Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben (89596 Views)

See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed. / Angry OAU Students Pounce On Notorious Female Student Rapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 25, 2014
I didnt know ealiar that u are "f" o my dear baby girl carry ur uniben grammar go kitchen speak grammar to cooker, plates, magi, iyo, ata, epo...shhh pls i dont like "f" commenting on my comment.
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2014
IKJ66:
..............uniben. ΐ̲̅s not a useless school coz every school got cultism,,,ℓ̊ wnt watch u rubbish my sch...
Just Negodu, look at wot dis man is FIGHTING for wen dere are better rzons to fight in Nigeria. Bro,with dis intensity,dont u tink u wud crush Boko Haram in 48hrs??

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by slicksly11(m): 8:57am On Dec 25, 2014
Guy you waka Bad waka na im make dem slap you well well........
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Feraz(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2014
mspee:
Ekosodin, a really crazy place.
I rep pevico hostel, osasogie. smiley
You're a student in the University of Benin? shocked
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by BraniacX(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2014
Hemanwel:
Oga,Gov Fashola is a Uniben graduate.Emmanuel Uduaghan is also from Uniben...So,what's your point?

no wonder fashola get mind small

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by CHM11: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2014

9 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by FoxyFlow(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2014
Chai... All these stories dey sweet wella. Some people just wan spoil mood o. Na wa ohhhh....
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Horllamideh(m): 9:16am On Dec 25, 2014
We don't really have a no-go area in Unilorin.
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by obamartins(m): 9:18am On Dec 25, 2014
mynairatime:
They are bunch of lazy guys with bulk of troubles. they always wait for sisters in italy to send money to them or send them to abroad. Very lazy
Fact!!!
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by PapaNnamdi: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2014
Doublejc:
beside BLW...i hail thee
oooomoh, dat fellowship, badass chics joint grin
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by xymmie01: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2014
I rep ekodosin, market road..., bismarck hostel..... That was where I stayed when I was an undergraduate in uniben
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Kelvin0(m): 9:24am On Dec 25, 2014
mitchyy:

Kappa green was the only hostel that didn't get robbed all through my stay in Uniben from 2005 - 2010.
yeah, kappa green's been immune to this strong men since time immemorial this is because of the versatility of the caretaker ''MAMA'' and that their number1 was an inhabitant of the hostel btw 2008/2009 and d fact that d owner of d hostel is a renowned politician and a former commissioner for education in edo state: i love that hostel

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by busybrain88: 9:25am On Dec 25, 2014
I schooled at d famous federal polythechnic auchi.stayed at bawak and powerline.I remembered a day wen some guys used bullet to chase evrybody out frm a sport centre,just because arsenal was loosing against barca.omo,see men dey fly tv,dey burst zinc run.it was terrible dat day.

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by silvercute(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2014
tonychristopher:
That's a nasty school I. Have been there and I used yi have a girlfriend there when I was serving

They are mostly cultist there ..

That's why u rarely find Uniben graduate doing well lately ...

They just go there to learn how to prostitute thief and be a hooligan

Now they are menace

How do you know graduates of uniben are not doing well lately. Do you have a performance checker or log of uniben graduates for your nasty assumptions. If you have no worthwhile comment Please ignore and move on.

4 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by iyobs7(f): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2014
osemu8:
Schooled at aau ekpoma,another anointed university,thank God for the grace to survive ujoelen,emando,ujemhen n other flash points in ekp,I no many young men whose lives were taken on d altar of cultism,we must collectively educate ourselves on the need to curb cult activities,thank u OP n others who have made meaningful contributions to this topic

I was at Ujoelen also... Diploma in accounting Emaudo campus...

Chai my house was close to the primary school that was at Ujoelen junction close to the express road...

The guy I was living with then was badly beaten by robbers at the beer parlour at Ujoelen junction... And his gold was stolen, he always wore 2gold so God punished him...

One other day, my friend went to buy akara with her boyfriend and they ran back into the hostel as strong men collected their phones at the hostel gate...

Loads of snakes mennnn...

Just prayed to God never to let me be a victim and he was faithful...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by anonimi: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2014
mitchyy:
Have we forgotten Ninja man that terrorized our lives? Twas very scary, i must confess. I still shed tears over a friend who was beaten to death cus he refused to be initiated. So painful!

This is beyond terrible! It is pathetic!
Are we breeding ANIMALS that are mistakenly categorized as humans
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Unibentested(m): 9:50am On Dec 25, 2014
My first post and already on FP...I hail all my Uniben peeps...

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by gly2ken: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2014
I really miss uniben, I left 2005 and represent geology department. I never liked ekosodin or osasogie, in my year 1 and 2 I stay in hall 4 and 2 respectively. In year 3 and 4 I stay at uwasota, so I don't have experience with cult boys. great uniben
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by leshluap(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2014
Nogen:

My darling, e no pain me at all! I attended one of the best Universities in Nigeria, I'm an Akokite and we do not glorify cultists. Every time a thread on Uniben is created, check it out, you people are glorifying your cultists. Is that all that happens in that school? It is nauseating please!

I will never beef your school and your good for nothing cults and their wicked activities!! YOU people are quick to come online to tell us how students are raped, robbed and even killed by them. I do not see what I should be proud of there or even envy! Continue singing their praises instead of condemning their acts. I pray you become a victim one day. Silly University! !!!
. OH, what a frustrated soul!!! Good or bad,we no dey hear anything on this forum about your "akoka"... The school jst dey dormant lik d pekus of an old woman.....akoka--living on past glory since 1977.....

6 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Feraz(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

Unfortunately, that's the kind of environment one finds himself in. Even stepping on someone mistakenly or arguing about something can bring you stories that touch.

Do more research on Benin city.
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by CHM11: 9:56am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

You will surprised tht many of these cult guys are not students of Uniben. They just hang around the school forming students!!!!!! Many did one diploma program and since after the program they will be claiming full time students and be causing all sorts of nuisance around the school environs. This is why inside Uniben campus is one of the safest place in Nigeria. Benin is actually known for having a large number of cult boys, so its no news that it will trickle down to the School environment.

But talking about Academics, productivity, professionalism and finding a perfect balance between work and play, I bet Uniben graduates that are smart can do this very very well.

Like my boss will say, "You make working sweet and fun that one does not know when he has climaxed his expectations for the day"

9 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by anonimi: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2014
Feraz:
Unfortunately, that's the kind of environment one finds himself in. Even stepping on someone mistakenly or arguing about something can bring you stories that touch.

Do more research on Benin city.

Don't worry. I probably know quite a lot already smiley
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by mesoade(m): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Most of them ain't the school's student . . . There's even a story of a guy who was cooking but forgot to buy salt when dia's no salt left in his rum . . The food is about to be done,so without putting on clothe,he ran outside to buy salt . . . Na so strong men call am ,"u wan dey shw us say u get broad chest abi"? . . Within a twinkle,dem just dey slap this guy . . D next day,i heard he packed out of ekosodin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by BraniacX(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2014
abdulkayus:
RUBBISSSSSSH, I feel disgusted reading all this in a so cal university. Cant d authority and government find something to do about? when will all d harassment, killings and molestation stop?
Thank God I schooled in d north, throughout my years in BUK, I hav never experience anything related to cultism or harrasment and bullying either in d campus or off camp. Have many students that left down south cos of cultism to come and school in d north.
Government should find something to do about it, a lot of lives has been wasted. Its nt something ppl shld be proud of. And d students too need to be orientated that cultism is nt d way.

just so you know, these guys are the toy soldiers of many a politician from local to state to fedral levels of goverment and they serve numerous purposes for them, even the S.U.G partake in these activities on behalf of politicians by mobilizing thugs, arms and what not when required in a semi-official capacity so the incentive to curtail their activities just isn't there. Plus if you try to take on them, you'll discover you are fighting against a well networked and well funded system plus you will loose your life untimely.
And did i add that ekosodin is the spiritual home and headquaters of the Aiye confratenity a.k.a which was founded at faculty of engineering uniben in the early 80's and that a rough estimate states that between 20% - 40% of the guys there are members of this cult and i dont mean students only, also the ekosodin youth, artisans e.g carpenters, tailors, welders e.t.c. Also traders, store owners, bikemen and drivers, barbers e.t.c? Even the girls act as informants for the cultists and need i add that the officers at ekosodin police station and many of the newly employed security staff are members? Even some lecturers, doctors at the health center and UBTH are members too and why do i say this, i heard a story of a cultist from a rival gang who was shot and taken to UBTH still conscious and coherent screaming that a particular doctor should stay away from him that he is one of those who helps finish up survivors of cultist attacks while they convalesce during treatment.
So are you getting the full picture?
Are you understanding why ekosodin is unique in its notoriety?
I have seen brains blasted out of heads, people butchered with axes and cutlasses, received beatings and slaps on numerous occasions, been made to frogjump holding my ears, been dispossesed of my belongings severally, narrowly escaped being shot, as recently as 4 months ago, i went to charge my laptop and phones in school, left around 11pm because of those notorious campus mosquitoes despite pleas from my friends begging me to stay, entered ekosodin in the dark and was walking home when guys surrounded me suddenly, i tried to run back only to stare at a gun, they took me to one corner and beat me mercilessly for being stubborn and told me to hush up, they also told me i was lucky i didn't run away as they would have killed me but for resisting, they would only shoot one of my legs, i lied face down awaiting my fate. Another guy came out of the gate walking briskly homebound oblivious of the danger lurking in the dark, after surrounding him, he resisted shouting at the top of his voice " LEAVE ME ALONE, I AM AN EKOSODIN INDEGENE I AM NOT GIVING YOU ANYTHING, YOU CAN'T ROB ME IN MY OWN VILLAGE!!" hoping to bring people out to his aid Needless to say they replied him saying "we sef na indegene" and they shot his leg. Then hearing the security at the gate closing the gate because of the gunshot and thinking they were coming out to confront them, they ran away with my belongings without shooting me for which i am greatfull. I was in shock but i had to carry the injured man back to the gate, beg them to let us in so that the man could receive medical attention.
Also recently about two months ago, a guy was shot severally on edo street for standing up to some strongmen who were trying to bully him around that Nairabet center. Some detained him while one went home and brought his gun to execute him, he was shot once from behind, he got up and was shot again while his shooter was walking away, he tried to get up, the shooter turned back and shot him again, walked back to him, stood over him and shot him in the head again and stood over him for another 5 minutes watching for any sign of life all these in full public view around 8pm on a street as busy as edo street.
Well, am still in ekosodin sha doing my countdown to my exit from uniben.

When people say they rep ekosodin or they love ekosodin, it doesn't mean they condone the babarism going on there, it's just a way of saying they are proud to have survived in the toughest of neigbourhoods, just the same way some lagosians brag about growing up in ajegunle, mushin, okokomaiko e.t.c, the same way many waffarians feel about warri.
For me, outside ekosodin, there is little that fazes me anymore.

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by BraniacX(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2014
ahapiness44:
Ekosodin!!!!!
I remember in 100 level,when I told my fellow jambites in 500LT that I was going to live in Ekos,dey tot I was mad.lol..
Stayed in Ekosodin for four years, I experienced robbries, threats, fights,deaths, gun shots, everything!..
those guys can oppress sha!..
Rep! Edo street! Rep Westend hostel!....

yeh! shocked
westend dread now oh!
Peeps there now pay tax monthly sometimes weekly to a certain tax collector wink
just saying...
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by martineverest(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2014
The only martins in mechanical,alias olagbegi...check ma pix.
blakky97:

which martin be this sef? na luthern?
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by blakky97(m): 10:36am On Dec 25, 2014
martineverest:
The only martins in mechanical,alias olagbegi...check ma pix.
heeeyy! guy! how far? you don marry?
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by martineverest(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2014
Yeah
blakky97:

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by BraniacX(m): 10:40am On Dec 25, 2014
busybrain88:
I schooled at d famous federal polythechnic auchi.stayed at bawak and powerline.I remembered a day wen some guys used bullet to chase evrybody out frm a sport centre,just because arsenal was loosing against barca.omo,see men dey fly tv,dey burst zinc run.it was terrible dat day.

dat one na small, ask ekosodin peeps wetin happen for albert viewing center and edo street the day man utd lost in the uefa champions league final to barca

..........heard some dudes were thrown or shoved into an uncompleted well, beaten and peed on

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by blakky97(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2014
martineverest:
Yeah
congrats man.
best wishes
God bless your union.
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by martineverest(m): 10:47am On Dec 25, 2014
Yeah
blakky97:

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by mspee(f): 10:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Feraz:
You're a student in the University of Benin? shocked

smiley lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels / Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English / As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.