Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84660 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:33am On Dec 28, 2014
Your life is in red and dying.
blemon44:

now i know that you don't have a mother

your life remain one bar

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:36am On Dec 28, 2014
Lagos is Yorubaland. Why not use your land as experiment? You lead by example.
Justcash:

I didn't ask Yorubas to lead the way. I seek for Lagos State to lead the way. If Enugu was like Lagos state, I'll ask Enugu state to do same.

You are getting it wrong. This is not about tribalism or ethnicity. It is about national unity. I have properties and extended family in Lagos state. I am entitled to controlling my destiny, as a NIGERIAN, in Lagos state. Same goes for Yorubas and Hausas in other states. If we must build a United Nigeria, we must be truly integrated. Lagos is "privileged" to be the place to start this revolution from.

13 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:43am On Dec 28, 2014
It's a big mistake we made for even giving ibo anything in Lagos. Well, we are paying for it now. I hope it's corrected fast, cos this madness has to stop!
9jacrip:

This is the problem I have with Tinubu.

There are other Nigerians in Lagos - Hausa, Urhobo, Itsekiri etc all in large numbers but they're not demanding, whinning and throwing fits about Lagos' politics and/or economy.

I wonder why Tinubu would accord them Iya'loja, Commissioner etc

I'm trying hard not to think it is all for his political gains because that would be very selfish.

13 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Collynzo419: 1:47am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

My fore fathers formed a country called Biafra and they were made to capitulate and embrace one Nigeria by your fore-fathers. It is a famous victory, and it is now my duty, as an Igbo man, to protect one Nigeria. Integration is important for one Nigeria. Integration implies being able to vote or be voted for in any part of Nigeria.
I have told you that you must remove the idea of domination from your head. Nobody intends to do that. You shame the efforts of your fore-fathers when you reason like that. If Igbos were as domineering as you implied, then I don't think your fore-fathers would have deemed it fit to fight for a United cause.

Nonsense

Your forefathers did not capitulate on their own terms. They were beaten to submission and they were subjugated under the authority of a superior power. Get that fact right

The fact that iboes were defeated and disgraced does not give them the right to seek political power in Yorubaland

You are in Lagos and Yorubaland due to our friendliness. You talk a lot of rubbish but you have failed to answer questions here iboe man.

How do you treat Non-iboes in your state? How do you even treat fellow iboes in your state?

Instead of your fixation on Yorubaland, why dont you go and seek political power in Kano or Sokoto??

I dare you!!

Of course you cant.

35 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:49am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Lagos is Yorubaland. Why not use your land as experiment? You lead by example.

Point of correction. Lagos State is a Nigerian land that is situated in the south west of Nigeria. The south west is mostly made up of Nigerians from the Yoruba ethnic group, with the NIGERIANS from other ethnic groups making up a minority of the population in the region. You can define other NIGERIAN regions like that.

As a Nigerian, I own a land when I buy it in any part of Nigeria. The land, which I have paid for, collected a certificate of occupancy (COO) for and built properties on, is owned by me even though they are in Lagos state and I am IGBO. I own the land. In general, Lagos state is owned by NIGERIANS, not just Yorubas. I know enlightened Yorubas that own lands and properties in the South East. It is theirs and can never be retrieved due to their tribes. That, is ONE NIGERIA.

Fortunately, Lagos State government understands the concept of one Nigeria. FYI, I'll vote in Lagos State. I can contest for positions in Lagos state. The question of whether I'll win or not is another issue. However, Lagos state, just like other states in Nigeria, is owned by Nigerians not Yorubas as you implied. We have since gone past the era of ethnic based ownership of land.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
It's a big mistake we made for even giving ibo anything in Lagos. Well, we are paying for it now. I hope it's corrected fast, cos this madness has to stop!

I swear.

I wonder why other ethnic groups in Lagos are not making demands and throwing fits like they are naturally entitled to it.

Coupled with the fact that the Elekos and Oba of Lagos are completely passive to the whole rubbish is disgusting.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:53am On Dec 28, 2014
That's tales by moonlight honey! The only person that wanted one nigeria out of the 3 leaders was your father. And you could have been enjoying your biafra if you had not invaded Yorubaland. Invasion of my land was the game changer, and it seems your people haven't learnt very much from that, cos your eyes are still on the same Lagos.
Justcash:

My fore fathers formed a country called Biafra and they were made to capitulate and embrace one Nigeria by your fore-fathers. It is a famous victory, and it is now my duty, as an Igbo man, to protect one Nigeria. Integration is important for one Nigeria. Integration implies being able to vote or be voted for in any part of Nigeria.

I have told you that you must remove the idea of domination from your head. Nobody intends to do that. You shame the efforts of your fore-fathers when you reason like that. If Igbos were as domineering as you implied, then I don't think your fore-fathers would have deemed it fit to fight for a United cause.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:54am On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo419:

Nonsense

Your forefathers did not capitulate on their own terms. They were beaten to submission and they were subjugated under the authority of a superior power. Get that fact right

The fact that iboes were defeated and disgraced does not give them the right to seek political power in Yorubaland

You are in Lagos and Yorubaland due to our friendliness. You talk a lot of rubbish but you have failed to answer questions here iboe man.

How do you treat Non-iboes in your state? How do you even treat fellow iboes in your state?

Instead of your fixation on Yorubaland, why dont you go and seek political power in Kano or Sokoto??

I dare you!!

Of course you cant.

I agree that my fore-fathers were roundly defeated. This is why I believe in the one Nigeria that you boast of. I implore you to accept it and PRACTICE IT too. You have no choice. It is here to stay forever.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:58am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
That's tales by moonlight honey! The only person that wanted one nigeria out of the 3 leaders was your father. And you could have been enjoying your biafra if you had not invaded Yorubaland. Invasion of my land was the game changer, and it seems your people haven't learnt very much from that, cos your eyes are still on the same Lagos.

Like you noted, those are tales now. We must put the animosities behind and live together as ONE. I should be free to vote and be voted for in any NIGERIAN state. This is supported by the Nigerian constitution. Lagos shouldnt be an exception. Igbos are making valid demands in Lagos state. If you don't want it, speak with your vote, if you are of voting age sha o.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 2:05am On Dec 28, 2014
Talk is cheap! You are just talking what will never happen.
Justcash:

Point of correction. Lagos State is a Nigerian land that is situated in the south west of Nigeria. The south west is mostly made up of Nigerians from the Yoruba ethnic group, with the NIGERIANS from other ethnic groups making up a minority of the population in the region. You can define other NIGERIAN regions like that.

As a Nigerian, I own a land when I buy it in any part of Nigeria. The land, which I have paid for, collected a certificate of ownership (COE) for and built properties on, is owned by me even though they are in Lagos state and I am IGBO. I own the land. In general, Lagos state is owned by NIGERIANS, not just Yorubas. I know enlightened Yorubas that own lands and properties in the South East. It is theirs and can never be retrieved. That, is ONE NIGERIA.

Fortunately, Lagos State government understands the concept of one Nigeria. FYI, I'll vote in Lagos State. I can contest for positions in Lagos state. The question of whether I'll win or not is another issue. However, Lagos state, just like other states in Nigeria, is owned by Nigerians not Yorubas as you implied. We have since gone past the era of ethnic based ownership of land.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 2:10am On Dec 28, 2014
The traditional rulers may be working underground, the last thing they need is closing the cage before all the birds get in. I'm sure something is in the offing.
9jacrip:

I swear.

I wonder why other ethnic groups in Lagos are not making demands and throwing fits like they are naturally entitled to it.

Coupled with the fact that the Elekos and Oba of Lagos are completely passive to the whole rubbish is disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StunningCEO: 2:11am On Dec 28, 2014
D sad thing is that these political group are the cause of the probs ibos are facing in lagos.village Pipul causing prob everywhere.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
The traditional rulers may be working underground, the last thing they need is closing the cage before all the birds get in. I'm sure something is in the offing.

Tinubu needs to be reined in really.

Something better be in the offing before these things get out of hands.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 2:13am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Talk is cheap! You are just talking what will never happen.

It is happening in Lagos State and other states. I'm living it. I'll vote to determine who'll lead Lagos State, as a Nigerian IGBO resident in Lagos. It is happening. Only disintegration can stop it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 2:14am On Dec 28, 2014
Do what you want, ibos are immigrants in Lagos and will not have the same right as, lets say a Yoruba man from Kogi in Lagos politically.
Justcash:

Like you noted, those are tales now. We must put the animosities behind and live together as ONE. I should be free to vote and be voted for in any NIGERIAN state. This is supported by the Nigerian constitution. Lagos shouldnt be an exception. Igbos are making valid demands in Lagos state. If you don't want it, speak with your vote, if you are of voting age sha o.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Validated: 2:21am On Dec 28, 2014
I knew a landlord who had an Ibo tenant. The tenant had a booming business and landlord was getting rent regularly. Incremental rent was as he wished.

The tenant and his wife grew the small stall and soon expanded to occupy two additional rooms in the house. They created shelves and turned the small shop into a supermarket.

Then the landlord and his wife became jealous. So the asked the man to pack. They claimed that they wanted to renovate the place for their son who is grown and needs a room. Against all plea, the landlord insisted that the Ibo man must pack. The Ibo man packed and luckily got another space on Ifako-Ijaye Road. This was in 2010.

Meanwhile landlord and wife opened a supermarket. Fast forward to July 2014, landlord supermarket has since closed and deserted. The same Ibo trader just bought the house from him and allowed his (landlord) son to live in one room.

This is the irony of a Lagos "Landlord". My question really is "who owns Lagos"? If you take a census you would be surprised. For example in my small street, we have about 15 Landlords. Of these number, 4 are Yorubas.. The rest are Ibos and Mid-Westerners. The Yoruba neighbour opposite my house is late and the feelers is that the children are willing to sell. The one beside is is uncompleted and may be sold soon as it requires demolition.

A good example is the Obawoles. They owned almost half of Ifako-Ijaye, but as I write almost 70% of the land have been sold to "Visitors" who now have 99 years occupancy rights. Who is the landlord or rather who owns Lagos if I may ask?

You are the judge.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 2:22am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Do what you want, ibos are immigrants in Lagos and will not have the same right as, lets say a Yoruba man from Kogi in Lagos politically.

Currently, we do have the same rights. I don't see any special rights enjoyed by Yorubas in Lagos state. Can you outline any of these "special rights"?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 2:25am On Dec 28, 2014
9jacrip:

Seems you all are finally waking up. If Tinubu can install an Ondo man as the governor of Lagos, his thirty something year old daughter installing an IBO woman as iya loja and his ijebu wife as senator of Lagos state why then do you question him why he appointed an IBO man as commissioner? He is telling you that Lagos is free for all. While I love my Yoruba people and open to them being part of the government of Lagos, I fear that allowing Tinubu an unchecked authority to determine our destiny in Lagos is very dangerous more so as we are still in a federal system. If we were in a regional system then by all means let an iragbiji man rule Lagos so long we are all working for the betterment of the Yoruba race but in a unitary government, allowing anyone from any state take positions which should ordinarily be for an indigenous person gives all sorts of bastards especially those from the east to demand what isn't naturally in their capacity to demand.

Tinubu not being a true Lagosian will never know where the shoe really pinches. I'm afraid that eventually tinubu will placate these ingrates and there won't be much we can do about it because we have reposed in him, too much power.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 2:26am On Dec 28, 2014
grin I know! I think Tinubu is getting better now than he was a year ago, I mean going by the weight he's pulling in Apc. The old Tinubu would have caved under pressure put on him about zoning the Vp out of SW, don't you think?
9jacrip:

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by smartigo: 2:29am On Dec 28, 2014
This letter would have carried more sincere intention than it seems now. More like exploring all available means to blackmail the government of the day for political reasons.

Some requests are off the hook. Like asking for the definition of Nigeria using just a state to deny it's people some privileges they enjoy which at the federal level they aren't enjoying. These benefits will come by integration; be part of the people, identify with their culture,life styles and not taunt them about how their lives would have been hellish without you.

The fact you could write this letter, it clearly shows the freedom of expression you enjoy in the first place. See yourself as Lagosian and not igbo in Lagos.

Until then,ur intention will be seen as an act of domination.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 2:33am On Dec 28, 2014
Your vote is just one, and whether it counts or not is another. You are living nothing in Lagos. You aren't an insider, you aren't part of those who move and shake things that affect your daily life. You are just part of the moving objects in Lagos.

I'm done with this roller-coaster ride till you bring something more exciting.
Justcash:

It is happening in Lagos State and other states. I'm living it. I'll vote to determine who'll lead Lagos State, as a Nigerian IGBO resident in Lagos. It is happening. Only disintegration can stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 2:37am On Dec 28, 2014
smartigo:
This letter would have carried more sincere intention than it seems now. More like exploring all available means to blackmail the government of the day for political reasons.

Some requests are off the hook. Like asking for the definition of Nigeria using just a state to deny it's people some privileges they enjoy which at the federal level they aren't enjoying. These benefits will come by integration; be part of the people, identify with their culture,life styles and not taunt them about how their lives would have been hellish without you.

The fact you could write this letter, it clearly shows the freedom of expression you enjoy in the first place. See yourself as Lagosian and not igbo in Lagos.

Until then,ur intention will be seen as an act of domination.

It is an indirect threat to say if you don't give us these things, we will vote for Jimi Agbaje. With that stup1d ondo man wearing IBO garb recently, I won't be surprised if they succumb to some of their greedy, incomprehensible demands.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 2:41am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Your vote is just one, and whether it counts or not is another. You are living nothing in Lagos. You aren't an insider, you aren't part of those who move and shake things that affects your daily life. You are just part of the moving objects in Lagos.

I'm done with this roller-coaster ride till you bring something more exciting.

Oh yeah? Lmao! Well, I'm living and loving my Nigerianness. I don't know what you mean by being MOVERS AND SHAKERS. All I want is my right, as a Nigerian, to live anywhere I wish without being trampled upon. I believe every NIGERIAN deserve that right irrespective of their tribe and history.

Yeah, I have one vote, and I'll use it to express my preference. Even though we all love to win, expressing our preferences is more important than winning.

I had no intention of making you excited.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Remarkable: 2:41am On Dec 28, 2014
They are talking particularly about political power, so you didn't understand that from the article?

Yorubarocks:
I thought these people owned and controlled lagos.So why are they screaming of marginalization again.LMAO
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 2:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Then why are your people complaining?
Justcash:

Currently, we do have the same rights. I don't see any special rights enjoyed by Yorubas in Lagos state. Can you outline any of these "special rights"?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 2:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Lagos is trying too hard to be London but the bastards that run the state should know that, that shit cannot and will not work in Yorubaland! Nigeria is a geographical expression. I as aYoruba have nothing, absolutely nothing in common with the IBO and for that reason cannot share my identity with them bar the forced nationality. The sovereignty of my homeland is non-negotiable and those in Alausa better etch that into their brains. Eni ti o ni iru eni, ko le mo Iyi eni. If any more position is conceded to these ingrates from the east then épé idle ni mo ma ran is won ni Alausa!

14 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by smartigo: 2:47am On Dec 28, 2014
Desola:

It is an indirect threat to say if you don't give us these things, we will vote for Jimi Agbaje. With that stup1d ondo man wearing IBO garb recently, I won't be surprised if they succumb to some of their greedy, incomprehensible demands.

Do you say indirect threat? This is a direct threat with what I read. Using the same ideology which APC stands for,which some of them never believed in to curry favour is a big insult.

Until they stand up and hold the few bad ones accountable and be identified with one cause, only then will people see the sincerity in their demands.

You can't be speaking with two mouths just for what you want for yourself, it is divisive.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 2:51am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Then why are your people complaining?

The group in the article is known as a "pressure group". They represent their organization and they hope to influence power. The idea of their representation of the entirety of IGBO NIGERIANS is subject to your own interpretation. They are not complaining, they are exerting pressure for political favor. They will vote hence their move to win favor.

You need to do a bit of research on the meaning of "pressure group".

I don't belong to that group. So, I find your generalization somewhat based on ignorance, and I mean that literally. Having said that, you have the right to express your view the way you want.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 2:56am On Dec 28, 2014
smartigo:

Do you say indirect threat? This is a direct threat with what I read. Using the same ideology which APC stands for,which some of them never believed in to curry favour is a big insult.

Until they stand up and hold the few bad ones accountable and be identified with one cause, only then will people see the sincerity in their demands.

You can't be speaking with two mouths just for what you want for yourself, it is divisive.

Well... I said indirectly because they didn't come out to say we are going to vote PDP if you don't kowtow to our demands.

But really, do you blame them! The manner in which APC gives joe igbokwe to go around brandishing figures from his arse claiming some significant number of the IBO populace in Lagos and their non-existent importance, massaging these non-entities ego as though without them APC is doomed cannot be ignored. APC thinking that massaging these cantankerous people's ego will gain their votes have totally miscalculated! Ibos are never interested in prosperity of Yorubaland and the earlier APC Lagos figures that out the better but Tinubu on his mission to be the alha and omega will do anything to please those people having no regard for the consequences his actions will bear on the real People of Eko.

All other Yorubas can stay aloof but it is the future of the People of Eko which is truly at stake here.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 3:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Too late to distant yourself from them. You have been holding brief for them all along. I will dwarf you in politics, so I don't need to research what "pressure groups" are. Btw, this group is not doing a good job of it and are in wrong business.
Justcash:

The group in the article is known as a "pressure group". They represent their organization and they hope to influence power. The idea of their representation of the entirety of IGBO NIGERIANS is subject to your own interpretation. They are not complaining, they are exerting pressure for political favor. They will vote hence their move to win favor.

You need to do a bit of research on the meaning of "pressure group".

I don't belong to that group. So, I find your generalization somewhat based on ignorance, and I mean that literally. Having said that, you have the right to express your view the way you want.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Remarkable: 3:02am On Dec 28, 2014
I do agree with your postulations, but want to expatiate further on a few points... the few states that have been progressive in being "untribal" includes states of the former eastern regionEnugu and Abia, I am sure of; funny enough these two states have also had a history of discrimination as well.

So isn't the bottom line really that it takes a good administrator or political administration to draw in a diverse labor force (especially when its citizens are diverse/has a major presence).

You feel me, dawg?
LogicPower:
Although there might be some basis for some of the complaints raised by this group, I think the TIMING and the OPEN nature of this letter make the whole thing smell of POLITICS, rather than a genuine, non-partisan agitation for better socio-economic conditions and more political rights for the Igbos resident in Lagos.

Besides, I think Lagos is one of the few states that have been making some appreciable progress towards addressing the often tricky and sensitive issue of non-indigenes in their states, as some Igbos, Hausas and some other communities have been appointed into some government positions to give them sense of belonging in the state. Many states have NOT started doing that yet.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 3:14am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Too late to distant yourself from them. You have been holding brief for them all along. I will dwarf you in politics, so I don't need to research what "pressure groups" are. Btw, this group is not doing a good job of it and are in wrong business.

Like I said, you have the right to think of it the way you want. I am proudly NIGERIAN and IGBO. I believe that soon, Lagos State will lead the way in ensuring true integration in Nigeria. A non-Yoruba, may or may not be IGBO, will lead Lagos soon.

No matter how much you try, you cannot stop that from happening. It is a sign of an evolving metropolitan society.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / "My Nigerian Hut Versus My New York Mansion"; Professor Shades Donald Trump.PICS / The Men, Woman Who Helped Abacha Plunder Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.