her once they hit jackpot.

Quite a number of ladies stuck to guys who had nothing to their names, and I know one humble, pretty lady who used everything she had to help her boyfriend get a job. They dated for over 2 years.

When life improved & the chap moved on to better things, that was when he realised that she did not come from his local gvernment area. undecided See life!

It takes one man to turn a woman into a bitch o!

(1) (Reply)

Me And My Girlfriend Part 2 / She Is Now Under Campus Pressure I Think, What Do I Do? / A Girl Is Dating Her Best Friend's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.