Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:35 AM

HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem (862 Views)

Help!!!!! Sleep is destroying my sex life... / Help!!! My Emotions Is Destroying My Relationship And Sexual Life. / 7 Ways Feminism Is Destroying American Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
I copied this from a friend's diary with her full consent smiley

I woke up again this morning feeling guilty like any other day cos I know fully well I have disturbed my roomates sleep.
It is not something I like and I didn't intentionally inherited it from my dad, it just happened and I wonder why people insult people like me, it is soomething nobody willl willingly pray for.
I cannot forget the day a guy friend came to sleep over because of a group reading, the first thing he said the next morning was "mide you fit sleep gan o, u kept on changing your snoring gear, dnt you know you are a girl?" I didn't know what to say it was my frnd that covered up for me.

I no longer feel comfortable at night, I see myself as a disturbance cry I have stopped sleeping in friends houses, it is weighing me down emotionally.

This is the little I will be able to share, so house help my frnd, and to people like her how do you cope? Have u seeked any medical help?
Tnks
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by jaymezzz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Does she has nasal problems?...Like Cattarh or somthin..Cos Personally I think Its due to nose Blockage that makes somone snore...am talkin from experience.so I think She needs To clear her nose before Sleeping And Also Wake up at intervals In tha Middle Of the Night

If Nose blockage's not the Case..then It should Be fatigue

Try Dey Rest well During the Day So ThaT Sleep No go dey Carry you go For Night!
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by 1one: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
OlamiB:
I copied this from a friend's diary with her full consent smiley

I woke up again this morning feeling guilty like any other day cos I know fully well I have disturbed my roomates sleep.
It is not something I like and I didn't intentionally inherited it from my dad, it just happened and I wonder why people insult people like me, it is soomething nobody willl willingly pray for.
I cannot forget the day a guy friend came to sleep over because of a group reading, the first thing he said the next morning was "mide you fit sleep gan o, u kept on changing your snoring gear, dnt you know you are a girl?" I didn't know what to say it was my frnd that covered up for me.

I no longer feel comfortable at night, I see myself as a disturbance cry I have stopped sleeping in friends houses, it is weighing me down emotionally.

This is the little I will be able to share, so house help my frnd, and to people like her how do you cope? Have u seeked any medical help?
Tnks

Sought

I've always been "unfortunate" to have sleeping roomies that snore both in school and even during my NYSC, aside that, My two best buddies in the whole world snore, one more than the other, Infact one snores so much, the vibration from his snore can pump out oil from a stone...what I'm I saying... The fact that they snore doesn't change anything about how much I love them... I think your friend should surround herself with true friends that won't make her feel guilty and ostracized because she snores.

Snoring is not something anybody walks into a shopping mall to order.... It's inherited, so she shouldn't let it affect her self esteem at all... She has to know that snoring doesn't make her,that's not all there is to her personality so she shouldn't allow that "flaw" suck out her joy and happiness

She can be lighthearted about it... Anytime she's passing a night in a friend's place she can go like "guys my generator go disturb una this night ooo.. Abeg make una no vex.. you can't have a fine nose like this and not snore"

She just take it easy on herself.

1 Like

Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by Atk01(f): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:

Infact one snores so much, the vibration from his snore can pump out oil from a stone...

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by temitemi1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
U need to watch what u eat,drink n also ur sleeping position... Snoring is bad when its coming from ladies.
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
jaymezzz:
Does she has nasal problems?...Like Cattarh or somthin..Cos Personally I think Its due to nose Blockage that makes somone snore...am talkin from experience.so I think She needs To clear her nose before Sleeping And Also Wake up at intervals In tha Middle Of the Night

If Nose blockage's not the Case..then It should Be fatigue

Try Dey Rest well During the Day So ThaT Sleep No go dey Carry you go For Night!
Or maybe weight problem.ppl wey too fat dey always get snoring issues when dem dey sleep.
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by Mprex(f): 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
Snoring is not a sickness. It is only a result a sleeping position gone wrong that restricts the easy flow of air through her system.

She should work on her sleeping postures

1 Like

Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by eddyline(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
well, he could try to lose some weight, also try to sleep on his side rather than sleep on his back and to make sure his airways. are clear. my little cents

1 Like

Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by Alexk2(m): 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2014
taaa...snoring has nothing to do with all that niether is it a disease. it can also happen to both male and female. no need making the poor girl feel worse pls.

@ op., nothing do her jor. make she enjoy her life and never allow anybody turn her into something else...lyk som1 said, true frnds will never look down on her just coz she snores and it has nothing to do with her personality......
pls., tell her that she should make light of it and stop brooding over what doesnt defing her in any way.
'incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you don't have power over instead of crying/worrying ove what you don't'.......and deciding to think positively in a negative situatn is one of the best things you can ever do for yourself.'

temitemi1:
U need to watch what u eat,drink n also
ur sleeping position... Snoring is bad when its coming from
ladies.
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Thank you all
Re: HELP! Snoring Is Destroying A Friend's Self Esteem by chimerase2: 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dis made me remember one of ma neigbour for skul dos times in skul
O boi for midnight dis man fit win pig for snoring competition
Nna leekwanu snoring angry
De man made me not sleep in ma lodge for 1 semester embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Find Your Prefect Love Match / I'm New Here And I Need Help And Advice / Health Tips For Ladies!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.