Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge (12593 Views)

More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC / Patience Ozokwor Before And After Collecting Her Share Of The 21 Billion Naira / Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by anonimi: 7:24am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:

It is a stock in trade of the PDP to distort facts, whip up sentiments all to make their principal look like the victim. Because Nigerians hardly read and research you guys spew all sorts of lies to deceive them in forums.

Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Mulikat Akande-Adeola, said on Tuesday‎ that it had now dawned on her that the Speaker, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, his Deputy, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha, and Deputy House Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor, played a game on her over Tambuwal’s defection.
T‎ambuwal had defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress on October 28.
He adjourned the House to December 3 soon after announcing his defection, cashing in on the motion for adjournment already moved by Akande-Adeola.
The majority leader has since come under heavy criticism from the PDP, which ‎blames her for allowing Tambuwal to defect under her nose and getting away with a lengthy adjournment of the House.

Read my post that YOU quoted again. I clearly said after the House passed the MOTION to adjourn for the day.

Spot the difference or you need some help
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by mentorandfriend(m): 7:27am On Dec 27, 2014
venomous:

In a civilized country political parties are formed on the basis of a defining ideology for example in the US there is the Republican and the Democrat in the UK there is the liberal and conservative.... But in my dear country Nigeria...... Please you that have something to write tell me d defining ideology of PDP and APC........ Some people are just political fanatics....arguing and defending out of ignorance... Smh
Look at this ignoramus. Your earlier speech tackled GEJ and GMB and I replied you in that wise. We are not like America. we run a multipolictical structure where individuals can even float their own party and coin up their own ideology. One never forgets how APC have repeatedly called themselves progressives, and how PDP have always tried to sell to us the idealogy of Government of the people, for the people, and by the people, which was by the way first used by Abraham Lincoln. Stop shifting when you are caught up at your wits end in argument. Kindly refer back to GMB and GEJ you compared initially or carry yourself and get out of my way.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by philips70(m): 7:29am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:

Wrong or right, counter him with superior knowledge if you have any. Quote the appropriate sections and disect it, you didn't in your earlier post.

It was well quoted in my first comment. He smartly dodged it to confuse readers. Dissecting and interpretation is left in the hands of learned fellows knowing fully well there are always lawyers on each side of a case.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by philips70(m): 7:31am On Dec 27, 2014
anonimi:

Read my post that YOU quoted again. I clearly said after the House passed the MOTION to adjourn for the day.

Spot the difference or you need some help

Let Nairalanders help you spot the difference in the use of after in the two statements. Obviously, it's you who need help.

Or go back yourself and dissect them but this time without a herd mentality.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by modhream: 7:39am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:
"Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act stipulates that an individual or other entity shall not donate more than N1, 000,000.00 to any candidate.

It is as clear as the crystal that all those individuals, groups of individuals and companies that donated more than N1 Million towards the campaign of President Jonathan have contravened Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act.

Section 91 (10) of the Electoral Act says that candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits an offence and on conviction is liable in the case of Presidential election, to a maximum fine of N1, 000,000.00 or imprisonment for a term of 12 months or both."

Question is should a President watch his citizens flout extants of a constitution he swore to protect and applaud them in his speech?

These are the youths we say must take over leadership from the old folks. The Mr-Know-It-All lawyer to be who wrote this smartly quoted extant portions which favours his argument and leaves the above in a bid to justify his jaundiced neutral-non-Jonathan position. The law was flouted with gross impunity but as usual we will move on. The ruling party in Nigeria will never do no wrong. There are always hordes of unsolicited beggars-for-alms Nigerians who will come to their defence.
Of course,the 1diot job-hunter will overlook those pesky sections.All those billions to be grabbed n u don't want him having a seat in the room when it's being done?.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by BetaThings: 7:44am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:

If a letter of threat to life can be used in a law court to convict anyone I don't see why pledges to donate and acceptance plus gratitude will not commit GEJ and his cohorts to prison. Lawyers over to you people. The PDP will forever attempt to turn Nigerian constitution into a paper fit to sell groundnuts as long as they remain in power.

We don't need to go that far
Will adults, rich people whose time is valuable gather with a president and VP for the purpose of Nollywood?
BTW let him tell us how past donations have been done
In Nigeria, you cannot write a cheque for more than N10m
You cannot pay more than N3m by cash
So if not by pledge to be redeemed by bank transfer, how will it be done

And Mr Ayeni of Skyebank donated N1b for him and his partner, how would he have brought it there?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by PassingShot(m): 7:45am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:

What is a fact? And what is ground? Check it up bro you don't have the facts

Suit yourself please.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2014
mentorandfriend:
Look at this ignoramus. Your earlier speech tackled GEJ and GMB and I replied you in that wise. We are not like America. we run a multipolictical structure where individuals can even float their own party and coin up their own ideology. One never forgets how APC have repeatedly called themselves progressives, and how PDP have always tried to sell to us the idealogy of Government of the people, for the people, and by the people, which was by the way first used by Abraham Lincoln. Stop shifting when you are caught up at your wits end in argument. Kindly refer back to GMB and GEJ you compared initially or carry yourself and get out of my way.

OK since you decide to play the game...I will play along..... From my own understanding political parties produces politicians who demonstrates their founding ideologies in their policy making... And also in the contest of this argument. Its safe to refer to GMB and GEJ as an embodiment of their various parties..... Tell me any policy that has been made by politicians in Nigeria that truly reflects any ideology whatsoever if not to loot for themselves and mind you the US is also a multi party country..... Don't say what you don't know undecided
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by BossAyuk: 7:48am On Dec 27, 2014
Redoil:
Yoruba people the so called most civilise people una don hear? Stop posting falshood and lies against gej govt it wont do you any good
Why did he leave this portion out??

"Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act
stipulates that an individual or other entity
shall not donate more than N1, 000,000.00
to any candidate.

As you can see, anybody who donated more than 1 million.naira has violated the electoral act.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by hayoakins(m): 7:48am On Dec 27, 2014
adaweezy:
Let the truth be told and facts separated from mere beliefs

It saddens me anytime I read about the donation of 21billion naira for the re-election of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the accompanying comments from Nigerians and particularly some Nigerian students who believe that the law has been violated.

However, as a penultimate law student who is well grounded in the intricacies of law, I have deemed it fit to put an end to this campaign of calumny.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a supporter of GEJ as I personally do not want him, I, on the other hand, do not expect those who have been clamouring for the highest office in the land to do so by deceiving Nigerians who may not have the arsenal of knowledge available at their disposal.

I, Olugbemi Olukayode, do make bold to say without any fear of reprisal that the donation of 21billion naira to either the PDP or GEJ's campaign is not a violation of the law.

The Electoral Act, 2010 which is what still governs elections in Nigeria stipulates in Section 91 (1-7) that

'91. -(1) Election expenses shall not exceed the sum stipulated in subsection (2) – (7) of this section.

(2) The maximum election expenses to be incurred by a candidate at a Presidential election shall be one billion naira (N1,000,000,000).

(3) The maximum election expenses to be incurred by a candidate at a Governorship election shall be two hundred million naira (N200,000,000).

(4) The maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred in respect of Senatorial seat by a candidate at an election to the National Assembly shall be forty million naira (N40,000,000) while the seat for House of Representatives shall be twenty million naira (N20,000,000)

(5) In the case of State Assembly election, the maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred shall be ten million naira (N10,000,000).

(6) In the case of a chairmanship election to an Area Council, the maximum amount of election expresses to be incurred shall be ten million naira (N10,000,000).

(7) In the case of councillorship election to an Area Council, the maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred shall be one million naira (N1,000, 000).

Hence, what amounts to a violation of the law is when the expenses incurred exceeds 1billion naira and not when they generate in excess.

From a simple accounting knowledge, we know that there is a great difference between Income and Expenditure, hence, the APC should kindly not mislead the people. If you are to lead the nation, possibly in 2015, you should garner your votes through accurate dissemination of truthful information and not falsehood neither should they tell INEC to prosecute the PDP when it is clear that they haven't violated the law.

Similarly, in section 93(4) of the same Act, the law stipulates that

'4) Every political party sponsoring the election of a candidate shall, within three months after the announcement of the results of the election, file a report of the contributions made by individuals and entities to the Commission.

Hence, the commission shall check if they have violated the law. Thus, in order not to promote falsehood, it is important that the APC wait till such report is submitted to INEC before raising unnecessary dust.

To our brothers and sisters who are supporting any political party, it is important that we disseminate only the right information at all times. To those who are clamouring for GMB, kindly make a choice between voting for him and the INEC ad-hoc job you all registered for. To those clamouring for GEJ, kindly do so in all civility and modesty.

In all, Nigeria belongs to all of us, let us treat it as a collective inheritance and not as a private business.

I still believe that if we start doing the right things now, Nigeria will be the world's most desirable nation to live in by 31st December, 2025.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

You forgot to quote CAMA Section 38(2). Check it out and revert.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Acidosis(m): 7:48am On Dec 27, 2014
So all the numerous campaign adverts in video, paper and banners for Buhari (including Amaechi's stolen money) cost less than 1billion?

Whoever believes this is not only f00lish but deserves to be jailed and burnt to ashes.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 27, 2014
philips70:
"Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act stipulates that an individual or other entity shall not donate more than N1, 000,000.00 to any candidate.

It is as clear as the crystal that all those individuals, groups of individuals and companies that donated more than N1 Million towards the campaign of President Jonathan have contravened Section 91 (9) of the Electoral Act.

Section 91 (10) of the Electoral Act says that candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits an offence and on conviction is liable in the case of Presidential election, to a maximum fine of N1, 000,000.00 or imprisonment for a term of 12 months or both."

over sabi lawyer adaweezy, did you even read this or you catch apollo when it came to this part? ridiculous nairaland!
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Solowande(m): 7:53am On Dec 27, 2014
4bobo:
You must be aspiring charge and bail lawyer. You are the defendant as well as the judge. That's why many people think lawyers are liars. So the money generated will be kept in a museum. Smh
wait till d money has been spend b4 start complaining mr complain complain
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by BetaThings: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2014
Companies cannot donate 1k, according to companies and allied matters act

Capacity and powers of companies 
38. Powers of companies 
(1) Except to the extent that the company's memorandum or any enactment otherwise provides, every company
shall, for the furtherance of its authorised business or objects, have all the powers of a natural person of full
capacity. 
(2) A company shall not have or exercise power either directly or indirectly to make a donation or gift of any of its
property or funds to a political party or political association, or for any political purpose
; and if any company, in
breach of this subsection makes any donation or gift of its property to a political party or political association, or
for any political purpose, the officers in default and any member who voted for the breach shall be jointly and
severally liable to refund to the company the sum or value of the donation or gift and in addition, the company and
every such officer or member shall be guilty of an offence and liable to a fine equal to the amount or value of the
donation or gift

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by mentorandfriend(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2014
venomous:

OK since you decide to play the game...I will play along..... From my own understanding political parties produces politicians who demonstrates their founding ideologies in their policy making... And also in the contest of this argument. Its safe to refer to GMB and GEJ as an embodiment of their various parties..... Tell me any policy that has been made by politicians in Nigeria that truly reflects any ideology whatsoever if not to loot for themselves and mind you the US is also a multi party country..... Don't say what you don't know undecided
So can you state specifically what policies GMB made between 1983 and 1985 that promoted looting, and kindly compare it with policies of the last six years. Dont get me started this morning. By the way, on what grounds do you dare to put GMB and GEJ side by side? Ever heard that Players in the oil and gas sector dobated N5bn in the face of the international fall in oil price few days ago? That money could build a refinery, yet they frustrate every such effort. Subsidy cash and its recent scam that was exposed comes to mind. Ever heard how N21bn came out within 2hours in a certain dinner party few days ago too, and they say Nigeria is looking for international loan of 1bn dollars to counter insurgency? You see?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by CoCoLav(f): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2014
mfm04622:
You have not taken into consideration the fact the CAMA stipulate that companies must not donate to political candidates nor parties. Emzor donated. Other companies did! What have you to say about that?

1000000 likes!

Nobody seems to have mentioned that.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by adaweezy(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2014
My link is 21 Billion Naira Donations: Much Ado About Nothing http:///chQ6utkTv5
and Nairaland mods can unban my monicker Adadadon
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Edron1(m): 8:17am On Dec 27, 2014
THE Peoples Democratic Party Fund Raising
Dinner held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, to
boost President Goodluck Jonathan’s
campaign war chest has been attracting public
attention. The event, which took place last
Saturday, was attended by business people,
multinational organisations, interest groups
and individuals who donated a sum of N21.27
billion to support his campaign for the 2015
presidential election.
But the President and his party will definitely
have trouble explaining away this latest
bizarre development in regard to the law of the
electoral game and the morality in politics.
Though how a political party’s candidate
raises his or her campaign funds is the party’s
affair, the process must comply with the
extant laws and pass the integrity test. First,
Nigerian laws are unambiguous on campaign
expenses and funding. The 1999 Constitution
in Section 221 clearly states: “No association,
other than a political party, shall canvass for
votes for any candidate at any election or
contribute to the funds of any political party or
to the election expenses of any candidate at
an election.” The Companies and Allied
Matters Act also expressly forbids companies
in Section 38 (2) from funding or donating
gifts, property or money to any political party
or association. Then the Electoral Act 2010, as
amended, specifies in Section 91 (2) that “the
maximum election expenses to be incurred by
a candidate at a presidential election shall be
N1 billion.”
But Jonathan, the ruling PDP and its 21 state
governors took lawlessness to a new height
on Saturday when one Tunde Ayeni, leading
other donors, gave N2 billion on behalf of
himself and his unnamed “partner” and
“friends.” Jerry Gana, a permanent fixture in
successive governments, announced N5
billion on behalf of his equally mysterious
friends and “associates in the power sector.”
Not to be outdone, oil and gas sector “friends”
also pledged N5 billion; real estate and
building sector, N4 billion; transport and
aviation sector, N1 billion; food and
agriculture, N500 million; power, N500 million;
construction, N310 million; road construction,
N250 million; National Automotive
Association, N450 million; and Shelter
Development Limited, N250 million. Going by
the Electoral Act, which caps the donation an
individual could make at N1 million, 5,000
donors must have been behind Gana’s N5
billion gift.
There is no doubting the fact that these
donations raise salient questions verging on
transparency. At a period when the
government should be taking interest in
enforcing compliance with the money
laundering laws, people should not come out
to announce donations on behalf of
themselves and their “friends,” without
actually naming those “friends.” It should also
be of interest to know if those donors and
their anonymous “friends” have complied with
appropriate tax obligations. International best
practices stipulate this as the minimum
irreducible requirement.
Many Nigerians will also be interested in
knowing how the Board of the Niger Delta
Development Commission, which was credited
with producing N15 million, came about its
donation. As a government agency, where did
it derive such powers to donate to a political
party from? Having done this for the PDP
presidential campaign, will the commission
also make a similar amount available to other
parties?
As for the sectoral donors, there is also the
need for total disclosure. Who were the actors
in the oil and gas sector that donated N5
billion? If they are publicly quoted companies,
did they get the approval of their shareholders
before going on the spending spree? How did
the power sector that has not been able to
muster enough investible funds come about a
N500 million donation? With the automobile
industry donating N450 million, it is no longer
surprising that it benefited so much from the
government’s controversial waivers.
Ayeni, a legal practitioner whose consortium
recently acquired NITEL and Mtel, is also the
chairman of Skye Bank Plc and a director in
the Ibadan Electricity Development Company.
Given that these big time sectoral players have
suddenly become the big donors to the
President’s campaign, what is the guarantee
that regulators would be able to control them?
It is little wonder that the government, after
selling the power sector to private operators, is
still interested in arranging a N213 billion
bailout for them.
So, except the players in the various sectors
donated their own money, they have brazenly
violated the law if they did so on behalf of
their companies. The relevant authorities
should demand their tax returns. As of 2010,
domestic airlines collectively owed banks and
regulators over N300 billion. To say the least,
this is another outrageous example of brazen
impunity in government.
Indeed, a string of ugly scandals has dotted
the Jonathan administration. Among the most
unsettling cases is the N2.53 trillion paid out
in 2011 as petrol subsidies to cronies and
“ghost” businessmen when the National
Assembly approved only N245 billion that
year. We also recollect the mind-numbing
loss to the national treasury of some
questionable waivers that cost the country
N64 billion in first six months of the year.
Funds that disappeared from the public till can
now find their way back as campaign
donations. There is also the unresolved issue
of missing billions of dollars at the state-
owned oil company.
This scale of campaign slush funds and illegal
contributions in return for some political and
economic favours is deeply worrying. On
moral grounds, leveraging on political power
to raise campaign funds is corrosively anti-
democratic. That it was done by previous
administrations should not be a justifiable
excuse for the flagrant abuse of power. There
is next to no doubt that some of these funds
are of doubtful origin. It is just sickening to
find a President who claims to be fighting
corruption fraternising with the venal high and
mighty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by modhream: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2014
adaweezy:
My link is 21 Billion Naira Donations: Much Ado About Nothing http:///chQ6utkTv5
and Nairaland mods can unban my monicker Adadadon
Your ban should be extended,in my view.For mischievously trying to hoodwink the unlettered n the gullible,all cos u need a job or be noticed by the powers that be.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by idee91: 9:26am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:

Wake up, its dawn. Given that your choice of words is the motor park type, I can confidently tell you that Law is not learnt in the motor park.

"The effect of criminal law on nigerian garage boys" that was a project topic of a colleague.....
So u see law could be learnt in the motor park....

But u can have that, cos that aint what am mad as. ...

But who d f do u think u are ??
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2014
how much were you paid, @op....you ended up contradicting yourself

I would love to know how you managed to rationally equate 1 billion Naira to 21 billion Naira
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by idee91: 9:50am On Dec 27, 2014
iv4fb:

Wake up, its dawn. Given that your choice of words is the motor park type, I can confidently tell you that Law is not learnt in the motor park.

"The effect of criminal law on nigerian garage boys" that was a project topic of a colleague.....

But u can have that, cos that aint what I'm mad at. ...

Given that you don't taste ur words b4 u spit dem.... I'll like u 2 face ur business, kaji ko ?
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2014
idee91:

But u can have that, cos that aint what I'm mad at. ...

Given that you don't taste ur words b4 u spit dem.... I'll like u 2 face ur business, kaji ko ?

Pele, life must be really hard for u. just take it easy.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by adaweezy(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2014
modhream:

Your ban should be extended,in my view.For mischievously trying to hoodwink the unlettered n the gullible,all cos u need a job or be noticed by the powers that be.

Ok you are noticed
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:56am On Dec 27, 2014
4bobo:
You must be aspiring charge and bail lawyer. You are the defendant as well as the judge. That's why many people think lawyers are liars. So the money generated will be kept in a museum. Smh

LMAO! cheesy
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Rainmaker69(m): 10:20am On Dec 27, 2014
adaweezy:

However, as a penultimate law student who is well grounded in the intricacies of law, I have deemed it fit to put an end to this campaign of calumny.

I, Olugbemi Olukayode, do make bold to say without any fear of reprisal that the donation of 21billion naira to either the PDP or GEJ's campaign is not a violation of the law.

adaweezy:
Let the truth be told and facts separated from mere beliefs

I for call you baby lawyer but you nor be lawyer yet. If you do become a lawyer, here's some free advice:
Always do a thorough analysis of the issues involved in a legal problem.

Use the issues to identify the appropriate law(s) that apply to that situation. Do all the laws apply to all the actors?

As much as possible, have a senior colleague review your application of the law(s) to the facts on ground.

In this case, you applied the wrong sections of only one applicable law (Electoral Act as amended). You omitted the most critical sections of the Act sef).
Wetin you do to Companies and Allied Matters Act (for corporate donors), the various anti money-laundering laws including ICPC Act and EFCC Act, and of course the Constitution (for the governors donating state funds)? I suggest you buy these laws or use your school library (if they're available).

For now, you have scored 0/10. Your assignment is to go and study all these laws and rewrite your essay. Also, give me the number of your dean. We need to talk.

Case dismissed with costs against the Op.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by mcquin(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2014
henryobinna:
then your future is at stake(if you have any)

With GEJ do we still have a future? What will you tell Chibok girls about their future that the C in C failed to protect?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2014
slimmy05:
The confused Osibanjo who is meant to face God's work decides to soil his hands in politics. He has chose to dine with the devil.
Religion is ntn but a curse on mankind,so because he's a pastor means,he shud not contest 4 any post in this country.
U who is either a christian or a muslim,y do u vote during elections. Slimmy05,u no get sense.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by henryobinna(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2014
mcquin:

With GEJ do we still have a future? What will you tell Chibok girls about their future that the C in C failed to protect?
is that why you want Buhari to rule till 2099?
assuming he wins
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by mcquin(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2014
henryobinna:
is that why you want Buhari to rule till 2099?
assuming he wins

Seriously are you ok or is it that GEJ's clowns are now bereft of ideas. How does clamour for Buhari's getting over power translate to him staying till 2099 or is this no longer a democracy with a characteristic of regular elections?

Guy if you have Buhariphobia because you are from South, not all of us have. If GEJ had performed, we wouldn't have opted for Buhari; after all it is well known that the North has ruled for quite long and that is why many queued bhind GEJ in 2011.
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by henryobinna(m): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
mcquin:

Seriously are you ok or is it that GEJ's clowns are now bereft of ideas. How does clamour for Buhari's getting over power translate to him staying till 2099 or is this no longer a democracy with a characteristic of regular elections?

Guy if you have Buhariphobia because you are from South, not all of us have. If GEJ had performed, we wouldn't have opted for Buhari; after all it is well known that the North has ruled for quite long and that is why many queued bhind GEJ in 2011.
see as yoi dey buy market wey no concern you.

mr.man, my post you quoted first was directed to some guy, who said buhari till 2099.

I then asked you a question cos your post was in concord with his'.
and you're here typing sh¡t about south, buhariphobia bla bla bla..

na wa oh..
read well before you attack like a wounded dog
Re: Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge by Athanatos(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
duni04:
OP is screaming for Reno's attention. With a piece like this, you've definitely got it undecided
You know its funny how Nigerians think! We're the smartest gullible nation I've ever seen! How in God's name can't you know the difference between Income and expenditure? PDP has generated 21 billion,have they spent it on their campaign? No! The law states that a man is innocent until proven otherwise! Those of you who have no inkling about the workings of the law call OP a charge and bail lawyer. Sad. Until they spend more than is required on their campaign,they aren't guilty-at least not yet.

My 2 kobo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit / Military To Observe Ceasefire Despite Militants’ Continued Attacks / We Have Evidence How PDP Plans To Make Nigeria Ungovernable For Buhari – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.