Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,636 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84720 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Neplusultra(f): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2014
StOla:

[s][/s]
What has the capital envy got to do with this thread? You can identify an Igbo for his/her affinity for the word "Envy".

Who is making political demands and who has the power to grant the demands?

Who is asking that the ethnic language be discontinued in a Yoruba state?

Who is asking for funding for a festival alien to Yoruba land?

Do the blessed always ask for more? Or when did the character flaw of covetousness become a blessing?

All I see is greed, and if you are infected with this disease already, I hope you do not genetically transfer it to your offspring.

This greed consumed your ancestors in the North, I hope it doesn't consume your offsprings in the West.
[s][/s] Cry me atlantic ocean!!! Oga u r talking gibberish! Igbos are blessed! Period.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Neplusultra(f): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2014
sukkot:
lol i beg to differ bro. it is not a case of yorubas being as soft as foam. as a human being you are supposed to be ductile and malleable or you will break. you are supposed to try and get on with everybody and live peaceably with all men if you can. now some may see this as a form of weakness but i see it as a form of strength. so i dont think it is yorubas being soft as much as i see it as ndigbos having very strong spirit. take for example america alone. you are bound to have annually up to 20 cases of ndigbo men butchering their wives to death in the most heinous ways possible. THATS THAT VERY STRONG SPIRIT. i hope you understand what i mean when i say ' very strong spirit '
So only igbos butcher deir spouse?? U want to tell me their has not cases of oda tribes?? Mtchewww!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by CzarRex: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2014
But sorry to say dis,d real ownaz of lagos are tryin 2 show hu d boss is..if u igbos like constitute 99% population of lagos,d whole nigeria knws dat lagos blongs 2 d yorubas..with d pic below u will see dat lagos will reamain with d yorubas if nigeria eventually divide one day..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by CzarRex: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2014
But sorry to say dis,d real ownaz of lagos are tryin 2 show hu d boss is..if u igbos like constitute 99% population of lagos,d whole nigeria knws dat lagos blongs 2 d yorubas..with d pic below u will see dat lagos will reamain with d yorubas if nigeria eventually divide one day..

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Neplusultra(f): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2014
dollarsplenty:

Must I be Igbo before calling igbo my people? This is d same thing we are saying, must you insult me? Stop being stupid, be reasonable.
U r not ooo!!! undecided
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Neplusultra(f): 8:21am On Dec 29, 2014
MayorofLagos:
Im an engineer by profession and I will strangle an Ibo if i catch him in the wrong mood.

Creepy bantu! Try me!! angry angry
U cant do shiet!!! Rubbish!!! Mayor my left butt cheek!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by eaglechild: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2014
all4naija:

That is what I called a primitive black man idea of self-aggrandizement. It is nauseating people are creating territories when there is need for unity among humans in advancing humanity.

I can't seem to understand why you so much have to fashion a scene of dividing the people and ask for mutual respect. It never worked that way. Mutual respect comes from a scenario where there is unity and trust. There is no way people who don't trust each other are going to have respect that you are asking for. What you said is typical of average African person. I cannot believe a well read Yoruba person in a developed country is still having such a primitive mindset. These are the same things which give rise to many bad vices like supremacy, abusing other people's rights, cultural narcissism, fanaticism, hate, crimes, etc. Nigerians haven't learn from those who passed through such conditions in the past. The Nazi Germany institutionalized such practices and we have seen the devastating effects on humanity. Yet you are here talking about them. What a shame on you! I am not going to be a part of hate and look down on other tribes because I think they don't belong in my territory. That ignorance you are shipping in is xenophobic in nature. Please, stop the nonsense and find better solutions.

Very objective.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Neplusultra(f): 8:30am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=misterme post=29292464][/quote] Do u have to say all dat to hard hearted people People who have alrdy made up deir mind to hate u just cos dey feel dey dont have wot u have? Its not about d demands of igbo as can be seen from spiteful and hateful comments here! Its about frustration, an age long one at dat!!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ogaofficer(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2014
Neplusultra:
Pffffttttt! Stale! Am a woman not a girl for ur info! U nid d change more! undecided
you dont act like one.... The way you responded to my post speaks a lot abt your mentality which is childish. Get better ma'am and you will see the change you long for. . . . .Peace.
P.S: i have no intention to be rude. . . .GRACIAS

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by DgreatObserver(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2014
Omo Igbo, even d hausa that first u come 2 lagos did not make noice and did not have any post, is u mumu and olodo igbo want a political seat abi, if we will give a political seat should be d hausa not igbo, make una go farm yam jor
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2014
blemon44:
ibos are left out in entirely everything in this country

so its no news if fashola does the same

[size=16pt]They determined their own political destiny basically. They are not pushful in presenting formidable candidates, they would rather support another tribe instead of presenting their own, they clamor for separation unknowing to them separation would be impossible without their people in high political places to cause the change they require..... The small southern states carry more weight than Ndigbo in recent times, its pathetic.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by watchindelta(m): 9:17am On Dec 29, 2014
one Nigeria......
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by chuka5000(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Collynzo419:
Iboes always complaining

what happened to staying in their God forsaken enclave and developing their villages?

If Iboes make up 75% of the population of Lagos- why complain?

Iboes should just use their numbers and take over Lagos, what are they waiting for??

Jokers

Idiat
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Dexema(m): 9:26am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=JackBaueress1 post=29293984] heeeii! Nawao! Make I think am. grin cheesy

No need to think too much na,my name is jack bauer,I'm handsome,rich and action full my body sotay u fit charge your ba3 for my body.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Akanbiedu(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2014
MayorofLagos:

I agree! The academic degree is somewhat of a hindrance to Yoruba senses. This is where I see Fashola, sorry to say.

He, for some reason, believes a SAN that he is forbids him to trade insults or throw jabs or be perceived or spoken of as exhibiting the traits of a tout.

Isnt this what our parents indoctrinated in us? Soon as you start fighting they tell us we are behaving like someone with no home training or a motorpark tout. And if its a girl they tell her behaving like omo alata. Lol. As if omo alata is some sort of an animal. Same parents that want us to conduct ourselves appropriately and not behave like animals allowed and permitted animals to invade in and live amongst us. Why did they not check and cleanse these animals for upgrade to our level before letting them settle?

An engineer can throw blowz, there is nothing wrong with it. A medical doctor can stab, its all within human nature to do so when provoked. An accountant can head butt and a lawyer can wrestle, in Nigeria, its all permitted when you have animal grade race of people cohabiting with you.

LOL so true. Some of us are lucky, we have been really educated, by our parents, long before meeting the first IBO.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Rendezvou: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2014
Justcash:
Lagos is ripe for advanced political reasoning and multi-ethnic governance. Lagos state is miles ahead of other states in Nigeria. Many Nigerians from other ethnic groups are more Lagosian than their original ethnic group. The state should lead the way in showing other states the beauty of multi-ethnic governance in Nigeria.

All these ethno-religious considerations impede the unity and progress of Nigeria. The minds of the new generation is corrupted by such considerations. In Lagos, kids are born together and mix up with eachother in playgrounds, school, churches and mosques without caring about ethnicity. It is only the grounded TRIBALISTIC social system that separates them and causes strife, suspicion and ethnic hatred as soon as they evolve into adulthood.

If we are indeed NIGERIANS, we should be seen as being Nigerian first before being Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Efik, Urhobo, Tiv etc. Lagos, as a cosmopolitan city, must lead the way.

Pls I'll like to know your state of origin before I engage you. You have made some points, but we need to review current happenings and also revisit history in order to give you an appropriate response.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Akanbiedu(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2014
The IBO issue will be dealt with, soon.

Just a little more patience.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by sukkot: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Neplusultra:
So only igbos butcher deir spouse?? U want to tell me their has not cases of oda tribes?? Mtchewww!!! undecided
am sure other tribes murder their wives. am talking about in america doe. if you cant tame your spirit in a supposedly civilized country then you are a special kind of crazy lmao grin
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by sukkot: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2014
ogaofficer:
good morning, lolz.
top of the morning to you my kind sir
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by kumbalo2014: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Now I see why Alh. Wouldnt rent out his house to igbo... Arifin ile igbe

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by sukkot: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, I'm not going to lie - since I've been following Nigerian news, politics, and ethnic relations - the Yorubas just look and act soft to me. They're not decisive in everything they do, and it's all about screaming inconsequential sophistication everywhere. The country is highly competitive, and territorial - and you have to put ya foot down. Delta and Urhobo domination is good example. Then you look at how small the Itsekiris are, and how despite that, they won't give an inch to anyone. However, with the Yorubas, they labelled the most important and strategic part of ya land as a "no man's land" - yet all you ever do is smile and suck up to them. Absolutely shocking.

Honestly, I don't care about Igbos. I only hear about "strong" Igbo and other funny stuffs on NL. Outside NL and in my neck of the woods, I honestly don't know any Igbo guy (maybe some guy I know from Brum) that's brave. Apart from the Yoruba and Edo guys - folks from the other Nigerian tribes are just there. grin
bruv you place too much emphasis on bravery. such traits would be lauded in 1920 or even 1940 lmao. these days all it takes is a bullet to rip through your chest and you are dead. bravery holds no water in this our day and age cuz when it comes down to it, its a question of who can shoot straight. so yorubas prefer to live peacably with all men. this is a very laudable trait. all that jostling for machismo points and trying to prey on others weakness is a sign of someone who hasnt tamed their animal side. but i can guarantee you that when it all goes down, the bravest man will be who can shoot straight and not who appears brave in non-conflict domestic situations wink

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by shurlermoz(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2014
realization of Biafra and political stake in Lagos does not go together, we have to pick one because you can't be in Biafra and be controlling another man's land miles away.

Ndigbo will start moving forward when Igbo political leaders stop selling themselves out and short. which Igbo politicians is at the national forefront presently, maybe Ayim and nobody else. this is the reason why all the Igbos can do is write letters and nothing more.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by xtervaganza(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
dontjealousme1:

Dat wan na ur imaginary friend ni...

How can u seek councillor, did u contribute a penny to Akwa Ibom abi Akwa Ibom don turn FCT ni.

One Nigeria is not by-force, Ojukwu told Awolowo to keep his western region, but no, instead Ndiigbo wont build Lagos let 3million Die.

Today Ndiigbo have built Lagos and demanding their right as Lagosians.

even if Nigeria had broken to 3 regions during the war it won't stop igbos or any other tribe from coming to Lagos.

Now let me ask you, Igbos are everywhere in the world in Ghana, China, UK and USA, so it's about one nigeria or not it's about knowing your limit as a stranger on another man's land
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Akanbiedu(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2014
I agree many Yoruba exhibit cowardly tendencies but this behavior can be deceptive, this is a part that confuses me all the years. A Yoruba man may have what it takes to kill in his pocket and still be the one retreating from a fight. anybody that witnesses Ife/Modakeke fight will never call Yoruba cowards.

The major reason it appears IBO are bullying Yoruba in Lagos is nobody takes IBOs threat seriously. We are quite sure they are not strategic enough to pull anything serious off. If the Fulani or Hausa make this demand, we are likely to witness immediate response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ZionJay(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Please when will our Igbo leaders write an open letter to Jonathan about the infrastructural decay of federal stuctures in Igbo land? Instead of fighting for political positions in another man's house,what is wrong in threatening Jonathan with our votes and make him fulfil his promises to Ndi Igbo?
Without sounding immodest,you the most reasonable igbo lady i have ever interacted with. I admire your stream of thought. God bless you richly

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2014
ZionJay:

Without sounding immodest,you the most reasonable igbo lady i have ever interacted with. I admire your stream of thought. God bless you richly
thanks!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Calculia: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2014
[size=18pt]With this level of igbo investment, we will continue to demand our right to freedom of association enshrined in the constitution. Igbo have a right as Lagosians to be included in the politics and day to day governance of their state lagos. [/size]

[size=14pt]Chelsea and Super Eagles midfielder, Mikel Obi is building a mini estate in the Ajah/Badore new development area of Lagos. Mikel and his partners (including a bank) are planning to build over 100 housing units of 2/3/4bedroom service apartments, a multipurpose hall and recreational facilities. The estate will be called Chelsea Estate and construction has already begun.[/size]
http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2014/12/mikel-obi-reportedly-building-estate-in.html

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Remarkable: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2014
When you say "no inclusion whatsoever"... aren't you aware that Igbos have been included already? there is a councillor and commissioner in Lagos State government?
Seems you were too quick to post out of sentiment...

btw how did this page reach 20+ pages before peson go sleep and wake up....nah wah o

VirginFinder:

There shall be no inclusion of ibos whatsoever.

Go and do your worst!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Calculia:
[size=18pt]With this level of igbo investment, we will continue to demand our right to freedom of association enshrined in the constitution. Igbo have a right as Lagosians to be included in the politics and day to day governance of their state lagos. [/size]

[b][size=14pt]Chelsea and Super Eagles midfielder, Mikel Obi is building a mini estate in the Ajah/Badore new development area of Lagos. Mikel and his partners (including a bank) are planning to

Very welcome!

Afterall, the land is used on lease which will expire at some point in time and the property will become that of the govt.

Meanwhile, Yoruba controlled LASG will enjoy all the land use charges and all other financial benefits that come with having to use the land.

It's win win for we Yorubas.

All the same, there shall be no inclusion of ibos in Lagos politics by any mean whatsoever.

Keeping the ibos shut out of Lagos politics is a task that must be done!
Go and do your worst.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by walwala: 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Azoro:
It pains me so much of the hatred that exists in this country. Just mere political expression /threat by NCSN has triggered all these name-calling and haulage of insults by fellow Nigerians to one tribe or the other, as though we have all been waiting for this opportunity to pour out our bitternesses . It is so sad. What then is the benefits of the degrees we have all acquired to be on this forum?
No one decided the tribe he/she wanted to belong,it was without our decision nor our suggestion that we are the tribe we are today, so why condemn one another?
THE CHANGE WE NEED IS IN THE WAY WE REASON
The most sensible contribution I have read so far. That's how educated ppl should reason. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.