Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84493 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Neplusultra(f): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2014
ogaofficer:
ego you said its a no MAN's LAND ba? Oga sukkot here is a perfect example of the spirit you mentioned earlier o o. Now my question goes thus, as ogun state is now the most industrialised state in Nigeria dnt you think they will also write the same letter to ogun state government coupled with the fact that ogun and lagos are sharing the same border? Won't they come up with some allegations that they control the economy of ogun when itz crystal clear to us that the major investors in ogun are mainly foreigners? Madam kindly answer the 2nd question o o. . . Peace. Sukkot bia help me with ndigbo cause i been they think of getting married to one of their osinachi in some yearz to come.
Go and sleep! angry

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2014
An Igbo have the right to contest for election in any part of Nigeria. And this shouldn't be for self or tribal gain,rather for the simple intention to better his state of residence. He doesn't need to abandon his culture and get assimilated into another before the locals can see that he is qualified and capable of handling their needs. This is the reason why you people are backward and will never see the light.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 29, 2014
SirShymex:

The solution: folks need to understand the concept of mutual respect and territorial integrity when it comes to indigenous people. And if they're interested in anything, they might as well assimilate into the culture - and start showing more affinity to their host's culture and traditions.

Then Nigeria also needs to be restructured. The country is a union of many nations, and it's never going to work the way it's structure. That's just the honest truth.

The sense of entitlement in that letter is just wrong on so many levels. I don't blame them, I blame the Yorubas for being to cowardly. This is just history repeating itself again.

That is what I called a primitive black man idea of self-aggrandizement. It is nauseating people are creating territories when there is need for unity among humans in advancing humanity.

I can't seem to understand why you so much have to fashion a scene of dividing the people and ask for mutual respect. It never worked that way. Mutual respect comes from a scenario where there is unity and trust. There is no way people who don't trust each other are going to have respect that you are asking for. What you said is typical of average African person. I cannot believe a well read Yoruba person in a developed country is still having such a primitive mindset. These are the same things which give rise to many bad vices like supremacy, abusing other people's rights, cultural narcissism, fanaticism, hate, crimes, etc. Nigerians haven't learn from those who passed through such conditions in the past. The Nazi Germany institutionalized such practices and we have seen the devastating effects on humanity. Yet you are here talking about them. What a shame on you! I am not going to be a part of hate and look down on other tribes because I think they don't belong in my territory. That ignorance you are shipping in is xenophobic in nature. Please, stop the nonsense and find better solutions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ogaofficer(m): 1:11am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 29, 2014
Desola:

How rich, coming from the garbage mouth himself. Should I show you proof of your ill breeding? Shall I remind you that you initiated the debasing act of slinging mud with parenthood? You must suffer from Alzheimer's disease as not only are you not the brightest bulb in the room, your memory is very short. Nevertheless, I must reassure you that my incorporating your mother into this is not to debase her but to let you know that as she is a German national, I probably have a better grasp of the English language than she does and I might be of help in assisting her in her English literary skills. This of course will be done in the hope that she can breast feed it to you and with any hope pass on some intelligence.

Plonker!
*Facepalm* I am tired of reading your Niglish! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 29, 2014
SirShymex:
But why are Yorubas in Nigeria so soft? grin

Even the little Itsekiris always handle their business against far more powerful minorities in their enclave.

However, with Yorubas - it's all about pseudo-sophistication.

Once you lose Lagos and that massive coastline, it's all over. grin

Soft?! Did you say soft?! Let's just say we are cautious about pogroms on our land because we do not lose sight of the fact that our land must always be protected.

Ask the Hausas about the Sagamu riots in the late 90s.

And let me leave you with a quote from 'Ti oluwa nile'

'Okanran worin, onile lo lare, ajeji o m'ese 'left'

Loosely translated, Okanran worin, the indigene is blameless, the visitor is clueless over the lands.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Desola:

You seem to be the most fearful at this time. You want to know where and when the war will start. You are frantic. Chill... The Hausas never told you when they would start their pogrom did they? You were just jubilating over their dead heros one day and the rest as we know; after three million dead is now history. Non?

I am beginning to think you yolobas dont have it in you.....I am a real lagos island boy ooo. Alot fight don happen for that Lagos Island and your boys go dey panic sef.....Na mouth una get....The Igbo is just being responsible and smart....Cant spill the bean. But you must know that when it gets down to it,you sef fit run!
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 1:15am On Dec 29, 2014
all4naija:

That is what I called a primitive black man idea of self-aggrandizement. It is nauseating people are creating territories when there is need for unity among humans in advancing humanity.

I can't seem to understand why you so much have to fashion a scene of dividing the people and ask for mutual respect. It never worked that way. Mutual respect comes from a scenario where there is unity and trust. There is no way people who don't trust each other are going to have respect that you are asking for. What you said is typical of average African person. I cannot believe a well read Yoruba person in a developed country is still having such a primitive mindset. These are the same things which give rise to many bad vices like supremacy, abusing other people's rights, cultural narcissism, fanaticism, hate, crimes, etc. Nigerians haven't learn from those who passed through such conditions in the past. The Nazi Germany institutionalized such practices and we have seen the devastating effects on humanity. Yet you are here talking about them. What a shame on you! I am not going to be a part of hate and look down on other tribes because I think they don't belong in my territory. That ignorance you are shipping in is xenophobic in nature. Please, stop the nonsense and find better solutions.

Who put the mouth of this born throway insai mata sef? This Arssewipe who has never lived a day in Lagos, dey give advise from his mother's womb. Bloody oyinbo boy! Traitor! No be una people put us for this rubbish in the first place? Now this nincompoop is trying to tell us how to live our lives again.

E no go beta for your and your yeye origin.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 29, 2014
naijababe:
TBH, the letter is classic comedy sha! Lagos govt must sponsor new yam festival!!! I have never laughed so much grin grin grin grin

They want Lagos to sponsor ifejioku the god of yams!
Lagosians will be like ifejio what? Not in my neighborhood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ogaofficer(m): 1:17am On Dec 29, 2014
Neplusultra:
Go and sleep! angry
That's rude of you girl, it dosen't speak well of NDIGBO. You jst proved to me what desola and koro have been saying about your tribe go and work on your character. . . .peace

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 1:17am On Dec 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I am beginning to think you yolobas dont have it in you.....I am a real lagos island boy ooo. Alot fight don happen for that Lagos Island and your boys go dey panic sef.....Na mouth una get....The Igbo is just being responsible and smart....Cant spill the bean. But you must know that when it gets down to it,you sef fit run!

Lol...Ibo Lagos island abi? I swear you goats no get part two. So now I not only share my state with you but I share my identity with you?

You're full of shiatsu I swear!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 29, 2014
all4naija:

You're a stark illiterate!

Why do you think Putin took Crimea from Ukraine? Why do you think the US helped the Kurds carve out their own territory within Iraq? What was the reason for the Kosovo war? Why is the UK fighting over Gibraltar with Spain?

Now, let me get deeper for you. Why do you think every region in Europe with 3 million indigenous people is semi-autonomous? Why do you think every country in Europe is structured the way it's? Why were Scottish people asking for more independence, or more autonomy? Why are the Sicilians semi-autonomous within Italy? Etc..

The topic in discourse is too deep for your pea-sized brain to decipher. What they're pushing for is what is going to cause a Nigerian version of Hutu vs. Tutsi. And someone has to call them to order, before things get out of hand.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 29, 2014
blemon44:

you should be happy that igbo people produce fake things

oponu gba laleyi oo

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Vicel: 1:19am On Dec 29, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

Gibberish....

Thank God for Christmas n Hollywood. At least if it were not to be a Yuletide season u would have slept by now coz I trust MoMo Iyabo coz tomorrow would haven been Skul, n 4 Hollywood it deserves d merit 4 letting underaged riffraff of ur Caliban dwel in d cabal n among enlightened n conscious beings, to even raise a motion bcoz u have ears to listen BT d issue is not wit d ear BT d mind. "Out of d abundance of d heart d mouth speaks" bewildered hypocrite

Now go to bed n don't quote me to puke ur Gibberish as a word without cons pros or phrasal attachment or better still wen u can engineer n doctor perfectly a simple sentence or simple apprehension as dey call it in logics "iff" u satisfy d condition u re free to counter quote muahnes against.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Revolva(m): 1:19am On Dec 29, 2014
how can some one say igbos make up 70 percent of lagos...Bulshit.lies
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 29, 2014
Aigbofa:

They want Lagos to sponsor ifejioku the god of yams!
Lagosians will be like ifejio what? Not in my neighborhood.

I almost feel like printing the letter on a plaque, it is so bloody hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 29, 2014
SirShymex:
But why are Yorubas in Nigeria so soft? grin

Even the little Itsekiris always handle their business against far more powerful minorities in their enclave.

However, with Yorubas - it's all about pseudo-sophistication.

Once you lose Lagos and that massive coastline, it's all over. grin

bros, relax yoruba are soft but they are not stupid. It is not gud 2 see the other side of yorubas. I have seen it once and I dont like 2 see it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 29, 2014
Desola:

Who put the mouth of this born throway insai mata sef? This Arssewipe who has never lived a day in Lagos, dey give advise from his mother's womb. Bloody oyinbo boy! Traitor! No be una people put us for this rubbish in the first place? Now this nincompoop is trying to tell us how to live our lives again.

E no go beta for your and your yeye origin.

What are you talking about? My father is Yoruba man from Ibadan. What is more Yoruba than that?! I don't think you are even a Yoruba person in the first place. I have the right to claim neutrality because I belong to both sides, black and white. There is nothing wrong with that. You shameless b i t ch!I will continue to call you that.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:24am On Dec 29, 2014
Desola:

Lol...Ibo Lagos island abi? I swear you goats no get part two. So now I not only share my state with you but I share my identity with you?

You're full of shiatsu I swear!

You are very uncivil and uncouth....Are you even a female? You sound very unhappy and miserable. No go let these kunle and adekunde leave you go marry Igbo girl oool. Men dont like women that behave like a street tout.

So,you no no say Igbo guy fit dey flog you and you no go no sef?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 29, 2014
naijababe:

Soft?! Did you say soft?! Let's just say we are cautious about pogroms on our land because we do not lose sight of the fact that our land must always be protected.

Ask the Hausas about the Sagamu riots in the late 90s.

And let me leave you with a quote from 'Ti oluwa nile'

'Okanran worin, onile lo lare, ajeji o m'ese 'left'

Loosely translated, Okanran worin, the indigene is blameless, the visitor is clueless.

Yorubas are soft!

Being cautious would involve carrot and stick approach. However, the pseudo-sophistication/cautious excuse doesn't even make any sense whatsoever, apart from using it to mask cowardice.

When people start making threats, and start questioning the Eyo festival, which is part and parcel of everything Lagos is. It shows there's something in offing.

It's funny, but I won't be surprised when they start lording over Yorubas all over Yorubaland. grin
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ademo1: 1:29am On Dec 29, 2014
If u igbos are not careful, u will be sent out of Lagos. U should go back to ur villages to sell and eat ur markets. It is extremely outrageous. Yoruba accommodates alot that was what happened in Ilorin. Yoruba Elders should take action because this os a sensitive issues. I condemn igbos presentation in strong terms. Nonsense of d highest order. Hand shake don dey pass elbow

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 1:31am On Dec 29, 2014
all4naija:
What are you talking about? My father is Yoruba man from Ibadan. What is more Yoruba than that?! I don't think you are even a Yoruba person in the first place. I have the right to claim a neutrality because I belong to both sides, black and white. There is nothing wrong with that. You shameless b i t ch!I will continue to call you that.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that lie and you might start believing it soon enough. Your dad is a runaway. your mum looked on a map and just pointed out a random country to you saying that is where your father is from. - she lied to you because really you are a product of a one night stand and a broken condom!

If you think the word b1tch bothers me then you ought to think again. I actually like that word because I get to fvck sissies like you right up! I thrive on mocking simpletons and right now you are at the top of my pecking order.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 1:33am On Dec 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are very uncivil and uncouth....Are you even a female? You sound very unhappy and miserable. No go let these kunle and adekunde leave you go marry Igbo girl oool. Men dont like women that behave like a street tout.

So,you no no say Igbo guy fit dey flog you and you no go no sef?

Ouch! I must have touched a nerve. No more arms in your arsenal?

I'm gonna annihilate you this morning!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StOla: 1:33am On Dec 29, 2014
Neplusultra:
Hmmnn....Dis is nothing but ENVY!!! Igbos are really blessed!!!! God will prove to d world his special love for igbos!!!! Till den, these people shud continue in their hate,it'll consume dem.

What has the capital envy got to do with this thread? You can identify an Igbo for his/her affinity for the word "Envy".

Who is making political demands and who has the power to grant the demands?

Who is asking that the ethnic language be discontinued in a Yoruba state?

Who is asking for funding for a festival alien to Yoruba land?

Do the blessed always ask for more? Or when did the character flaw of covetousness become a blessing?

All I see is greed, and if you are infected with this disease already, I hope you do not genetically transfer it to your offspring.

This greed consumed your ancestors in the North, I hope it doesn't consume your offsprings in the West.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 29, 2014
I am typing this message with so much anger in my heart.We yorubas have to know that this is a real threat to our common patrimony from Nigeria and start making plans on how to protect ourselves from these ibos.

First of all,I blame Tinubu for allowing Ben Nwabueze to be the Commissioner for Economic Planning in Lagos.I would recommend that all posts and appointments given to ibos be reviewed with immediate alacrity.This war is a war that will literally kill all ibos in Lagos....ibos should be cautious of the danger these Pressure groups are placing them by advocating for political posts for ibos in Lagos.

If the ibos think they can win a war with Yorubas in Lagos then they must be deluded because lagos Is surrounded by Yoruba states and these states will happily donates men and weapons to win whatever war ensues from these dangerous games being played by the ibos.

The liberal yorubas are being radicalized by the minute and the awareness is getting higher,Goodluck Jonathan will do well to talk to "his brothers" to steer clear of political offices in yorubaland.I can assure the ibos that we will kill them all and burn down their shops if they dare test our will in Lagos state.

We are watching as events unfold!!!

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:35am On Dec 29, 2014
And we must be careful with the way we throw words around because one can be a victim. Nigeria must remain as it is because we spilt blood to bargain for it. Nobody leaves and there must not be any bloody "autonomous government " inside Nigeria. If you want that then we must come to your region and massacre 3million of you women and children then you can go. Your forefathers have sold your birthright and you have no power to bargain.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Desola:

Ouch! I must have touched a nerve. No more arms in your arsenal?

I'm gonna annihilate you this morning!

Sorry ,did you say morning?
I must have taken sleep from your eyes...kpele. Hope you are not working,today....lol
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Desola(f): 1:37am On Dec 29, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
And we must be careful with the way we throw words around because one can be a victim. Nigeria must remain as it is because we spilt blood to bargain for it. Nobody leaves and there must not be any bloody "autonomous government " inside Nigeria. If you want that then we must come to your region and massacre 3million of you women and children then you can go. Your forefathers have sold your birthright and you have no power to bargain.

Lol... Just remember to pay homage at ore and ensure that you don't pass through the Yoruba states on your way to Lagos.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 29, 2014
SirShymex:

You're a stark illiterate!

Why do you think Putin took Crimea from Ukraine? Why do you think the US helped the Kurds carve out their own territory within Iraq? What was the reason for the Kosovo war? Why is the UK fighting over Gibraltar with Spain?

Now, let me get deeper for you. Why do you think every region in Europe with 3 million indigenous people is semi-autonomous? Why do you think every country in Europe is structured the way it's? Why were Scottish people asking for more independence, or more autonomy? Why are the Sicilians semi-autonomous within Italy? Etc..

The topic in discourse is too deep for your pea-sized brain to decipher. What they're pushing for is what is going to cause a Nigerian version of Hutu vs. Tutsi. And someone has to call them to order, before things get out of hand.

Do you even look at your examples closely? Are those nations one? The last time I read Crimea is still a disputed territory Russia took by force from Ukraine because it has the military power to do so. The Kurds are still Iraqi by all definition. You have agreed with my post and point out my argument with Kosovo on how harmful ethnic problem when used as weapon can be. UK is not fighting with Spain over Gibraltar but having a dispute over control of the Island. Now of all the claims you are trying to bring into the discussion you will find out that they cause more troubles than good to unit and progress as one human race. The world needs solutions to human problems I have listed before.

What you claim to be deep is not deep at all. Europeans are trying to find solutions to those barriers you listed. It is a gradual process. There was time when European union never existed but now the differences are becoming less conspicuous through better understanding of unity and progress. Mind you, we are talking about different nations here which make up the European union, unlike Nigeria that is a nation which share virtually everything in common.

Stop exhibiting your primitive man mindset here. I am not going to be a part of it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:38am On Dec 29, 2014
Alcatraz001:
I am typing this message with so much anger in my heart.We yorubas have to know that this is a real threat to our common patrimony from Nigeria and start making plans on how to protect ourselves from these ibos.

First of all,I blame Tinubu for allowing Ben Nwabueze to be the Commissioner for Economic Planning in Lagos.I would recommend that all posts and appointments given to ibos be reviewed with immediate alacrity.This war is a war that will literally kill all ibos in Lagos....ibos should be cautious of the danger these Pressure groups are placing them by advocating for political posts for ibos in Lagos.

If the ibos think they can win a war with Yorubas in Lagos then they must be deluded because lagos Is surrounded by Yoruba states and these states will happily donates men and weapons to win whatever war ensues from these dangerous games being played by the ibos.

The liberal yorubas are being radicalized by the minute and the awareness is getting higher,Goodluck Jonathan will do well to talk to "his brothers" to steer clear of political offices in yorubaland.I can assure the ibos that we will kill them all and burn down their shops if they dare test our will in Lagos state.

We are watching as events unfold!!!

Lol@ e-warrior.... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 29, 2014
SirShymex:

Yorubas are soft!

Being cautious would involve carrot and stick approach. However, the pseudo-sophistication/cautious excuse doesn't even make any sense whatsoever, apart from using it to mask cowardice.

When people start making threats, and start questioning the Eyo festival, which is part and parcel of everything Lagos is. It shows there's something in offing.

It's funny, but I won't be surprised when they start lording over Yorubas all over Yorubaland. grin

There is something you are yet to understand about these 'superior Jews', at the hint if any trouble, they leave in droves for their villages.
I saw it all over Lagos during June 12 riots, while Nadeco and CD groups were fighting Abacha and young men and women were slaughtered by soldiers. They got busy boarding Ekenedilichukwu buses back to the East! Threaten Eyo ke? The Hausas that threaten oro in the past learnt a thing or two.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by StOla: 1:41am On Dec 29, 2014
naijababe:
shocked shocked

This yeye letter is exactly the reason why liberals get radicalised.

As we have been told many times here on NL, you have the numbers and also in your possession vast wealth; what's stopping you from using those two things to elect an Igbo governor?

True!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

Buhari’s Sneakers In 2015 Vs 2019 (Photos) / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / EndSARS: Protesters And Soldiers Clash (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.