Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. (22089 Views)

Jobs For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates / Now Employed, 1st Class Graduate Spends First Wage On Billboard To Say Thanks! / Vacancy For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by tobaina: 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2008
e don do for this thread!!!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by amata053: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2008
The basic thing is to have a university education, that will help broaden your approach to life. Many people who are doing well in society today did not get first class degrees. They ventured into the business world after obtaining their degrees. You can do it too.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 25, 2008
A 2.1 from Ebonyi state uni isn't the same thing with a 2.2 from U.I. QED.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by lawyer(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2008
Good grades are for academic excellence and the right to brag to your colleagues that you ave excelled in SCHOOL! But in the real world as i have come to discover, being street smart is what puts food on the table except you are a rocket scientist working with Nasa. If You come out with a third class or pass, be rest assured, you will most probably be the head of state of this country or a mega CEO of your own company someday except your life ambition is to work for somebody till the day that you die!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by eddyblaze: 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2008
dutty or whatever u call urself,stop looking for attention and use your 2.1 to look for vacancies to post.
or else keep your lips sealed lipsrsealed

babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grin
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by onyilokwu: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2008
pls try 2 send hope instead of sorrow to those in that class.Why making them feel bad?
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by nsydarling: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
Hey Nuru,
Am really sorry for you.Making a good grade in school is quite okay but i tell you that you can still come out and rot with your good grade without anyone looking at your face. Maybe you don't know what is happening now in the Banking sector.Big men children are the ones taking over and Prostitutes.Depending on how much money you can grap to open an account: that's how you get a job.As a prostitute, if you can grap a very rich fellow and help him open ac account there,you are already in. Am speaking out of experience and not " Them say".
So please wake up from your dream.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by delekzy: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2008
duttyburb or what are u called i want you to know one thing having a good grade is nice,if you do have one congratulations on your part,but one thing i want you to know is that it is not always the recipe for success.success is all about you and what u thought of your self. i dont want you to be carried away by these so called good grades of yours as even these days we can not be too sure of those grades as most of them are earned by default. i want you to know that i got 2.2 but by God grace am a better person now and even far better than friends i know that got a 1 or 2.1 like you. plz dont over elevates your self as u never can tell u may end up working for a 3rd class guy which providence and destiny smiles on. God detest the proud remember
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by OnuohaE(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2008
What do you want HND holders to do, BSC holders with lower grades should open up Businesses?
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by chisomquee: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2008
what is your problem with grades,i know some of my friends with distinction from uni,yet they are not comfortable with the jobs they are doing,nigeria now is about who you know not your grade,one of the directors in zenith bank is an hnd holder from yaba tech,he speaks and everybody listens,is not about grade ,but what you carry inside of you.for your information,i have a friend who works in chevron oil with a pass from poly not a contract staff,now she is a manager.so those with third class ,don't mind the poster,he is proud because of his grade.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by buruc(m): 8:40pm On Dec 11, 2008
dutty or what u call yourself, u said u made 2.1 while in school, but u cannot even make a simple correct sentence.even the message u posted was wrong(1st class and 2.1 is the best grade , )point of correction, it should be (1st class and 2.1 are the best grades, ), i strongly believe that u are one of the types that got their grades with their body. pls call this No 08037555719 before posting any mail for editing. foolish girl
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by Hesperus(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2008
Abeg my pple, i dont get the purpose of this post. So who gives a rat's ass if you had 2.1, are you the first? or the last??
Ode, your mates are getting 1st class, you de brag ontop 2.1. Shebi you just finished serving? Go for job tests and see how many 1st class grads are waiting, talk less of 2.1.

1 Like

Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ngozinma: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2008
Duty,

It's good to have a good grade, but that is not all that matters in life. Its not by your Qualification but by the grace of God. I am a living example i graduated with pass, but today i have a company car, driver and other lovely incentives. my advice to you is to humble yourself and pray that God gives you a good job.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by zheroes(m): 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
I M SORRY BUT WHY LEAVE SCHOOL WITHOUT A USEFUL GRADE. 2.2 IS USELESS BT AT LEAST ITS SMETHNG. BUT A 3RD CLASS, HA!, GO AND OPEN UR OWN BUSINESS. I'm SORRY BUT ITS THE TRUTH. AM I WRONG?

this topic is great but YOU ARE XXXXTREMELY WRONG!!!!
it is everybody's desire to make money but a greater number on earth today are poor, you said why leave school without a useful grade? make dem die put? the truth is everybody cannot excel in life, besides did anyone say a CERTIFICATE guarantees success? i dont think so.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by iniumoh: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2008
Why are u talking down on those with lesser grade. Don't we have people like that occupying position of authority. i.e I read from a paper interview that the owner of HiTV is a 3rd class, Gani is a 3rd class and many more.
I believe in the 1st class thing if you worth it. Afterall, big firms have lowered their acceptance qualification to 2.2. The reason because most who came with 1st class are nothing to write home about. So, let those with lesser grade be.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by benny58: 7:51pm On Dec 19, 2008
duttty,

point of correction people that came out wit 3rd class are most qualified people
to work with.my brother came out with a 3rd class and i know is far better than you,people like you nare guys
that sort to pass exams you never read.wole soyinka came out wiht a third class in nigeria but went board to study
and came out with a good grade.Nice to let you know that my brother is working with an engineering firm and earns good money.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by sammyzacks(m): 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2008
i have written aptitude test with a lot of so called 1.1 1nd 2.1 guys and they failed. i got three competitive jobs with a 2.2 where 1st class guys also applied. i want to say that the labor market is not treating us fairly. The standard of education in Nigeria is not uniform. while some university stress their students, others simply distribute good grades generously. what about students bribing lecturers to pass them. but i beleive that if you are good and you have a 2.2 or 3 just wait for your opportunity and take it whenever it comes.
cheers my people!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by Dunddy(m): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2008
hmmmm, undecided

grades, grades and grades! lipsrsealed
is life all about grades?

time to wake up guyz.
Agreed, grades kind of matter a lot in this stupid system of ours. however, if you are a good watcher as i bet i am, then u would have noticed the changes in
trend e.g:

1. organizations reducing the grade cut-off
2. having professional certificates as an advantage
3. possession of great soft skill that easily makes difference and distinguishes
4. strating up a little biz of ones own

the fact is, whether u get 1st class or pass doesnt matter. what matters is u!
what is your subconscious saying?
your orientation matters most!
what do u want out of life?
are u a problem solver? Aproblem creator or just an observer?
from ur observation, what change can u make to better everyones lot.

that is what every organization wants from u not ur stupid GRADES!

let me give u a testimony.

i graduated from UNAD, Economics major to be precise. whoever knows me would know me as jimmy carter.
while in school, i had a business that i managed (personal biz) and still studies, i was outspoken to the extent i yabbed my lecturer openly, i wouldnt tip any of my lecturers or mates so i got Ds instead of As, was into politics as well as retired after graduation as a Captain in the NIgerian Army Cadet Corps.
i graduated 3.42 (2.2) instead of 3.62 (2.1)- Lecturer's runs, but i have always had it in me that i would never stay at home doing nothing for 3 months.

Lo and behold, i was at Ebonyi for my NYSC when i ran because of the situation of things (scorpions, snakes and burglary) after five months. i didnt spend a week before i got a job. Not as a banker but not as a teacher or cleaner either but as a Clients' Service Manager of one of the biggest schools in Ibadan.
As of now, i earn about 75k with no liability other than my rent, food and transport. what more do i want?

BUT There is a friend too who graduated with a first class (same class oh!) and is presently teaching in vale college, Ibadan, earning 25k (i swear).

now tell me, do grades matter now?

anyway, that's about grades!

hey!
u might wanna check out this website- think it might help us youths a lot - talk about online application, judicious time spending online and accommodations of various tastes - www.wamiri.com
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by millieo(f): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2008
dutty,
am reaaly sorry for you cos its obvious you have not experienced life at all. How can you make such a big deal about having a 2.1? lets even ask what school you finished from, cos if its a private sch, then its no big deal ( as every grad of a private sch all have at least a 2.1, if not 1st class ).
My dear, i suggest you take that silly mentality off your mind, cos you cant get far in life thinking its only 1st class & 2.1 hots that can achieve anything from life. YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.!!!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by millieo(f): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2008
dutty,
am reaaly sorry for you cos its obvious you have not experienced life at all. How can you make such a big deal about having a 2.1? lets even ask what school you finished from, cos if its a private sch, then its no big deal ( as every grad of a private sch all have at least a 2.1, if not 1st class ).
My dear, i suggest you take that silly mentality off your mind, cos you cant get far in life thinking its only 1st class & 2.1 hots that can achieve anything from life. YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.!!!
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by roymorah(m): 1:23am On Jan 02, 2009
seriously speaking, we all got different destinies,and one thing every one shud knw is that whats yours wud be yours,if GOD uplifts you no grade can downgrade you.it aint abt the grade,
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by tainot2002(m): 2:30am On Jan 03, 2009
In this present scenerio 1st,2nd,3rd, class has nothing to do with your success.Gone are those days when Banks,multinatinational companies look for 1st &2nd class,tru research they discovered some 2.2s are often more productive than so call 1st class.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by snipe2: 9:40am On Jan 03, 2009
grades do not matter in life is the knowledge u can impact on the society that makes u a millionaire.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by ojd(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2009
kafero u hv said it all.i rest my case.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by maybel(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2009
i think dutty whatever is confused.i made 2.1 some yrs bak,still hunting.Pray 4 God's grace and his favour always.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by mcbunde(m): 1:32pm On Jan 07, 2009
Well, grade, as I am a living proof doesn't matter. Naija is whom you (know) and/or have and luck. 1st class or 2.1 has nothing to do with it. There are people with 3rd class working in the best of places and 2.1 not working at all so where does grade come in? Pure luck or whom you know or have. This does not mean that one need not work hard at what one does. Whatever you do give it your best. The best one can do for oneself is start something no matter how small. It will give you that peace of mind and you will have the satsfaction even if everybody reject you you won't reject yourself. Thanks
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by davou4eva(m): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2009
whateva grade u have does not determine ur success in life but God's grace and ur determination to succeed
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by finekoko(m): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2009
found this site that helps you get available jobs from reputable companies from nigeria, http://www.cvdatabank.com
all u have to do is log in an fill in ur cv in an online format, and then u get an alert anytime a company post jobs on the site, and this companies do so because they have individual accounts in the site as well
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by Redfox(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2009
@poster
success and greatness transcends grades,life is not about what you have but your ability to use it,sincerely, you sound naive and emotionally misguided for asserting that 1 and 2.1 are better than 2.2 grads academically.to put you in the light of experience, i graduated as a valedictorian(the best in my class) with four awards at the department of economics,UNN in 2007. i taught and dealt with more than 2/3 of my classmates and above and i tell you most solemnly that majority of them are not worth the class they graduated with,we all know them, and seriously it makes no difference, b/cos there will come a time when you have to proove yourself without those kinds of assistance you got in the tertiary institution.so please 3rd class is not useless neither is 2.2.tomorrow lies in you and not in your past misfortunes and mistakes,THANK YOU.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by proffmanue(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2009
CERTIFICATE does not make a MAN. GOD, MAKE A MAN.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by jenny4law(f): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Redfox
thanks for ur post. am glad that some people now know what happens in our universities these days.

@poster
Grades do not matter anymore because students even go to the extent of buying them in schools.And what happens = you see a 2 :1 student not knowing how to express himself well. so i believe the most important thing is having the ability to defend urself anywhere , anytime.
Re: 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. by chucapis: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
Dutty, with all bodness I have to tell you that from your posting and the way u present this grade issue I can say u did not read or work for the 2.1. This mean u did not merit 2.1 Those who read their books y in school ll understand that th ere are many seeen and unseen inside campus.
To those Dutty referred to, I what to tell u neva put ur hope or trust in UNCLE OR AUNTY like Dutty cos they ll disappoint u. The posting of Dutty is just a treat that ll make your faith to shake, stand on your ground cos when God say NO both ur 1st or 2.1 including uncle and aunty on top CANNOT do anything but when God say yes forget it ur 3rd class ll place u in where people ll ask who brought you here. I know many that have this experience, wht one need is the favour of God. I and my cousin presently in UK and other are living testmony. both of us made 2.1 in mechanical and electrical engineering, Both of us believe we ll make it easily cos of our grade but it was not so. Both of us spend three & half year looking for job no way on till we realised that what we need is the favor of God and that solved the all thing. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. / N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue? / Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.