Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben (89487 Views)

See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed. / Angry OAU Students Pounce On Notorious Female Student Rapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by tonychristopher: 5:33am On Dec 25, 2014
That's a nasty school I. Have been there and I used yi have a girlfriend there when I was serving

They are mostly cultist there ..

That's why u rarely find Uniben graduate doing well lately ...

They just go there to learn how to prostitute thief and be a hooligan

Now they are menace

4 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Kirinwa: 5:36am On Dec 25, 2014
aim5:

He's not advocating cultism.. He's just saying that you have to be fearless.

Its like you follow. Your username has betrayed you followed by your words. Your sins shall find you out.

3 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by tonychristopher: 5:37am On Dec 25, 2014
mynairatime:
The first time i enteree uniben as i was trying to enter aluta bus to facult (social science) i head gun short beside me everybody around fell down the gunshort continued serially anyway i got out there through unexplainable means & a friend that i was warned me u can go any lengh of the sch but dont go ekosoding letter i knew why he said so.

Did you really graduate from Uniben

I can't understand what you wrote

10 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 5:38am On Dec 25, 2014
Kirinwa:

So you look me finish I come resemble pikin for your eye abi?
When someone say mercy is for the weak you no reason am or a more related slogan forgiveness is a sin.

These are words they use after smoking marijuana. On a normal day without marijuana, guns, backup boys or other drugs. They are cowards and they are here viewing.

Haha so because he say that mercy is for the we,that one make him chief cultist hahah guy you too much

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by ethereal(f): 5:38am On Dec 25, 2014
I stayed at FCT 1 and loved every minute of it.Hostel belonged to some renowned pastor and was looked aftr by some "prophetess".The first advice I got frm a neighbour was "if ur generator stops in d middle of d nite fr some inesplicable reason,DON'T come out to check"!!!.I learnt to mind my business and avoid unnecessary friendship esp frm females.Avoid accepting "unusual" favours .a friend of mine had an argument with a biker.she refused to pay d extra 20naira d bikeman was demanding and some overzealous boys "buy d matter",physically assaulting d bikeman.He left with an ominous"una go see".A week later,two of d guys were shot at close range by unknown gunmen wielding locally made pistols.They both survived bt still have dents in dia skulls as a permanent reminder! I once stoppd to fix my nails at a beauty parlour close to the transformer,d blatant lust and lewd stares I kept getting frm some of d girls made me do a double take and I ran fr dear life.They seemed ready to pounce on me..lwkmd.In Ekosodin,every one is a potential threat.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 25, 2014
Kirinwa:

Its like you follow. Your username has betrayed you followed by your words. Your sins shall find you out.

Haha this guy na die.
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Kirinwa: 5:47am On Dec 25, 2014
chronique:
I remember going to do a job for chattered bank in Edo and Delta way back and decided to check my sister who was still in uniben then. I dropped my stuffs at my friend's house along 3rd cementary rd,and later went to Ekosodin to check my sister. One thing I noticed was the many eyes starring at me as I kept walking up and down like it was my zone. My ever red eyes and tall frame always made people suspect I was a cultist but luckily for me,all the starring and looks just ended there. After some time,I decided to go check my friends in town(they were all strong men repping different things). I was at the other side of the road waiting to pick a cab going to town and as usual,there were lots of students there. All of a sudden,I saw people running away from the bus stop and I was wondering why they were running but I refused to run;I dey form big boy. Before I knew what was happening,I was the only one standing there. Next thing,I saw this dude waking past me with something tucked inside his shirt and his hand supporting the base. By the time He got to my front,it was too late to run. I just summoned the courage to stand there and not shake or show fear. We looked at ourselves eyeball to eyeball as He walked by. He looked at me as He walked away and kept watching his back even after He had passed me. Inside me,my heart was racing faster than a buggatti veyron but I managed to keep my calm and not show the fear. After He had gone and people started coming back to the bus stop with some looking at me suspiciously,I just crossed back into the school and suspended my trip to town before they waste me for nothing. At night,it was all gun shots sound and voices of "who goes there"?. That was when I realised that uniben students don't blow candle twice before it goes off. The girls quickly reach out for their jeans trousers. You hear people rushing to lock their doors and all manner of sounds and before you know it,everywhere is quiet. Looks like they all have a perfect way of timing what they do to protect themselves cos the running up and down sounds from each room,seems to stop at the same time. The next day,I left their wahala environment for them and went to stay with my friends in town. Na babes wey I go chyke,make me first go chill for students hostel. I think I was just lucky.

That's what I was talking about. The cultist is a coward that's why he was looking over his back and yyou looked at him fearlessly, fear catch am. He ran away. If he's a strong man, let him keep the gun.

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by LOZENGE(m): 5:53am On Dec 25, 2014
DaLexyAnn:
Dear Lord.
I'm still awake at this time.
Blame the siesta I had and give me sleep! undecided

I was a student of Uniben
Stayed at EFCC hostel in Ekosodin tongue

A gory incident happened at St Paul very close to colon towers. EFCC DAT my hostel den we gave it DAT name. I remember d st Paul's incident vividly

I won't reveal much jarey.
Security conscious.

Ekosodin, after 2004 wasn't so bad, does anyone remember Omo-B? that guy is something else

And NijjahMan, the robber myth, who shoots people on the Nyansh undecided for failure to comply?

I miss the roasted fish and really cheap foodstuffs, compared to Lag.

I miss the bikes and the way those bikemen holla at me to board their bike.

Lolz.

That was a phase though.
A lot's changed now.

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jamean(f): 5:54am On Dec 25, 2014
Thanks for helping me quote the........(let me leave it blank). So much pain in the undertone, as a result of information assymetry.

We do not glorify cultists. We only let people know how we survived it, and how the whole tough experiences shaped us into being better people.

@ "Proudly an Akokite", so I would have started crying if I didn't attend a reputable federal university undecided

I didn't know we also have alma mater bigots on NL. Some people sha.

adorable29:
You sound so frustrated and bitter. Did a guy from Uniben steal your girlfriend? Just saying.

I haven't seen any post where anybody hailed cultism as being a good thing. Some guys are just relieving past experiences based on a small community known for its notoriety. Why e come dey pain you?

Btw, UNIBEN is not made up of only ekosodin. Its like saying Lagos is only made up of Ajegunle (used ajegunle cos of tales from that part of lagos)! You sound ignorant bro!

Lighten up before you quench for nothing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jamean(f): 5:56am On Dec 25, 2014
Thank you for quoting him already. Please, add cold bottle water to the chill pill.

Superbrain:

Hey, take a chill pill...No one is praising or glorifying these acts. For most of us, we had no option than to find a way to survive amidst all these. When you look back, you can only smile and thank God, not because it is something you admire, but because he saw you through and when you even meet some of the guys who carried out these acts, you will be grateful to God for the new life they lead.

So chill, it's not a university banter. These were and still are the realities of the place called Ekosodin and almost 40% of Student population reside there. If you had better options in life, not everyone had one. Rather than blame the victims, blame the authorities who could not instill law and order in that community.

3 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 25, 2014
alotofgrace:
is ds uniben student an mod

i finnished from uniben, stayed off edo street and off newton hostel......

how come this is fp?
omo see how u murdered English undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 25, 2014
Ekosodin, the land of the strong. I've just stayed in Ekosodin for two years.

My Experience

On a good day, I went for a program at St. Albert Catholic church, the school parish. The program lasted longer than I expected, it ended around 9.00pm. I prayed that God will lead me home safely as I knew where I was heading to.

Funny enough, I got home safely. On getting there, I saw empty pots in the Kitchen, my roommate cooked and ate everything, telling me he thought I would eat at the school buka. I was mad and damn hungry... and I had zero cash on me

I decided to leave that night, to check my friend that stays at Edo street. My other friend in the same lodge volunteered to go with me. I stay at Newton's street, just beside Newton hostel, that road that leads to Barack Obama.

As we just commot from front of newton, we saw group of guys along the street. They were with a lady so we decided to pass, maybe their mind no go dey. So we thought

As we Waka pass them, one of them just hissed at us. "Siiii, hey! May una show ist" we weighed the option of running but waved it as we don't know if their guys were hanging around somewhere. We turned and went straight to them.

Onye Brother: where una dey come from?

We: Bros, na from house we just dey come, we say may we go.....

Onye Brother: So...., una no dey greet person again abi..? Una just see us, Waka pass.. shey?

We: Bros, no vex. This night just dey somehow for us. E get where our mind dey.. we are sorry bros...

Onye Brother: OK.... E get where your mind dey.... No p. oya go buy us card 750 each.

We: Bros, abeg no vex if I tell u this o. Since morning I never chop. Na food we even dey find so..

Onye Brother: oya e don do. Oya blow ur cheek

Me: ehhh?

Onye Brother: I said blow ur cheek..!!

Na so we blow our cheeks and this guy gave is countless of slaps..

Later, they bade us good night and we replied night.

Ekobaba... I just tired for that place.

But seriously, if u pass through uniben and u no pass through Ekosodin, guyma u never start o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Leshyne(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2014
CLIMAX HOSTEL REPRESENTING.

EVERY MORNING EATING MADAM SHERATON.

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by paulavon: 6:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Ekosodin is a great place,I spent 5 years of my time in Uniben from 2004-2008 there. I lived a peaceful life without encountering a problems. Most people have issues because of d kind of hostel they live or the location.Back then Hostels like Colon,United,Newton,capper green and lots more are bad nd should be avoided. I did not live beyond Edo street all through my time there.Another issue is the way u dress nd show off. Most people without d right orientation walk around d Ekosodin as if they own d town. Ekosodin belongs to d Ayes,it is their spiritual home.They have people monitoring everybody entering and living. For you to live as a guy man there u must belong if not you will encounter problems. Most of the guys u see carrying fine babes around nd looking fly are members. If u want to carry babes peacefully just do it codedly not posing with her along d street.As at then one of their members told me they were up to 6,000 in that community,I was like wow. I felt like I was the only jew left. Uniben is filled with very young people now,there won't be much cult activities anymore.The issue they had with police after d kidnap of Ine's oil wife really brough cultist activities low.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Kelvin0(m): 6:13am On Dec 25, 2014
Hmmmm.......ekosodin
@Op if given the opportunity, i can write an epistle on the subject matter. I am currently working on a piece though, it's titled ''The chronicles of a Uniben Boy''...... With my wealth of experience in ekosodin u guys are gonna love every bit of it just keep ur fingers crossed n follow me. I believe this piece would be very useful to freshers and all those uniben students who only knows ekosodin from thier roomates bed time stories and thier course mates gist......jez keep posted

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Pyroxene: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2014
AAU was the second most violent school in the world then but that was past glory in d early 90s but uniben as been steadily notorious but I guess both if not all schools have gradually taken a sharp decline cos people r realising its a waste of productive time
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Kelvin0(m): 6:21am On Dec 25, 2014
paulavon:
Ekosodin is a great place,I spent 5 years of my time in Uniben from 2004-2008 there. I lived a peaceful life without encountering a problems. Most people have issues because of d kind of hostel they live or the location.Back then Hostels like Colon,United,Newton,capper green and lots more are bad nd should be avoided. I did not live beyond Edo street all through my time there.Another issue is the way u dress nd show off. Most people without d right orientation walk around d Ekosodin as if they own d town. Ekosodin belongs to d Ayes,it is their spiritual home.They have people monitoring everybody entering and living. For you to live as a guy man there u must belong if not you will encounter problems. Most of the guys u see carrying fine babes around nd looking fly are members. If u want to carry babes peacefully just do it codedly not posing with her along d street.As at then one of their members told me they were up to 6,000 in that community,I was like wow. I felt like I was the only jew left. Uniben is filled with very young people now,there won't be much cult activities anymore.The issue they had with police after d kidnap of Ine's oil wife really brough cultist activities low.
true talk, but cappa green is now a very peaceful hostel o, been staying there since 2011. If u can survive ekosodin for five years witout having problems with dem cult boys or been pressurised to join them then anyone else can as well

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Sezua(m): 6:25am On Dec 25, 2014
i was walking down from edo street with a friend of mine. i saw two suspecting looking guys walking towards us, as we approached them, i just gave way, my friend was busy making a fone call,so he couldn't see them coming, he got a head butt dat day free of charge.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jaymima(f): 6:26am On Dec 25, 2014
mynairatime:
The first time i enteree uniben as i was trying to enter aluta bus to facult (social science) i head gun short beside me everybody around fell down the gunshort continued serially anyway i got out there through unexplainable means & a friend that i was warned me u can go any lengh of the sch but dont go ekosoding letter i knew why he said so.
You dey fall Uniben hand with this grammar, aswear

7 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by martineverest(m): 6:27am On Dec 25, 2014
And dats where student love d most....ekosodin is uniben itself,a place for the poor,rich,rugged and brave ppl.......if u can survive in dat place,u can survive anywhere in d world.....rep osasogie uniben

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jaymima(f): 6:28am On Dec 25, 2014
Ok mine

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by rosette08: 6:31am On Dec 25, 2014
I heard all sort of things about Ekosodin b4 nd after my stay there,buh like d Book of Wisdom said-with ur eyes u shall see,with ur Ear u shall hear buh non shall come near u ;Dit has been God all d way

4 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Sezua(m): 6:33am On Dec 25, 2014
tonychristopher:
That's a nasty school I. Have been there and I used yi have a girlfriend there when I was serving

They are mostly cultist there ..

That's why u rarely find Uniben graduate doing well lately ...

They just go there to learn how to prostitute thief and be a hooligan

Now they are menace
and you graduated from somewhere?...rubbish

3 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by victomancer(m): 6:33am On Dec 25, 2014
Thought i was the only one that noticed this undecided
Nogen:

My darling, e no pain me at all! I attended one of the best Universities in Nigeria, I'm an Akokite and we do not glorify cultists. Every time a thread on Uniben is created, check it out, you people are glorifying your cultists. Is that all that happens in that school? It is nauseating please!

I will never beef your school and your good for nothing cults and their wicked activities!! YOU people are quick to come online to tell us how students are raped, robbed and even killed by them. I do not see what I should be proud of there or even envy! Continue singing their praises instead of condemning their acts. I pray you become a victim one day. Silly University! !!!

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by dedons: 6:34am On Dec 25, 2014
aim5:

Ignorance at its finest
oga shattap there...

Did he tell any lie

Lazy bunch of benin guys.

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nogen: 6:35am On Dec 25, 2014
victomancer:
Thought i was the only one that noticed this undecided

See the way they are going on and on happily with the gory tales! Wasted School!

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 6:37am On Dec 25, 2014
IKJ66:
..............uniben. ΐ̲̅s not a useless school coz every school got cultism,,,ℓ̊ wnt watch u rubbish my sch...
leave the idiot..who nor go nor knw
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Sezua(m): 6:37am On Dec 25, 2014
Ghyft:
Ekosodin is crazy.
I went there to see my cousin...on my way home, it started drizzling and I needed to go to church as I was already late so Iate so I continued anyway.
I saw three guys coming towards my direction,and just immediately in front of me,one of them started shooting,chai! I wanted to melt that day..they didn't ask for phone or money....I'm still wondering why they did that. I vowed never to go there anymore
..hahaha, long time oh
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by GreatUniben: 6:38am On Dec 25, 2014
There was a day they caught me one evening and asked me to submit my guns. I told them that I have never seen a gun before. The result na 45 slaps and six heavy blow for my belle.

Lastweek, some guys came to my room and asked me to promise them 25 thousand, and they will come and collect it by 5pm. Ekosodin is indeed a great place.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Oseigha(m): 6:39am On Dec 25, 2014
Ekosodin, one of the places that have given me the best experiences of my life. Spent 4 years living there and graduated in 2011. Didn't have much issues with the "strong men" around. Maintaining a low profile was the key thou. My only encounter with them was mild compared to what some of my friends experienced.
I planned to sleep over at my babe's room that night, but around 10pm she did something that got me really upset so I decided to go back to my hostel. On my way one guy accosted me around that usually dark spot at the beginning of Edo street and said "guy show". Immediately I know say casala don burst. As I got close to him, I saw two other guys lurking around so I decided to behave. Then he said "Wetin dey for ur guys Na? We never eat since o". I come tell am say Na only 1k I get with me and I no fit drop everything as Na the only money Wey I get be that. The guy say make I go find change so I could give them 500 Naira. I was forced to buy what I didn't need just to get the change. Thank God they didn't search me because I had over 5k with me that night. I for cry tire.
I also witnessed the killing of a hostel mate. It was horrible. Very early on Sunday morning in Courage Hostel, I was preparing to go for service when I saw two guys walked into the compound, went behind Block B and towards a guy working on his generator. Immediately the two of them pulled out guns. One fired him in the neck at very close range and the other shot him in the head. The guy fell and died instantly. I almost melted. My younger brother that came for Post UME almost had convulsion. For two weeks we no sleep that hostel.
The good thing be say all those experiences don make me stronger now. I am hardly intimidated by any threat now.
Wish those residing at Ekosodin well. Face your studies and graduate without troubles.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by mitchyy(f): 6:39am On Dec 25, 2014
Hahahaha! Ekosodin was really crazy. It was fun but crazy. I rep Kapagreen hostel!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English / COVID-19: Japanese University Conducts Graduation Ceremony Using Remote Robots / Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.