Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* (33237 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
Every moderator that passes by kay09's posts and doesn't give him a ban should leave their job to someone who is more immune to the power of threats. He has broken enough rules. Many people don't even do up to half of this before they are awarded one-year bans. If kay09 quotes this post, then someone needs to drop their job. cheesy

This is someone's forum, not your forum. He has his rules. If you can't keep to them, get off the forum.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
laykorn:
Every moderator that passes by kay09's posts and doesn't give him a ban should leave their job to someone who is more immune to the power of threats. He has broken enough rules. Many people don't even do up to half of this before they are awarded one-year bans. If kay09 quotes this post, then someone needs to drop their job. cheesy

This is someone's forum, not your forum. He has his rules. If you can't keep to them, get off the forum.
Ayamlaykorn
What do you knw abt Law? Mr town crier i have no business with you,you are inconsequential. How did you even find this thread,dey dere dey form brothers in arm. Is it your forum? Did you buy my device or connection time?. The biggest mistake anyone can make is to think everyone sees the world from your eyes or everyone must think like you. When and how did i threaten anyone,to talk dey sweet you Lord Byron. Why cant you be a spectator and watch instead of letting it get to u. You have your thread go dere and be king,stop pushing me to the wall.

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

What do you knw abt Law? Mr town crier i have no business with you,you are inconsequential. How did you even find this thread,dey dere dey form brothers in arm. Is it your forum? Did you buy my device or connection time?. The biggest mistake anyone can make is to think everyone sees the world from your eyes or everyone must think like you. When and how did i threaten anyone,to talk dey sweet you Lord Byron. Why cant you be a spectator and watch instead of letting it get to u. You have your thread go dere and be king,stop pushing me to the wall.
Thank you cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
(Surreptitiously peeping from d key-hole,with strained ears and awed eyes)...has he been ban.Ned?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Ishilove: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

Who are you? you want to bring your dictatorial tendencies here,ban me,you think i'll beg you?. Una no hapi say i make this graveyard thread relevant sef.I have already spoken my mind,i couldnt care less if am allowed to post on this thread again. And please dont mention me again,do what you have to do peacefully or stay in your lane.
I've made myself very clear. One more insulting post from you directed towards the organiser of this competition, the judges of this competition, or to any nairalander for that matter and you will barred from this thread till the competition is over.

QED.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Ishilove: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
Fatalveli:
Guy abeg e don do, let peace reign. We are supposed to be interacting in here not abusing or criticising someone else personality. Plus the fact that u are a guy, u shouldn't abuse or insult girls, we both know it ain't proper. So pls I beg of u to stop these bashing and follow this thread silently like anyone else. One love bro!
Don't waste your breath on someone who is blatantly disrespectful.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ishilove:

I've made myself very clear. One more insulting post from you directed towards the organiser of this competition, the judges of this competition, or to any nairalander for that matter and you will barred from this thread till the competition is over.

QED.
An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned . Maybe your guilt has made you angry,because i cant recall talking about you. Probably birds of the same feathers.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Ishilove: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned . Maybe your guilt has made you angry,because i cant recall talking about you. Probably birds of the same feathers.
Bye. We will see you some other time and hopefully you will be more civil by then.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
^^^
*sighs in relief. At last cheesy
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
*Phew*
Only God knew I was able to hold myself...
I wrote a very long reply twice and cancelled it...Lol....

Well it is bad for us to have C.Vs like this

Talent: Anger
Hobby: Insulting

Someday we will be a teacher
if not to others
I'm sure our children will look up to us
We will now lead them into mud
or say they have in them rust
which we have refused to removed from ourselves...
Many time,
People who complain the most are those that have done nothing on the thing they are complaining about...
Thanks to our gr8 or gr9 or gr10 mod who surfaced before I replied that man that made even Larrysun get vexed...

2 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Lionize: 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned
A monkey that eats with both hands will sooner or later fall from the tree.
a person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market
One cannot stop sleeping because of a fear of bad dreams
If a dog bites you and you don't bite him back, it will say you have no teeth
He who chases a fowl should expect to fall down
Every woman is beautiful until she speaks.

I don't know if I caught all. But somehow, I sense there may be a comeback.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
In the end I guess it was worth it to him..... He will be remembered as kaya09, defender of the writers not favored on white mosquito's challenge. He was intelligent and filled with promise but spent most of his intellect in concocting verbal abuse bombshells to which he threw at anyone who he perceived an enemy.

Go in peace kaya09 even though you didn't give us much of it.

*walks out from graveyard thread *

2 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
repogirl:
In the end I guess it was worth it to him..... He will be remembered as kaya09, defender of the writers not favored on white mosquito's challenge. He was intelligent and filled with promise but spent most of his intellect in concocting verbal abuse bombshells to which he threw at anyone who he perceived an enemy.

Go in peace kaya09 even though you didn't give us much of it.

*walks out from graveyard thread *
Lol!

But seriously, did you see him as a "defender of writers?"
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ishilove:

QED.
ha! QED! Oh Ishi... cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
I

Will

Miss

Him.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 1:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lionize:
An old woman is always uneasy when dry bones are mentioned
A monkey that eats with both hands will sooner or later fall from the tree.
a person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market
One cannot stop sleeping because of a fear of bad dreams
If a dog bites you and you don't bite him back, it will say you have no teeth
He who chases a fowl should expect to fall down
Every woman is beautiful until she speaks.

I don't know if I caught all. But somehow, I sense there may be a comeback.
that guy and proverbs sha smiley

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
(Surreptitiously peeping from d key-hole,with strained ears and awed eyes)...has he been ban.Ned?
Everest! You don turn hermit abi? Where have you been? undecided
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
whitemosquito:
Lol!

But seriously, did you see him as a "defender of writers?"
at least that was what he thought he was, maybe I should modify and say 'he perceived himself to be the defender of the unfavored writers' , just glad he's gone.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
whitemosquito:
Prepare for the next Challenge.

Yay grin cheesy grin

I will ooooo!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
repogirl:
at least that was what he thought he was, maybe I should modify and say 'he perceived himself to be the defender of the unfavored writers' , just glad he's gone.
Aite.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
At a point i thought that kay09 was above the law. he has no respect for the law at all. He should have at least bared his mind in a professional manner. i tot it was only women that talks too much(dont get it twisted, am not a male chauvinist),real men dont talk like that.

Well, now that he is in jail for abuse and contempt of court, i wish him a happy stay in jail .lol.

but what was his sentence ?

will kayo9 bounce back with even deadlier proverbs ?

only time will tell
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
i think seun should create a 'proverb section' on nairaland and dedicate it to kay09
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray:
Everest! You don turn hermit abi? Where have you been? undecided
O'Ray, looking for me?...(pulls out hand,waving) that's me waving @ u from GEJ campaign Jet...
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Ishilove: 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
Next time before things get out hand, you can alert the mod of the section by using the report button or simply mentioning the mod's username. Kaya09 will be watching the rest of the proceedings from the sidelines. tongue
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

O'Ray, looking for me?...(pulls out hand,waving) that's me waving @ u from GEJ campaign Jet...
oh... Lol. Laykorn was right. Or was it Laykorn?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray:
oh... Lol. Laykorn was right. Or was it Laykorn?
Everest is an Otuoke fisherman and the whole world knows. I'm scared that the loss of his master in the elections could affect the club. He could get so depressed about it. cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray:
em... Well I disagree

literature is expression . . . . . . . (1)
Love thrives on expression . . . . . . . (2)

Solving (1) and (2) simultaneously, we see that love is directly proportional to literature (don't ask how tongue). So mathematically
Love ∝ literature . . . . . . (3)

To make this an equation, we introduce a nairaland constant of location proportionality called section

Therefore,
Love = literature section

Q. E. D
This Ray is 419 wo. Ray, when will you have time to teach me 419 mathematics ? cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
laykorn:

This Ray is 419 wo. Ray, when will you have time to teach me 419 mathematics ? cheesy
after you finish teaching me poetry and prose writing.

Fair deal. No? tongue
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
It is not fair ooooo.
How can dey ban my broda

*crying, this thing u piple are doin' chai, there is ......

But honestly, I will miss that dude, he is intelligent I must say and I wud have gained from him, but, abeg, he don tire me
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
^^ right...

*rolling eyes around thread people tagged graveyard*
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
laykorn:

Everest is an Otuoke fisherman and the whole world knows. I'm scared that the loss of his master in the elections could affect the club. He could get so depressed about it. cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Still n still...an Otuoke fisherman is still ur president,and will be till 2019.
Goodnews to you et al...Buhari just found his 'missing/misplaced' cerphi.ticket 2day-2day.lucky him...congrats in advance,for he'd be the first...runner-up, come 14th.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by LarrySun(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
I don't think this is a graveyard thread; I believe it's currently the 'highest grossing thread' in the Literature Section. From this thread, I've got to know some very interesting people. I need another thread that can offer me the kind of excitement and entertainment I find here grin .

Well, Kaya09 willed the ban on himself; it was as if he was screaming excitedly 'Ban me! Ban me!!' He's an intelligent guy, but he was trying so hard to make people think he was a nonentity...unfortunately, he didn't succeed much. sad People still saw the brilliance in him. However, it would take a yoke of oxen to drag a coin out of a beggar's hat. The ban would not keep that determined curmudgeon off this thread; he would continue to create new Nairaland accounts that would make Zuckerberg envious of Seun, subject owners Yahoo and Google to raise their eyebrows aloft, and cause kayaks all over the world to capsize. I hope when he returned with another sensational moniker, he would not hide behind the cloak of arrogance. Allow people to learn from you something better than vile disposition. From that cello of brilliance you've got, I would love to strum a note. You've got a legendary trademark, you speak the words of a sage, albeit with a flatulent oral towel.

To those who were not shortlisted, it never means that you're bad writers, please don't smash the ink bottles. Many of you are very good; like Kuzaku, many others wrote brilliantly, but because the train could only accommodate a few travellers, some people had to remain on the platform. Other trains would definitely come around, and when they do, I hope your luggage would still be ready.

Let the excitement continue. Peace be unto you all.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Circle Of Three. / Love, No Inhibitions / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.