Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,002 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) (1981 Views)

Pixs Of Unique Odometer Readings. / URGENT PLS!!! Toyota Camry 04 Tyre/rim Increase / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
I jst saw that this component in my Toyota Camry 1999 was disconnected and it looks like a sensor to me. Pls I want to knw what is the exact fucntion of this component, and why it should be reconnected....thanks..awaiting experts advice

Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by CrazyScientist: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
That is the fire detector.
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
CrazyScientist:
That is the fire detector.
bro, I've checked online for fire detector in 1999 toyota camry and I can't seem to see anything like dat....pls any more suggestions
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by Denn(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
senator2k9:
bro, I've checked online for fire detector in 1999 toyota camry and I can't seem to see anything like dat....pls any more suggestions

dont mind him. its no fire detector.

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Denn:

dont mind him. its no fire detector.

then what is it?
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
senator2k9:
I jst saw that this component in my Toyota Camry 1999 was disconnected and it looks like a sensor to me. Pls I want to knw what is the exact fucntion of this component, and why it should be reconnected....thanks..awaiting experts advice

There are over 2000 components in a car. It could be very tricky knowing what this component is unless you state which place in your car you found it. I feel its a sensor or regulator or similar stuff.
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2014
Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Does the car still run?
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
Siena:
Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Does the car still run?
wow!! I'm glad siena responded to my post ! The cars runs normally so I'm suprised!! Only what I notice is dat the RPM drops when I engage drive and drops further when I switch on de AC, could dat be d probable cause?
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
lomomike:

There are over 2000 components in a car. It could be very tricky knowing what this component is unless you state which place in your car you found it. I feel its a sensor or regulator or similar stuff.
ok! I saw it on the body of the injector aluminium that bursts forward to the top of the Engine

Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2014
senator2k9:
ok! I saw it on the body of the injector aluminium that bursts forward to the top of the Engine

Wait make I call my personal person.

Oga Gazzuzz, I hail o! Happy christmas, no chop rice and chicken and drink forget us o! We need your help o!.

Thanks in advance gazzuzz.

1 Like

Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by JustPassingBy: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
Lol...that's the throttle sensor! Google it
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
lomomike:

Wait make I call my personal person.

Oga Gazzuzz, I hail o! Happy christmas, no chop rice and chicken and drink forget us o! We need your help o!.

Thanks in advance gazzuzz.

Lomomike I hail o! Complements of the season.

The pic is the CAMshaft position sensor for a 5S-FE engine. In that model the car runs without it connected, but cel will come up. In some 3s-fe models the camshaft sensor is not present.
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2014
JustPassingBy:
Lol...that's the throttle sensor! Google it
bro I think u are wrong, this is wat I saw on google . The TPS is on the throttle Body

Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Lomomike I hail o! Complements of the season.

The pic is the CAMshaft position sensor for a 5S-FE engine. In that model the car runs without it connected, but cel will come up. In some 3s-fe models the camshaft sensor is not present.

Correct man, I've learnt something new. God bless you cool
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
lomomike:

Correct man, I've learnt something new. God bless you cool
. We keep learning daily.....I'm stil a learner sha
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by sultaan(m): 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2014
Thnks my pple, I'm so proud of Nairaland
Re: URGENT: Pls What Is The Name Of This Component In My Car N Its Functions (pixs) by senator2k9(m): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2014
Sultan and GazzuZ , God bless you for me

(1) (Reply)

To Change Car Engine From 2.4 To 2.2 Means What? / Parasitic Drain On My Car Battery / Radiator Fan Keeps Working After Engine Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.