Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84637 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yorubarocks:
I thought these people owned and controlled lagos.So why are they screaming of marginalization again.LMAO

I wish they could relocate to Otuoke where their messiah liveth. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
Calculia:

[b]And yorubas on nairaland posting pictures of dieing Biafra Children was not offensive enough to warrant those hard words from waternogetenemy. Yorubas on nairaland saying more Biafra will die and making reference to Biafrans dieing and dead is Ok?

Gbawe, u are a slimy pig for bring up those post and not the instigator waternogetenemy was basically replying.

Igbos should have a say in their Lagos state and participate in its governance goi

Nonsense!

ibos can go to blazes and/or do their worst.

No chance for ibos in Lagos politics whether now, in the immediate future or in the far future.

Yoruba awareness is on the rise. Thanks to NL.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
oduastates:

Go and practice that in your own state.
Yorubaland will never be used for "one Nigeria" experiment.

LOL this is funny grin

Seriously, Are Yorubas holding prominent positions in Igboland? I support one Nigeria if and only if all region participate.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
Here comes our next governor of Lagos State:

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
AJINATU:
what nonsense are you saying?

[size=18pt]Why dont you go to chibok or sambisa and preach your messaage of one Nigeria there?[/size]

Why are you ibos so feverishly greedy? You are the only non-yoruba occupying a commissioners position in Lagos yet you covetous creatures still lust for more ... What then do you want the Hausas, Ijaws, Efiks and people of other tribe that reside in Lagos to say?

We havent forgotten how Governor Theodore Orji sacked fellow ibos who are non-abians from the abia state civil service few months ago ... I think he needs your message of one Nigeria

LMAO!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
Okoroji no dey smile, na fight? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
oduastates:

Who wants one Nigeria? That one Nigeria mentality belongs to Obasanjo's generation. I will never delude myself as to the workability of a country called Nigeria.
That is why it is not working.
Hausa do not want Jonathan
Yorubas do not want Jonathan
Igbo want Jonathan

Yorubas did not want Obasanjo
Igbo wanted Obasanjo
Hausa wanted Obasanjo

[size=18pt]A union of advanced countries (European union)with high levels of literacy, technology and wealth cannot make their union work. Not to talk of a union of disparate tribes,who are barely out of the prehistoric age and without affinity for one another.[/size]

dayuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

damn!! @ Prehistoric age!

Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
This is the man for the job:

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by totoakins(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:
Lagos is multi-ethnic and not yoruba.

Lagos is a State and not a region and as such governance should reflect its multi-ethnic character.
and not regional character.
name a state that is not multi ethnic?
should a census be conducted in every state and the political offices divided as such?
please stop sprouting crap
if you have political ambitions travel back to your state
p.s am not from Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by swezenberg(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

@ the bolded: Who does not expect Yahaya to win elections in Akwa Ibom? Why can't Yahaya win elections in Akwa Ibom. Has Yahaya attempted to do so? How do you know that he won't win?

You keep emphasizing on whether they have tried but Igbos have tried several times and have failed so what else do you want the state to do.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
I keep telling my Ibo people to be humble.

You can't tell your host that you own the house. It won't take long before they kick you out.

Learn to be humble.

You make it hard for your hosts to tolerate you.

Small small, Yorubas will stop patronizing your business and start shunning you. I hope that never happens.

Learn to act like other non-Yoruba tribes in Yorubaland. Don't start demanding a change in culture you met there.

Just like you ask Yorubas to change our Iya Oloja culture. It's rude and disrespectful.

I will advocate for one-Nigeria when Yorubas start getting prominent positions in Igboland.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by tobilorba14(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
if we would claxify delta unda ibo yoruba hausa delta would fal unda ibo.xo am a deltian xtayin in lagos xince i was born.pls let these ibos stop claiming pawa in anodaz land.aw wil u go 4 election in odaz state.if they tink they av mouvh they should leave lagos if odas wunt tak their place.smh.make them try am 1st.dia ejo ti poju.brf z doin wel.shey go gri vote fashola 4 gov in anambra.smh

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
totoakins:

name a state that is not multi ethnic?
should a census be conducted in every state and the political offices divided as such?
please stop sprouting crap
if you have political ambitions travel back to your state
p.s am not from Lagos

Bullshit, u cannot tell people born and raised in Lagos to travel back to where?

Lagos is predominantly multi-ethnic.. It was a former Federal Capital and has alot of money and investment from all corners of Nigeria.

It is not a yoruba State and government in Lagos should reflect this.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2014

Okoroji is the man for the job. Why can't Ndigbo join me and let's promote this man? He can do it.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
I heard that APC will divide Nigeria if Buhari wins.

This is your true chance to divide Nigeria and to make Biafra a dream come true.

Vote Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by MDelgado(m): 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
My igbo brothers and their over ambitious ambition..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dapotanye(m): 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo419:

Nonsense

Nigeria is made of different ethnic groups!!

Lagos is YORUBALAND!!!!

That ethnic homogeneity you talk about is only possible because YORUBAS are welcoming and give your iboe people a chance to escape poverty .
As always, you iboes will take people for fools and have declared Lagos as no man's land which is bullshiiite.

Iboes are immigrants in Lagos and all Yorubaland. U are here because we welcome u and let u live peacefully and have a life you would not have in your village

We are progressive and will vote for anyone but that is our choice and not at your request.

Can I ask you? What opportunities do non-ibos have in your state?

U can not expect to have what you can never ever give others- hypocrites!!!

you are so on point

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dklex(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo419:

Nonsense

Nigeria is made of different ethnic groups!!

Lagos is YORUBALAND!!!!

That ethnic homogeneity you talk about is only possible because YORUBAS are welcoming and give your iboe people a chance to escape poverty .
As always, you iboes will take people for fools and have declared Lagos as no man's land which is bullshiiite.

Iboes are immigrants in Lagos and all Yorubaland. U are here because we welcome u and let u live peacefully and have a life you would not have in your village

We are progressive and will vote for anyone but that is our choice and not at your request.

Can I ask you? What opportunities do non-ibos have in your state?

U can not expect to have what you can never ever give others- hypocrites!!!

U made my Sunday, u said it all, things like this should be giving enough time, Nigeria project is still in the Making, Nd we have more than enough time to grow. I know one day we will all have a Nigeria that our heart desire. let's unite and think of the generation yet to be born. we all needs to remember that Nigeria did not start in this our generation, and it will not end now that we are in it. I want to see a Nigeria where an Igbo man will marry a Yoruba woman without any tribal issue, an Hausa woman married to a Yoruba man. One love
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
dklex:

U made my Sunday, u said it all, things like this should be giving enough time, Nigeria project is still in the Making, Nd we have more than enough time to grow. I know one day we will all have a Nigeria that our heart desire. let's unite and think of the generation yet to be born. we all needs to remember that Nigeria did not start in this our generation, and it will not end now that we are in it. I want to see a Nigeria where an Igbo man will marry a Yoruba woman without any tribal issue, an Hausa woman married to a Yoruba man. One love

My love, where have you been? It's been happening. wink
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

Bullshit, u cannot tell people bornand raised in Lagos to travel back to where?

Lagos is predominantly multi-ethnic.. It was a former Federal Capital and has alot of money and investment from all corners of Nigeria.

It is not a yoruba State and government in Lagos should reflect this.

Why was Lagos chosen as the capital ahead of Enugu, Ibadan and Kano? Lagos was not made the capital city because the Yorubas agitated for it.

If Lagos is not a Yoruba state, is it an Igbo state? Or Hausa State?

Why are you investing your money in Lagos when you can easily invest it in Enugu? Did the Yorubas put a gun in your head to invest in Lagos?

And for crying out loud, how is Fasola or the Yorubas stopping you from using your majority in Lagos to elect Governor and the likes?

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tinubu is Itsekiri but was Lagos Gov.

Ambode is from Ondo and contesting under APC for Lagos Gov.

Igbo is in line to produce Lagos Gov.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by emerged01(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:
Lagos is ripe for advanced political reasoning and multi-ethnic governance. Lagos state is miles ahead of other states in Nigeria. Many Nigerians from other ethnic groups are more Lagosian than their original ethnic group. The state should lead the way in showing other states the beauty of multi-ethnic governance in Nigeria.

All these ethno-religious considerations impede the unity and progress of Nigeria. The minds of the new generation is corrupted by such considerations. In Lagos, kids are born together and mix up with eachother in playgrounds, school, churches and mosques without caring about ethnicity. It is only the grounded TRIBALISTIC social system that separates them and causes strife, suspicion and ethnic hatred as soon as they evolve into adulthood.

If we are indeed NIGERIANS, we should be seen as being Nigerian first before being Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Efik, Urhobo, Tiv etc. Lagos, as a cosmopolitan city, must lead the way.
hmmm,smh!
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Why was Lagos chosen as the capital ahead of Enugu, Ibadan and Kano? Lagos was not made the capital city because the Yorubas agitated for it.

If Lagos is not a Yoruba state, is it an Igbo state? Or Hausa State?

Why are you investing your money in Lagos when you can easily invest it in Enugu? Did the Yorubas put a gun in your head to invest in Lagos?

And for crying out loud, how is Fasola or the Yorubas stopping you from using your majority in Lagos to elect Governor and the likes?

We are agitating for a greater inclusion and equity not a take over. I cannot possibly answer all those ur question. Google is ur friend.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Calculia:
Igbos are over due to produce a governor of Lagos State.

How can one group seize the governance of a multi-ethnic state since 1999.

Power must be allowed to rotate in Lagos.

You are deluded!
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Senseless letter. Wants to become a king in another man's land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by VirginFinder: 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:

We are agitating for a greater inclusion and equity not a take over. I cannot possibly answer all those ur question. Google is ur friend.

There shall be no inclusion of ibos whatsoever.

Go and do your worst!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by ACM10: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
People should stop whining and use their votes. The only way to make politicians listen is to vote against them.

Come out and vote against the party that marginalized you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Remii(m): 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
They are free to return to where their goal will be realized either their homeland, Ethiopia or Israel where they claim their are from. Lol for information of Ibos, the Hausa population in Agege, Ijora, Ketu, Obalende etc will draft their claim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by dontjealousme1: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
VirginFinder:

There shall be no inclusion of ibos whatsoever.

Go and do your worst!

U are notorious on nairaland,give me a break. u no dey tire? grin
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by darediamond(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Was Ojukwu thinking of integration when he Bombed Lagos?
You Igbos and Hausa people have the same brain!!
Justcash:

I said so because Lagos state is not as close to being an ethnic enclave as most other Nigerian states. The ethnic homogeneity has evaporated from Lagos state hence making it a true depiction of what a United Nigeria should be. If the aim for keeping Nigeria United is to foster integration, then Lagos need to be used as an example for other states to follow. If you love Nigeria and you want to see her succeed, you will know that this is very important.

I don't see the connection between integration and ethnic domination. That Igbos are striving to take part in the governance of Lagos state will not distort the historical antecedents of Lagos state. It will only open up Nigeria for integration.

I just think we need to choose between integration and disintegration. One of the reasons why Nigeria is not experiencing progress is the confusion brought about by our version of unity. It is more like a "disintegrated integration".

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by funkiebully: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
The reason Why We Lagos igbos should start sensitizing our people under our town unions to vote out tifnubu n his apc in Lagos, Let every igbo in Lagos vote pdp.

We have lesser tribalistic Yoruba in pdp than apc.

My people open ur eyes well, fashole n tufnubu are tribalistic scum, see What they did to rochas, oshiomole n amechi.

Open ur eyes this time n speak with ur votes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Ilekeh(f): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
dontjealousme1:
Tinubu is Itsekiri but was Lagos Gov.

Ambode is from Ondo and contesting under APC for Lagos Gov.

Igbo is in line to produce Lagos Gov.

Itsekiri na Yoruba na wink

We see Yorubas as one, no matter where they come from. We rarely care for their state of origin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply)

Ihedioha’s Task Force Slaps Okorocha’s Daughter / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / "My Nigerian Hut Versus My New York Mansion"; Professor Shades Donald Trump.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.