Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge (12595 Views)

More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC / Patience Ozokwor Before And After Collecting Her Share Of The 21 Billion Naira / Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by anonimi: 6:25am On Dec 27, 2014
egift:

So they only Pledged the money so that they will not donate it to Jonathan?

PDP and their corrupt agents of confusion. Now they want to tell us the donation made on National TV was just our imaginations. Jonathan must be voted out to stop insulting the sensibilities of majority of Nigerians.

Coming from someone who was STRUGGLING to justify Tambuwal's scheming ways to retain his Speakership position and the entitlements after defection, I guess you won't mind if I call out your HYPOCRISY, or will you

egift:
What the Legislative arm of Government do in the House remains in the Green Chamber. PDP are looking to how to clamp down on the Legislative Arm of Government and detect its activities from outside.

For 15yrs PDP have been sowing evil at all level of government that will take Generations to uproot. There are 3 Arms of Government that are Equal within the context of their privileges as provided by the constitution. Jonathan is just trying to make the House subjective to its illegalities.

egift:
The fact remains: The IG of Police has no authority bestow on himself the responsibility of interpreting the Law - that is the sole duty of the court. The Speaker has neither been impeached nor prohibited by the Court.

Even if you are accused of any crime, the duty of the Police is to take you to court for judgement. It is sad that for some political expediencies, some folks are supporting illegality, impunity and abuse of power. It is wrong.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by egift(m): 6:25am On Dec 27, 2014
anonimi:
I will ignore the insults to keep us on track of this very interesting and educating discussion.

They is nothing interestingly educating here. Just like Jonathan hiding away stolen NNPC funds in many Audits and Accounts, today Jonathan is again hiding the shameless violation of the electoral law in between Pledge, Donation and "actual receipt" as you dubiously put it.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by philips70(m): 6:30am On Dec 27, 2014
anonimi:

They have NOT donated yet. They have PLEDGED the amounts stated.
Donation occurs only when the amounts stated publicly is actually received in designated accounts, usually far away from the eyes of the public, not so

That is where philips70's reference to sub section 9 is null & void at THIS point in time.
Clearly!!!

I will ignore the insults to keep us on track of this very interesting and educating discussion.

If a letter of threat to life can be used in a law court to convict anyone I don't see why pledges to donate and acceptance plus gratitude will not commit GEJ and his cohorts to prison. Lawyers over to you people. The PDP will forever attempt to turn Nigerian constitution into a paper fit to sell groundnuts as long as they remain in power.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:31am On Dec 27, 2014
egift:

PDP and their corrupt agents of confusion. Now they want to tell us the donation made on National TV was just our imaginations. Jonathan must be voted out to stop insulting the sensibilities of majority of Nigerians.

I sometimes wonder how heartless these PDP can be. They come here to constructively spew lies with the hope of deceiving gullible folks. Our eyes are wide open.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Dereformer(m): 6:35am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:
"Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act stipulates that an individual or other entity shall not donate more than N1, 000,000.00 to any candidate.

It is as clear as the crystal that all those individuals, groups of individuals and companies that donated more than N1 Million towards the campaign of President Jonathan have contravened Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act.

Section 91 (10) of the Electoral Act says that candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits an offence and on conviction is liable in the case of Presidential election, to a maximum fine of N1, 000,000.00 or imprisonment for a term of 12 months or both."

Question is should a President watch his citizens flout extants of a constitution he swore to protect and applaud them in his speech?

These are the youths we say must take over leadership from the old folks. The Mr-Know-It-All lawyer to be who wrote this smartly quoted extant portions which favours his argument and leaves the above in a bid to justify his jaundiced neutral-non-Jonathan position. The law was flouted with gross impunity but as usual we will move on. The ruling party in Nigeria will never do no wrong. There are always hordes of unsolicited beggars-for-alms Nigerians who will come to their defence.

what evidence do have to prove that some of the donors donated more than N1m.

Mere promise of donating N1b does not mean i have donated N1b.

Mark my words, some of the donors may not even redeem their pledge or vow.

Some of them may have even pledged a higher amount in other to encourage others to donate. It is strategic.

In any case, GEJ will win 2015 elections and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by anonimi: 6:37am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:
If a letter of threat to life can be used in a law court to convict anyone I don't see why pledges to donate and acceptance plus gratitude will not commit GEJ and his cohorts to prison. Lawyers over to you people. The PDP will forever attempt to turn Nigerian constitution into a paper fit to sell groundnuts as long as they remain in power.

Did you say the same thing about Tambuwal WANTING to remain Speaker despite announcing his defection AFTER the House passed the motion to ADJOURN for the day shocked
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 27, 2014
nduchucks:
@OP, Sir Barrister Olugbemi Olukayode, your submission up there is typical of irresponsible and ignorant acts which make reasonable people question the quality of our educational system. I assume here that you went to law school in Nigeria, and if you did not, I suspect that you obtained your law degree in one of those fly-by-night on-line law schools.

You quote an irrelevant section 91 of the The Electoral Act of 2010, to justify the apparent criminality by GEJ and his billion naira contributors, in a foolish attempt to cover-up the apparent criminality. Section 91 as you correctly pointed out, pertains to election expense.

What the heck does election expense have to to with the amount of money an individual can contribute to a political party? What you did with your submission is equivalent to a defence lawyer going to court and and stating that his client is not guilty of physically abusing his wife after beating her until her eyes were gouged out, because he did not commit the crime of rape. Barrister does that make sense to you?

The relevant section in the electoral act which you should focus on is section 91 (9) and section 90. phillips70 has already done justice to section 91 (9).

So Sir, Barrister, your homework is to go and find out the limit which INEC has placed on the said contribution. A first year law student can find this out very easily. Once you've done that, please come back and tell us whether GEJ and his billion naira contributors have violated the law.

Until then, your submission and those of others, blindly defending GEJ and his gang of rogues will be ignored.

...find that and then write intelligently not the gibberish you wrote
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by emeka2847: 6:41am On Dec 27, 2014
shdemidemi:
There is a certain limit to donations stipulated by the law, I don't know how the OP. Missed it.

THE LIMIT IS 1 MILLION NAIRA PER DONOR, AND PEEPS WERE DROPPING UP TO 20 MILLION PER HEAD. Sad!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:

He is wrong. He purposely left out sub section 9. Read it in my earlier comment. It's not a good thing for a youth to mislead other youths in matters of this nature no matter what we stand to gain from it in the interim.

Wrong or right, counter him with superior knowledge if you have any. Quote the appropriate sections and disect it, you didn't in your earlier post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by otokx(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2014
The hand of Esau but the voice of Jacob.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by kheart(m): 6:42am On Dec 27, 2014
we all know lawyers re like their fellow counterpart politrickcians. Liar
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by anonimi: 6:43am On Dec 27, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Olopa ewo ni t'epe, e mu won tan e tun ni won o ni bo ninu e - Oga Police why you dey curse na, you catch dem still dey pray sey dem nor go release dem sharperly? grin

Seriously, why would you curse someone for trying to EDUCATE you & other dafties freely on how things work behind all the public posturing and HYPOCRISY of the noise making "change" alternates shocked
When a man has reached the LIMITS of his intellectual capacity in a discussion, he resorts to abuses, inanities & curses!
Make I helep am say- Back to Sender i.e. BTS!!!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 27, 2014
egift:

Sometimes, stop name calling and be civil, thereafter make your point known and we all might learn. Since you always start with insults and derogatory remarks, we sometimes consider you as a juvenile whose work ain't worth reading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Stop deceiving Nigerians with your cunny tactics. Not all of us are gullible, the Intelligent one's will always spot your flaws

Why did you stop at section 7, what happened to section 8 and 9. Your impishness will one day lead you straight to hell. Mstcheeeewww

Section 91 (9) of the 2010 Electoral Act states

(9) No individual or other entity shall donate more than one million naira (N1,000,000) to any candidate.

Entity according to my dictionary states

en·ti·ty [éntətee]
(plural en·ti·ties)
noun
1. object: something that exists as or is perceived as a single separate object
2. philosophy existence: the state of having existence
3. philosophy essential nature: the essence or character of something

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Then the follow up in section 91 (10) states

(10) A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits
an offence and on conviction shall be liable –
(a) in case of presidential election to a maximum fine of N1,000,000.00 or
imprisonment of 12 months or both;

First of all, they can all pay 1M as fine.
Second of all, I think they donated to the party and not GEJ....lol!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 27, 2014
idee91:
Wake up early mormor dey talk trash. ...
Am a law student too.... u can kiss my arse

Wake up, its dawn. Given that your choice of words is the motor park type, I can confidently tell you that Law is not learnt in the motor park.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:

GBAM!

I tell you, JONATHANIANS have lost it.

Before concluding that someone has lost it, you might need to think through. Nobody made you a judge or jury

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 27, 2014
egift:

They is nothing interestingly educating here. Just like Jonathan hiding away stolen NNPC funds in many Audits and Accounts, today Jonathan is again hiding the shameless violation of the electoral law in between Pledge, Donation and "actual receipt" as you dubiously put it.

If you're held accountable for your unverified allegations, what will you do?

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by anonimi: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:

First of all, they can all pay 1M as fine.
Second of all, I think they donated to the party and not GEJ....lol!

Thanks for also pointing out other LOOPHOLES that can be legally exploited to escape any sanction.

Rather than the whining babies here to petition their SINators and representaTHIEVES to redress and plug these loopholes they are here cursing like juvenile delinquents angry
SMH shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:

Since you don't know law, wouldn't it be convenient to just keep quiet? let Lawyers do their job, both APC and PDP have loyal ones.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 27, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

I sometimes wonder how heartless these PDP can be. They come here to constructively spew lies with the hope of deceiving gullible folks. Our eyes are wide open.

Both the PDP and APC are guilty of same so zip it. Anyway, your eyes are wide open, you can see clearly but not comprehending

BTW, I remember cramjones donated more than 1M yo GMB, why isn't he jailed or forced to pay 1M. #doublestandard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:51am On Dec 27, 2014
anonimi:

Thanks for also pointing out other LOOPHOLES that can be legally exploited to escape any sanction.

Rather the whining babies here to petition their SINators and representaTHIEVES to redress and plug these loopholes they are here cursing like juvenile delinquents angry
SMH shocked

You missed it before, don't miss it again

Section 91 (10) of the 2010 Electoral Act states

(10) A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits
an offence and on conviction shall be liable –
(a) in case of presidential election to a maximum fine of N1,000,000.00 or
imprisonment of 12 months or both;

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by PassingShot(m): 6:51am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:

Before concluding that someone has lost it, you might need to think through. Nobody made you a judge or jury

But those who are not blinded by sheer hatred and bigotry can clearly see the writing on the wall.

The type of rigging that PDP will require to survive the CHANGE TSUNAMI has not even been known to exist.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 27, 2014
Dereformer:

what evidence do have to prove that some of the donors donated more than N1m.

Mere promise of donating N1b does not mean i have donated N1b.

Mark my words, some of the donors may not even redeem their pledge or vow.

Some of them may have even pledged a higher amount in other to encourage others to donate. It is strategic.

In any case, GEJ will win 2015 elections and nothing will happen.

Cramjones on Nairaland claimed to have donated more than 1M to GMB, who's going to arrest him? The APC touts ain't even seeing that.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by egift(m): 6:53am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:
If you're held accountable for your unverified allegations, what will you do?

what unverified allegations? Till date Jonathan Administration has not been able to explain the where about of $10.8 billion. And if you add the illegal subsidy payments on Kerosene, that will be a total on $20 billion for only the period Sanusi revealed. More had be lost since then.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by anonimi: 6:53am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:
Since you don't know law, wouldn't it be convenient to just keep quiet? let Lawyers do their job both APC and PDP have loyal ones.

Is the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC spokesman Alhaji LIE Muhammed no longer a lawyer?
I am sure he will soon issue a statement to address these issues in a very professional manner grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Old National Anthem Vs The New National Anthem, Was The Change Necessary? / 2019: Akeredolu/Oshiomhole Rift Threatens APC Chances In Ondo / Saudi King, Qatari Emir, Russian Envoy Congratulate President Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.